Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough 13:36 - Apr 13 with 14923 viewsdenhamhoop2

I have to admit purely because of Hillsborough Tragedy i would love Liverpool to win this years title any one else feel the same
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 21:58 - Apr 15 with 2044 viewsconnell10

Im finding some of the posts on this thread really heartless! ffs this could have happened to any one of us or any one of our realatives who were attending football matches at the time! show some focking respect you morons!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 22:15 - Apr 15 with 2020 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 21:58 - Apr 15 by connell10

Im finding some of the posts on this thread really heartless! ffs this could have happened to any one of us or any one of our realatives who were attending football matches at the time! show some focking respect you morons!

Agree completely.

I don't want Liverpool tow in the league, but they have nothing but my sympathy with regards to Hillsborough.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 22:36 - Apr 15 with 2004 viewsRangersAreBack

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 19:07 - Apr 15 by Brightonhoop

Seriously? Not one prosecution RaB, not one. Knuts drawing a pension for all these years. I doubt we'll ever agree but it could have been any Club in the day, including us. 25 years without justice where parents lost children, fathers, brothers, is a big ask of anyone.

I genuinely feel for those affected and applaud their fight for justice but the media love in with all things Liverpool is infuriating. An effective campaign is one that is executed in moderation with the amount of media coverage controlled to keep interest high. Too much coverage and the public get tired of hearing it. I've heard more about Hillsborough in my lifetime than Hiroshima, Haiti, New Orleans, the Tsunami, Lockerbie and 7-7 put together. Only Stephen Lawrence gets more coverage. Meanwhile the Bradford City stadium fire 25th anniversary passed by in 2010 with barely a mention.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 22:40 - Apr 15 with 2003 viewsRangersAreBack

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:35 - Apr 15 by Gloucs_R

Only 39 died that day with just 600 injured.

39 died as a direct result of the behaviour of Liverpool fans not because of poor policing, stewarding and cramped conditions.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 22:49 - Apr 15 with 1997 viewsRangersAreBack

The same Liverpool fans and ex-players who want justice for Hillsborough blaming everyone but themselves for Heysel:

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 07:32 - Apr 16 with 1962 viewstimcocking

Everybody feels sympathetic, nightmare to be involved in.

The media coverage, though, is ott in the scheme of things. Much worse atrocities were commited yesterday than Hillsborough and worse will be commited today i shouldn't wonder.

I'm not sure the British media have the correct priorities, at least as far as i view the world.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 07:35 - Apr 16 with 1963 viewsdaveB

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 22:36 - Apr 15 by RangersAreBack

I genuinely feel for those affected and applaud their fight for justice but the media love in with all things Liverpool is infuriating. An effective campaign is one that is executed in moderation with the amount of media coverage controlled to keep interest high. Too much coverage and the public get tired of hearing it. I've heard more about Hillsborough in my lifetime than Hiroshima, Haiti, New Orleans, the Tsunami, Lockerbie and 7-7 put together. Only Stephen Lawrence gets more coverage. Meanwhile the Bradford City stadium fire 25th anniversary passed by in 2010 with barely a mention.

thats probably because 25 years later we know what happened with the Bradford fire, it's taken that long for the Hillsbrough families to find out the truth, well done to them for fighting this long to get justice and I hpe they get it
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 08:34 - Apr 16 with 1939 viewsconnell10

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 07:35 - Apr 16 by daveB

thats probably because 25 years later we know what happened with the Bradford fire, it's taken that long for the Hillsbrough families to find out the truth, well done to them for fighting this long to get justice and I hpe they get it

got it in a nutshell dave, this is all about getting justice for innocent fans who died in a truley horrible manner! good oh the familys for fighting this long for justice and shame on all the people in charge of policing that game at the time! you can slag the scousers off as much as you want but they all stood together and won in the end, i wonder how many posters on here would do that!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 08:43 - Apr 16 with 1929 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 07:35 - Apr 16 by daveB

Exactly, Dave.

Heysel was the result of Liverpool fans' behaviour, true, but it doesn't mean that there can't be justice for Hillsborough. QPR fans killed a man in Aston Villa, and the behaviour of our hooligans down through the decades, along with everyone else's, led to the erection of fences which killed ninety-six people in Hillsborough. So we have to take responsibility, too.

But if someone killed one of my loved ones and smeared their good name in an effort to cover their own corruption, I'd fight as long as there was breath in my body, and by God you'd be sick of hearing from me.

Fair fuggs to them.

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 09:05 - Apr 16 with 1920 viewsRangersw12

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 08:43 - Apr 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Exactly, Dave.

Heysel was the result of Liverpool fans' behaviour, true, but it doesn't mean that there can't be justice for Hillsborough. QPR fans killed a man in Aston Villa, and the behaviour of our hooligans down through the decades, along with everyone else's, led to the erection of fences which killed ninety-six people in Hillsborough. So we have to take responsibility, too.

But if someone killed one of my loved ones and smeared their good name in an effort to cover their own corruption, I'd fight as long as there was breath in my body, and by God you'd be sick of hearing from me.

Fair fuggs to them.

Presume you're referring to the steward a few years ago , if so he died of a heart attack and no QPR were charged
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 09:10 - Apr 16 with 1919 viewsQPR1882

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 08:43 - Apr 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Exactly, Dave.

Fair fuggs to them.

The steward at Villa had a heart attack while 2 sets of moron fans were fighting. How was he killed by QPR fans ? QPR have to take some responsibility because it was their fans fighting as do Villa for there fans but the steward was not killed directly by QPR fans.

135 football fans died while watching Liverpool FC and not once have they admitted any responsibility, that's what's wrong.The families fighting for truth and justice is another matter in my eyes and they deserve what they fought all those years for and fair play to them.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2014 11:29]
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 09:17 - Apr 16 with 1895 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 09:05 - Apr 16 by Rangersw12

Presume you're referring to the steward a few years ago , if so he died of a heart attack and no QPR were charged

I doubt that he'd have had the heart attack if he was at home watching the telly rather than being assaulted by (a) Rangers fan(s).

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 09:21 - Apr 16 with 1881 viewspaulparker

if you read through the posts, we all agree that the families have been brave and deserve justice, also those in government and in the police should be bought to justice and shamed
but this hysteria over the the last week as been to much, from a club who wanted to hurt city fans by throwing bricks through their windows, so much for Liverpool "united"
through out the Eighties the Liverpool fans would steam into grounds, rob shops, rob their own fans for tickets, and caused one of the worst football disasters going in Heysel
there would have been fans who steamed in at Hillsborough trying to "jib" there way in
that helped cause this , they wont ever acknowledge this, a bit like heysel when they tried blaming Chelsea & millwall fans
the poor souls who died that day the ones who bought tickets were let down by the police, the government, the fa, and their own fans, they are not blameless at all
oh & BTW I dont think you can compare an aston villa steward with a dodgy ticker to
Hillsborough

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 10:14 - Apr 16 with 1853 viewsRangersw12

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 09:17 - Apr 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I doubt that he'd have had the heart attack if he was at home watching the telly rather than being assaulted by (a) Rangers fan(s).

No QPR touched him
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 11:48 - Apr 16 with 1821 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm dropping the death of responsibiity or partial responsibility for the Villa steward because we've discussed this before and got nowhere.

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 13:08 - Apr 16 with 1788 viewsBrightonhoop

Turning into a brilliant thread, keep it calm fellas. Lots of different views, mostly respectful of those that have lost lives.

Personally I hate Liverpool with a passion for so many reasons that go back to 75/76 for me. Compounded since and still.

Totally agree with the Villa steward facts, he died of a heart attack. But, and this is consistent with Pool at heysell, as a direct consequence of supporters fighting. From memory, there were no police present at the Villa game and the perfect storm occurred for such things to go on. Same could be said of Bradford, with a 77 year old stand engulfed in fire in 4 mins, with exit doors at the back of the stands locked where people could not escape and perished. And the same for Hillsborough. Fences went up and pens put in place pre-seating for a reason and without thought for supporters. The difference with Hillsborough is the cover up, the doctoring of police statements by senior plod to escape blame and keep pensions, smearing of non-police witnesses like the Doctor ( by the Judge of all knuts), the political conspiracy at the time to tar all supporters as hooligans supported by the Press and then maintained by successive Governments ever since.

Turns out the 10 year old boy killed, along with so many other children, was a cousin of Gerrards. The point is compassion for those that lost loved ones at the football and were subsequently smeared by the filth and there political paymasters, does not let Pool off the hook for Heysel, who have blamed the wall, the state of the stadium, policing and the Italians, everyone but there own supporters ultimately. But you cant confuse the two as the same. Who the fck signed of the Bradford stand as safe for thousands of supporters?

I unexpectedly met an Italian family who lost a son at Heysel, and being the only Englishman present I did not know where to look. Fcking horrible, deeply shaming, experience.

For me, total respect to the 96 and the families that have fought so hard and for so long, causing this Government to crumble and lift the 30 year rule on Classified docs after 23 years for the families. But I hope to dear God Pool do not win the League because they will be insufferable w4nkers for the net decade as they always were.

So to the hoolies, follow Morgan Twins example. Peace and love to all.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 13:20 - Apr 16 with 1781 viewsbob566

haven't gone through the thread but the main feck up is the police to award the big end to the forest fans. Liverpool were due to get it that season because they had the small end the year before but the cops fecked them over and gave them the small end two years in a row. Its meant to alternate I believe.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 14:08 - Apr 16 with 1753 viewspaulparker

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 13:20 - Apr 16 by bob566

haven't gone through the thread but the main feck up is the police to award the big end to the forest fans. Liverpool were due to get it that season because they had the small end the year before but the cops fecked them over and gave them the small end two years in a row. Its meant to alternate I believe.

I think the year before Liverpool had the Leppings lane end and the police thought it would be ok again, so they gave that end again to Liverpool
again madness not to give them the big end
Policing at football has changed the last 25 years, back then it was a case of getting everybody off the streets and in the stadium in case it kicked off
looking back villa park or old Trafford would have been the better option
as in 81 spuds fans were crushed & 87 Leeds fans were to crushed in the leppings lane end, that's why the FA needed to have an investigation into why they kept choosing Hillsborough as a semi final option when it was clear that end wasn't fit for anything

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 01:50 - Apr 17 with 1677 viewsFredManRave

Exactly, Dave.

Fair fuggs to them.

Rather than just follow the mantra of "Heysel was the result of Liverpool fans behaviour" I looked for additional information on the events of that utterly sad day. For those wanting to do likewise read the link below.

If nothing else it should change to some degree the unbelievably simplistic viewpoint of many that oft quote the "Heysel was the result of Liverpool fans".

http://tomkinstimes.com/2013/05/heysel-25-years-on-book-extract/
[Post edited 17 Apr 2014 1:56]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 03:19 - Apr 17 with 1660 viewsRangersAreBack

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 01:50 - Apr 17 by FredManRave

Rather than just follow the mantra of "Heysel was the result of Liverpool fans behaviour" I looked for additional information on the events of that utterly sad day. For those wanting to do likewise read the link below.

If nothing else it should change to some degree the unbelievably simplistic viewpoint of many that oft quote the "Heysel was the result of Liverpool fans".

If you want your opinion to hold weight source a professional account written by an impartial author not a fanzine written by a workshy, plastic Liverpool supporter who actually grew up in West London.

"I grew up on the outskirts of west London, with no football clubs on the doorstep — but about 15 that were 15-20 miles away in all directions. There was no sense of ‘support your local club’, as there were none; it wasn’t like growing up in Liverpool, where you automatically choose one of two teams, or Newcastle, where you are bred into life as a Magpie. There was no footballing identity, just loads of kids supporting a myriad different clubs, none of which really spoke to me.

I began supporting Liverpool in the late ‘70s; my earliest memory is of the 1978 European Cup Final, and Kenny Dalglish leaping over the advertising hoardings at Wembley, which seemed like the most exciting thing ever (and somehow impressed me more than the goal)."
[Post edited 17 Apr 2014 3:20]
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 03:33 - Apr 17 with 1656 viewsRangersAreBack

So do I but I don't need to hear about it every 5 minutes.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 08:30 - Apr 17 with 1621 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 01:50 - Apr 17 by FredManRave

Badly worded.

I'll read that, but what I should have said is that Liverpool fans contributed to Heysel with their charge/countercharge.

Pont taken, Fred.

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 08:50 - Apr 17 with 1611 viewsPommyhoop

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 03:19 - Apr 17 by RangersAreBack

If you want your opinion to hold weight source a professional account written by an impartial author not a fanzine written by a workshy, plastic Liverpool supporter who actually grew up in West London.

"I grew up on the outskirts of west London, with no football clubs on the doorstep — but about 15 that were 15-20 miles away in all directions. There was no sense of ‘support your local club’, as there were none; it wasn’t like growing up in Liverpool, where you automatically choose one of two teams, or Newcastle, where you are bred into life as a Magpie. There was no footballing identity, just loads of kids supporting a myriad different clubs, none of which really spoke to me.

I began supporting Liverpool in the late ‘70s; my earliest memory is of the 1978 European Cup Final, and Kenny Dalglish leaping over the advertising hoardings at Wembley, which seemed like the most exciting thing ever (and somehow impressed me more than the goal)."
[Post edited 17 Apr 2014 3:20]

Whoever wrote that is a typical plastic Chelsea ,Liverpool Man U fan..
Earliest memory is of Dagliesh in the 78 European FINAL.? Just pick a winner eh.
W"nker...

@@@ but about 15 that were 15-20 miles away in all directions. There was no sense of ‘support your local club’, as there were none;@@@
So you watch the telly see Liverpool are dominating the league and Europe and decide to support a team 100 odd miles away..C@NT!!!
[Post edited 17 Apr 2014 8:53]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 14:08 - Apr 17 with 1573 viewsA40Bosh

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 13:08 - Apr 16 by Brightonhoop

Turning into a brilliant thread, keep it calm fellas. Lots of different views, mostly respectful of those that have lost lives.

Personally I hate Liverpool with a passion for so many reasons that go back to 75/76 for me. Compounded since and still.

Totally agree with the Villa steward facts, he died of a heart attack. But, and this is consistent with Pool at heysell, as a direct consequence of supporters fighting. From memory, there were no police present at the Villa game and the perfect storm occurred for such things to go on. Same could be said of Bradford, with a 77 year old stand engulfed in fire in 4 mins, with exit doors at the back of the stands locked where people could not escape and perished. And the same for Hillsborough. Fences went up and pens put in place pre-seating for a reason and without thought for supporters. The difference with Hillsborough is the cover up, the doctoring of police statements by senior plod to escape blame and keep pensions, smearing of non-police witnesses like the Doctor ( by the Judge of all knuts), the political conspiracy at the time to tar all supporters as hooligans supported by the Press and then maintained by successive Governments ever since.

Turns out the 10 year old boy killed, along with so many other children, was a cousin of Gerrards. The point is compassion for those that lost loved ones at the football and were subsequently smeared by the filth and there political paymasters, does not let Pool off the hook for Heysel, who have blamed the wall, the state of the stadium, policing and the Italians, everyone but there own supporters ultimately. But you cant confuse the two as the same. Who the fck signed of the Bradford stand as safe for thousands of supporters?

I unexpectedly met an Italian family who lost a son at Heysel, and being the only Englishman present I did not know where to look. Fcking horrible, deeply shaming, experience.

For me, total respect to the 96 and the families that have fought so hard and for so long, causing this Government to crumble and lift the 30 year rule on Classified docs after 23 years for the families. But I hope to dear God Pool do not win the League because they will be insufferable w4nkers for the net decade as they always were.

So to the hoolies, follow Morgan Twins example. Peace and love to all.

"Turns out the 10 year old boy killed, along with so many other children, was a cousin of Gerrards. The point is compassion for those that lost loved ones at the football and were subsequently smeared by the filth and there political paymasters, does not let Pool off the hook for Heysel, who have blamed the wall, the state of the stadium, policing and the Italians, everyone but there own supporters ultimately. But you cant confuse the two as the same."...........................

This is a valid point, and the problem is that many will lump "the 96" into a single generic "Liverpool" entity and then associate that entity with Heysel, but the lives lost were those of individuals and the effects of Hillsborough touched the lives of many people far outside of the city. What happened at Heysel was clearly very wrong but it cannot be justified to use it to counter argument for the sympathy for the 96. The families of the 96 left to pick up the pieces of their lives, then had to further suffer the results of the blatant cover up and tarnishing of their lost ones reputation as if being a Liverpool "supporter" at that match automatically meant you contributed to your own doom because you must have been a drunken hooligan. There is no correlation between the two events because it was individuals involved in both tragedies not a single entity call The Pool .

One example.....

Body 27 was in my class all the way through secondary school. I did not get the grades needed to do History at Sheffield, but he did get the grades to get there.

Yes, Body 27 was a 21 year old Liverpool Fan - his crime? - He happened to be an Ealing-born Liverpool fan who picked Sheffield University for his degree in Economics and it probably made sense to go to that game as it was on his doorstep.

Body 27 was left on the pitch until a copper came across him and put him on a hoarding and carried him off to a make shift morgue making the assumption he must already be dead because he was blue in the face and did not appear to be breathing. The 21 year old copper who carried him off the pitch did not know what he was supposed to be doing.

The parents of Body 27 got a phone call from their oldest son at 5am the next morning in Turkey where they were on holiday to say that his brother was one of the dead.

The father of body 27 had to catch the first flight back to LHR and then get to Sheffield to a morgue to identify the body of Body 27.

The father of Body 27 looked a wreck at the funeral but his grief took too much of a toll on his heart and he dropped down dead in the street in Ealing around the time of the 1st year anniversary.

The family of body 27 are still pondering to this day what might have been if the organisations and services charged with hosting a large scale football match had actually put as much effort into doing their jobs properly as they did in covering up for their inadequacies .

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 14:11 - Apr 17 with 1560 viewsdaveB

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 03:33 - Apr 17 by RangersAreBack

So do I but I don't need to hear about it every 5 minutes.

don't listen then
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024