Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy 17:28 - Apr 13 with 5492 viewsGloucs_R

Lots if papers reporting today that he has a buy out clause of just 10m

PSG, Monaco and the English clubs all now interested

Poll: Are we staying up?

Remy on 09:37 - Apr 14 with 1011 viewsexiled_dictator

As was proved in the Suarez case when Arse triggered his clause, and then bettered it by £1, all it means is that the player's agent can speak to that club. It does not mean that the club that triggers the clause automatically gets to buy the player, as the selling club (as in us), can simply refuse to sell him. Alternatively, it could be the case that the player does not agree personal terms with the buying club.

Just to add to the pot, my sauces tell me that Giroud will definitely be leaving Arsenal at the end of the season, and Wenger is determined to replace him with Remy, and has more that the trigger amount to pay for him.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Remy on 09:39 - Apr 14 with 1009 viewsTheBlob

Remy on 09:32 - Apr 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Blob,

My point is that no club will exceed the buyout. Say for instance two clubs go up to the 14 or 15m range. It doesn't matter who goes highest - both can open negotiations with him at any stage once they've hit the buyout figure. Why would they want to exceed the buyout figure? It's not as if we can accept only the highest bid. We'd have to accept both bids. And if they know that, why would they go one cent over the release clause?

Depends how badly you want him.Remy's just like any other commodity,he's worth what you're prepared to pay.The only wrinkle in this seems to be which owner the commodity prefers.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Remy on 09:52 - Apr 14 with 981 viewsQPR_John

Remy on 09:39 - Apr 14 by TheBlob

Depends how badly you want him.Remy's just like any other commodity,he's worth what you're prepared to pay.The only wrinkle in this seems to be which owner the commodity prefers.

"The only wrinkle in this seems to be which owner the commodity prefers."

That negates your earlier point about an auction. Not seen many auctions where the "commodity" has a say.
Remy on 09:54 - Apr 14 with 978 viewspomanjou

Remy on 09:39 - Apr 14 by TheBlob

The commodity holds all the aces. The aces include every penny over the buyout figure.

Newcastle will definitely not keep him.

Arsenal most likely destination.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Remy on 09:55 - Apr 14 with 976 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remy on 09:37 - Apr 14 by exiled_dictator

As was proved in the Suarez case when Arse triggered his clause, and then bettered it by £1, all it means is that the player's agent can speak to that club. It does not mean that the club that triggers the clause automatically gets to buy the player, as the selling club (as in us), can simply refuse to sell him. Alternatively, it could be the case that the player does not agree personal terms with the buying club.

Just to add to the pot, my sauces tell me that Giroud will definitely be leaving Arsenal at the end of the season, and Wenger is determined to replace him with Remy, and has more that the trigger amount to pay for him.

ED,

Liverpool's Suarez clause was different. It was a clause whereby they Suarez would have permission to talk to any club that triggered the clause but the decision on whether to sell was ultimately Liverpool's. Their owners have admitted that they breached the spirit of that contract but legally they were (they felt) on safe ground. Suarez stayed.

Remy's is a minimum fee release clause, or so it has always been reported. If a club matches the minimum fee, Rangers would have no more say in the matter and certainly no veto. The decision would be between that club and Remy.

Blob,

I give up!
[Post edited 14 Apr 2014 9:56]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Remy on 09:57 - Apr 14 with 968 viewsTheBlob

Spurs are also interested.How can we lose?

Remy on 10:00 - Apr 14 with 964 viewsQPR_John

One thing that has always confused me is that, given the clause does exist, why Newcastle did not buy him. They paid, so it is said, £2m for the loan than why not the £6m extra to buy him. Surely not a gamble as he had already shown what he could do in a poor Premiership team. Then again if a deal had been agreed between us and Newcastle and Remy turned it down how many chances does this clause give him.
Remy on 10:02 - Apr 14 with 953 viewsTheBlob

Has anybody actually read this clause then?

Login to get fewer ads

Remy on 10:02 - Apr 14 with 952 viewspaulparker

I think we can all agree that we wont get what we should get for Remy
he is worth in todays Market around £25million
10-12 million is a bargain considering Rhodes went for over 8 million

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Remy on 10:09 - Apr 14 with 938 viewsTheBlob

Remy on 09:55 - Apr 14 by BrianMcCarthy

ED,

Liverpool's Suarez clause was different. It was a clause whereby they Suarez would have permission to talk to any club that triggered the clause but the decision on whether to sell was ultimately Liverpool's. Their owners have admitted that they breached the spirit of that contract but legally they were (they felt) on safe ground. Suarez stayed.

Remy's is a minimum fee release clause, or so it has always been reported. If a club matches the minimum fee, Rangers would have no more say in the matter and certainly no veto. The decision would be between that club and Remy.

Blob,

I give up!
[Post edited 14 Apr 2014 9:56]

"I give up"

That's what I love about you Brian.

Remy on 10:14 - Apr 14 with 926 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remy on 10:09 - Apr 14 by TheBlob

"I give up"

That's what I love about you Brian.

I think it may welll be the first time I've ever thought or typed those words. You have bestest me, Sir!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Remy on 10:18 - Apr 14 with 922 views08olesen

Is there any hard evidence to suggest that he does have a buy out clause?

Surly Arsenal would have paid 10 million last summer if that's all it took to get a top striker in.

I very much doubt that the club have put a clause on the most valuable asset we have.

Open the bidding at 15 million and watch about 5 clubs fight for his signiture. That bloke is class and is just what arsenal and the spuds need.

Watch the 'true geordie' on youtube, that bloke knows his stuff and says that without Remy, newcastle would be in the relegation zone!

All in all, i hope we get double the 8 mill we payed and then go buy Rhodes and Morrison with the money!!!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Remy on 10:31 - Apr 14 with 903 viewspomanjou

Remy on 10:18 - Apr 14 by 08olesen

Surly Arsenal would have paid 10 million last summer if that's all it took to get a top striker in.

I very much doubt that the club have put a clause on the most valuable asset we have.

Open the bidding at 15 million and watch about 5 clubs fight for his signiture. That bloke is class and is just what arsenal and the spuds need.

Watch the 'true geordie' on youtube, that bloke knows his stuff and says that without Remy, newcastle would be in the relegation zone!

All in all, i hope we get double the 8 mill we payed and then go buy Rhodes and Morrison with the money!!!

Hope triumphs over reality, again............

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Remy on 10:45 - Apr 14 with 878 viewsolderR

Remy on 10:18 - Apr 14 by 08olesen

I would think there is a release clause to ensure he could get away if we were relegated and
the only way he would join us. The potential court case was probably the only reason he was loaned not sold. Now that is out of the way it's open season.
As to his value, he was said to be injury prone before he joined us and missed games with us and has done the same with Newcastle.
How much is a player worth who may miss half a season?
Remy on 10:46 - Apr 14 with 876 viewsToast_R

I'd rather keep him should QPR go up. Surely TF etc could match whatever signing on fee he's offered from elsewhere funded by the sale of Tara BAT? He's already shown he's more about the money then the honours.

If Zamora and Johnson are released at the end of their contracts (God willing), no Morrison obviously, all we'd have is Austin who is untried at that level. Are we actually going to be able to buy a striker better then Remy?

I think not.
Remy on 10:59 - Apr 14 with 853 viewsextratimeR

Their is a difference between player buying out the remainder of his contract , and a *buy out clause*.

(Apologies if this already mentioned), Suarez case now sets precedent for a club to say fine you have made trigger bid, (in this case £ 40,000,0001), but he is contracted to us and we are not selling him.
Remy on 11:09 - Apr 14 with 839 viewsJonDoeman

Loic Remy Reveals He’s Up For Sale To Highest Bidder In French Interview | NUFC The Mag

In an interview in France, Newcastle United’s on-loan striker Loic Remy reveals he has now been put up for sale to the highest bidder by QPR.

Plus, when asked about whether he would be still playing for Newcastle United next season, Remy said various clubs (though he didn’t name them) are in discussions with his agent but also said ‘I would like to rejoin a top European club’.

Thanks to Pierre for his as ever invaluable translation skills for the following from Telefoot in France;
Son avenir en club
His Club Future

Loaned by QPR to Newcastle, Loic Remy has just been placed on the transfer list by his London club who are hoping to achieve a very good price.

Is Loic Remy going to stay at Newcastle?
“Clubs are currently discussing with my agent, I am open to everything.
“I would like to rejoin a top European club to challenge myself at the highest level. With regards to my future everything is possible, even going back to France.”
“The places are at a premium for Brazil, I am not an automatic selection for the Blues but I hope to be going to Brazil.”

It Is What It Is !!

Remy on 12:32 - Apr 14 with 792 viewsSpiritofGregory

Remy on 18:54 - Apr 13 by THEBUSH

10 million ain't that bad, imo.

It is when he is a world class striker - easily worth £30m, and being courted by football's elite. Remember we have a £170m debt we need all the money we can get. Newcastle have collapsed without him, not only does he score goals in a crap team, he is also a team player.

That donkey at Spurs cost £26m. Luiz at the Scum cost £25m!!
Remy on 12:51 - Apr 14 with 766 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought the clause expired in the summer, hence its highest bidder time
Remy on 13:50 - Apr 14 with 732 viewsTheBlob

I can't believe our wheeler dealers would let something go for less than the market price.I would expect they'd be more likely to jack the price up when they've hooked a punter in."Sorry mate,that was last week's price."
That's what I'd do - it's happening in the house market as well.
If it was a fixed ceiling then they're mugs.

Remy on 15:10 - Apr 14 with 700 viewskensalriser

Indeed, Sir Blob.

Of course, none of us have seen the contract so we're all speculating. I continue to believe that he'll go for more than the purported £10m - and no chance he'll remain at QPR, promotion or no.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Remy on 15:32 - Apr 14 with 682 viewsSpiritofGregory

Surely that clause has expired? Didn't TF pubically quote £15m in November which tells me that it has expired. His price should have rocketed since then.

He will also score lots of goals in the World Cup, France have an easy group.
Remy on 16:32 - Apr 14 with 670 views08olesen

I would rather not risk it and sell him before the World Cup. losing out on 2 million quid if he has a good one, is better than potentially having a player with an ACL on 100 grand a week.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Remy on 16:46 - Apr 14 with 666 viewsDylanP

I think that we should sell him for 42 million and then donate the extra 32 million to a charity that is just a front for the the Russian mob.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Remy on 18:47 - Apr 14 with 617 viewsShackletonR

Offer Remy to West Ham, straight swap for Ravel, thats a proper investment!.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024