Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy 17:28 - Apr 13 with 5493 viewsGloucs_R

Lots if papers reporting today that he has a buy out clause of just 10m

PSG, Monaco and the English clubs all now interested

Poll: Are we staying up?

Remy on 01:53 - Apr 15 with 1112 viewsRangersAreBack

Remy on 22:57 - Apr 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Kensal,

Presuming there is a release clause of 10m, why would any club offer more than 10m when any offer of 10m by them or by anyone else has to be accepted? Rangers would be obliged to accept all offers of 10m pr more, not just the highest bid over 10m.

Clubs normally provide players with permission to speak to the highest bidder. Sometimes a club will offer more because they suspect the player has his heart set on a move elsewhere. The player will normally visit because they have nothing to lose. The club will then do everything in their power to entice them. Much like QPR persuaded Remy to snub Newcastle at the 11th hour.

Let's say Remy fancies a move to Arsenal. The Gunners offer the minimum £10million. PSG sense that Remy has a preference for Arsenal so they bid £15million. QPR accept the higher offer and allow Remy to speak with PSG. He flies over there, is shown around Parc des Princes and the first class facilities. He is offered superior wages to play champions league football in his home country alongside top players in full view of the national team manager. Suddenly Arsenal's offer of capped wages to play Europa league football doesn't seem as enticing. Unless, of course, Arsene is bloody good at FIFA 2015.
Remy on 02:54 - Apr 15 with 1104 viewsEconRmist

Remy on 09:21 - Apr 14 by TheBlob

You've never been to an auction then?All that 10m means he's on sale,if you get two or more interested punters fighting over him......and you can take bids off the ceiling,the chandelier,the little kid in the auction hall licking the ice cream.....a nice little bidding war,lovely when that happens.

There can't be a bidding war in this case: the club has to sell to anyone who meets the asking price. What happens then is a bidding war for the contract, the receipts of which end up with the player and his agent.

When you auction an asset you are setting its price. In this case once the bidding hits the level of the buyout clause the asset has to be sold and the club cannot further benefit from the sale.
Remy on 03:11 - Apr 15 with 1101 viewsFredManRave

Remy on 02:54 - Apr 15 by EconRmist

There can't be a bidding war in this case: the club has to sell to anyone who meets the asking price. What happens then is a bidding war for the contract, the receipts of which end up with the player and his agent.

When you auction an asset you are setting its price. In this case once the bidding hits the level of the buyout clause the asset has to be sold and the club cannot further benefit from the sale.

What about if there's a clause within the buyout clause that states that when a bid triggers the buy out clause this then triggers the clause within the buyout clause whereby, assuming two clubs have activated the buyout clause with their bids then the clause within the buyout clause stipulates, quite simply, that the highest offer wins, ergo, a bidding war.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Remy on 05:43 - Apr 15 with 1084 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remy on 01:53 - Apr 15 by RangersAreBack

Clubs normally provide players with permission to speak to the highest bidder. Sometimes a club will offer more because they suspect the player has his heart set on a move elsewhere. The player will normally visit because they have nothing to lose. The club will then do everything in their power to entice them. Much like QPR persuaded Remy to snub Newcastle at the 11th hour.

Let's say Remy fancies a move to Arsenal. The Gunners offer the minimum £10million. PSG sense that Remy has a preference for Arsenal so they bid £15million. QPR accept the higher offer and allow Remy to speak with PSG. He flies over there, is shown around Parc des Princes and the first class facilities. He is offered superior wages to play champions league football in his home country alongside top players in full view of the national team manager. Suddenly Arsenal's offer of capped wages to play Europa league football doesn't seem as enticing. Unless, of course, Arsene is bloody good at FIFA 2015.

Would be nice, but I've never heard of such a clause. Ordinarily, they would be forced to accept all bids of £10m or over, so no bidding war.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Remy on 09:59 - Apr 15 with 1024 viewsGloucs_R

Remy on 05:43 - Apr 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Would be nice, but I've never heard of such a clause. Ordinarily, they would be forced to accept all bids of £10m or over, so no bidding war.

Now being linked with Athletico Madrid....

Remy on 10:23 - Apr 15 with 1007 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remy on 09:59 - Apr 15 by Gloucs_R

Now being linked with Athletico Madrid....

That's a surprise, even if it is only paper talk. Is he that good/reliable?

"and are tempted by the 27-year-old’s 10 million pound release clause."

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/104441/atletico-madrid-target-loic-remy-kee

Remy on 10:57 - Apr 15 with 963 viewsTheBlob

So a bundle of clubs all bid £10m - what happens then when the player says he's prepared to go anywhere?A salary bidding war?As I said before if there's a cap then it's a very poor bit of business.You're selling a much prized and sought after asset for virtually half price,would you do that with a house?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Remy on 10:58 - Apr 15 with 960 viewskensalriser

Presumably you've seen the agreement then?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Remy on 11:05 - Apr 15 with 949 viewsTheBlob

Never seen an auction like that before.I can understand a Reserve Price of £10m and when that's reached the Sale sign goes up and then it's a free for all....any monies after that go to the bidder?Something doesn't sound right.

Remy on 11:06 - Apr 15 with 948 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remy on 10:57 - Apr 15 by TheBlob

So a bundle of clubs all bid £10m - what happens then when the player says he's prepared to go anywhere?A salary bidding war?As I said before if there's a cap then it's a very poor bit of business.You're selling a much prized and sought after asset for virtually half price,would you do that with a house?

IF, and I mean if, that is the case, then yes that's what happens. That's m,y understanding of it anyway, Blob. Not good news for Rangers, if true.

In defence of Beard and Fernandes, though, I doubt that Remy would have signed without such a clause being inserted. Just being realistic.

Remy on 11:07 - Apr 15 with 944 viewspomanjou

Remy on 10:57 - Apr 15 by TheBlob

I thought it was a great bit of business signing him. A top class striker worth arguably £15/20m at the time, going to a knackered team at the bottom of the table for £8m? We got his services effectively for wages only. We get our money back on the buyout clause cap and he gets to trouser loads of dosh on the upside over the buyout clause. Nice bit of backscratching all round.

I would'nt say it was his fault that he didnt save us from going down.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Remy on 11:11 - Apr 15 with 933 viewsTheBlob

Remy on 11:06 - Apr 15 by BrianMcCarthy

IF, and I mean if, that is the case, then yes that's what happens. That's m,y understanding of it anyway, Blob. Not good news for Rangers, if true.

In defence of Beard and Fernandes, though, I doubt that Remy would have signed without such a clause being inserted. Just being realistic.

If that's an example of Tony's business acumen Brian then no wonder we're in debt.I'll bet Harry wouldn't have done it like that.I'm only arguing from the stand point of getting the best deal for our club and this one looks like a mugging,and I've never seen anyone volunteer for a mugging before.

Remy on 11:12 - Apr 15 with 931 viewsTheBlob

Remy on 11:07 - Apr 15 by pomanjou

I thought it was a great bit of business signing him. A top class striker worth arguably £15/20m at the time, going to a knackered team at the bottom of the table for £8m? We got his services effectively for wages only. We get our money back on the buyout clause cap and he gets to trouser loads of dosh on the upside over the buyout clause. Nice bit of backscratching all round.

I would'nt say it was his fault that he didnt save us from going down.

No it's not mate,it really isn't.Doesn't matter what you paid,you can't go into a deal saying yeah I've got a bit of profit ,it would be unfair to go for more - let someone else have the rest.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 11:14]

Remy on 11:24 - Apr 15 with 908 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Remy on 11:12 - Apr 15 by TheBlob

No it's not mate,it really isn't.Doesn't matter what you paid,you can't go into a deal saying yeah I've got a bit of profit ,it would be unfair to go for more - let someone else have the rest.

How about if that was the only reason he joined in the first place i.e. the £10m release clause enabled him to scoot off if we went down. Such a clause was probably part of the negotiations on the players side.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh?
Tony comes in for some stick but not sure it is valid in this case.
Remy on 11:30 - Apr 15 with 894 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remy on 11:11 - Apr 15 by TheBlob

If that's an example of Tony's business acumen Brian then no wonder we're in debt.I'll bet Harry wouldn't have done it like that.I'm only arguing from the stand point of getting the best deal for our club and this one looks like a mugging,and I've never seen anyone volunteer for a mugging before.

I see your point, Blob, of course.

I think Fernandes has squandered a shedload of money, but I would well believe that this was as good as anyone could've managed on this deal.

Remy on 11:34 - Apr 15 with 886 viewspomanjou

Remy on 11:12 - Apr 15 by TheBlob

Given all the circumstances there would not have been a deal without some sort of escape clause. The deal obviously favoured him because he held all the aces. He already had a deal with Newcastle that was 99% finalised and essentially we had to trump it. We then failed to hit our jackpot in that we did not stay up and as I said previously that was not Remy's fault.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Remy on 13:19 - Apr 15 with 847 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Remy on 11:34 - Apr 15 by pomanjou

Given all the circumstances there would not have been a deal without some sort of escape clause. The deal obviously favoured him because he held all the aces. He already had a deal with Newcastle that was 99% finalised and essentially we had to trump it. We then failed to hit our jackpot in that we did not stay up and as I said previously that was not Remy's fault.

Exactly this.
Remy on 18:33 - Apr 15 with 799 viewsRangersAreBack

I have. Given that none of us have seen the contract with our own eyes, all opinions expressed on this thread are pure conjecture. Terms can vary from contract to contract and just one word can change the entire context.

Incidentally, last year the clause was rumoured at £8million. All of a sudden it's £10million.
Remy on 21:18 - Apr 15 with 747 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remy on 18:33 - Apr 15 by RangersAreBack

I have. Given that none of us have seen the contract with our own eyes, all opinions expressed on this thread are pure conjecture. Terms can vary from contract to contract and just one word can change the entire context.

Incidentally, last year the clause was rumoured at £8million. All of a sudden it's £10million.

If you have, then fair enough.

As we've both said, this is all conjecture anyway. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of what a Minimum Fee Release Clause actually is.

Remy on 21:33 - Apr 15 with 720 viewsconnell10

newcastle have already paid us 2 million for letting us have him this season, so if we get 10 million from his next sale thats 12 million being as we paid 8 million for him thats 4 million profit which aint that bad for us being as it seems the player holds all the aces!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Remy on 21:19 - Apr 16 with 626 viewsSpiritofGregory

Remy on 21:33 - Apr 15 by connell10

newcastle have already paid us 2 million for letting us have him this season, so if we get 10 million from his next sale thats 12 million being as we paid 8 million for him thats 4 million profit which aint that bad for us being as it seems the player holds all the aces!

Terrible when the player is worth £30m+.
Remy on 21:23 - Apr 16 with 623 viewsGloucs_R

Remy on 21:19 - Apr 16 by SpiritofGregory

Terrible when the player is worth £30m+.

30m? Are you mad????

Remy on 22:30 - Apr 16 with 589 viewsKernowRanger

Remy on 01:53 - Apr 15 by RangersAreBack

Remy's release clause means that if a club offers that amount then their offer will automatically be accepted, so QPR have absolutely no say in where the player chooses to go. This means that any teams who want Remy will offer improved terms to the player to chose them, not the club.
Remy on 22:47 - Apr 16 with 571 viewsTearsOfaClown

of just 10m - please . . . is this madness - are you talking £ or metres?

Just 10m . . . I work very hard to earn my money - like most people.

So he kicked a ball around "for a short spell" at Loftus rd and we are sorry to see him go . . . go where? To rake in more money that people have sense? Is this what being a football fan means - are we now commodity trader experts?

Any one else feel this is madness?
Remy on 03:53 - Apr 17 with 524 viewsRangersAreBack

The whole thing is madness but in today's transfer market £10m is a bargain for a striker of Remy's quality.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2014 3:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024