Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? 11:49 - Apr 14 with 3514 viewsJonDoeman

Kevin Doyle is wanted by QPR as a permanent signing in the summer.
Boss Harry Redknapp revealed he wants the Wolves striker for next season after his earlier than anticipated recovery from a knee ligament injury.
Harry was originally told Doyle would be out for up to six weeks after the 2-0 win at Birmingham on March 8, but was pleasantly surprised at the forward’s anticipated return to training today.
The manager is now salivating at the thought of the Irish international linking up with Charlie Austin as early as the away game at Leicester on Saturday.
When asked about the chances of a permanent deal for Doyle, Harry replied: “Absolutely, definitely. We're looking to get him involved in the run-in and it will be a good bonus for us.
“It gives me an attacking option. I could play him with Charlie; they both work hard. He could also play wide for us as well.”
Doyle took a cut from his £40k-a-week wages at Wolves to make a loan move in January, and scored on his debut inside seven minutes against Burnley.
He then added a second for Rangers against Reading before getting crocked at St Andrews.
The 30-year-old has another year to run on his Wolves deal, but they are willing to let him go for a fraction of the £6.5m paid to Reading in 2009 that will help lighten the wage bill at Molineux.

It Is What It Is !!

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 13:45 - Apr 15 with 381 viewsClive_Anderson

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 22:36 - Apr 14 by daveB

not giving him a pass at all, as I say you could argue he's building a team for now and the future with the signings of Austin, Phillips, Yun, Donaldson etc. Would be a weak argument to be fair and not one I really want to make but he can point to those signings to say it's not all about short term.

For me I don't think the owners give a toss about him building a team for 3 years they want him to get promoted this year and if we don't they'll throw more money at Redknapp or someone else to get us up next year. I completely agree it's not an approach that we should be doing but it's what we are doing and it's the club philosophy which needs changing if it's ever going to be a sustainable football club

So we're basically agreed that the job that he's doing for whatever reason isn't a very good one.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 11:03 - Apr 16 with 312 viewsAustinHarris24

Wouldn't be the worst deal after all with Zamora and aj out of contract maiga and keane returning to their clubs (thank god) our only striker would be austin and he doesn't have any premier league experience which Doyle does so he wouldn't be a bad option to have but only if we get him for the right price

Poll: Who is better Barkley or wilshere

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024