Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? 11:49 - Apr 14 with 3515 viewsJonDoeman

Kevin Doyle is wanted by QPR as a permanent signing in the summer.
Boss Harry Redknapp revealed he wants the Wolves striker for next season after his earlier than anticipated recovery from a knee ligament injury.
Harry was originally told Doyle would be out for up to six weeks after the 2-0 win at Birmingham on March 8, but was pleasantly surprised at the forward’s anticipated return to training today.
The manager is now salivating at the thought of the Irish international linking up with Charlie Austin as early as the away game at Leicester on Saturday.
When asked about the chances of a permanent deal for Doyle, Harry replied: “Absolutely, definitely. We're looking to get him involved in the run-in and it will be a good bonus for us.
“It gives me an attacking option. I could play him with Charlie; they both work hard. He could also play wide for us as well.”
Doyle took a cut from his £40k-a-week wages at Wolves to make a loan move in January, and scored on his debut inside seven minutes against Burnley.
He then added a second for Rangers against Reading before getting crocked at St Andrews.
The 30-year-old has another year to run on his Wolves deal, but they are willing to let him go for a fraction of the £6.5m paid to Reading in 2009 that will help lighten the wage bill at Molineux.

It Is What It Is !!

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 11:50 - Apr 14 with 2178 viewsJonDoeman

Don't know why, I wouldn't want us to sign him.

It Is What It Is !!

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 11:58 - Apr 14 with 2145 viewspaulparker

The Thought of Arry salivating is not one I want to think about on a Monday morning

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 11:59 - Apr 14 with 2134 viewsjonno

He's a decent player who works hard. We don't have many of those.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:00 - Apr 14 with 2121 viewsJonDoeman

QPR boss Harry Redknapp has revealed that he wishes he had made a move for Bournemouth's Lewis Grabban in January. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11743/9253999/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-re

So do I wish he had, & he'd still be a better signing than Doyle for next season.

It Is What It Is !!

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:01 - Apr 14 with 2116 viewssimmo

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 11:59 - Apr 14 by jonno

This is true, although I am really put off by his lack of goals in League 1, a league someone like Hitchcock has no problem scoring in... I quite liked the endeavour from him when he came to us though and his work rate is to be admired. For the right price and wages I would be OK with bringing him in on a short deal, especially if we're still in this league, but I think there are much better options out there if we wanted them. Le Fondre for example.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2014 12:03]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:03 - Apr 14 with 2104 viewsJonDoeman

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 11:59 - Apr 14 by jonno

How about looking for a decent player who works hard, who also has room for improvement & then a resell value ?

It Is What It Is !!

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:07 - Apr 14 with 2074 viewstoboboly

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:00 - Apr 14 by JonDoeman

QPR boss Harry Redknapp has revealed that he wishes he had made a move for Bournemouth's Lewis Grabban in January. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11743/9253999/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-re

So do I wish he had, & he'd still be a better signing than Doyle for next season.

Why?

Grabban was crap everywhere until he played for Rotherham, in League Two. He then got goals at Bournemouth last season in League One and has done amazingly this season.

This smacks of the traditional QPR "well he done well against us, lets sign him". 'Arry wouldn't even have looked at him in January, why did we get Maiga when we could have put in a bid for him when he had half as many goals as he does now?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:08 - Apr 14 with 2066 viewsSpiritofGregory

Perhaps we should wait to see what division we are in next season? Harry might not even be at the club next season.

I certainly don't want Doyle if we are promoted.
Login to get fewer ads

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:09 - Apr 14 with 2066 viewssimmo

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:07 - Apr 14 by toboboly

Why?

Grabban was crap everywhere until he played for Rotherham, in League Two. He then got goals at Bournemouth last season in League One and has done amazingly this season.

This smacks of the traditional QPR "well he done well against us, lets sign him". 'Arry wouldn't even have looked at him in January, why did we get Maiga when we could have put in a bid for him when he had half as many goals as he does now?

Why?

'Grabban was crap everywhere until he played for Rotherham, in League Two. He then got goals at Bournemouth last season in League One and has done amazingly this season. '

You answered your own question.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:09 - Apr 14 with 2065 viewsLblock

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:01 - Apr 14 by simmo

This is true, although I am really put off by his lack of goals in League 1, a league someone like Hitchcock has no problem scoring in... I quite liked the endeavour from him when he came to us though and his work rate is to be admired. For the right price and wages I would be OK with bringing him in on a short deal, especially if we're still in this league, but I think there are much better options out there if we wanted them. Le Fondre for example.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2014 12:03]

I think a lot of Wolves fans may tell you Doyle either "wasnt up for it" or wasnt being used right by Jackett this season.

Well the two I know do anyway!

Always rated Doyle and it's pleasing to see he was keen enough, if true, to drop his mega dosh deal to join.
I do agree it again smacks at Jerky's laziness to taking something raw, coaching and making them a talent. Older finished article everytime for him, I mean Nahki Wells was playing at the same level wasnt he?!
This is however the man who apparently was going to ditch Gareth Bale as he needed a lot of work!!!

I'd not react badly to signing Doyle - I like him and he makes a decent cup of tea
"Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, GO ON!"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:09 - Apr 14 with 2062 viewsDiscodroid

Wont be popular but i'll be as chuffed as nigel farage about to let slip his tramps of war at a freegan hunting chase , to sign him on a permanent deal.

think him and austin would be a damn tasty front pairing. put the lotion in the basket. 'h'. make it so .

[Post edited 14 Apr 2014 12:11]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:10 - Apr 14 with 2053 viewsessextaxiboy

Why have all these rumours started ? Cole, Bent, Doyle and Grabban all in the last couple of days .

One or two busy agents .
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:11 - Apr 14 with 2045 viewstoboboly

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:09 - Apr 14 by simmo

Why?

'Grabban was crap everywhere until he played for Rotherham, in League Two. He then got goals at Bournemouth last season in League One and has done amazingly this season. '

You answered your own question.

But 'Arry doesn't even know there is a League One or Two.

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:31 - Apr 14 with 1960 viewsEalingRanger

If we're in the champ next season this would be a good signing. Not sure if Doyle would be up to it in the Prem next season.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:40 - Apr 14 with 1918 viewsdaveB

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:11 - Apr 14 by toboboly

But 'Arry doesn't even know there is a League One or Two.

Where did we sign Doyle from again?
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:43 - Apr 14 with 1900 viewsPunteR

He's not a £40,000 a week striker but at the right price i would take him.
He works hard and will score goals.
Wether he can still do it in the prem remains to be seen but then you could say that about Austin.
I just want a hard working team that will put 100% in.Austin and Doyle both fit that mould. We definitely need younger legs up front as well though.
Also I like the look of James Henry a goal scoring midfielder at wolves, can we do a buy one get one free.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:47 - Apr 14 with 1864 viewstoboboly

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:40 - Apr 14 by daveB

PL Wolves?

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:48 - Apr 14 with 1859 viewsJamie

Wolves, fresh off several years in the PL. 'Massive club. Should be in the PL. Will be hard...'
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:56 - Apr 14 with 1819 viewsparker64

He's done alright I think in the few games he's played. But can't help feel he's going to be one of those players who plays a few games and then gets injured. He's had a few knee problems in the past. We've just got too many players on the books like that already.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 13:01 - Apr 14 with 1796 viewsTonto

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:08 - Apr 14 by SpiritofGregory

Perhaps we should wait to see what division we are in next season? Harry might not even be at the club next season.

I certainly don't want Doyle if we are promoted.

agree with Spirit of Gregory - lets see which division we are in...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 13:02 - Apr 14 with 1791 viewsdaveB

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:47 - Apr 14 by toboboly

PL Wolves?

they are in league one now, well for a few more weeks anyway
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 13:41 - Apr 14 with 1656 viewsMatch82

"Doyle took a cut from his £40k-a-week wages at Wolves to make a loan move in January"

Player takes pay CUT to move to QPR? Blimey.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 13:45 - Apr 14 with 1641 viewsAntti_Heinola

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 13:02 - Apr 14 by daveB

they are in league one now, well for a few more weeks anyway

Are they dave? Thanks for keeping us updated!

I like Doyle but it's another regressive step to sign him. Was happy for him to come as emergency loan, but regardless of division i'd prefer younger and hungrier.

Bare bones.

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 13:56 - Apr 14 with 1606 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 13:45 - Apr 14 by Antti_Heinola

Are they dave? Thanks for keeping us updated!

I like Doyle but it's another regressive step to sign him. Was happy for him to come as emergency loan, but regardless of division i'd prefer younger and hungrier.

Haven't seen much of him these past few years but I tend to agree with you, Antti.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 14:00 - Apr 14 with 1572 viewsClive_Anderson

Hmmm not sure I buy the idea that Array has been trawling the lower leagues and noticed this Doyle chap.

Almost certainly he was interested due to memories of him playing in the Premier League.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024