Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? 11:49 - Apr 14 with 3516 viewsJonDoeman

Kevin Doyle is wanted by QPR as a permanent signing in the summer.
Boss Harry Redknapp revealed he wants the Wolves striker for next season after his earlier than anticipated recovery from a knee ligament injury.
Harry was originally told Doyle would be out for up to six weeks after the 2-0 win at Birmingham on March 8, but was pleasantly surprised at the forward’s anticipated return to training today.
The manager is now salivating at the thought of the Irish international linking up with Charlie Austin as early as the away game at Leicester on Saturday.
When asked about the chances of a permanent deal for Doyle, Harry replied: “Absolutely, definitely. We're looking to get him involved in the run-in and it will be a good bonus for us.
“It gives me an attacking option. I could play him with Charlie; they both work hard. He could also play wide for us as well.”
Doyle took a cut from his £40k-a-week wages at Wolves to make a loan move in January, and scored on his debut inside seven minutes against Burnley.
He then added a second for Rangers against Reading before getting crocked at St Andrews.
The 30-year-old has another year to run on his Wolves deal, but they are willing to let him go for a fraction of the £6.5m paid to Reading in 2009 that will help lighten the wage bill at Molineux.

It Is What It Is !!

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 14:05 - Apr 14 with 964 viewsTheBlob

His best years are behind him.Would rather have someone fresh and injury free like Britt Assombalonga who's almost single handedly got Posh into a playoff situation.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 14:14 - Apr 14 with 951 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'd happily have Doyle on a free (with much reduced wages) if Wolves are looking to get rid.

If there is a fee or wages over £15k a week then move along.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 14:51 - Apr 14 with 928 viewsdaveB

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 14:00 - Apr 14 by Clive_Anderson

Hmmm not sure I buy the idea that Array has been trawling the lower leagues and noticed this Doyle chap.

Almost certainly he was interested due to memories of him playing in the Premier League.

i very much doubt he was trawling the lower leagues, thats not what you hire Harry Redknapp for but he obviously knows those leagues exist.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 14:53 - Apr 14 with 922 viewsGloucs_R

I cant believe we are thinking about signing players when Harry is unlikely to be here next season.

But I would take Doyle, good alternative to Austin if he was injured again.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 15:11 - Apr 14 with 895 viewsdaveB

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 14:53 - Apr 14 by Gloucs_R

I cant believe we are thinking about signing players when Harry is unlikely to be here next season.

But I would take Doyle, good alternative to Austin if he was injured again.

this is the time of year you need to be putting in the work to get players signed for next season, if we wait until June we'll be well behind everyone else regardless of who the manager is. Personally I doubt Redknapp wants Doyle next season but is making the right noises to keep him motivated for a new deal.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 15:38 - Apr 14 with 865 viewsJonDoeman

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 15:11 - Apr 14 by daveB

this is the time of year you need to be putting in the work to get players signed for next season, if we wait until June we'll be well behind everyone else regardless of who the manager is. Personally I doubt Redknapp wants Doyle next season but is making the right noises to keep him motivated for a new deal.

Good shout Dave, that would be good management then!!

It Is What It Is !!

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 20:02 - Apr 14 with 789 viewsRuislipHoop

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:00 - Apr 14 by JonDoeman

QPR boss Harry Redknapp has revealed that he wishes he had made a move for Bournemouth's Lewis Grabban in January. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11743/9253999/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-re

So do I wish he had, & he'd still be a better signing than Doyle for next season.

Even if he had bought him he wouldn't of played him.He would of sat on the bench forv5 months.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 20:06 - Apr 14 with 783 viewsClive_Anderson

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 14:51 - Apr 14 by daveB

i very much doubt he was trawling the lower leagues, thats not what you hire Harry Redknapp for but he obviously knows those leagues exist.

What exactly do you hire Harry for then? Signing a load of old has beens that were good the last time he bothered watching football?
Login to get fewer ads

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 21:08 - Apr 14 with 746 viewsdaveB

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 20:06 - Apr 14 by Clive_Anderson

What exactly do you hire Harry for then? Signing a load of old has beens that were good the last time he bothered watching football?

he's able to attract high profile players which he has done since he's been here, some have worked some haven't. if you want to run a reduced budget and scout the lower leagues for talent then you don't hire Redknapp you go managers used to working under those circumstances who are good at it
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 21:19 - Apr 14 with 733 viewsHunterhoop

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 21:08 - Apr 14 by daveB

he's able to attract high profile players which he has done since he's been here, some have worked some haven't. if you want to run a reduced budget and scout the lower leagues for talent then you don't hire Redknapp you go managers used to working under those circumstances who are good at it

Whilst I agree that's his strength, Dave, he's got to be able to more than one default setting.

Matching your approach appropriately to the situation (and individual) is one of management's basic requirements in any field. You simply can't be stuck in one modus operandi regardless of the situation and environment. That is the basis of bad nanagement.

I actually think Redknapp could adapt his approach if he wanted. I just don't think he gives a sh*t so can't be arsed making the effort. He still gets paid anyway and his reputation in the media is protected....and he may be retiring soon.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 21:50 - Apr 14 with 703 viewsClive_Anderson

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 21:08 - Apr 14 by daveB

He's not just here to just "attract high profile players", he's also here to manage them into a decent team that justifies the extra cost which he has so far failed to do.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 21:51 - Apr 14 with 703 viewsdaveB

I think he has other strengths but at his age he's not looking for someone who will be good in 3 years time, he is looking for players who will do a job today. He's shown that with all the players he's signed from big names who wanted to work with him, he also signed the best forward and right winger from the championship last season who could go on to do well at a higher level, thats what you get with Redknapp and I know it's not everyones cup of tea but I think thats exactly what the owners want as well. A team for today and worry about tomorrow next week.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 21:53 - Apr 14 with 698 viewsClive_Anderson

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 21:51 - Apr 14 by daveB

I think he has other strengths but at his age he's not looking for someone who will be good in 3 years time, he is looking for players who will do a job today. He's shown that with all the players he's signed from big names who wanted to work with him, he also signed the best forward and right winger from the championship last season who could go on to do well at a higher level, thats what you get with Redknapp and I know it's not everyones cup of tea but I think thats exactly what the owners want as well. A team for today and worry about tomorrow next week.

"I think he has other strengths but at his age he's not looking for someone who will be good in 3 years time,"

Why not? He's here to manage the club not himself. Just because he might be retiring is no reason not to leave the next guy a decent team.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 21:53 - Apr 14 with 699 viewsdaveB

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 21:50 - Apr 14 by Clive_Anderson

He's not just here to just "attract high profile players", he's also here to manage them into a decent team that justifies the extra cost which he has so far failed to do.

Well he has made them a decent team. Not great granted but one of the better ones in this league which possibly doesn't say much for the league. Minimum expectation this season was playoffs and it looks like we have that now.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 22:06 - Apr 14 with 684 viewsClive_Anderson

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 21:53 - Apr 14 by daveB

Well he has made them a decent team. Not great granted but one of the better ones in this league which possibly doesn't say much for the league. Minimum expectation this season was playoffs and it looks like we have that now.

Had he been arsed he could have done a far better job. I'd say 99% of managers would have got to the play offs with the money spent.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 22:10 - Apr 14 with 676 viewsdaveB

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 21:53 - Apr 14 by Clive_Anderson

"I think he has other strengths but at his age he's not looking for someone who will be good in 3 years time,"

Why not? He's here to manage the club not himself. Just because he might be retiring is no reason not to leave the next guy a decent team.

well i agree he probably should be and you could argue he will leave some decent players with Austin and Phillips but he's a manager who works game to game not looking season to season. I'd prefer a different approach but the club seem to want things done this way otherwise they wouldn't have hired him. It's not as it no one knew about his style before we brought him in.

Every manager has a different style and are good at certain things and weak at others, for me you don't hire Redknapp if you want to build a team of players fro the lower leagues no more than you hire Martin Allen to bring in high profile players
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 22:15 - Apr 14 with 668 viewsdaveB

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 22:06 - Apr 14 by Clive_Anderson

Had he been arsed he could have done a far better job. I'd say 99% of managers would have got to the play offs with the money spent.

we've spent big before and got nowhere near, Leicester spent a fortune a few years back under Sven and got nowhere near, Forest and Wigan spent a fair bit last summer and are no better than us, it's not that easy imo. I don't think a top six finish is achieving above and beyond but it's not far off what many would have hoped for this season.

I don't think he's done a great job but we have a decent chance to achieving promotion still which is what he was asked to do.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 22:22 - Apr 14 with 662 viewsClive_Anderson

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 22:15 - Apr 14 by daveB

we've spent big before and got nowhere near, Leicester spent a fortune a few years back under Sven and got nowhere near, Forest and Wigan spent a fair bit last summer and are no better than us, it's not that easy imo. I don't think a top six finish is achieving above and beyond but it's not far off what many would have hoped for this season.

I don't think he's done a great job but we have a decent chance to achieving promotion still which is what he was asked to do.

There's spending big and there's spending what we have. What is it now £176m in debt before this season?

Gets rid of any players he's not seen before (Faurlin to Palermo for example), not bothering with any young players, signing some absolute dross for whatever money (Maiga suddenly comes to mind) and complete mismanagement of our best asset.

Apart from that he's been pretty good.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 22:25 - Apr 14 with 661 viewsClive_Anderson

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 22:10 - Apr 14 by daveB

well i agree he probably should be and you could argue he will leave some decent players with Austin and Phillips but he's a manager who works game to game not looking season to season. I'd prefer a different approach but the club seem to want things done this way otherwise they wouldn't have hired him. It's not as it no one knew about his style before we brought him in.

Every manager has a different style and are good at certain things and weak at others, for me you don't hire Redknapp if you want to build a team of players fro the lower leagues no more than you hire Martin Allen to bring in high profile players

I don't see why he should be given a pass for stuff even if the owners were aware of his behaviour. It's his job to build a team for now and also for the future at a reasonable cost and he's paid a fortune to do it.

Saying TF knows he can't be arsed with the future is no excuse for his failures.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 22:36 - Apr 14 with 653 viewsdaveB

not giving him a pass at all, as I say you could argue he's building a team for now and the future with the signings of Austin, Phillips, Yun, Donaldson etc. Would be a weak argument to be fair and not one I really want to make but he can point to those signings to say it's not all about short term.

For me I don't think the owners give a toss about him building a team for 3 years they want him to get promoted this year and if we don't they'll throw more money at Redknapp or someone else to get us up next year. I completely agree it's not an approach that we should be doing but it's what we are doing and it's the club philosophy which needs changing if it's ever going to be a sustainable football club
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 00:23 - Apr 15 with 616 viewsPunteR

Warnock did exactly the same as Rednapp bringing in players he new and worked with. Rednapps disadvantage is the expectation levels at the club are at an all time high.
I thought Doyle was a good loan signing and out of BZ ,Aj, Magoo and the lad from Manure i would keep Doyle.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 01:58 - Apr 15 with 600 viewsRangersAreBack

Don't see the point in any deals until we know which division we're playing in next season.
Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 04:15 - Apr 15 with 590 viewsPunteR

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 01:58 - Apr 15 by RangersAreBack

Don't see the point in any deals until we know which division we're playing in next season.

So basically what your saying we should get a premier league player if we get promoted or a championship player if we dont.
wasn't that our problem last time we went up.Why can't we get a player that suits our club and the squad that we've got. Build slower,prepare for relegation from the prem,so no big contracts,big wages.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 13:13]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:30 - Apr 15 with 545 viewsR_from_afar

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 13:41 - Apr 14 by Match82

"Doyle took a cut from his £40k-a-week wages at Wolves to make a loan move in January"

Player takes pay CUT to move to QPR? Blimey.

+1

That is astonishing, if actually rather positive news.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 13:35 - Apr 15 with 494 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Doyle's getting a permanent deal ? on 12:30 - Apr 15 by R_from_afar

+1

That is astonishing, if actually rather positive news.

RFA

Except that it can't be true. Doyle is guaranteed €40k per week, the only question is whether we covered it all for the length of his loan. If we didn't - that would be great news for us. But him moving on loan doesn't change the terms of his permanent contract, so he hardly took a cut personally.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024