Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it possible that the commentator was right? 14:01 - Apr 14 with 2762 viewstimcocking

Have QPR found our mojo again?
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 14:06 - Apr 14 with 2008 viewsToast_R

One Swallow does not make a summer.

If the defence carries on defending set peieces like they were doing on Saturday, QPR will need gallons on Mojo.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 14:11 - Apr 14 with 1991 viewsadhoc_qpr

The last 5 minutes gives me a bit of hope for the playoffs certainly.

And Yossi running into form and fitness, the return of Charlie and moments of class from Ravel should mean we actually carry an attacking threat for a change!
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 14:16 - Apr 14 with 1962 viewsEsgaroth

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 14:11 - Apr 14 by adhoc_qpr

The last 5 minutes gives me a bit of hope for the playoffs certainly.

And Yossi running into form and fitness, the return of Charlie and moments of class from Ravel should mean we actually carry an attacking threat for a change!

Given the fact we constantly over hit through balls to our forwards Wembley should actually suit us as it's a very slow pitch.

If we get to play there that is, I aint heard no fat lady yet.

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 14:19 - Apr 14 with 1952 viewsadhoc_qpr

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 14:16 - Apr 14 by Esgaroth

Given the fact we constantly over hit through balls to our forwards Wembley should actually suit us as it's a very slow pitch.

If we get to play there that is, I aint heard no fat lady yet.

Yeah i still wouldn't fancy us over 2 legs to beat anyone in form - that's a lot of corners to defend if nothing else...
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 14:38 - Apr 14 with 1917 viewsqueensparker

Forest were awful, so let's not go overboard. It's when we play anyone half decent that we'll find out.

Having Austin and Simpson back is massive though. Add Barton to that and the team's starting to come together again.

What's up with Phillips? Any chance of seeing him again this season?
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 14:50 - Apr 14 with 1876 viewsdaveB

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 14:19 - Apr 14 by adhoc_qpr

Yeah i still wouldn't fancy us over 2 legs to beat anyone in form - that's a lot of corners to defend if nothing else...

lucky that not many of the playoff teams are in form. Derby are as hit and miss as we are, Wigan have won just 1 in the last 6 now and you never know what you are getting with Reading or brighton
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 15:34 - Apr 14 with 1794 viewsSpiritofGregory

Need to sort out our defending from corners.

Watch the opposition try to get lots of corners against us.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 15:56 - Apr 14 with 1758 viewsdaveB

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 15:34 - Apr 14 by SpiritofGregory

if that's our only problem then we'll be ok as that is easily fixed
Login to get fewer ads

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:01 - Apr 14 with 1739 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 15:56 - Apr 14 by daveB

Easily fixed?

Hmmm, we'll wait and see. Even with two games a week they've had ample time to address it and they've failed miserably. Uttering the phrase "full backs on the posts" wouldn't take much time and we'd be a few points better off by now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:17 - Apr 14 with 1703 viewsdaveB

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:01 - Apr 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Easily fixed?

Hmmm, we'll wait and see. Even with two games a week they've had ample time to address it and they've failed miserably. Uttering the phrase "full backs on the posts" wouldn't take much time and we'd be a few points better off by now.

It would take hard work on the training ground but it's something that can be fixed quite easily if they take the time to work on it. Not sure it's as easy as having a full back on the post, all about movement in the box which we haven't coped with at all in the last few weeks. Onoura was dreadful at corners last weekend as was Simpson for just standing and watching men run off them and get free headers. It's the same with attacking ones as well
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:18 - Apr 14 with 1701 viewsToast_R

Our own corners have been really poor all season. We just have a massive blind spot where corners are concerned.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:37 - Apr 14 with 1656 views08olesen

Hopefully Arry plays dellatorre and Patrasso in these last few games because that Keane fella is useless and takes about a spot on the bench. its no coincidence that when Austin joined the side we are a much better attacking force all round, not just up top.

Patrasso coming off the bench at wembley when we are 3-0 up by 80 mins.......if only!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:39 - Apr 14 with 1650 viewsPinnerPaul

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 14:50 - Apr 14 by daveB

lucky that not many of the playoff teams are in form. Derby are as hit and miss as we are, Wigan have won just 1 in the last 6 now and you never know what you are getting with Reading or brighton

Exactly Dave, as I pointed out on Friday, only Bournemouth are really flying.......oh hang on they couldn't beat Yeovil on Sat!

Fans see dangers everywhere, but fact is we will go into play offs as joint favourites at least with Derby.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:40 - Apr 14 with 1644 viewsPinnerPaul

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 15:34 - Apr 14 by SpiritofGregory

I think most teams go for that thing with a net on as a priority!
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:41 - Apr 14 with 1641 viewsPinnerPaul

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:17 - Apr 14 by daveB

It would take hard work on the training ground but it's something that can be fixed quite easily if they take the time to work on it. Not sure it's as easy as having a full back on the post, all about movement in the box which we haven't coped with at all in the last few weeks. Onoura was dreadful at corners last weekend as was Simpson for just standing and watching men run off them and get free headers. It's the same with attacking ones as well

Indeed - would have taken a hell of a full back to stop Forest's second!
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:51 - Apr 14 with 1620 viewsessextaxiboy

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:41 - Apr 14 by PinnerPaul

Indeed - would have taken a hell of a full back to stop Forest's second!

It would have stopped the first one .
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 17:01 - Apr 14 with 1597 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:17 - Apr 14 by daveB

I agree there are a few things going wrong, but the first one is basic - full backs on the posts.

And we're only talking about a couple of sessions. This problem is going on a shaggin' month. Like you, I think it should be easy to fix, but it hasn't been for ages now which leads me to think that Redknapp's coaching staff are as clueless in this basic aspect of the game as Hughes's were.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. May even try voodoo.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 17:10 - Apr 14 with 1579 viewsMatch82

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 17:01 - Apr 14 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree there are a few things going wrong, but the first one is basic - full backs on the posts.

And we're only talking about a couple of sessions. This problem is going on a shaggin' month. Like you, I think it should be easy to fix, but it hasn't been for ages now which leads me to think that Redknapp's coaching staff are as clueless in this basic aspect of the game as Hughes's were.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. May even try voodoo.

Defending corneres has been an issue since Hughes.

Seemed to get a little better when McLaren was involved in training, but back to square one again now. Shocking really when you consider the likes of Hill and Dunne would be near the top of the list of players you'd expect to be able to organise a defence at set pieces.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 18:18 - Apr 14 with 1453 viewsstansleftfoot

What exactly is the QPR 'Mojo'
Our form to get to the top of the table was very few goals against and one goal for until Xmas and well over two points a game.
Our form after Xmas was some goals for and some against. Just over a point a game.
One win, probably, takes us into the play-offs. Which form or mojo do we take with us, neither is quite good enough. We havn't beaten any of our competitors so far.
Improvements are still needed all round, defensively and in attack...mojo, what Mojo! We need more than Harry and his side have given us so far IMO! It's not over yet tho' !
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 01:57 - Apr 15 with 1258 viewstimcocking

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 18:18 - Apr 14 by stansleftfoot

Our form to get to the top of the table was very few goals against and one goal for until Xmas and well over two points a game.
Our form after Xmas was some goals for and some against. Just over a point a game.
One win, probably, takes us into the play-offs. Which form or mojo do we take with us, neither is quite good enough. We havn't beaten any of our competitors so far.
Improvements are still needed all round, defensively and in attack...mojo, what Mojo! We need more than Harry and his side have given us so far IMO! It's not over yet tho' !

The 'QPR mojo' is on the rare occasion when the team gets a head of steam up and the Loftus Road crowd becomes something capable of stretching the space/time continuum to suck the ball in the net. When it's like that, we never lose...
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 02:05 - Apr 15 with 1252 viewsRangersAreBack

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 15:56 - Apr 14 by daveB

Really? Is that why we've been conceding regularly from corners since the beginning of February? Derby, Reading, Charlton, Brighton, Blackpool, Bournemouth, Forest (twice) - 7 out of the last 14 matches. I'd say work is needed on the training ground.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 05:06 - Apr 15 with 1224 viewsdolcelatte

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 18:18 - Apr 14 by stansleftfoot

Must have imagined wins against Derby and Wigan then.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 07:38 - Apr 15 with 1168 viewsdaveB

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 02:05 - Apr 15 by RangersAreBack

Really? Is that why we've been conceding regularly from corners since the beginning of February? Derby, Reading, Charlton, Brighton, Blackpool, Bournemouth, Forest (twice) - 7 out of the last 14 matches. I'd say work is needed on the training ground.

well yeah of course work is needed but thats all it will take to fix the problem
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 08:22 - Apr 15 with 1108 viewsHunterhoop

In answer to the OP, hopefully, but probably not.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 08:23 - Apr 15 with 1109 viewsBluce_Ree

Mojo? Doubt it. We were terrible for much of the game.

Couldn't string together any passes for big periods of the match. The five goals flattered us big time and Forest were poo.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024