Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it possible that the commentator was right? 14:01 - Apr 14 with 2761 viewstimcocking

Have QPR found our mojo again?
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 08:26 - Apr 15 with 722 viewsLoft1979

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 07:38 - Apr 15 by daveB

well yeah of course work is needed but thats all it will take to fix the problem

Feb?
I would say that has been a weakness for years.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 08:36 - Apr 15 with 707 viewsdoogi55

you are all so tacticly aware on here did any off you notice that we left 3 up for most corners we needed to win.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 09:17 - Apr 15 with 676 viewstimcocking

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 08:23 - Apr 15 by Bluce_Ree

Mojo? Doubt it. We were terrible for much of the game.

Couldn't string together any passes for big periods of the match. The five goals flattered us big time and Forest were poo.

Yes - but that's all it takes! Think back to Liverpool 0-2, on comes Jamie Mackie, QPR probably 10,000-1 to not be relegated. 5 straight home wins later...

If everybody at Loftus road believes we'll win, then we'll win.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 09:22 - Apr 15 with 668 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 09:17 - Apr 15 by timcocking

Yes - but that's all it takes! Think back to Liverpool 0-2, on comes Jamie Mackie, QPR probably 10,000-1 to not be relegated. 5 straight home wins later...

If everybody at Loftus road believes we'll win, then we'll win.

"If everybody at Loftus road believes we'll win, then we'll win."

Excellent. After that, can we get everybody at Loftus Road to believe that we're all sex gods?

Next game, lotto winners?

This is incredible news. Can I gt rid of my caffeine allergy? I miss chocolate.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 09:28 - Apr 15 with 657 viewstimcocking

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 09:22 - Apr 15 by BrianMcCarthy

"If everybody at Loftus road believes we'll win, then we'll win."

Excellent. After that, can we get everybody at Loftus Road to believe that we're all sex gods?

Next game, lotto winners?

This is incredible news. Can I gt rid of my caffeine allergy? I miss chocolate.

You have a caffeine allergy? That's unfortunate. i'd find that difficult.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 09:39 - Apr 15 with 648 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 09:28 - Apr 15 by timcocking

You have a caffeine allergy? That's unfortunate. i'd find that difficult.

It's a pain in the hoop.

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 09:39 - Apr 15 with 648 viewskensalriser

We just won a game against very out of form opposition. That's all.
Results have a huge effect on the perception of how well or badly we've played, but renmove that bias and as far as I can see we've played much the same way all season.

With a few exceptions (Burnley, Forest away, one or two others) we've been marginally better than the opposition and when we've had players (ie Austin) who can score it's made the difference. Only two or three times have we comprehensively outplayed the opposition and that hasn't happened for a while.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 11:42 - Apr 15 with 604 viewsPhilmyRs

Our set piece defending, and the potential for opposition teams to target it is being underplayed in my view.

If you assume that the starting 11 on Saturday, with the exception of Barton for Jenas and Hill for Onouha, will be what starts in the play-offs, I would class only 3 of that team as decent in the air — Hill, Dunne and Austin. Everyone else that will be on the pitch are below 6 foot and not particularly strong at heading. If like me you also worry about Green on crosses/corners, then this is potentially a serious problem. Morrison, Yossi, Hoillet, LTC, not all of them can stay outside the mixer, they’re going to have to be brave, pick up a man and win some key headers, when in reality I’d fancy my chances of beating them in a 50/50 aerial battle. LTC would make my starting 11 as I can see the positive impact he has on our play, but at the same time I can see the arguments for getting Henry in the side, if only to add some height to the team. Catch 22, go for the best Footballing team but risk an aerial bombardment from set-pieces, or firm up our set piece defending but lose some of our attacking impetus.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 12:03 - Apr 15 with 588 viewsdaveB

all depends who we play really, if we are up against a team of giants then obviously it's a concern but still think with hard work and organisation we should be able to cope
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 12:04 - Apr 15 with 587 viewsW7Ranger

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 09:39 - Apr 15 by kensalriser

We just won a game against very out of form opposition. That's all.
Results have a huge effect on the perception of how well or badly we've played, but renmove that bias and as far as I can see we've played much the same way all season.

With a few exceptions (Burnley, Forest away, one or two others) we've been marginally better than the opposition and when we've had players (ie Austin) who can score it's made the difference. Only two or three times have we comprehensively outplayed the opposition and that hasn't happened for a while.

We can only play the team in front of us though. And it's the first time we've scored 5 goals in 5 years! (Home to Barnsely in a 5-2 if I recall).

Key players coming back at the right time along with players hitting form eg. Yossi, Morrison and even BZ.

A win like this will be a huge confidence booster!

Yes we need to work on our set pieces, and I suspect that's what the Training sessions will be focusing on a lot over the next few weeks.

Not getting carried away, just feeling a bit more confident.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 12:19 - Apr 15 with 573 viewsJigsore

We only really have two (major problems)

1) we don't have any gears. We seem to just play in gear 2 the whole time. When we need to be chasing games like at 10 man Bournemouth we just have the seem snail pace build up and dicking around we always do

2) We're AWFUL at the dead ball situations. Attacking and defending. Failing to defend corners is one thing but the way we attack makess my blood boil. Bring our knackered CBs up from the back so we can make a short pass and lose it without even swinging a ball in. Maddening!!!

we'd be such a tighter unit if we could do that

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 12:29 - Apr 15 with 555 viewsPhilmyRs

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 12:03 - Apr 15 by daveB

all depends who we play really, if we are up against a team of giants then obviously it's a concern but still think with hard work and organisation we should be able to cope

Hard work and organisation is one thing, teaching 5ft nothing players that have never been able to head a ball to suddenly win key aerial battles is another.

Our Championship winning team had Clint Hill left back, Faurlin and Derry in the middle of the park and Kyle Walker at right back. All of them are significantly better (in the air) than what we have playing in those positions now. It doesn’t have to take a team of giants to cause us problems at set pieces, you just need to work out a way to block off Hill or Dunne, whip a ball into the danger zone, and it’s fill your boots time.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 14:01 - Apr 15 with 505 viewsMatch82

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 12:29 - Apr 15 by PhilmyRs

Hard work and organisation is one thing, teaching 5ft nothing players that have never been able to head a ball to suddenly win key aerial battles is another.

Our Championship winning team had Clint Hill left back, Faurlin and Derry in the middle of the park and Kyle Walker at right back. All of them are significantly better (in the air) than what we have playing in those positions now. It doesn’t have to take a team of giants to cause us problems at set pieces, you just need to work out a way to block off Hill or Dunne, whip a ball into the danger zone, and it’s fill your boots time.

How do Barcelona deal with corners?
They've got a team full of short players, they must have some kind of strategy.
I realize that the opposition rarely have the ball, but they still have top defend them occasionally...
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 15:24 - Apr 15 with 464 viewsAntti_Heinola

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 12:03 - Apr 15 by daveB

while of course height plays a part, heading is as much about technique and timing as anything else. Makes me laugh when some commentators or pundits say someone should be 'better' in the air because of his height - it's a bit like, although not exactly like, saying someone should be better at kicking a football if he has big feet.
Seems a strange time of the season to suddenly, or reasonably suddenly, be needing to do hard work on the training ground to sort out relatively simple issues like defending corners.

Bare bones.

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 15:27 - Apr 15 with 461 viewstimcocking

If we score five every week, we don't need to bother practicing corners anyway...
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 15:30 - Apr 15 with 461 viewsPinnerPaul

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 15:24 - Apr 15 by Antti_Heinola

while of course height plays a part, heading is as much about technique and timing as anything else. Makes me laugh when some commentators or pundits say someone should be 'better' in the air because of his height - it's a bit like, although not exactly like, saying someone should be better at kicking a football if he has big feet.
Seems a strange time of the season to suddenly, or reasonably suddenly, be needing to do hard work on the training ground to sort out relatively simple issues like defending corners.

Happens to the best - Kompany and Man City on Sunday for example, so time to escape the QPR bubble - yes other teams DO concede from corners!
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:37 - Apr 15 with 441 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 15:30 - Apr 15 by PinnerPaul

Happens to the best - Kompany and Man City on Sunday for example, so time to escape the QPR bubble - yes other teams DO concede from corners!

Not when they're playing us they don't!

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:41 - Apr 15 with 438 viewsPinnerPaul

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:37 - Apr 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Not when they're playing us they don't!

Fair point, although I'm sure we have scored from the odd corner!

Anyway I think it must be a positive to score 5 goals from open lay with 5 different scorers.

At the weekend I did notice that we were not the only team that couldn't seem to get the ball past the first man.

Does seem incredible that professionals can't seem to do be able to do that 9/10 but its certainly the case that the ball often seems to fall short of the middle of the penalty area.
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:43 - Apr 15 with 433 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:41 - Apr 15 by PinnerPaul

Fair point, although I'm sure we have scored from the odd corner!

Anyway I think it must be a positive to score 5 goals from open lay with 5 different scorers.

At the weekend I did notice that we were not the only team that couldn't seem to get the ball past the first man.

Does seem incredible that professionals can't seem to do be able to do that 9/10 but its certainly the case that the ball often seems to fall short of the middle of the penalty area.

Ya, I'm only messing. Saturday was a break from the gloom, and I'm determined to stay upbeat.

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:54 - Apr 15 with 425 viewsPinnerPaul

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 16:43 - Apr 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, I'm only messing. Saturday was a break from the gloom, and I'm determined to stay upbeat.

Me too - until we concede 5 to Leicester!

Draw and 3 wins would be a nice way to finish, but football isn' that easy as we know!
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 18:13 - Apr 15 with 395 viewskensalriser

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 15:30 - Apr 15 by PinnerPaul

What evidence do you have for this?

Everyone know other teams don't concede from corners, just like no other team ever has injury problems.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 18:56 - Apr 15 with 386 viewsLoft1979

Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 14:01 - Apr 15 by Match82

How do Barcelona deal with corners?
They've got a team full of short players, they must have some kind of strategy.
I realize that the opposition rarely have the ball, but they still have top defend them occasionally...

Priceless
Is it possible that the commentator was right? on 21:52 - Apr 15 with 329 viewsDesertBoot

Grandstand finish to the game but we were minutes away from drawing with a mediocre team.
On the plus it showed what can be achieved with a real hunger and desire - sparked by Bobby.

Wish I could be like David Watts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024