Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Manager of the Season? 16:45 - Apr 15 with 3098 viewsToast_R

Mine is someone I’ve never really liked or rated before but sometimes seeing them work at another club does give you a fresh perspective of their ability.

This season I take my hat off to Tony Pullis. The work he’s done, the big old mess he Inherited from his predecessors breakdown and Tom Foolery in the summer transfer window and putting his personal record on the line for what looked an impossible job at a club that have never survived a Premiership campaign I think he deserves it. Most predicted they’d be back in the Championship in all but fixtures by March the latest but he’s turned them around in no time at all, won the key games and then some. Not once have they suffered a humiliating score line either. A football man who has done his ground work in all divisions and knows a game plan when he sees one. One hell of an achievement for him.

Would he or someone like him have kept QPR up last season given the chance?
Your Manager of the Season? on 09:05 - Apr 16 with 823 viewsPinnerPaul

Your Manager of the Season? on 18:03 - Apr 15 by johann28

Steve McClaren

???????

Ahead of Pearson and Dyche?
Your Manager of the Season? on 09:56 - Apr 16 with 799 viewsbob566

if liverpool win it then it has to be rodgers.

Pullis and Dyche have worked wonders as Bruce.

Rosler has had a good first season. Contending in all cups and europa leagues and having a team in playoff picture is pretty good.

Also the lad at wednesday (stuart gray) He inherited an absolute disaster from Dave Jones and has them midtable almost.

Whilst McClaren has turned derby around I can't help feeling that Clough had the team already in place and something was just slightly amiss.
Your Manager of the Season? on 10:09 - Apr 16 with 793 viewsrobith

So many contenders

Pulis - as discussed Palace were absolutely buried, nothing short of remarkable

Bruce - FA Cup final, been in no trouble all season

Dyche - absolutely incredible to be almost promoted with the budget and limitations. For my money the best team we played all year

Martinez - kicked Everton on playing some absolutely wonderful stuff. Their demolition of Arsenal the other week was joyous
Your Manager of the Season? on 12:40 - Apr 16 with 760 viewsDevonWhite

You could make decent arguments for any of Pulis, Rodgers, Bruce and Martinez in the PL. I'd go Pulis but it'll be Rodgers. Championship has to be Dyche.
Your Manager of the Season? on 18:09 - May 11 with 659 viewsstevec

Mark Hughes anyone ?
Your Manager of the Season? on 18:17 - May 11 with 650 viewsjohann28

Your Manager of the Season? on 09:05 - Apr 16 by PinnerPaul

???????

Ahead of Pearson and Dyche?

Wasn't meant entirely seriously - just the effects on a certain team when we was there and when he wasn't; it seems in retrospect to have been a season-changing moment
Your Manager of the Season? on 18:34 - May 11 with 637 viewsdaveB

Pullis or Gus Poyet for me, both took over lost causes and did a superb job
Your Manager of the Season? on 18:38 - May 11 with 628 viewsMarshy

Like most people I was never a fan before, but it's got to be Pulis. The turnaround at Palace is quite remarkable.
Login to get fewer ads

Your Manager of the Season? on 18:47 - May 11 with 619 viewsNorthernr

Overall Pulis, followed by Steve Bruce. I watched that Hull City team at Huddersfield at the end of last season and thought they were fcking awful. To keep them in the Premier League and get to the cup final is astonishing to me. And they've made signings like Huddlestone, Long and Jelavic which should consolidate them up there for a while. Poyet, Martinez, Rodgers decent as well. I like Pellgrini but I'd fancy myself with last season's Manchester City team plus another £100m worth of players.

In our league it's Dyche by a thousand country miles. Eddie Howe second and McClaren third.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Your Manager of the Season? on 19:33 - May 11 with 578 viewsJuzzie

Poyet has done a great job but it should be decided over a full season not half and Sunderland were still as good as down with 5 games to go so Poyet shouldn't get a season's award based on 5 games.
Your Manager of the Season? on 22:48 - May 11 with 547 viewsBromleyHoop

Your Manager of the Season? on 18:47 - Apr 15 by queensparker

Could Pullis have kept us up last season? Puts our fairly tame capitulation into perspective really

Pulis by a long chalk.

In my opinion no one would have kept us up last season. We were a car crash of a club. Redknapp has done a good job of getting shot of some overpaid rubbish, steadying the ship and making QPR resemble a normal football club for the first time since we got promoted.

As an aside, and I'm gonna put my tin hat on here, but Hughes has done a good job at Stoke. They've had a really good season and haven't broke the bank at all to do it. I think Hughes would admit privately that he got things wrong at QPR but this season has massively restored his reputation.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Your Manager of the Season? on 10:55 - May 12 with 498 viewssmegma

Pulis for all the reasons previously stated. Poyet a close second.
Your Manager of the Season? on 10:59 - May 12 with 495 viewsbob566

Your Manager of the Season? on 18:47 - May 11 by Northernr

Overall Pulis, followed by Steve Bruce. I watched that Hull City team at Huddersfield at the end of last season and thought they were fcking awful. To keep them in the Premier League and get to the cup final is astonishing to me. And they've made signings like Huddlestone, Long and Jelavic which should consolidate them up there for a while. Poyet, Martinez, Rodgers decent as well. I like Pellgrini but I'd fancy myself with last season's Manchester City team plus another £100m worth of players.

In our league it's Dyche by a thousand country miles. Eddie Howe second and McClaren third.

This post has been edited by an administrator

anybody for Mick McCarthy?

almost got ipswich to playoffs from near the bottom.
Your Manager of the Season? on 11:06 - May 12 with 491 viewsdanehoop

Your Manager of the Season? on 10:59 - May 12 by bob566

anybody for Mick McCarthy?

almost got ipswich to playoffs from near the bottom.

No.

Never knowingly understood

Your Manager of the Season? on 12:53 - May 12 with 474 viewsJamie

Pellegrini.

In 363 days has turned City from a total circus dominated by Wigan at Wembley, to winning a domestic double, scoring 102 league goals in his first season in England and despite being without his best player Aguero for most of the season.

Spent big money on Fernandinho and been repaid every penny, totally revitalised Yaya Toure who was arguably POTY, chipping in 20 goals from midfield and will push them on further next season.

Honourable mention to Pulis who has done a great job at Palace.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024