Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Manager of the Season? 16:45 - Apr 15 with 3103 viewsToast_R

Mine is someone I’ve never really liked or rated before but sometimes seeing them work at another club does give you a fresh perspective of their ability.

This season I take my hat off to Tony Pullis. The work he’s done, the big old mess he Inherited from his predecessors breakdown and Tom Foolery in the summer transfer window and putting his personal record on the line for what looked an impossible job at a club that have never survived a Premiership campaign I think he deserves it. Most predicted they’d be back in the Championship in all but fixtures by March the latest but he’s turned them around in no time at all, won the key games and then some. Not once have they suffered a humiliating score line either. A football man who has done his ground work in all divisions and knows a game plan when he sees one. One hell of an achievement for him.

Would he or someone like him have kept QPR up last season given the chance?
Your Manager of the Season? on 16:50 - Apr 15 with 2284 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What has the football been like at Palace under him? I haven't seen them play.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Your Manager of the Season? on 16:56 - Apr 15 with 2261 viewsLblock

Always disliked Pulis due to his former club and their tactics

This season however I would make him MoS or maybe Brendan Rogers (who will win it especially if the mickeys win the title combined with other current emotions)
What endeared TP was his open criticsm of his players diving earlier this season plus his candid admission at Swansea that he got his tactics all wrong and changed at halftime plus apologised to the fans and players. Other Managers could take note i feel

In the Championship its GOT to be Dyche

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Your Manager of the Season? on 16:59 - Apr 15 with 2247 viewsPinnerPaul

Your Manager of the Season? on 16:50 - Apr 15 by BrianMcCarthy

What has the football been like at Palace under him? I haven't seen them play.

They've conceded less goals than Liverpool ! but still have a -15 GD.

To be fair that's really how we stayed up - grinding out the 1-0 wins.

Blackpool nearly did it the other way - trying to out score the oppo but the way they have done it is the sensible option.

Although I have never liked the bloke, he HAS done a great job, which sadly Ollie didn't!
Your Manager of the Season? on 17:00 - Apr 15 with 2237 viewsMonahoop

Agree with your choice of Pulis. I've never disliked him. I see him as a good old fashioned 'roll your sleeves up and get on with it type manager'. His style may be dull to some, but he has proved to get the best out of poor to average sides. Palace would be long dead and buried by now in the Prem if Holloway was still there, a manager sadly wanting at top level.
My choice though would go to Martinez at Everton. Took Wigan as far as he could, kept them in the top flight longer than many expected, won them an FA Cup and could be on the brink of taking the Toffees to a Champions League place. Plus he's no drama queen or media attention seeker like some.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Your Manager of the Season? on 17:01 - Apr 15 with 2232 viewsMrSheen

Bit dull this year as we've only had one manager. Normally much more competitive.
Your Manager of the Season? on 17:09 - Apr 15 with 2216 viewssimmo

Asked this same question yesterday. Plenty of candidates this year

Pulis as mentioned has surpassed all expectations, definitely done the best job and made all the more impressive as he has done it in such a short time.

Bruce - Comfortable premier league safety amidst a backdrop of mentalist ownership as well as an FA Cup final, brilliant

Martinez - Handling the move from pragmatic football under a manager that had overseen things for so many years, as well as selling one of their best players - introducing a more attractive style, bringing younger players through, turning Naismith into someone that looks like h can actually be a premier league player. He has shown what a brilliant manager he is since joining Everton, he would be my choice for QPR if we were in dreamland.

Mine though would have to be Rodgers. I appreciate its the obvious choice and he has had a few years to build but to have this Liverpool team so close to a title, playing brilliant attacking football, is incredible. He's handled his star striker being banned, given Gerrard a whole new life in a quarterback/libero type role and considerably improved young players through good coaching. Look at how much better Henderson and Flanagan are this year, and to take Sterling out pre xmas and manage his transition back into the starting line up - he looks so fresh and confident.

Honourable mentions to John Still and Alan Knill, both have been amazing for Luton and Scunny respectively.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Your Manager of the Season? on 17:10 - Apr 15 with 2215 viewspaulparker

Defo Pullis , Palace were dead and buried by the time he took over

he had a front 2 of chamakh & Jerome , Delaney & Gabbidon as CB'S
He has transformed Puncheon into a decent player
what makes it all the more galling is that Bagpuss should have been doing these things and he had a much better squad than pullis and a bigger transfer budget

also Martinez deserves a mention, plays good football, buys well and has taken Everton on a different level to Moyes
shame Uncle tone never got him in instead of Hughes, now there was a manager you would have trusted a transfer kitty with and build up your club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Your Manager of the Season? on 17:20 - Apr 15 with 2190 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Pulis is a good shout.

Palace were ten to one ON to go down in January!
Login to get fewer ads

Your Manager of the Season? on 17:43 - Apr 15 with 2151 viewsStanisgod

Your Manager of the Season? on 17:20 - Apr 15 by CroydonCaptJack

Pulis is a good shout.

Palace were ten to one ON to go down in January!

Pullis, never thought I would ever write that, Martinez second, Rodgers third.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Your Manager of the Season? on 18:03 - Apr 15 with 2106 viewsjohann28

Steve McClaren
Your Manager of the Season? on 18:04 - Apr 15 with 2103 viewsGloucs_R

Moyes. He spent years trying to get Everton to finish above Utd and this season he finally achieves it.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Your Manager of the Season? on 18:06 - Apr 15 with 2098 viewsJuzzie

Pullis is like Warnock, you slag him off when he's the opposition Manager but glad to have him at your club (as long as he's succesful of course!).
Your Manager of the Season? on 18:10 - Apr 15 with 2088 viewsQPR1882

Either Nigel Pearson or Martinez
Your Manager of the Season? on 18:47 - Apr 15 with 2049 viewsqueensparker

Could Pullis have kept us up last season? Puts our fairly tame capitulation into perspective really
Your Manager of the Season? on 19:39 - Apr 15 with 1988 viewsMedwayR

Steve Bruce for me, Hull haven't been in much danger all season & look set for a mid-table finish as well as an FA Cup Final, that's a great season even more so given that he's handled the Hull Tigers situation very well.

Rodgers has been helped by not having to worry about European football but the football Liverpool have played has been superb, I thought for a while they'd end up like Newcastle under Keegan, great going forward but unable to defend but they've not run out of steam like Newcastle did.

Martinez & Everton have also been fantastic this season and as mentioned Pulis has done a great job with Palace. Pochettino has done well with Southampton too.

Championship it has to be Dyche. Rosler has also been good with Wigan and Brentford.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 19:41]

Poll: Who’s better?

Your Manager of the Season? on 19:53 - Apr 15 with 1961 viewskensalriser

Pulis deserves a Knightfood for keeping Palace up, a monumental achievement. Imagine the meltdown here if we'd had Gabbidon, Delaney and Puncheon in the team.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Your Manager of the Season? on 20:09 - Apr 15 with 1930 viewsTacticalR

Your Manager of the Season? on 19:53 - Apr 15 by kensalriser

Pulis deserves a Knightfood for keeping Palace up, a monumental achievement. Imagine the meltdown here if we'd had Gabbidon, Delaney and Puncheon in the team.

Anyone who can get Delaney playing well deserves a sainthood.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 20:12]

Air hostess clique

Your Manager of the Season? on 20:23 - Apr 15 with 1898 viewsdolcelatte

Pullis by a country mile. Holloway again showed his limitations at the top level and he took over when they seemed well and truly dead and buried. Cap doffed.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Your Manager of the Season? on 20:54 - Apr 15 with 1844 viewsPunteR

Brendan Rodgers.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Your Manager of the Season? on 21:34 - Apr 15 with 1794 viewsloftboy

Your Manager of the Season? on 20:54 - Apr 15 by PunteR

Brendan Rodgers.

Surprised no one mentioned Dyche, Burnley was many people tip for relegation this year.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Your Manager of the Season? on 21:44 - Apr 15 with 1771 viewsSpiritofGregory

Got to be Pulis.

For keeping that ramshackle, tinpot club on a shoestring in the Premier League.
Your Manager of the Season? on 22:11 - Apr 15 with 1741 viewsKiwi76

No one bigging up Sparky?!
Beautiful flowing football and fringes of europe qualification.
Your Manager of the Season? on 22:16 - Apr 15 with 1729 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Haven't watched much Premier League, but Dyche has done a great job at Burnley.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Your Manager of the Season? on 22:41 - Apr 15 with 1703 viewsPunteR

Your Manager of the Season? on 22:16 - Apr 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Haven't watched much Premier League, but Dyche has done a great job at Burnley.

Dyche has done a good job as has Nigel Pearson.
Pulis also.
No disrespect to Burnley,Leicester and crystal palace but Liverpool is a massive job and Rodgers has taken it all in his stride. Playing good football,bringing in youth, managing ego's and taking on the big boys, city,Chelsea,Arsenal etc and maybe winning the premier league for the first time in 20years. The England manager couldn't do the job or even Liverpool's hero Dagleish failed,so for me its Rodgers. Even if they get 2nd place.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Your Manager of the Season? on 04:13 - Apr 16 with 1622 viewsDylanP

Harry Rednapp

Everyone thought QPR would be a mess after they were relegated and that they would be financially ruined because of the big price signings of successive management teams. Instead Harry managed to farm out most of the truly big money players and bring in a group of lower price replacements. With very little time to gel, the new line up has staying in the top 4 for the entire season.

Manager of the season.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024