Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Town 22:16 - Apr 15 with 14669 viewsYorkRanger

At last they can move on from the terrible wrong that was inflicted on their club.

Many on here hate them. Personally I have no strong feelings either way, but they deserve to be back where they rightfully belong.
Luton Town on 16:20 - Apr 16 with 2397 viewsE17hoop

Treated unfairly?

They couldn't agree a CVA, hadn't committed to paying anyone anything and were allowed to play on condition they were penalised 30 points. They didn't have to accept a 30 point penalty; they chose to accept it so they could continue as a club.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Luton Town on 18:51 - Apr 16 with 2293 viewsMonkey

Having also been there "that" night I've also detested everything to do with that club ever since. The things I saw that night will stay with me forever unfortunately.

No sympathy.
Luton Town on 20:27 - Apr 16 with 2237 viewsessextaxiboy

Luton Town on 09:44 - Apr 16 by bosh67

Personally I am very pleased as I live in Luton and the town deserves the team back in the league proper.

Luton gets labelled as a town of gypsies, pikeys and low lifes. But having lived here 10 years now I can honestly say that it is a cosmopolitan town,embracing everyone from pikeys, gypsies and low lifes to international alcoholics and extremists. It's a broad spectrum.

I only go to the airport (which is sh*t) but it is a dodgepot town .

Every time I park up at that retail park near the airport , a pikey tries to sell me a flat screen telly wrapped up in a blanket on his back seat ...
Luton Town on 21:19 - Apr 16 with 2190 viewsthehat

Horrible scumbag fans I remember an away game when a group of them circled a Rangers father and his son on their way to the game and started spitting at the boy who was only about 10.

Hope they rot in hell.
Luton Town on 22:20 - Apr 16 with 2162 viewsqueensparker

Luton Town on 12:50 - Apr 16 by TacticalR

They have just the kind of gems we need to be scouring the lower leagues for

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2605621/Luton-Town-end-five-ye
[Post edited 16 Apr 2014 12:55]

Good on the floor too - watch this:

http://lockerdome.com/bbcsporf/6169461380096065/6533457375413780

Dunne and McNulty for the Prem when we go up?
Luton Town on 23:24 - Apr 16 with 2129 viewssmegma

Luton Town on 06:30 - Apr 16 by YorkRanger

I think you may be missing the point. The op isn't trying to comment on the quality of the fans, the club or even Luton as a town.

Surely you are not condoning their scandalous mis-treatment simply because you do not like them?

The ONLY club i detest is that lot in Milton Keynes. That could be us.

What happened to Luton and Wrexham also could've been us.
Luton Town on 12:56 - Apr 17 with 2055 viewsqpr1976

Not sure where all this sympathy for them comes from. Yes they were dealt with harshly on face value, but IMO, they deserved it.

They went into Administration 3 times in 8 years, which is drastic but an excellent way of paying off your debts & surviving. Paying 8 or 9 pence in the pound after you've racked up millions in debt over 2 or 3 years. I know it happened once to us, but we paid it all bakc I believe, not just a percentage. And to do it 3 times in such a short space of time, gives an unfair advantage over other teams in your league.
I think they got 20 point deduction one season as it their 3rd time of Admin and not exiting correctly. 10 points is 1st offence, 15 points for 2nd opffence, 20 points is for 3rd offence. seems fair to me.

Then there's the other 15 point deduction. This was for illegal trading and pleading guilty to 56 (yep FIFTY SIX) counts of dodgy dealings. So again fair dues (IMO).

Sad to see them get parole after 5 years hard labour in the Conference, but I much prefer the times when John gurney took over and wanted to built an F1 race track under their new ground (which they've been trying to get for about 40 years now) and running a X Factor style vote for their next Manager - Big Fat Roy Kinnear won the vote, but none of the top 4 in the vote were interested, so they ended up with Mike Newell, who just happened to be passing the ground that day !

And yes, I live there too.
Luton Town on 19:49 - Apr 17 with 1999 viewsnedflanders

Luton Town on 12:56 - Apr 17 by qpr1976

Not sure where all this sympathy for them comes from. Yes they were dealt with harshly on face value, but IMO, they deserved it.

They went into Administration 3 times in 8 years, which is drastic but an excellent way of paying off your debts & surviving. Paying 8 or 9 pence in the pound after you've racked up millions in debt over 2 or 3 years. I know it happened once to us, but we paid it all bakc I believe, not just a percentage. And to do it 3 times in such a short space of time, gives an unfair advantage over other teams in your league.
I think they got 20 point deduction one season as it their 3rd time of Admin and not exiting correctly. 10 points is 1st offence, 15 points for 2nd opffence, 20 points is for 3rd offence. seems fair to me.

Then there's the other 15 point deduction. This was for illegal trading and pleading guilty to 56 (yep FIFTY SIX) counts of dodgy dealings. So again fair dues (IMO).

Sad to see them get parole after 5 years hard labour in the Conference, but I much prefer the times when John gurney took over and wanted to built an F1 race track under their new ground (which they've been trying to get for about 40 years now) and running a X Factor style vote for their next Manager - Big Fat Roy Kinnear won the vote, but none of the top 4 in the vote were interested, so they ended up with Mike Newell, who just happened to be passing the ground that day !

And yes, I live there too.

But they punished the club when all the persons involved in the illegality weren't at the club anymore. The only ones who suffered were the fans and the board that had nothing to do with it and were trying to sort the club out after the gross mismanagement.

The culprits walked away scot free whilst the fans and new regime suffered. That's not right.
Login to get fewer ads

Luton Town on 20:20 - Apr 17 with 1987 viewsYorkRanger

Luton Town on 19:49 - Apr 17 by nedflanders

But they punished the club when all the persons involved in the illegality weren't at the club anymore. The only ones who suffered were the fans and the board that had nothing to do with it and were trying to sort the club out after the gross mismanagement.

The culprits walked away scot free whilst the fans and new regime suffered. That's not right.

Spot on Ned. Some surprisingly narrow views on here given how close we have sailed to the wind in prior years....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024