Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 13:08 - Apr 16 with 2934 views08olesen

An unpopular view maybe....but if we could pick him up on the cheap i would take him.

Reason for this being that one of the big reasons IMO for our torrid last season in the PL was due to our lack of English core. We had the likes of Park and Bosingwa who really could not give a fark! and If we go up this season, we are likely to replace Carroll with Mbia and or Granero, and while i believe that they are both easily better than him on their day, I do not think they alone, are what we need in a relegation scrap.

Tom Carroll never hides in matches and the quicker pace of the PL would help him as opposed to Granero where it hinders him. Plus i am struggling to think a many better young (-21) midfielders who are cheap and British.

I really think the aim for next season has to be lowering the average age of the squad and bringing in British players or foreign unknown players with the right attitude like Faurlin or dare i say it a Yun Suk Yun.

I also think that Barton could be a great tutor for all the CMs we have in the squad next year (including Mbia and Granero both still young enough) because he obviously has a lot of PL experience.

So yer.... Tom Carroll for the future!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Tom Carroll on 15:34 - Apr 16 with 1103 viewsNorthernr

Tom Carroll on 14:30 - Apr 16 by stansleftfoot

I think there's a lot of quality out there, like Hughes.
TC has a QPR career history of 24 games, one goal and two assists, I think there's other players out there who have a greater impact defensively as well as by contributing Dead Ball, Goals and Assists.

Eh? He got three assists on Saturday alone
Tom Carroll on 15:50 - Apr 16 with 1068 viewsfrancisbowles

Much as I like what he tries to do and have been one of his supporters. I am not sure his all round game is strong enough to consider buying him. I would like to see more performances like Saturday's (where he seemed to have loads of time and space to start moves) and more strength with the stamina to get back when the attack breaks down before I was convinced. It also depends very much on who we are thinking of playing with him. I can't really see him, AF and Granero in the same team.
Tom Carroll on 16:14 - Apr 16 with 1040 viewsPinnerPaul

Tom Carroll on 15:34 - Apr 16 by Northernr

Agree an odd reaction Clive, but isn't this typical really.

We say we can't keep buying untried players or worse buying players based on form of 2/3 seasons ago, yet we have a YOUNG player with potential who we know all about and some are saying, nope go out and look for /buy someone else!

Its all opinions I suppose - any of our squad and every potential new player this summer will get the thumbs up & down on here!
Tom Carroll on 16:25 - Apr 16 with 1025 viewstoboboly

Tom Carroll on 16:14 - Apr 16 by PinnerPaul

Agree an odd reaction Clive, but isn't this typical really.

We say we can't keep buying untried players or worse buying players based on form of 2/3 seasons ago, yet we have a YOUNG player with potential who we know all about and some are saying, nope go out and look for /buy someone else!

Its all opinions I suppose - any of our squad and every potential new player this summer will get the thumbs up & down on here!

For the amount of money we would likely have to pay to get him I don't think it would be worthwhile. If he plays a blinder for the remainder of the season I would be willing to rethink that. However we are likely to have to overpay for him purely because of where he comes from.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tom Carroll on 18:32 - Apr 16 with 961 viewsstansleftfoot

Tom Carroll on 15:34 - Apr 16 by Northernr

Ha! Your right Clive, So he did! So that will be 5 assists!
http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAssists
Tom Carroll is a tidy little player, he responded to the movement around him on Saturday to give us his best performance by some distance imo.
I think we've seen glimpses of a good young player, and his performance against NF was really good.
The pressure is now on, three or four points needed and then the Play-Offs...now is the time for the boy to become a man.
I hope the pressure suits him, he's got players coming back, he's a tidy little player and signing him would certainly be a sign of a change in approach by the club that I would applaud...as would signing any young player of ambition and quality.
Let's all wish Tom Carroll the best of luck in the coming weeks.
Tom Carroll on 19:31 - Apr 16 with 934 viewsLblock

If Spurs are willing to give him to us plus say 2 million quid then deal on.

He's been smashed to pieces by some Championship midfielders; just imagine what YaYa, Stevie G and even Yedinak would do to him.
I'm here to be proved wrong but I dont rate him and would rather get Andy King from Leicester who has been out of favour for Drinkwater

Agree its a better squad blend we need and FFS its about time some of our yoot got a chance to show if they are the real deal or not

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Tom Carroll on 19:54 - Apr 16 with 927 viewsbaz_qpr

Tom Carroll on 13:39 - Apr 16 by Northernr

I'd have him, but I wouldn't pay much.

This - what he lacks is strength and that can be conditioned over time, he's got a good touch fairly decent vision but needs to be coached a bit more around the box. Don't think he would cost that much Morrison would only be £4m
[Post edited 16 Apr 2014 19:57]
Tom Carroll on 20:17 - Apr 16 with 913 viewsBlackCrowe

Tom Carroll on 19:54 - Apr 16 by baz_qpr

This - what he lacks is strength and that can be conditioned over time, he's got a good touch fairly decent vision but needs to be coached a bit more around the box. Don't think he would cost that much Morrison would only be £4m
[Post edited 16 Apr 2014 19:57]

I think vision and touch is the best part of his game, needs to improve on decision-making though.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 20:18 - Apr 16 with 909 viewsHooparoo

I like that he is always looking to go forward. Certainly never hides like our friend Mr Jenas.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Tom Carroll on 20:20 - Apr 16 with 908 viewsessextaxiboy

Tom Carroll on 13:54 - Apr 16 by Toast_R

Yes from me but no good with Redknapp and his staff still in charge as he'll still need some coaching to work on his game. Has the potential though, watch a decent coach somewhere turn him into a tidy little player.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2014 13:55]

He is only here because of Redknapp .
Tom Carroll on 21:00 - Apr 16 with 887 viewshoopstilidie

£2.5M to £3M at the very most then yes I'd take him, on the proviso we get somebody in who has the first idea how to actually coach him.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Tom Carroll on 21:21 - Apr 16 with 848 viewsSpiritofGregory

One decent game doesn't make you a good player.
Tom Carroll on 22:18 - Apr 16 with 840 viewsRBlock

No SoG, but he has had a few good games. I would pay up to 4mill for him. I know it is more than most but I do rate the kid as a great passer of the ball. In a midfield with Ale and Joey, we could play some top notch football.
Tom Carroll on 00:41 - Apr 17 with 815 viewschris1969

Tom Carroll on 15:06 - Apr 16 by DevonWhite

We don't have a hope in hell of signing Will Hughes. Not in a million years. I don't think Spurs would sell us Carroll either. They seem to rate him very highly.

Didn't think we would get Charlie Austin or Matt Phillips, but these are the type of signings we need to continue with. Hogan at Rochdale would be a great move as well as Mcormack at Leeds.
Tom Carroll on 01:01 - Apr 17 with 812 viewsNorthernr

Tom Carroll on 00:41 - Apr 17 by chris1969

Didn't think we would get Charlie Austin or Matt Phillips, but these are the type of signings we need to continue with. Hogan at Rochdale would be a great move as well as Mcormack at Leeds.

You're right, but we really don't have a snowball's chance in hell with Will Hughes. He's Liverpool or Everton waiting to happen and he won't go cheaply either.
Tom Carroll on 03:37 - Apr 17 with 786 viewsRangersAreBack

Tom Carroll on 14:24 - Apr 16 by paulparker

don't think its a simple as just beefing up
IMHO he isn't all that, he reminds me of Jimmy Smith who we had a few years back
where he plays 1 good game in 5 and the rest of the time he goes missing
can see him playing for Brentford or Orient in a few years time

Spot on. One decent game and all of sudden we're frittering virtual millions on the boy. Has a long way to go to convince me he'll be a top player.
Tom Carroll on 09:37 - Apr 17 with 747 viewsWestminsteRs

Tom Carroll on 03:37 - Apr 17 by RangersAreBack

Spot on. One decent game and all of sudden we're frittering virtual millions on the boy. Has a long way to go to convince me he'll be a top player.

Agreed. If we want to gamble, spend £1m and give him 20 or so games next season (if in the Championship) then fine but at the moment he looks like one of those really good youth team players that never quite lives up to the hype.
Tom Carroll on 09:56 - Apr 17 with 741 viewsPommyhoop

We only got Charlie cos H couldnt get Hooper. AND Charlie had an injury history that didnt impress Hull.
Sometimes even we get a nice hand dealt by fate/luck or whatever..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Tom Carroll on 14:59 - Apr 17 with 702 viewswhittocksRs

Despite the questionable attitude, the priority signing has to be Morrison, who has made such a difference to our threat from midfield. Even at £5m we have to be looking at him as a given (provided no one else comes in for him). He'll get goals i whatever division we're in.

Carroll for £1.5m is a good deal, anything more is overpriced.
Tom Carroll on 15:16 - Apr 17 with 682 viewstoboboly

Tom Carroll on 14:59 - Apr 17 by whittocksRs

Despite the questionable attitude, the priority signing has to be Morrison, who has made such a difference to our threat from midfield. Even at £5m we have to be looking at him as a given (provided no one else comes in for him). He'll get goals i whatever division we're in.

Carroll for £1.5m is a good deal, anything more is overpriced.

Whilst I agree what is the difference between Adel and Ravel? Does Morrison really want to be here? Is he going to more than Adel? Seems like we would be swapping one talented reprobate for another. And we all know how much hate Adel gets around here, how long until Morrison is treated the same?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tom Carroll on 15:20 - Apr 17 with 679 views08olesen

Agreed. Ross Mcormack at the end of his deal at Leeds i think. Pick him up cheap if we go up. Would be a great addition and be a safety net if we went back down.

Tom Carroll on 17:28 - Apr 17 with 648 viewsbosh67

If we don't go up and I doubt we will the main thing has to be to keep Austin, Phillips and the lad Yung. There will be offers for them and I think both would stay if an offer doesn't trigger a clause.

Re Tom C. He showed in the last game that he does have it in him to be a creative player. It is about cost and the fact that everyone who criticised Hogan for being lightweight should think of that when they look at Tom. Hogan would knock him over so he really needs to put on weight and toughen up.

I am more interested in a team that realise on the so called academy to bring through the likes of Doughty, Sutherland, Andrade, Monthe with players like Austin etc as more senior players in the group. I think Ravel has been superb but I reckon he will go back to the Prem if we don't go up and be snapped up by another team. Shame, because he is the real deal, certainly in the making.

The last 5 minutes of the Forrest game proved that if we do what we do best, relax and attack that we can be dangerous.

It also depends on if we get the transfer embargo next season. Then we will have to keep and rely on what we have (minus a few high earners) and the kids. And... that might be a very good thing.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tom Carroll on 22:22 - Apr 17 with 608 viewscollegeranger

Tom Carroll on 14:24 - Apr 16 by paulparker

don't think its a simple as just beefing up
IMHO he isn't all that, he reminds me of Jimmy Smith who we had a few years back
where he plays 1 good game in 5 and the rest of the time he goes missing
can see him playing for Brentford or Orient in a few years time

Absolutely .... have said that all season - a player that will look good in a good side.... a player that will look average in an a average side.... and a player in a poor side - that will go missing!!

Orient or Millwall by the time he is 25!
Tom Carroll on 09:16 - Apr 18 with 550 viewswhittocksRs

Tom Carroll on 15:16 - Apr 17 by toboboly

Whilst I agree what is the difference between Adel and Ravel? Does Morrison really want to be here? Is he going to more than Adel? Seems like we would be swapping one talented reprobate for another. And we all know how much hate Adel gets around here, how long until Morrison is treated the same?

Personally, I've never given Taarabt stick because the football he played in 2010/11 was the best I've ever seen on a consistent basis from any player at LR. He's been a cock since going to Milan in interviews but then he was always a bit like that, so it's hardly unexpected.

Fact is, QPR will never be able to sign hugely talented players who do not come with baggage because that's just who we are. Morrison is a little hoodrat but the boy can play football.
Tom Carroll on 14:59 - Apr 18 with 518 views08olesen

Tom Carroll on 15:16 - Apr 17 by toboboly

I loved Adel when he played for us and even when he was on the bench under Hughes but some of the stuff he has been saying in Milan is just disrespectful to the club who believed in him.

He said in a recent interview that he was doing more defending and running and it was improving him as a player!........FINALLY! if only he had done that two years ago he could have helped QPR in the prem!

He clearly is an odd bloke and i would rather have Ravel in the squad... but bloody hell when he was on form he would make people look like Sunday league defenders.

Im not bothered if he doesn't come back as long as we get 10 million which we should! and then buy Carroll for 1.5 mill.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024