Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 13:08 - Apr 16 with 2921 views08olesen

An unpopular view maybe....but if we could pick him up on the cheap i would take him.

Reason for this being that one of the big reasons IMO for our torrid last season in the PL was due to our lack of English core. We had the likes of Park and Bosingwa who really could not give a fark! and If we go up this season, we are likely to replace Carroll with Mbia and or Granero, and while i believe that they are both easily better than him on their day, I do not think they alone, are what we need in a relegation scrap.

Tom Carroll never hides in matches and the quicker pace of the PL would help him as opposed to Granero where it hinders him. Plus i am struggling to think a many better young (-21) midfielders who are cheap and British.

I really think the aim for next season has to be lowering the average age of the squad and bringing in British players or foreign unknown players with the right attitude like Faurlin or dare i say it a Yun Suk Yun.

I also think that Barton could be a great tutor for all the CMs we have in the squad next year (including Mbia and Granero both still young enough) because he obviously has a lot of PL experience.

So yer.... Tom Carroll for the future!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Tom Carroll on 13:18 - Apr 16 with 1797 viewsimustbemad

The problem is he would not be cheap. What about giving Frankie Sutherland a go instead. He's one of ours and nearly back to fitness after ACL - months ahead of schedule as well.
Tom Carroll on 13:28 - Apr 16 with 1757 views08olesen

Tom Carroll on 13:18 - Apr 16 by imustbemad

The problem is he would not be cheap. What about giving Frankie Sutherland a go instead. He's one of ours and nearly back to fitness after ACL - months ahead of schedule as well.

I really doubt he would be more than about 3million considering we got Granero who is a supposed Champions League Midfielder for 5mill. Plus everyone knows the wealth of midfielders that Spuds have after splashing 20 million on Paulinho and co. He hasnt exactly set the world alight when he was there either.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Tom Carroll on 13:30 - Apr 16 with 1746 viewsthemodfather

somewhere deep inside carroll is a decent player, he needs to learn to hold the ball and put his foot on it and dictate the game and maybe bulk up a bit.
right now his distribution is poor and with others all around him doing the same, he cops it!
Tom Carroll on 13:30 - Apr 16 with 1746 viewsimustbemad

Tom Carroll on 13:28 - Apr 16 by 08olesen

I really doubt he would be more than about 3million considering we got Granero who is a supposed Champions League Midfielder for 5mill. Plus everyone knows the wealth of midfielders that Spuds have after splashing 20 million on Paulinho and co. He hasnt exactly set the world alight when he was there either.

Daniel Levy
Tom Carroll on 13:32 - Apr 16 with 1742 viewstinhead

I'd have him.

Get a good pre-season in him, beef him up a bit and he'd be a handful next year.

Puny God!

Tom Carroll on 13:34 - Apr 16 with 1731 viewstoboboly

Just to say Mbia is out of contract in the summer (thank God).

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tom Carroll on 13:35 - Apr 16 with 1729 viewsDWQPR

Will someone lease get the message that M'Bia is on a two year contract which expires this summer. As for Carroll, no thanks, seen too much to think that at best he is League One. Would be nice to give one of our own the challenge of getting first team football rather than Spuds.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Tom Carroll on 13:36 - Apr 16 with 1723 viewsDANRANGER

It's probably make or break for him at Spurs next year so I'd expect him to go back in the hope he can break into their side. All depends on the type of manager they recruit but he has the capabilities. For the money they'd want (not cheap) I don't see him as the sort of player we need whatever division we are in next year although I do rate him.

M'bia out of contract but considering Granero is ours we should be trying to utilise him as we pay his wages (be a novelty!). Not sure on where he is in his recovery from serious injury though.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 13:39 - Apr 16 with 1711 viewsNorthernr

I'd have him, but I wouldn't pay much.
Tom Carroll on 13:39 - Apr 16 with 1710 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I agree. I'd sign him because he's good, young, and probably cheap. With a bit of (wait for it) coaching he'll be a very good player.

I also think that British or indeed Irish players can be moulded quickly into a footballing and social unit as their football upbringings are so similar.

True, Arsenal have brought a lot of Continental Europeans and Africans through together, but they were reared together in their Academy. Chelsea and man. City have won the league with Continintal Europeans and Africans but in both cases they have bought the highest quality, making assimilation more likely. In our case British or Irish would be a huge advantage mixed in with our own youth where possible.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tom Carroll on 13:41 - Apr 16 with 1705 viewsBlackCrowe

It's a yes from me.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Tom Carroll on 13:43 - Apr 16 with 1697 viewsimustbemad

Tom Carroll on 13:39 - Apr 16 by Northernr

I'd have him, but I wouldn't pay much.

You just know that Levy would pull TF trousers down
Tom Carroll on 13:54 - Apr 16 with 1670 viewsToast_R

Yes from me but no good with Redknapp and his staff still in charge as he'll still need some coaching to work on his game. Has the potential though, watch a decent coach somewhere turn him into a tidy little player.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2014 13:55]
Tom Carroll on 13:56 - Apr 16 with 1655 viewsRANGERS4EVER

What do people think is the right amount?

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Tom Carroll on 14:00 - Apr 16 with 1646 viewswhittocksRs

Tottenham would want £4-6m. We should pay £1.5m at the most. We won't get him.
Tom Carroll on 14:05 - Apr 16 with 1626 viewsPinnerPaul

Young and has potential and , you would hope, can only get better with more experience.

Fees very rarely disclosed nowdays so no point getting worked up about what we would/could/will/won't pay IMHO.
Tom Carroll on 14:14 - Apr 16 with 1597 viewsJamie

Tottenham never sell on the cheap. They've even re-signed players in the past just to sell them for a nominal fee.
Tom Carroll on 14:18 - Apr 16 with 1584 viewsNathanNI

I'd take him.

He's a brave player, not so much in the tackle, but he constantly wants the ball. He gives it away a lot granted, but he probably has more of the ball than any other. I'd be interested to see the percentage of pass completion between him & Barton.

Actually. No. I wouldn't. Statistics are dull as f*ck.

I think he needs to beef up obviously, at times he seems to underhit a pass often. But his performance on Saturday, including at least two great little passes leading to goals would make me take a gamble on him depending on price.
Tom Carroll on 14:23 - Apr 16 with 1553 viewsstansleftfoot

Depends which League we are in and who our Manager is.
Tottenham might not loan or sell us TC if we make into the Prem and Harry is our Manager.
If we stayed in the Championship, and we got a Championship knowledgable Manager in, he might not want TC.
It's sad and only my opinion, I'm not entirely sure TC is worth £4 - £6 Million, I think he's, still, very much a player in development.
£2 million or less, he's worth the risk in The Championship, don't think he'd survive currently in The Premiership.
Tom Carroll on 14:24 - Apr 16 with 1549 viewspaulparker

don't think its a simple as just beefing up
IMHO he isn't all that, he reminds me of Jimmy Smith who we had a few years back
where he plays 1 good game in 5 and the rest of the time he goes missing
can see him playing for Brentford or Orient in a few years time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tom Carroll on 14:24 - Apr 16 with 1548 viewschris1969

If he is valued anywhere near £5 million would rather test Derby's resolve with a bid for Will Hughes (obviously only if go up)
Tom Carroll on 14:30 - Apr 16 with 1527 viewstinhead

Tom Carroll on 14:24 - Apr 16 by paulparker

don't think its a simple as just beefing up
IMHO he isn't all that, he reminds me of Jimmy Smith who we had a few years back
where he plays 1 good game in 5 and the rest of the time he goes missing
can see him playing for Brentford or Orient in a few years time

surely that's a reference to Jenas?

Puny God!

Tom Carroll on 14:30 - Apr 16 with 1527 viewsstansleftfoot

Tom Carroll on 14:24 - Apr 16 by chris1969

If he is valued anywhere near £5 million would rather test Derby's resolve with a bid for Will Hughes (obviously only if go up)

I think there's a lot of quality out there, like Hughes.
TC has a QPR career history of 24 games, one goal and two assists, I think there's other players out there who have a greater impact defensively as well as by contributing Dead Ball, Goals and Assists.
Tom Carroll on 14:31 - Apr 16 with 1527 viewstoboboly

Tom Carroll on 14:24 - Apr 16 by chris1969

We would need to do a Yankees style policy and make him dye his hair though.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tom Carroll on 15:06 - Apr 16 with 1456 viewsDevonWhite

We don't have a hope in hell of signing Will Hughes. Not in a million years. I don't think Spurs would sell us Carroll either. They seem to rate him very highly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024