Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
crystal palace now 11th 20:54 - Apr 16 with 2366 viewsHollowayRanger

just shows what a good manager can do without wasting tons of money and just making do with what he's given
[Post edited 16 Apr 2014 20:54]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

crystal palace now 11th on 09:36 - Apr 17 with 672 viewsPunteR

crystal palace now 11th on 07:21 - Apr 17 by CroydonCaptJack

They were ten to one on to go down in January. What he has done is exceptional with the limited budget he was given. Fair play to him.

Pulis has done a great job and I suppose success in the premier league is not getting relegated. Maybe I'm being a little bitter at the fact that they managed to turn it round and we didn't. I think Brendan Rodgers has done a much better job though imo.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

crystal palace now 11th on 09:39 - Apr 17 with 664 viewsHantsR

crystal palace now 11th on 09:36 - Apr 17 by PunteR

Pulis has done a great job and I suppose success in the premier league is not getting relegated. Maybe I'm being a little bitter at the fact that they managed to turn it round and we didn't. I think Brendan Rodgers has done a much better job though imo.

Yeah but Pulis knows the oppo's line-up 24 hours before the game...allegedly
crystal palace now 11th on 09:47 - Apr 17 with 652 viewsPommyhoop

crystal palace now 11th on 09:39 - Apr 17 by HantsR

Yeah but Pulis knows the oppo's line-up 24 hours before the game...allegedly

H doesnt know OUR line up until all the balls have been drawn.

First ball out every week .Number Ten ,Maggies Den..
Yep LTC in again..
Why does number 13 look like someone had stepped on it? That ball would never get up the chute. Oh its Yun Suk's number

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

crystal palace now 11th on 09:48 - Apr 17 with 650 viewsLoft1979

crystal palace now 11th on 21:29 - Apr 16 by eghamranger

Winning at Everton is a great result, Martinez and Pulis have both been great this year

Exactly!!
Palace have virtually nothing of their 2012 squad left. And they DID spend.
But ultimately they have turned this team upside down based on Tony Pulis's efforts.
crystal palace now 11th on 10:00 - Apr 17 with 638 viewsLoft1979

crystal palace now 11th on 00:19 - Apr 17 by barbicanranger

Some of the promoted teams have had the fortune of having good options available to them this year - Hull getting Long and Jelavic as a forward pairing (we would have snapped that up when we were up there) and when Holloway stepped down Pulis was available (again, I think most of us would have taken him ahead of Hughes). I can see Palace having a good stint in the Premier League now.

+1
crystal palace now 11th on 10:08 - Apr 17 with 622 viewsstowmarketrange

I keep on thinking that this will turn out to be the ultimate disaster season for us with the scum winning the league and reaching the final,Fulham staying up,us staying down,Millwall staying up and Bentford coming up.
crystal palace now 11th on 10:10 - Apr 17 with 621 viewsElHoop

I'm not sure why Pulis is considered to have done so much better than Bruce, who has got a very average Hull side into a similar position and at the same time has also got them to Wembley.

Rodgers has done well but he doesn't have the burden of the Champions League which would have been difficult with a pretty thin squad. If he wins the league then I'd give it to him but there's lots of managers who have done very well with what they've got in the PL this season.
crystal palace now 11th on 10:10 - Apr 17 with 619 viewsPommyhoop

crystal palace now 11th on 10:08 - Apr 17 by stowmarketrange

I keep on thinking that this will turn out to be the ultimate disaster season for us with the scum winning the league and reaching the final,Fulham staying up,us staying down,Millwall staying up and Bentford coming up.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/108829/annus-horri

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

crystal palace now 11th on 10:17 - Apr 17 with 612 viewsBrianMcCarthy

crystal palace now 11th on 23:26 - Apr 16 by smegma

They dont need to win EVERY game. If they draw with the SW6 pikeys and win the others , the silver pot is theirs.

Better again, smegma,

If they draw against Chelsea, they probably only need seven points to win it, as their goal difference is so much better.

Now that City fecked up, I'm all for Liverpool!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

crystal palace now 11th on 10:35 - Apr 17 with 585 viewsPinnerPaul

crystal palace now 11th on 21:29 - Apr 16 by eghamranger

Winning at Everton is a great result, Martinez and Pulis have both been great this year

We won at Everton as well!
crystal palace now 11th on 10:36 - Apr 17 with 582 viewsElHoop

Will Everton win another game this season?
crystal palace now 11th on 11:01 - Apr 17 with 558 viewsLoft1979

crystal palace now 11th on 07:33 - Apr 17 by Lblock

Just seen a little snippet on dot org

I was interested to compare and contrast unfashionable and unpopular TP with HR

We had 4 points when Harry took over and were in the bottom 3
Palace had 4 points when Pulis took over and were in the bottom 3

Harry took over on 24 November 2012
Pulis took over on 23 November 2013

Now I readily admit that if TP had been linked with us I'd of been dead set against it and that's including Hughes & Old Jerky. Just goes to show though that sometimes you just get the right fit.
I also doubt very much that TP, or anyone else, couldve repaired the broken dressing room / squad spirit that Hughesless left us with.

Well done Palace

There IS a difference. The contracts of Mbia, Granero, Cesar, Diakite, Park, AJ, Bosingwa. HR knew this would mean he could not add players he wanted. In my opinion (similar to expressed by Derry & Clint) the squad that stayed up under Hughes should have largely stayed together.
crystal palace now 11th on 11:30 - Apr 17 with 525 viewsKonk

Remember these bold predictions, these glimpses into the future: Chelsea will win at Anfield and Mourinho will act like a complete dic k. They’ll go on to win the league. Fulham will win 0-1 at the Lane on Saturday, I’ll get very, very drunk celebrating and wake up face down on my living room floor with the front door open, Viva el Fulham on repeat, Manish and Leroy discussing Dale’s promotion push,an open but untouched beer over by the telly, and kebab in my hair. This is all going to happen*, so lump on, fill yer boots, free money etc.

*It might not.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2014 11:36]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

crystal palace now 11th on 14:40 - Apr 17 with 455 viewsHAYESBOY

Might not be doing so well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27062091

Smells like a trout farm in here

crystal palace now 11th on 14:51 - Apr 17 with 434 viewsRangersAreBack

crystal palace now 11th on 14:40 - Apr 17 by HAYESBOY

Might not be doing so well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27062091

What ever next? Setting off the fire alarm of the opposition's hotel in the early hours of the morning of the match?
crystal palace now 11th on 15:02 - Apr 17 with 423 viewswhittocksRs

What is with Welsh clubs and hard luck stories? Knowing what team was being put out made no difference to that result. Cardiff are going down regardless.
crystal palace now 11th on 17:23 - Apr 17 with 383 viewsCamberleyR

Success in the Premier League with Palace is DEFINITELY not getting relegated. They've never managed to stay up after getting promoted before so what Pulis has done there is nothing short of miraculous.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

crystal palace now 11th on 07:19 - Apr 18 with 333 viewsnedflanders

I'm not dismissing the good job Rodgers has done but are people forgetting the amount he had to work with?? He already had England's best midfielder and captain and they have 40 million pounds worth of strikers in SAS. Add in no champs league to mess with squad rotation and a lot of the ingredients were there. Credit where it's due, he has organised and got them playing a brand of football that deserves them the title this year as they have been the best team overall and certainly the most enjoyable to watch and should rightly be praised for it but IMO how this can be compared with the almost miraculous job Tony Pulis has done from what appeared a hopeless situation with a squad of players such as Delaney, Puncheon, mariappa, bolasie and a whole host of other 'ordinary' championship players is beyond me.
crystal palace now 11th on 09:03 - Apr 18 with 305 viewsMonahoop

crystal palace now 11th on 10:10 - Apr 17 by ElHoop

I'm not sure why Pulis is considered to have done so much better than Bruce, who has got a very average Hull side into a similar position and at the same time has also got them to Wembley.

Rodgers has done well but he doesn't have the burden of the Champions League which would have been difficult with a pretty thin squad. If he wins the league then I'd give it to him but there's lots of managers who have done very well with what they've got in the PL this season.

Indeed, a lot of managers have done well with what they have got at top flight level, but it's more of a case of them knowing what they are doing to get a team to compete at that level. As I have said in another post about Pulis, like him or not and I am in the former camp, he will roll his sleeves up and get a job done whether it be getting a team promoted or getting them to stay up. So far he doesn't have a relegation on his CV. Granted his football style can be dull [ but no worse than ours at present], but his work ethic is spot on. Palace were doomed under Holloway who is clueless at top level. For someone like Pulis to come along and resurrect a mish mash team is no mean achievement. Let's see what he can do there next term.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024