Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alec Stock and Stan Bowles - QPR's Greatest 14:17 - Apr 17 with 639 viewsDWQPR

Official as voted by suporters as part of the Football League's 125 Year celebrations. Cannot disagree with any of that, although I was too young to see the Alec Stock team of 66/67 onwards as I was born in 1966, can certainly say that I was blessed to see Stan on so many occasions and also be one of the kids who would get his Sporting Life every morning during the school holidays when he turned up for training at Birkbeck College in Greenford during the late 70's. Great with us kids, always gave us a quid to get the paper and we got to keep the change, which was spent on sweets. Always chatted with us. Reminded Stan of those days a few years at a book signing a few years ago, he remembered well and even asked where his change was! Legend.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/170414-alec-stock-and-stan-bowles-named-qprs-g

Shame who ever wrote this couldn't spend two minutes to research that QPR were promoted to Division One in the 1972-73 season though.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Alec Stock and Stan Bowles - QPR's Greatest on 15:30 - Apr 17 with 596 viewsStanisgod

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Alec Stock and Stan Bowles - QPR's Greatest on 16:26 - Apr 17 with 553 viewsClive_Anderson

Well I was too young for Stock, Marsh and Bowles, but I was lucky enough to see Matty Rose play for the Hoops for a decade instead.

Pass the revolver, I'm off for a walk in the woods.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024