Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking a motor bike to Rangers 16:12 - Apr 17 with 3429 viewsKingy27

Have, or do any of you ride to Rangers? I am thinking of maybe riding my scooter to footy on Monday. I cannot store my helmit in the bike so where could I leave it? Would the club store it for me?
Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 16:15 - Apr 17 with 3417 viewsMoonshineSteve

I take mine in.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 16:18 - Apr 17 with 3412 viewsKonk

If you and a few mates could do something similar at half-time, you could earn yourself a few bob and I'm sure the club would be happy to let you park-up in the tunnel for a timely entrance/exit.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 16:20 - Apr 17 with 3403 viewsLblock

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 16:18 - Apr 17 by Konk

If you and a few mates could do something similar at half-time, you could earn yourself a few bob and I'm sure the club would be happy to let you park-up in the tunnel for a timely entrance/exit.

Foolhams away mob?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 16:26 - Apr 17 with 3397 viewsKonk

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 16:20 - Apr 17 by Lblock

Foolhams away mob?

When we have something to play for, our away support's not too bad.

We are mammoth.

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 17:00 - Apr 17 with 3358 viewsToast_R

They frustrate the hell out of me sometimes but a motor bike maybe a little extreme.
Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 17:06 - Apr 17 with 3354 viewsRangersw12

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 16:26 - Apr 17 by Konk

When we have something to play for, our away support's not too bad.

We are mammoth.

And when the club provide free travel and reduce the tickets to £10.....................
Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 17:14 - Apr 17 with 3334 viewsKonk

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 17:06 - Apr 17 by Rangersw12

And when the club provide free travel and reduce the tickets to £10.....................

I don't see a problem with that - we all say that football's too expensive and 3,000 to Villa and Stoke will definitely be in part because the club have helped out with ticket costs. Surely that just shows that cost is a factor in people going/not going to games?Coming out of the ground, I only saw a handful of coaches and the trains were packed, so guessing most people went to Villa under their own steam. As they will for Stoke. 2,3-400 at WBA at £25, and we've sold-out whatever we've taken for Tottenham at £41+booking fee. Not amazing, but not Stuart Hall's standard "50 Fulham fans" either.

Anyhow, sorry that this discussion has got on a thread about parking-up motorbikes.

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 17:16 - Apr 17 with 3332 viewsJuzzie

I ride to pretty much every game I go to home and away (though only done two aways this season, poor by my usual standards).
I doubt the club would store as it's not really their responsibility to look after people's personal possessions. Besides, how do you know how well they'll look after it? One drop on the floor from chest height and it's knackered, it will not save your head should you be unfortunate enough to be in that situation.

Park up in Abdale Road just where it bends into Stanlake Road. Close enough to the ground but away from the flow of people coming to and from the ground, it only takes one person to knock it over, even if by accident. Always frustrates me, especially after the game, that people seem to think it's OK to walk in the road when there's plenty of room on the pavement.

Lock it to the bike, it'll be fine

NB: if you get there before me and take my usual space, be prepared to find it in a hedge after the game
[Post edited 17 Apr 2014 17:23]
Login to get fewer ads

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 17:27 - Apr 17 with 3296 viewsMoonshineSteve

Don't you take yours in Juzzie? I am always loathe to leave mine on the bike. Never know what might happen to it.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 17:52 - Apr 17 with 3273 viewsJuzzie

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 17:27 - Apr 17 by MoonshineSteve

Don't you take yours in Juzzie? I am always loathe to leave mine on the bike. Never know what might happen to it.

I have a Givi top box :o) There have been times when I've had to lock it to the bike but I have a "Lid-mac" (no longer sold) that keeps it protected. One of these would also do the job;

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/78261

In days gone by I did take mine in as I could stand on it on the terraces, I'm only 5' 7" lol!

One England game at the old Wembley I was having trouble seeing the game so I moved as far back as I could on the terrace against the wall that was at the front of the seated tier. I stood on my helmet, had a great view and didn't block anyone behind me.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2014 18:04]
Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 19:20 - Apr 17 with 3199 viewsloftboy

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 17:52 - Apr 17 by Juzzie

I have a Givi top box :o) There have been times when I've had to lock it to the bike but I have a "Lid-mac" (no longer sold) that keeps it protected. One of these would also do the job;

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/78261

In days gone by I did take mine in as I could stand on it on the terraces, I'm only 5' 7" lol!

One England game at the old Wembley I was having trouble seeing the game so I moved as far back as I could on the terrace against the wall that was at the front of the seated tier. I stood on my helmet, had a great view and didn't block anyone behind me.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2014 18:04]

Stop boasting !!!!!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 21:26 - Apr 17 with 3152 viewsRamseyR

I take my chances and leave mine locked to the handlebars with a combo lock right through the visor hole. Wouldn't trust just using the helmet lock on most bikes. Normally park close to the ground so plenty of plod about. Not had a problem yet.

Could always try asking one of the pubs to leave it behind the bar.
Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 06:52 - Apr 18 with 3053 viewsKingy27

Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 21:26 - Apr 17 by RamseyR

I take my chances and leave mine locked to the handlebars with a combo lock right through the visor hole. Wouldn't trust just using the helmet lock on most bikes. Normally park close to the ground so plenty of plod about. Not had a problem yet.

Could always try asking one of the pubs to leave it behind the bar.

Cheers for the advice on that.
Taking a motor bike to Rangers on 09:43 - Apr 18 with 3004 viewswarwickhoop

Hi Kingy,
Its a strange one.I've been taking me bike for a few years.
I sit in Lower Loft and have always just carried it through, until this last season when they put a ban on it. I can't speak for the rest of the ground.
They offer you the option to hand it over at the Reception desk for safe keeping.
It adds about 20 mins to your departure time collecting at the end of the match.
I stumped up for a pacsafe (which comes in handy everywhere) and stores under seat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024