Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Amazing Spiderman 2 22:05 - Apr 19 with 769 viewsthame_hoops

Who's seen it?

Was sceptical when they rebooted the 'franchise' but thought the first one was excellent.

Can't wait to go but my kids are too young, hoping to persuade the girlfriend to go see it, probably on orange Wednesday.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 22:17 - Apr 19 with 752 viewsPunteR

Very average film for me. The action was good but nothing that hasn't been done in all the other spidey films. The girlfriend issues just drags on and on. Its set up for another film but green goblin character needs to up his game if he's going to be a classic villain like Joker.
Electro was pretty cool,best thing in the film.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 12:48 - Apr 23 with 602 viewsthame_hoops

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 22:17 - Apr 19 by PunteR

Very average film for me. The action was good but nothing that hasn't been done in all the other spidey films. The girlfriend issues just drags on and on. Its set up for another film but green goblin character needs to up his game if he's going to be a classic villain like Joker.
Electro was pretty cool,best thing in the film.

Agree with a lot of this

Without spoiling I thought the rhino was a but of an insult, they turned him into a clown like buffoon!

Effects are amazing, the way the spider suit ripples through the air made it look so convincingly real.

Will definitely be a bluray purchase
The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 23:48 - Apr 23 with 543 viewsLazyFan

Hi,
You will in fact get more Spidey films forever coming out.

Sony has to release a new Spider-Man film at least once every 5 years, or the license reverts back to Marvel. With Spider-Man 3 in 2007 and Amazing being released in 2012, they were right up against the wire. Had Amazing not been made, Sony would have lost the rights.

As they are also making tons of money you can expect them to keep producing. And then at some point stop for 5 years only to churn out another and another. Otherwise the rights revert and as Marvel is now owned by Disney this situation will never happen again.

Fox also own the rights to X-Men, Wolverine and Fantastic Four. But we do not know the revert contract details on these. We may find out with FF soon.

There are few other characters as well owned by others and some have reverted back to Marvel like The Hulk, Thor and the Punisher.

Blade is another interesting one as small company New Line owns it unless it has reverted and/or Disney do not want to make a Blade movie as he does not fit their clean image. We don't know the details of all these deals.

But Marvel (Disney) owns most of them. Along with Star Wars franchise, Disney now owns iconic characters for all genders and ages. They are thee Entertainment company.

Interestingly in the US copyright runs out after 70 years or so, but was extended by law recently so Micky and friends would not become public domain. In a few decades that extension will be up again, lets see what happens then!

zzzzzzzzzz

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 00:11 - Apr 24 with 538 viewsPunteR

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 23:48 - Apr 23 by LazyFan

Hi,
You will in fact get more Spidey films forever coming out.

Sony has to release a new Spider-Man film at least once every 5 years, or the license reverts back to Marvel. With Spider-Man 3 in 2007 and Amazing being released in 2012, they were right up against the wire. Had Amazing not been made, Sony would have lost the rights.

As they are also making tons of money you can expect them to keep producing. And then at some point stop for 5 years only to churn out another and another. Otherwise the rights revert and as Marvel is now owned by Disney this situation will never happen again.

Fox also own the rights to X-Men, Wolverine and Fantastic Four. But we do not know the revert contract details on these. We may find out with FF soon.

There are few other characters as well owned by others and some have reverted back to Marvel like The Hulk, Thor and the Punisher.

Blade is another interesting one as small company New Line owns it unless it has reverted and/or Disney do not want to make a Blade movie as he does not fit their clean image. We don't know the details of all these deals.

But Marvel (Disney) owns most of them. Along with Star Wars franchise, Disney now owns iconic characters for all genders and ages. They are thee Entertainment company.

Interestingly in the US copyright runs out after 70 years or so, but was extended by law recently so Micky and friends would not become public domain. In a few decades that extension will be up again, lets see what happens then!

Is that why Spiderman is not in the Avengers films. I'm sure there were cross over story's with all Avengers characters, also Wolverine and the X men.
Bit of a nerd, me. Used to get the comics,mainly Batman though.

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 00:24 - Apr 24 with 533 viewsLazyFan

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 00:11 - Apr 24 by PunteR

Is that why Spiderman is not in the Avengers films. I'm sure there were cross over story's with all Avengers characters, also Wolverine and the X men.
Bit of a nerd, me. Used to get the comics,mainly Batman though.

Correct.

He will never been in the Avengers films if Sony keep hold of him. While of course he appears in the Avengers comics all the time as does Wolvie.

The complexities of the deals also can a havea situation where Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch who are mutants from the X-Men world but also were Avengers could be used by both Sony and Marvel/Disney.

But in an Avengers film such characters could not mention the word Mutants, even though they are Mutants. And in an X-Men film they could not mention any of the Avengers characters.

How did this happen? Well before Marvel was bought by Disney they nearly went bankcrupt so, they had to sell some rights to get some cash in quick.

Now we have a situation where they will never be given up by Sony and Fox. In fact Sony lose money on all divisions except entertainment content. Sony would sell the TV making division before releasing Spidey.

Oh yeah Fox also own Daredevil, expect him to come back too.

zzzzzzzzzz

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 00:39 - Apr 24 with 522 viewsPunteR

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 12:48 - Apr 23 by thame_hoops

Agree with a lot of this

Without spoiling I thought the rhino was a but of an insult, they turned him into a clown like buffoon!

Effects are amazing, the way the spider suit ripples through the air made it look so convincingly real.

Will definitely be a bluray purchase

I think it was Paul Giamatti playing Rhino,what a bizarre cameo.

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 00:42 - Apr 24 with 520 viewsWanderR

Although I did think it was very unnecessary to reboot the Spidey films so soon I have to say I have really enjoyed the first new film in spite of myself.

Saw the new one last night and I was impressed again. The special effects are excellent but it's the relationships between the characters and performances given by the cast that impressed me the most - all are universally excellent - although with two or three villains to battle the Green Goblin felt a little underused.

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone make a much better pair (helps they are dating in real life I suspect) and Garfield actually sounds and acts like Peter Parker/Spider-Man whereas Tobey Maguire always came off as a bit creepy and weird and far too old-looking.

It also helps that Emma Stone is an absolute knock-out whereas I wouldn't have looked twice at Kirsten Dunst if I saw her walking down the street.

Current location: OX10

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 09:26 - Apr 24 with 449 viewsBluce_Ree

Don't think I'll bother. I saw a trailer for it and honestly thought it was an advert for the videogame. CGI hell.

The previous film was much better than the Raimi trilogy though.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 09:32 - Apr 24 with 445 viewsconnell10

its a kids film isnt it? just saying like!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 09:41 - Apr 24 with 441 viewsWanderR

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 09:26 - Apr 24 by Bluce_Ree

Don't think I'll bother. I saw a trailer for it and honestly thought it was an advert for the videogame. CGI hell.

The previous film was much better than the Raimi trilogy though.

False advertising to a certain extent. It's far better than that the recent 'Man of Steel' CGI borefest. If you enjoyed the first one, you'll like this one.

Current location: OX10

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 12:32 - Apr 24 with 419 viewsthame_hoops

The Amazing Spiderman 2 on 00:42 - Apr 24 by WanderR

Although I did think it was very unnecessary to reboot the Spidey films so soon I have to say I have really enjoyed the first new film in spite of myself.

Saw the new one last night and I was impressed again. The special effects are excellent but it's the relationships between the characters and performances given by the cast that impressed me the most - all are universally excellent - although with two or three villains to battle the Green Goblin felt a little underused.

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone make a much better pair (helps they are dating in real life I suspect) and Garfield actually sounds and acts like Peter Parker/Spider-Man whereas Tobey Maguire always came off as a bit creepy and weird and far too old-looking.

It also helps that Emma Stone is an absolute knock-out whereas I wouldn't have looked twice at Kirsten Dunst if I saw her walking down the street.

In amazing Spider-Man(2012) they wanted to show Starks building in NYC but couldn't come to an agreement with Sony, madness!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024