Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs 13:11 - Apr 20 with 2754 viewsqprewan

So my question is this; do we want the 1st leg to be at home or away? I know the conventional wisdom is that you want to be playing the 2nd leg at home but given our dreadful away form and the near certainty that HR will try and set us up for a draw in an away 1st leg, I have a real fear thst we could get blown away up there and be left with an impossible task.

On another note I hope that he puts Ned in ahead of Dunne as I feel that Dunne could be a liability against the pace of Wigan, I am also concerned about BAe and his obvious lack of interest at the moment, but given HR 's old favourites policy he will probably pick both of them.

What does everyone else think?
Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 13:19 - Apr 20 with 2735 viewsnewgolddream

Would like the 2nd leg at home but good point about Harry's tactics in a DW first leg. I'd have Hill, Ned and Yun in my team.
Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 13:22 - Apr 20 with 2728 viewskingsburyR

I'd have Dunne and Ned as my starting CB's.

Yun and Simpson either side of them.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 13:25 - Apr 20 with 2719 viewsessextaxiboy

Barton Henry .. away

Barton Carroll ..home

Benayoun Morrison Traore

Austin
Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 13:41 - Apr 20 with 2678 viewsJuzzie

In any two-legged cup game you always want the second game to be at home.
Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 13:42 - Apr 20 with 2663 viewsWeaverQPR

Id be inclined to to try and win at home first and park the bus away in the second.

@WeavQPR

Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 13:45 - Apr 20 with 2654 viewsJuzzie

And if you don't get that win at home?

When we played Oldham we got the draw at theirs and knew a win at home would get us to the final. It was a tough 2nd leg but being at home, under the floodlights and with an amazing crowd gave us the edge.

Let Wigan have the long midweek journey rather than us.
Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 13:50 - Apr 20 with 2628 viewsessextaxiboy

Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 13:45 - Apr 20 by Juzzie

When we played Oldham we got the draw at theirs and knew a win at home would get us to the final. It was a tough 2nd leg but being at home, under the floodlights and with an amazing crowd gave us the edge.

We will certainly have our part to play in the home leg . I wonder whether we have it in us to stoke up the atmosphere like that .

I cant wait TBH
Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 14:19 - Apr 20 with 2534 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 13:45 - Apr 20 by Juzzie

Is a Monday night any more of a 'long midweek journey' than a Friday night?
Login to get fewer ads

Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 15:22 - Apr 20 with 2445 viewsfrancisbowles

To state the obvious, the trouble with having the first leg at home is that you set the other team a target. Even if you are 3-0 up, if they score first half momentum builds and the crowd gets behind them. I'd be worried that we would cave in.

So for me, far better to have the second leg at home. Keep it tight away, Henry in front of back four and narrow midfield. Second leg LTC, more width and/or full backs bombing on.
Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 18:20 - Apr 20 with 2318 viewsJuzzie

Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 14:19 - Apr 20 by PlumsteadQPR

Is a Monday night any more of a 'long midweek journey' than a Friday night?

No idea, not seen the dates! I guess it's not a Saturday/midweek then?
Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 18:26 - Apr 20 with 2301 viewsstowmarketrange

Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 18:20 - Apr 20 by Juzzie

No idea, not seen the dates! I guess it's not a Saturday/midweek then?

Thursday and Sunday or Friday and Monday.
Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 18:41 - Apr 20 with 2269 viewseghamranger

If we get 4th, it's a fri and Monday
Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 18:54 - Apr 20 with 2235 viewsrichpr

judging by team selection at Leicester HR wants to finish 5th and play the second leg at Wigan. When we lose, he will probably claim that Austin etc. have not had enough match practice (having rested most of the team at Leicester). Then again, maybe he is right - nobody pulled a hamstring this week.

Of course we should be aiming to play the 2nd leg at LR - that's why the highest finishing team get to play the 2nd leg at home.
Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 19:11 - Apr 20 with 2204 viewsTGRRRSSS

Always go with home leg 2nd.
Almost certainly Wigan in the play offs on 19:21 - Apr 20 with 2187 viewsactonman

I think we all know if we have to get a result away from home then we may as well forget getting promoted !

Simply must finish 4th !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024