Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling 13:53 - Apr 20 with 1809 viewsMawsley_R

Watching the Norwich v Liverpool game and Sterling in particular. He looks fantastic going forward but has given the ball away cheaply a few times. I know it's all hypothetical but had he still been our player and played like that I wonder how long it would have been before we got on his back? We do love a boo boy.
Sterling on 13:58 - Apr 20 with 1778 viewseghamranger

He probably wouldn't be in the first team!! Will keane offside or a spurs loanee would be in front of him in the pecking order
Sterling on 13:59 - Apr 20 with 1775 viewsCHUBBS

Generally because they're on 50 grand a week(more than Sterling earns)and don't give a shit.
Players who come through the ranks on a reasonable wage will usually get patience and support from the crowd.
Before anyone says money shouldn't matter,its money that will put our club out of existence if our owners do one.
Sterling on 14:01 - Apr 20 with 1763 viewsSnipper

Regarding Norwich, what do the letters OTBC stand for on the back of their shirts?
Sterling on 14:01 - Apr 20 with 1762 viewsToast_R

If he'd stayed at Rangers he'd be playing in the conference south by now cursing the day he fell for the promise of a chance in the first team.

Glad it worked out for him, hope he does well at the World Cup
Sterling on 14:10 - Apr 20 with 1711 viewsdaveinmelbourne

Sterling on 14:01 - Apr 20 by Snipper

Regarding Norwich, what do the letters OTBC stand for on the back of their shirts?

On The Ball City, crap eh?
Sterling on 14:11 - Apr 20 with 1710 viewsstowmarketrange

On the ball city.That is the only song they have and it is supposedly the oldest football song.Thats why they have to sing it 50 times a game.
Sterling on 14:13 - Apr 20 with 1701 viewsCamberleyR

On The Ball City.

It's a song their fans sing. BTW agree with the above, if Sterling was still our player he'd be on loan at a league one team

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sterling on 22:24 - Apr 20 with 1428 viewsPetros

Just caught up with his latest goals. Obvious to me that he should start for England, in place of the overrated , sullen and dim witted Rooney. But does Hodgson have the bottle?
Login to get fewer ads

Sterling on 22:46 - Apr 20 with 1404 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Oddball tw*tty bald c**nts
Sterling on 22:47 - Apr 20 with 1399 viewsPunteR

Raheem Sterling should be the poster boy for QPR. Bringing youth through as Liverpool have done is what QPR and TF should be aspiring too and the fact we had Sterling as a youth shows its achievable, with the right structure,facilities etc.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 22:52]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sterling on 23:05 - Apr 20 with 1365 viewsTacticalR

Sterling on 22:47 - Apr 20 by PunteR

Raheem Sterling should be the poster boy for QPR. Bringing youth through as Liverpool have done is what QPR and TF should be aspiring too and the fact we had Sterling as a youth shows its achievable, with the right structure,facilities etc.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 22:52]

Has their academy been that successful? Isn't it more about prising youth away from clubs like QPR?

At least our Under-18s showed them what's what in Newark:
http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/310813-u18s-liverpool-report-1028207.aspx

Air hostess clique

Sterling on 23:13 - Apr 20 with 1349 viewsJigsore

Sterling on 23:05 - Apr 20 by TacticalR

Has their academy been that successful? Isn't it more about prising youth away from clubs like QPR?

true but they got Sterling at a very young age, about 15 or so. Do you really think he would have been offered the same level of coaching and got as good as he is now if he stayed at QPR?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Sterling on 23:34 - Apr 20 with 1293 viewsTacticalR

Sterling on 23:13 - Apr 20 by Jigsore

true but they got Sterling at a very young age, about 15 or so. Do you really think he would have been offered the same level of coaching and got as good as he is now if he stayed at QPR?

I don't know.

But it seems that we have become so addicted to self-flagellation that we're congratulating the people who've stolen our youth players!

Air hostess clique

Sterling on 23:41 - Apr 20 with 1283 viewsPunteR

Sterling on 23:05 - Apr 20 by TacticalR

The youth is on our door step, right facilities,structure etc,we should be able to keep players like Sterling . Stop clubs nicking them.

Sterling on 23:44 - Apr 20 with 1279 viewsPunteR

Sterling on 23:34 - Apr 20 by TacticalR

I don't know.

But it seems that we have become so addicted to self-flagellation that we're congratulating the people who've stolen our youth players!

They didn't steal him they just gave him a better offer.

Sterling on 01:15 - Apr 21 with 1211 viewsTacticalR

'We were trying so hard to keep him at QPR. It was like me and his mum vs Raheem and his agent.

I would be saying ‘You need to stay at QPR, you can stay and we will develop you’ and I had his mum at my side trying to get him to stay with us as well. On the other side you had his agent.'
http://www.indyrs.co.uk/2013/08/steve-gallen-on-agents-raheem-sterling-and-the-s

Air hostess clique

Sterling on 01:22 - Apr 21 with 1202 viewsPunteR

Sterling on 01:15 - Apr 21 by TacticalR

'We were trying so hard to keep him at QPR. It was like me and his mum vs Raheem and his agent.

I would be saying ‘You need to stay at QPR, you can stay and we will develop you’ and I had his mum at my side trying to get him to stay with us as well. On the other side you had his agent.'
http://www.indyrs.co.uk/2013/08/steve-gallen-on-agents-raheem-sterling-and-the-s

He made the right move, unfortunately. It shouldn't happen again.

Sterling on 07:49 - Apr 21 with 1143 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yep - for all those who say young players shouldn't make the move too early, Raheem is an example of when it can go very right.
Can't understand the OP really - thought he was outstanding yesterday. Everyone gives the ball away badly occasionally and can't say I noticed it much. Thought his movement and intelligence was a joy to behold.

Bare bones.

Sterling on 08:35 - Apr 21 with 1075 viewseghamranger

I think a clause was put in his contract that we get £10 million if he makes a World Cup appearance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024