Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£2,142,611 15:00 - Apr 20 with 1427 viewsNov77

That was what our players each earned on average last season according to patrick Collins in the mail today. Or over half a million pounds each per win in the league.

He contrasts it with atletico Madrid players who on average earned £400,000 LESS than our players, they finished 3rd in the league and won the spanish cup.

TF on twitter has called a fans meeting on 1st may which he will attend.

Item 1 on the agenda should be his explanation of how this came to be.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

£2,142,611 on 15:14 - Apr 20 with 1366 viewsstansleftfoot

The Average Wage for Premiership players was £1.56 million in 2012.
The source is Matthew Buck as the director of player management at the Professional Footballers' Association. He explains: "A contract will include a basic salary, signing-on fees, loyalty fees, objectives based on games, sub-agreements for image rights and any clauses you may wish to negotiate."
It's between £25k and £30k a week.
Clearly our desperation and inability to sign players has forced our hands with SWP, Barton, etc, etc...old news, or no news!
What's interesting is that the Fair Play Rules are trying to incentivise renumeration, hence the SWP rumours; Appearance-based deals can have their drawbacks for players though. Preston striker Kevin Davies, who spent 15 seasons in the Premier League, says: "I know players who have got within a game of earning a new deal. Then, depending on the club's finances or a new manager who doesn't fancy them, it turns out they don't play again."
The amounts of money we can't dispute, we are not shareholders, but we can question the sudden appearance of a player like SWP in a non-crucial game ( Leicester, possibly )
£2,142,611 on 15:23 - Apr 20 with 1341 viewsWeaverQPR

Tony will just get a round of drinks in down the bok and everybody will be putty in his hands.

@WeavQPR

£2,142,611 on 15:28 - Apr 20 with 1316 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wasn't this last week's news or are we just wanting to recycle all the bad news??
£2,142,611 on 15:29 - Apr 20 with 1305 viewsstansleftfoot

It's his money why should he explain? His responsibilities are keeping Amit Bhattia and the Mittals, and his partners on-board.
It's pretty obvious how it came about, what's happened is history, i'm more interested how we are going to go about the next three years not the last three years.
£2,142,611 on 15:31 - Apr 20 with 1294 viewsWeaverQPR

£2,142,611 on 15:29 - Apr 20 by stansleftfoot

It's his money why should he explain? His responsibilities are keeping Amit Bhattia and the Mittals, and his partners on-board.
It's pretty obvious how it came about, what's happened is history, i'm more interested how we are going to go about the next three years not the last three years.

My guess would be exactly the same. Buy big go showbiz.

@WeavQPR

£2,142,611 on 15:40 - Apr 20 with 1239 viewsNov77

Sorry but it's not just the mittals he has to explain to, under the new fair play rules we're under threat of transfer embargo because of the stupid contracts TF has handed out.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

£2,142,611 on 15:51 - Apr 20 with 1213 viewsDejR_vu

This football club really has turned into a very bad joke.

For supposedly astute businessman it's difficult to imagine a more amateurish attempt.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

£2,142,611 on 16:00 - Apr 20 with 1194 viewsJigsore

comparing us to foreign clubs is not the best thing to do

their is so much money swilling about in the English game, La Liga players earn peanuts in comparasion unless you play for Real or Barca. If you compared our wages to, say, Southampton or Swansea then it'd be a better story. But we already know how silly things got last season and to an extent, this season.

We already know how much we spend on wages and what a disaster it was. The article is old hat imo, a load of pish from a terrible rag.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

£2,142,611 on 16:01 - Apr 20 with 1194 viewsNov77

A lot of clubs are accused of 'buying success', but we bought abject failure.

That figure is the equivalent of more than £40k per WEEK. (No wonder odemwingie was so desperate to come here.) And that's only an average, many players would of have been on far more than that, yet they acted like they were doing us a favour being here.

£2,142,611 on 16:35 - Apr 20 with 1124 viewsCHUBBS

Had a few pints with a fella who works for the football authorities recently and came away feeling we are deep in it with them.
When i mentioned i was a QPR supporter his eyes lit up telling me they've been investigating us for a while now and sanctions will be implemented next season.
I said that our owners would probably fight this in court and he seemed undeterred saying all possible loop holes have been closed.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 9:37]
£2,142,611 on 16:51 - Apr 20 with 1100 viewsNov77

£2,142,611 on 16:35 - Apr 20 by CHUBBS

Had a few pints with a fella who works for the football authorities recently and came away feeling we are deep in it with them.
When i mentioned i was a QPR supporter his eyes lit up telling me they've been investigating us for a while now and sanctions will be implemented next season.
I said that our owners would probably fight this in court and he seemed undeterred saying all possible loop holes have been closed.

TF's instructions at the fans meeting, "adopt the position".......

£2,142,611 on 17:07 - Apr 20 with 1074 viewsqueensparkdanger

£2,142,611 on 16:51 - Apr 20 by Nov77

TF's instructions at the fans meeting, "adopt the position".......

...in a nutshell....the last one being Ian Taylor..
£2,142,611 on 17:40 - Apr 20 with 1028 viewsCiderwithRsie

F*ck. Ing. Hell.
£2,142,611 on 17:57 - Apr 20 with 993 viewsDiscodroid

this cannot be true.i refuse to believe it..i refuse to believe we havent learned our lesson.

i also refuse to believe the rio ferdinand story.

tell you what though gentlemen , reading this shit time and time again really makes me wish i had an 'on' 'off' button in my brain stem , so i could turn the lights out on this club...but what can you do??? ....do a david kid jenson and start supporting palace. FK that..

sing it sam...
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gon' come, oh yes it will.

queens park rangers football club...fu cking hell.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

£2,142,611 on 17:59 - Apr 20 with 990 viewsdavman

Its his money whilst he stays here, but in the event of failing to get promotion, what is his exit strategy as no-one will ever take that debt on. That is all I am interested in; nothing else matters other than will we have a club in 5, 10, 15, 50 years time for my boy to support?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

£2,142,611 on 17:59 - Apr 20 with 988 viewsCHUBBS

£2,142,611 on 17:57 - Apr 20 by Discodroid

this cannot be true.i refuse to believe it..i refuse to believe we havent learned our lesson.

i also refuse to believe the rio ferdinand story.

tell you what though gentlemen , reading this shit time and time again really makes me wish i had an 'on' 'off' button in my brain stem , so i could turn the lights out on this club...but what can you do??? ....do a david kid jenson and start supporting palace. FK that..

sing it sam...
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gon' come, oh yes it will.

queens park rangers football club...fu cking hell.

Yeah you're bang on,its hard to switch off the club you love completely.
Some sort of hibernation might be in order.
£2,142,611 on 19:25 - Apr 20 with 907 viewskensalriser

£2,142,611 on 16:35 - Apr 20 by CHUBBS

Slightly unprofessional of him, don't you think? Or just downright reckless if he wants to keep his job.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

£2,142,611 on 19:44 - Apr 20 with 890 viewsCHUBBS

£2,142,611 on 19:25 - Apr 20 by kensalriser

Slightly unprofessional of him, don't you think? Or just downright reckless if he wants to keep his job.

Well that's the reason i never divulged his identity kensal.
Quite a few ales were consumed and i suppose he trusted me not to plaster his name across football messageboards.
He'd obviously deny it anyway if i was the sort of tw@t who thought it acceptable to pursue some sort of recompense.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 9:32]
£2,142,611 on 20:40 - Apr 20 with 819 viewsthemodfather

is anyone suggesting bosingwa wasn't worth it?
or park
or samba???
fabio was a master class....cesar, waht was he one??? any guess from £80-120K a week, happy days
then there's swp...not a game since september til a subs show yesterday and £60k every week, on the dot and don't be late!
£2,142,611 on 20:40 - Apr 20 with 818 viewsCamberleyR

I wouldn't take much notice of Patrick Collins, the sanctimonious sh1twipe, he has form regarding us. For some reason he just likes twisting the knife.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

£2,142,611 on 07:43 - Apr 21 with 638 viewsessextaxiboy

Are we going to post every negative story there
is in the press over the next few weeks ..
I expect there to be many , especially from the Mirror , probably on the eve of the final if we make it .

Collins used to be a decent journo , now he is an old fart living in the past .

Why the fck should any private businessman have to justify what he does with his own money
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 8:09]
£2,142,611 on 10:48 - Apr 21 with 536 viewsNov77

£2,142,611 on 07:43 - Apr 21 by essextaxiboy

Are we going to post every negative story there
is in the press over the next few weeks ..
I expect there to be many , especially from the Mirror , probably on the eve of the final if we make it .

Collins used to be a decent journo , now he is an old fart living in the past .

Why the fck should any private businessman have to justify what he does with his own money
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 8:09]

It's been explained why above, fair play rules mean we could be getting serious fines and a transfer embargo because of these absurd contracts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024