Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London clubs 18:26 - Apr 20 with 1324 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Here we sit fourth in the table shoe ins for the play offs and a possible tilt at Wembley but hardly anyone is happy. It is hard not to believe the soul of the club is rotten and promotion would not change that. We all
Love QPR but hate what it has become. A bloated, short sighted and declining club that seems to have one aim premiership status without any plans for sustainability. It's like it will be ok when We get there again but it should be about how to get there and stay there. Anyway the point is this thread is to ask is there a London club in a worse position than us currently and in the next five years?
A few examples:
Brentford: On the up. Success within their means.
Fulham: Possible relegation but they have a fantastic youth set up that will set them up for future success.
Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I think our long and short term future could be the most precarious of all. What do you all think?
London clubs on 18:41 - Apr 20 with 1277 viewsTHEBUSH

Obviously the most visible part of our club, i.e. the first team has been a disaster, no need to explain why !!

I don't believe the soul of the club is rotten, although as the saying goes, the road to hell, is paved with good intentions.

Imo, some of the stuff going on behind the scenes are going in the right direction.

For me a new training ground and stadium are 100% necessary, so it's not all doom and gloom.
London clubs on 19:07 - Apr 20 with 1202 viewsrichpr

why does everyone blame TF and Baird - he lays out the money yet doesnt get involved in picking the team - he's got a new training ground + plans for a new 21st century stadium, he's lost millions and millions and most others would have bailed out by now. He gets a new manager HR who was everyone's favourite to be England Manager, he doesn't want to change the club's colours or rename us Queens Park Meerkats. Think back to when we lost to Vauxhall Motors in the Cup (not that long ago) and we were getting crowds of 6000. Any other club would kill to get an owner like TF yet all he gets is grief from so-called supporters. If anything, he is securing QPR's future.
London clubs on 19:13 - Apr 20 with 1185 viewsoldmeadoniansR

I'm not actually giving TF grief. I'm sure he had the best intentions if not methods and I support the new ground and training facilities though neither had begun . I'm just asking whether others feel that our shower and long term future is secure whether we are promoted or not.
London clubs on 19:16 - Apr 20 with 1174 viewsTGRRRSSS

The way the club has been run has been chaotic in terms of on field stuff, if the new TG and New ground comes through we will have a future but far too much overspend and short termism I admit and not sure Beared is fit for purpose in his role as opposed to the role he seems he's meant to be here for.
As I said elsewhere maybe someone else come in and let him focus on that side of things if thats his expertise.
London clubs on 20:38 - Apr 20 with 1071 viewsthemodfather

i want to celebrate a play off spot, have a regret for blowing top 2 but for now the debts, seeing harry lose the plot imo, seeing kevin "sodding" bond at every after match press call
have done my head in.
harry was given a real wedge to spend to keep us up, £8m for remy, £12m samba plus others, plus his wages and any bonuses....=failure ( damage was done early doors imo, hughes had to be sacked 3-2 loss at wba)
we have seen the team endlessly tinkered with, no tempo except slow, no plan b and no back up for austin. every game for months has been with an air of despondency and awaiting the play offs AND WE COULD COCK THAT UP! and not qualify!?
we are not in form, i see a tough game v watford, a kicking v millwall and a loss at barnsley , as we save players for any semi.
harry should be rallying the team and us fans for 2 huge games and maybe one even bigger. will he?no he won't.....and i hate phil beard too.
London clubs on 21:16 - Apr 20 with 1010 viewsfrancisbowles

London clubs on 19:07 - Apr 20 by richpr

why does everyone blame TF and Baird - he lays out the money yet doesnt get involved in picking the team - he's got a new training ground + plans for a new 21st century stadium, he's lost millions and millions and most others would have bailed out by now. He gets a new manager HR who was everyone's favourite to be England Manager, he doesn't want to change the club's colours or rename us Queens Park Meerkats. Think back to when we lost to Vauxhall Motors in the Cup (not that long ago) and we were getting crowds of 6000. Any other club would kill to get an owner like TF yet all he gets is grief from so-called supporters. If anything, he is securing QPR's future.

+1
London clubs on 21:47 - Apr 20 with 963 viewssix_foot_two

London clubs on 21:16 - Apr 20 by francisbowles

+1

" the soul of the club is rotten" what does that mean?
London clubs on 21:51 - Apr 20 with 955 viewsoldmeadoniansR

It's a personal opinion and based on my belief that core principles I have always associated with QPR have been lost. Commitment, courage and a connection between players and fans.
Login to get fewer ads

London clubs on 22:20 - Apr 20 with 892 viewsTacticalR

Perhaps it's time to support one of those other London clubs? They sound like they are going places.

Air hostess clique

London clubs on 22:22 - Apr 20 with 879 viewsDylanP

London clubs on 21:51 - Apr 20 by oldmeadoniansR

It's a personal opinion and based on my belief that core principles I have always associated with QPR have been lost. Commitment, courage and a connection between players and fans.

Its just meaningless words. "soul" "rotten" WTF does that mean?? Nothing. If you mean that certain aspects of the running of the club seem awful to you, why not say that? Instead you get all melodramatic and try to make it sound as though the whole world is coming crumbling down. Get some backbone boy and cut out the drama queen act! Sorry to be so rude, but in light of the fact that the team has done much much better than anyone predicted at the start of the season, this sort of hysterics are really overblown and tiresome.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

London clubs on 22:29 - Apr 20 with 865 viewsTacticalR

Wumbledon is another good London club.

Air hostess clique

London clubs on 22:34 - Apr 20 with 856 viewscarrotcrunch_R

London clubs on 22:22 - Apr 20 by DylanP

Its just meaningless words. "soul" "rotten" WTF does that mean?? Nothing. If you mean that certain aspects of the running of the club seem awful to you, why not say that? Instead you get all melodramatic and try to make it sound as though the whole world is coming crumbling down. Get some backbone boy and cut out the drama queen act! Sorry to be so rude, but in light of the fact that the team has done much much better than anyone predicted at the start of the season, this sort of hysterics are really overblown and tiresome.

Dylan for once I actually entirely agree with you for starters is fourth really that bad considering all the injury problems we have had and yes Harry has done a lot of tinkering but a lot of it as been forced upon him and also he has got rid of a few plus loaned out the ones still in contract with us that particularly don't want to give there all for the team what more can the man really do . I just think some of our fans are never gonna be happy unless we are a considerable amount of points clear at the top of the league it really isn't as simple as all that.
London clubs on 23:04 - Apr 20 with 816 viewsoldmeadoniansR

I don't want to support another club thanks. I will always support QPR but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion based on 30 years of support. I can't really understand why this relates to a lack of backbone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024