Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Maddix 20:57 - Apr 20 with 3231 viewsMedwayR

I have been reading tweets about treating former players better and getting them involved with the club whether simply as guests or as youth coaches etc and it got me thinking of former R's. Anyone know what Danny Maddix is up to these days, or gave any good stories or memories of his time with us? He's one of the best CB's I've ever seen play for us.

Poll: Who’s better?

Danny Maddix on 21:01 - Apr 20 with 3206 viewsCamberleyR

His wiki article mentions him coaching some Sunday league team.

IMO he was one of the best free transfer players we ever signed.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Danny Maddix on 21:04 - Apr 20 with 3196 viewsAntti_Heinola

Big favourite of mine. I believe he's a cabby, or at least was. Dale Winton once told me he thought Danny was pretty hot, which was a strange experience.
My favourite 2 moments of his:

1. Coming back from injury after about 2 years away, I think it was in that brilliant 3-2 game with Sheff Wed where Kev scored on his home debut, also Les and Trev scored - great game. Anyway, Danny came on as sub and near the end tore into the box, met a cross with his head and it hit the post. Would have capped the evening, that. LR was rocking.

2. Palace 6-0. In a dire season, Danny was the one rock we had - POTY by a mile. He was doubtful that day and was gingerly jogging around the pitch before the game. We needed him badly, so of course, he played, as he was captain and a great leader and the rest is history.

Bare bones.

Danny Maddix on 21:04 - Apr 20 with 3195 viewsCHUBBS

His forte was a man to man hatchet job on opposition star players.
I loved Maddix,he's one of my all time favourite players,a little like a quiet Clint Hill.
Would look well out of place in our current uncommitted greedy squad.
Danny Maddix on 21:05 - Apr 20 with 3190 viewsflynnbo

Saw a van at Legoland around 5 years ago with his name emblazoned on the side advertising sports physiotherapy.
Danny Maddix on 21:20 - Apr 20 with 3132 viewsCamberleyR

Danny Maddix on 21:04 - Apr 20 by CHUBBS

His forte was a man to man hatchet job on opposition star players.
I loved Maddix,he's one of my all time favourite players,a little like a quiet Clint Hill.
Would look well out of place in our current uncommitted greedy squad.

Yeah, can always remember the number he did on Georgi Kinkladze in 94/95 at LR in his first season at Man City when Kinkladze was their standout player (and probably the Premier League's at the time). In fact I think he's still in Danny's pocket today.

Danny Maddix on 21:38 - Apr 20 with 3076 viewsLblock

Spoke with Danny once

Felt gutted for him
He'd just seen Peacock move for large money, get a great signing fee and triple his wages.
You could tell he felt loyalty not being rewarded

Seemed a thoroughly decent fella and was a great player

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Danny Maddix on 21:40 - Apr 20 with 3070 viewsoldmeadoniansR

A fantastic player. We have been blessed with fantastic centre backs over the years. Commitment and courage. Wickes, McDonald, Parker, Maddix, ....... Shittu..... Hill, Donaldson?
Danny Maddix on 21:42 - Apr 20 with 3060 viewsCamberleyR

Big Bob Hazell!

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Maddix on 21:47 - Apr 20 with 3044 viewsoldmeadoniansR

I knew I had missed at least one legend. Peacock is not in because of his hair.
Danny Maddix on 22:01 - Apr 20 with 3006 viewsCamberleyR

Cyrille Regis is also still in Bob's pocket

Danny Maddix on 22:27 - Apr 20 with 2916 viewsBluce_Ree

Maddix was king. Best man-marker I've ever seen.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Danny Maddix on 22:37 - Apr 20 with 2884 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Danny Maddix on 22:27 - Apr 20 by Bluce_Ree

Spot on
Danny Maddix on 00:40 - Apr 21 with 2717 viewsAndyB

Danny Maddix on 22:37 - Apr 20 by carrotcrunch_R

Spot on

He never got the hang of Lee Chapman for some reason.
Big sod, good in the air, no real pace - no different to many others that Danny seemed to dominate.
Chapman just seemed to have his number.

Particularly remember the "Clough punch" game where we got done 5-2 at the City ground in the cup. Harrowing evening.
Danny Maddix on 00:43 - Apr 21 with 2714 viewsNov77

Him and macca complemented each other.
If the oppo had a big brute like a mick Hartford, or mark Hughes, macca could take them.

If they had someone quick like lineker, well no one was quicker than Danny.

Great player for us.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Danny Maddix on 01:41 - Apr 21 with 2677 viewsCiderwithRsie

Very fine player, can't think what Spurs were doing letting him go on a free at the time.

Can't say how depressing it is to read that allegedly the average top flight footballer earns £1.5 m per bloody year while Maddix is driving a cab.

At least he should have his self-respect unlike a lot of current players.
Danny Maddix on 09:06 - Apr 21 with 2535 viewsloftboy

Danny Maddix on 22:27 - Apr 20 by Bluce_Ree

One of his first games he managed to completely stifle Ian Rush who was by far the best striker in the league at the time.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Danny Maddix on 10:43 - Apr 21 with 2423 viewsAitch

Appreciated by the fans on the terraces but not by those who didn't see him week in week out. A bloody fantastic player who, like Wilson, could time a tackle so well he made it look simple at times. Was also as dogged as they come.

Would love to see him given some attention by the club.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Danny Maddix on 10:44 - Apr 21 with 2423 viewsparker64

Might be wrong but wasn't it Maddix who turned up late for the team meet prior to a game when Holloway had just taken over. Holloway who was best mates with him left him out and that was that.
Danny Maddix on 12:01 - Apr 21 with 2340 viewsLazyFan

Danny Maddix on 10:44 - Apr 21 by parker64

Might be wrong but wasn't it Maddix who turned up late for the team meet prior to a game when Holloway had just taken over. Holloway who was best mates with him left him out and that was that.

That is correct. Ollie said he had to do so, as not to have favorites. Maddix did sometimes havea poor back pass which once in a while lost us a goal as it got caught out. But apart from that was as a good a man marker as Parker or Macca.

Those three are why we were a top 5 club and top London club under Smith (who was a poor manager)

zzzzzzzzzz

Danny Maddix on 12:27 - Apr 21 with 2312 viewsBrightonhoop

Maddix was the back bone. And he didn't pull his punches. Saw him absolutely clatter an Exeter player to the ground as if he was playing against the best in the country and he had to stop him at all costs. Laughed my head off and nearly got it stoved in for that, the Exeter types around me were not impressed.
Danny Maddix on 14:55 - Apr 21 with 2223 viewsSydneyRs

'The shadow' as he was known. Great man marker.
Danny Maddix on 16:07 - Apr 21 with 2190 viewse4ranger

Danny Maddix is apparently driving a London Taxi for a living these days
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024