Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What did we learn today.... 17:09 - Apr 21 with 4229 viewsYorkRanger

* A fit Barton will be critical to our play off chances.

* Three at the back does not suit the personnel available

* Trarore could be valuable on the left of a 3 in a 4 2 3 1. He brings needed pace and width.

* Almost certainly LTC will play in the 2 of a 4 2 3 1

* Onuoha has to partner Hill in the centre of defence.

* without doubt we can beat anyone on our day....
What did we learn today.... on 20:08 - Apr 21 with 1195 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought we learnt that Doyle and Austin is not a front partnership certainly not this season. Zero understanding and often ran into the same space
What did we learn today.... on 20:08 - Apr 21 with 1195 viewsessextaxiboy

I think the playoff team will be

Green
Simpson Onhua Hill BAE
Barton Carroll
Hoillett Morrison Traore
Austin

4231 Murphy, Dunne Benayoun Henry,, Zamora .
What did we learn today.... on 20:15 - Apr 21 with 1179 viewsbaz_qpr

What did we learn today.... on 20:08 - Apr 21 by essextaxiboy

I think the playoff team will be

Green
Simpson Onhua Hill BAE
Barton Carroll
Hoillett Morrison Traore
Austin

4231 Murphy, Dunne Benayoun Henry,, Zamora .

I'd have Benayoun ahead of Hoillett for his goal hanging ability alone
What did we learn today.... on 20:34 - Apr 21 with 1144 viewsessextaxiboy

What did we learn today.... on 20:15 - Apr 21 by baz_qpr

I'd have Benayoun ahead of Hoillett for his goal hanging ability alone

Either way it doesnt look a bad side does it ?
What did we learn today.... on 20:40 - Apr 21 with 1130 viewsstevec

Would like to see Barton and Henry alongside in 4231 line up. It worked at start of season and don't see why it won't again.
What did we learn today.... on 20:43 - Apr 21 with 1118 viewsLoftusRdW12

* The playoffs will be a struggle, but we're in with a shout.

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

What did we learn today.... on 21:08 - Apr 21 with 1073 viewsterryb

What did we learn today.... on 20:02 - Apr 21 by daveB

main thing was that Redknapp is trying to get his best players on the pitch and did the only way we can with a 3-4-1-2 again, not sure it worked that well really and probably tells us we have to sacrifice either Morrison or the second forward to play a wide player. tough call really but well worth trying it today and possibly again next week so see if it can or can't work.

The only possible reason for him playing three at the back is so that Richard Dunne is in the side.

He is not one of our best players. He has become a liability who hasn't played well once in 2014.
What did we learn today.... on 21:46 - Apr 21 with 1039 viewsAntti_Heinola

What did we learn today.... on 20:02 - Apr 21 by daveB

main thing was that Redknapp is trying to get his best players on the pitch and did the only way we can with a 3-4-1-2 again, not sure it worked that well really and probably tells us we have to sacrifice either Morrison or the second forward to play a wide player. tough call really but well worth trying it today and possibly again next week so see if it can or can't work.

Dave.
This was our 44th league game of the season.
'Worth trying it out'.
Have a think, mate, please. 44 games in and we're still 'trying stuff out' to see what works? Seriously?
3 at the back v Charlton and v Blackpool should have told Redknapp everything he needed to know. 4-2-3-1 v Forest, although we lacked urgency for long periods, showed the team in its best light, and gets his best players in the side. I'm not sure why on earth he's so desperate to shoe horn certain players into the side.
Sacrifice Morrison? We're only in this position because of him and Austin mate!

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

What did we learn today.... on 22:28 - Apr 21 with 995 viewsdaveB

What did we learn today.... on 21:46 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

Dave.
This was our 44th league game of the season.
'Worth trying it out'.
Have a think, mate, please. 44 games in and we're still 'trying stuff out' to see what works? Seriously?
3 at the back v Charlton and v Blackpool should have told Redknapp everything he needed to know. 4-2-3-1 v Forest, although we lacked urgency for long periods, showed the team in its best light, and gets his best players in the side. I'm not sure why on earth he's so desperate to shoe horn certain players into the side.
Sacrifice Morrison? We're only in this position because of him and Austin mate!

I'm not saying we should be trying things out now but thats what he was doing today and can see his thinking in wanting to get his best players on the pitch, I don't agree with it and as I say he'll need to drop either Doyle or Morrison and go 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 to get the best out of the squad, I'd drop Doyle personally but would not be shocked if we started with this system in the playoffs
What did we learn today.... on 22:43 - Apr 21 with 978 viewsHollowayRanger

------------austin-------------
hoilett morrison benayone
-------henry----barton--------
hill dunne onoua simpson
-----------green--------------

yes the problem wih my team is id still keep dunne for his experience and heading ability id rest him v millwall and maybe even v barnsley

alternative hill for dunne then one of
bae ability but reackless and couldnt care less attitude at times
yun 100% effort but raw and unexperienced
traore ablity but goes off dreaming too often to trust
at leftback

bae hill onouha simpson
yun hill onouha simpson
traore hill onouha simpson

sadly i expect harry to pick one of

bae dunne onouha simpson
or
bae hill dunne onouha

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

What did we learn today.... on 08:42 - Apr 22 with 887 viewsYorkRanger

What did we learn today.... on 22:28 - Apr 21 by daveB

I'm not saying we should be trying things out now but thats what he was doing today and can see his thinking in wanting to get his best players on the pitch, I don't agree with it and as I say he'll need to drop either Doyle or Morrison and go 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 to get the best out of the squad, I'd drop Doyle personally but would not be shocked if we started with this system in the playoffs

I'd be staggered if we dont play 4-2-3-1 in the Play offs.

The problem with playing Henry and Barton together is that the link up between the 2 and 3 can be poor and the 2 ebnds up playing too deep, particularly if the central pairing is Hill and Dunne.

LTC or Benny have to play with Barton.

Almost certainly HR will play BAE if fit and not suspended.
What did we learn today.... on 09:59 - Apr 22 with 851 viewsPinnerPaul

What did we learn today.... on 18:01 - Apr 21 by QPunkR

Don't see how Barton's critical to our chances. Good free kick but we've got plenty of players capable of passing straight to the opposition, doesn't just have to be him.
3 at the back definitely doesn't suit us and Christmas Carroll shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch, not even to hunt for autographs.
Onuoha and Hill would be class at CB together, Dunne is increasingly error-prone.
Great hit from Austin, just gotta hope he's not injured himself celebrating it!

Barton - You're not serious are you?

He's everywhere, helping out at the back, winning the ball in midfield, starting attacks, cajoling, urging and yes b***king those around him.

Name me one player in our squad who contributes half as much as Barton to the team?

We're half a team without him.
What did we learn today.... on 10:32 - Apr 22 with 832 viewskingo

I think Harry tried out some options today, because he had players back from injury. He had to keep Dunne on, as the tall watford forward was causing problems in the air. Although Dunne didn't do brilliantly against him, he did better than either NEd or Clint would have done due to their size. Watford had everything to play for in that match and we had players who were under instruction not to get injured, especially as we had the cushion of another 2 matches to make sure of the play offs. That extra motivation from Watford nearly payed off but the extra quality we have in our side made the difference in the end. Despite what many think, I feel that we will be the team that everyone wants to avoid in the play offs, including Wigan.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

What did we learn today.... on 12:04 - Apr 22 with 811 viewsQPunkR

What did we learn today.... on 09:59 - Apr 22 by PinnerPaul

He's everywhere, helping out at the back, winning the ball in midfield, starting attacks, cajoling, urging and yes b***king those around him.

Name me one player in our squad who contributes half as much as Barton to the team?

You must be joking. Half a team without him? The Scouse fúcker thinks he's the Steve Gerrard of the Championship!
Have you noticed how many times he'll sling a long ball either straight out of play or to the opposition? A short step ahead of Christmas Carroll.

QPR - "shit but local"

What did we learn today.... on 12:31 - Apr 22 with 789 viewsDANRANGER

What did we learn today.... on 20:43 - Apr 21 by LoftusRdW12

* The playoffs will be a struggle, but we're in with a shout.

The play offs are a lottery but should we get Wigan, then we have managed to stop them scoring in both games this year so that is a huge positive. If we are away 1st then you play it safe, pack the midfield and have pace in the team from the supporting 3 (Morrison/traore/Hoilett). Benayoun proving to be a good option also.

BAE must not play in the away game but if we are chasing a win at home I would consider him an option. Defence is a worry and in particular Dunne but he has loads of experience and with a little rest now may prove useful.

The fact is though whatever formation we play and however poor we have been it is a chance for these players to make something of the season so maximum effort is the least they can give and we have quality to make a difference. Looking forward to it..
What did we learn today.... on 12:33 - Apr 22 with 765 viewsQPunkR

Yeah I think we've gotta ensure we've got the home game 2nd. It's a massive advantage in my eyes. Set the team up to be solid away (ie no Carroll, Dunne or BAE) and keep the tie close, then back to Loftus Rd under the lights with hopefully a cracking atmosphere (unlike much of this season).

QPR - "shit but local"

What did we learn today.... on 12:50 - Apr 22 with 746 viewsjonno

I heard a story yesterday that BAE has told Harry he will not play in the playoffs or the final as it's too close to the World Cup!
What did we learn today.... on 16:55 - Apr 22 with 669 viewsBlue_Castello

What did we learn today.... on 09:59 - Apr 22 by PinnerPaul

Well I agree with you Paul , the team is nowhere near as good without him , for all the reasons you stated.

Now Im not some sort of Barton fan by any means, Ive hated some of his past misdemeanours BUT Ive decided to put that in the past and just judge him on this seasons performances and behaviour.

He still acts a bit of a prat on twitter but when hes appeared on the pitch hes led by example and weve looked half the team without him playing.

In my ever so humble opinion hes the best central midfield player we have, try naming someone who does a better job in that position. He didn't have one of his better games on Saturday but then nobody covered themselves in glory.

The reason we have a chance in the play-offs is because we have Barton, Morrison and Austin available and with those three we can give anybody a game.
What did we learn today.... on 17:48 - Apr 22 with 639 viewsessextaxiboy

What did we learn today.... on 16:55 - Apr 22 by Blue_Castello

Well I agree with you Paul , the team is nowhere near as good without him , for all the reasons you stated.

Now Im not some sort of Barton fan by any means, Ive hated some of his past misdemeanours BUT Ive decided to put that in the past and just judge him on this seasons performances and behaviour.

He still acts a bit of a prat on twitter but when hes appeared on the pitch hes led by example and weve looked half the team without him playing.

In my ever so humble opinion hes the best central midfield player we have, try naming someone who does a better job in that position. He didn't have one of his better games on Saturday but then nobody covered themselves in glory.

The reason we have a chance in the play-offs is because we have Barton, Morrison and Austin available and with those three we can give anybody a game.

He was just back from injury on Sat .
What did we learn today.... on 17:57 - Apr 22 with 632 viewsAntti_Heinola

What did we learn today.... on 12:50 - Apr 22 by jonno

I heard a story yesterday that BAE has told Harry he will not play in the playoffs or the final as it's too close to the World Cup!

oh dear what a shame never mind.

Bare bones.

What did we learn today.... on 17:59 - Apr 22 with 630 viewsessextaxiboy

What did we learn today.... on 12:50 - Apr 22 by jonno

Sauce ?
What did we learn today.... on 21:02 - Apr 22 with 603 viewsderbyhoop

What did we learn today.... on 17:54 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

We've been saying 'the result is all that matters all season' - but the fact is for the most part we've been second best against any half decent side we've played. HR probably will make numerous changes again for the next 2 games, but that would be huge folly. What we need now is a settled XI, as close as we can get, and go into those games as confident as we possibly can be in our line up, formation, tactics and so on.

+1

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024