Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't get this forum sometimes 20:12 - Apr 21 with 5542 viewsBlackCrowe

We won. After a drab first half, we showed character by coming back back from a goal down to a very hungry Watford side with more to play for than us and scored two excellent goals and a cracking atmosphere by the end. We're guaranteed playoffs and this from a team so shot of confidence and character at the end of last season that many myself included suspected a mid-table finish this season.

Now the drama and chewed nails of the play-offs and the prospect of a day a Wembley amongst 25k+ of our own and a humdinger of a night in the pubs and bars of W12 should we win. FFS, what's not to like?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

I don't get this forum sometimes on 14:43 - Apr 22 with 866 viewsessextaxiboy

I don't get this forum sometimes on 13:09 - Apr 22 by TheBlob

Why do people think we'll go up next season?Grab the chance now and hang on like grim death.It's going to be the same set of problems whatever year you choose.

I agree, fines , embargos , etc all become a little easier with 80 mil in the bank and another two parachute payments guaranteed if we struggle .
I don't get this forum sometimes on 14:47 - Apr 22 with 853 viewskropotkin41

I don't get this forum sometimes on 14:16 - Apr 22 by stansleftfoot

Given the nightmarish managerial quagmire we've existed in for the last 7 years the arrival of wise, funny, canny Harry Redknapp excited me. Nobody was going to keep this shambles in The Premiership but Harry could be the start.
A child of Ron Greenwoods West Ham, the keeper of the kindergarten of English Football, Harry would conjure up a couple of twin Morgans or duplicate Lee Cookes for the Wings at Loftus Road, From Hayes and Yeading another Sir Les, a Club Captain of McLintock stature, a wizard-like Francis or Currie to drive us on.
He would settle down to nurture, banter, bully, cajole Fernandes and the players into a two to three year assault based on flowing football to arrive in the Premiership with an established Academy, spades in the ground at Old Oak, and a balanced squad of canny buys, new blood nurtured and educated in the ways of English, nay, West London Football.
We've arrived a couple of years early with a bunch of overpaid mercenaries and a few canny signings in the Play-Offs when most pundits saw us as favourites as Automatic Champions.
What did we get, an instant march to the top of the table with a side that nicked, plundered, and contrived wins against the odds against a background of resilient defending. Ultimately the defence floundered and our only goal scorer got injured, our part-time mercenary squad of highly paid loanee's and end of contract free's played their safest hands, least risked and least gained, the canny Harry was lucking it out, and here we are at the 44th game with two to go having secured a Play-Off place. We are likely to be approaching 20 points and 20 goals behind Leicester Champions designate before the play-offs start. It's not even close!
I feel as if I should be grateful, but I feel robbed, yet lucky the sneak thief hasn't axrse fxcked me before he left with my Girlfriend, Credit Cards and Car Keys.
The sight of seeing Charlie Austin, who I do love, desperately throwing himself to the ground in the hope of getting a penalty when it was easier to get the ball, two games before the seasons up, sum's up our season.
Charlie Austin is too good for that, but even our God's have been reduced to cheating. We don't deserve this, so maybe, just maybe, Harry Redknapp will finally settle on a winning side, and Wembley becomes a venue in which these players can finally prove to us over 90 minutes what they are made of. Wigan, I guess, to overcome, we've done it before. Derby in the final my guess, This lot will need their wits about them, but they will!
I'll laugh, I cried for the FA Cup, I cried in 1976, we deserved both those results....this is just a laugh....I cried for Martyn Busby, Waddocks broken legs...this is just a joke! COYRrrrr's!
I hope Harry Redknapp has the self-respect to leave us to our own future, I couldn't bear another year of this. Me, I prefer to lose with pride than win with shame, Enough Harry!

Stick it in an envelope and send it to TF.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

I don't get this forum sometimes on 14:47 - Apr 22 with 861 viewsessextaxiboy

I don't get this forum sometimes on 08:42 - Apr 22 by Rangersw12

The game is where people can express how they feel and don't see anything wrong with that to be honest

When was the last time a player played better for being continuously slagged off .

Confidence is what makes players and teams perform , you only get that by playing without fear of failure.
I don't get this forum sometimes on 14:52 - Apr 22 with 847 viewsTheBlob

I don't get this forum sometimes on 14:47 - Apr 22 by kropotkin41

Stick it in an envelope and send it to TF.

Yup,it'll get read.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

I don't get this forum sometimes on 14:58 - Apr 22 with 838 viewsPinnerPaul

I don't get this forum sometimes on 13:30 - Apr 22 by Antti_Heinola

I was watching the highlights from the Promotion season that Clive put up of the Leicester 1-0 win, with Miller's late winner and Paddy's great saves. The atmosphere and belief and enjoyment of the fans was palpable. This season that is simply not there. To just b;lame the fans for that for being negative doesn't go anywhere close to the point, or to the root of the apathy.
There was a joy about that team that Warnock instilled - it had steel and grit and belief, but flair and goals too. I think fans have good reason to be annoyed and bored this season, but that's not to say I'm not happy we're in the play-offs - I'm delighted in fact and I'm always very positive at games. But the underlying issues and problems are worth discussing and for me Redknapp has made far too many mistakes and worse fails repeatedly to learn from them.

I had a look at old league table today and its seems time and general negativity has impacted on our memories.

Yes that promotion winning team had flair, but with one game to go only scored 6 more goals at home than this season - assuming we score 2 v Millwall that's only 4 gaols different and even more surprising we only let in 15 goals at home that season - 17 with one game to go this.

Another one I noticed that surprised me , guess who's scored more goals at home; the wonderful, expansive, organised side with 2 of the best (largely) injury free strikers in this division - Burnley or boring,lucky, too reliant on Charlie Austin - us?..............Yep its us folks!
I don't get this forum sometimes on 15:16 - Apr 22 with 811 viewsQPunkR

I don't get this forum sometimes on 14:37 - Apr 22 by pomanjou

Lovely read, Stanley, tku.

Agreed. Stan, that was beautifully put

QPR - "shit but local"

I don't get this forum sometimes on 15:19 - Apr 22 with 806 viewsstansleftfoot

The Promotion season was a triumph for Warnocks managerial skills, Cleared out some old players, done on no money, no real stars, loss of form quickly fixed, unique solutions to differing problems, real creative and inspirational work with limited players. Lots of great goals, lots of great teamwork with players working in such a way to help other players out. Belief and Confidence, no fear, aspirational and totally un-arrogant. QPR; A small club doing better than they should!
I'd take a little of that going into the Championship Play-Offs!
I don't get this forum sometimes on 15:43 - Apr 22 with 776 viewsessextaxiboy

I don't get this forum sometimes on 15:19 - Apr 22 by stansleftfoot

The Promotion season was a triumph for Warnocks managerial skills, Cleared out some old players, done on no money, no real stars, loss of form quickly fixed, unique solutions to differing problems, real creative and inspirational work with limited players. Lots of great goals, lots of great teamwork with players working in such a way to help other players out. Belief and Confidence, no fear, aspirational and totally un-arrogant. QPR; A small club doing better than they should!
I'd take a little of that going into the Championship Play-Offs!

Sorry Stan . I dont agree with no real stars and limited players ... Adel Tarabt promoted us on his own .
Login to get fewer ads

I don't get this forum sometimes on 15:47 - Apr 22 with 774 viewskingo

I don't get this forum sometimes on 15:43 - Apr 22 by essextaxiboy

Sorry Stan . I dont agree with no real stars and limited players ... Adel Tarabt promoted us on his own .

I agree plus Walker and Routledge helped and haven't done too bad for themselves since either.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

I don't get this forum sometimes on 16:27 - Apr 22 with 736 viewsAntti_Heinola

I don't get this forum sometimes on 15:43 - Apr 22 by essextaxiboy

firstly, no he didn't - it was a superb team effort, with goals from all quarters and excellent goalkeeping. Secondly, what he means is, there were no 'stars' - ie: big names. Taarabt was hardly known outside LR before that season. Of clourse Adel was the undoubted star of the team, but when he signed it wasn't like getting SWP or Park or even AJ or Cisse or Zamora or Benayoun - players with international careers.

Bare bones.

I don't get this forum sometimes on 17:39 - Apr 22 with 687 viewsessextaxiboy

I don't get this forum sometimes on 16:27 - Apr 22 by Antti_Heinola

firstly, no he didn't - it was a superb team effort, with goals from all quarters and excellent goalkeeping. Secondly, what he means is, there were no 'stars' - ie: big names. Taarabt was hardly known outside LR before that season. Of clourse Adel was the undoubted star of the team, but when he signed it wasn't like getting SWP or Park or even AJ or Cisse or Zamora or Benayoun - players with international careers.

I am no rabid Adel fan , but yes he did . Of course he didnt play on his own and he owes a lot to the passing of Ale Faurlin but he was the differance between getting promoted or finishing mid table . Warnock said to Derry and co " put up with him and give him the ball and he will take you to the Prem " .... He knew he had a fast pass to his promotion bonus ..
I don't get this forum sometimes on 17:53 - Apr 22 with 674 viewsAntti_Heinola

I don't get this forum sometimes on 14:58 - Apr 22 by PinnerPaul

I had a look at old league table today and its seems time and general negativity has impacted on our memories.

Yes that promotion winning team had flair, but with one game to go only scored 6 more goals at home than this season - assuming we score 2 v Millwall that's only 4 gaols different and even more surprising we only let in 15 goals at home that season - 17 with one game to go this.

Another one I noticed that surprised me , guess who's scored more goals at home; the wonderful, expansive, organised side with 2 of the best (largely) injury free strikers in this division - Burnley or boring,lucky, too reliant on Charlie Austin - us?..............Yep its us folks!

Yes, but we scored 9 more away from home and we were a team that always went out to win a game - you can't say that about Harry's team - plus, yes, we faltered near the end before recovering and just getting over the line, that's true.
Your point about Burnley is negated a bit by the fact they scored 14 more goals than us away from home, which is pretty significant! And we've only really overtaken them because of the 5 v Forest, which was a bit of an anomaly. As I pointed out pre-Forest, only one team in the top 17 had scored less goals than us this season. That's pretty damning when you see the talent we supposedly have.
But perception is reality a lot of the time - we've felt quite boring, quite negative, too slow, too uninterested, too introverted all season. We just have - you only have to see the apathy in the stands to understand that. The facts - that we are 4th, we're in the play-offs and have scored more than Burnley at home (our goals at home is actually respectable, if on the low side before Forest - it's the lack of goals away that have cost us) all should mean that people should be more joyful. But many aren't, because we don't live our lives by stats.

Bare bones.

I don't get this forum sometimes on 17:56 - Apr 22 with 668 viewsAntti_Heinola

I don't get this forum sometimes on 17:39 - Apr 22 by essextaxiboy

I am no rabid Adel fan , but yes he did . Of course he didnt play on his own and he owes a lot to the passing of Ale Faurlin but he was the differance between getting promoted or finishing mid table . Warnock said to Derry and co " put up with him and give him the ball and he will take you to the Prem " .... He knew he had a fast pass to his promotion bonus ..

Well, I am a rabid Adel fan, and even I acknowledge that other factors were at play - plenty of goals from Smith, Routs, Mackie, Helguson for a start. Plus Warnock's infectious enthusiasm. But I also agree that we would not have gone up without Adel - totally agree. But he didn't do it on his own as you said.
Easy to say Warnock had a pass to a promotion bonus - but no other manager before or since, until Seedorf, arguably, has been able to get quite the same impact out of him and managers before him had no clue how to integrate him, so to say it was as simple as just putting him in the team and telling people to pass to him in the oppo half is a bit silly.

Bare bones.

I don't get this forum sometimes on 17:58 - Apr 22 with 668 viewsessextaxiboy

I don't get this forum sometimes on 17:53 - Apr 22 by Antti_Heinola

Yes, but we scored 9 more away from home and we were a team that always went out to win a game - you can't say that about Harry's team - plus, yes, we faltered near the end before recovering and just getting over the line, that's true.
Your point about Burnley is negated a bit by the fact they scored 14 more goals than us away from home, which is pretty significant! And we've only really overtaken them because of the 5 v Forest, which was a bit of an anomaly. As I pointed out pre-Forest, only one team in the top 17 had scored less goals than us this season. That's pretty damning when you see the talent we supposedly have.
But perception is reality a lot of the time - we've felt quite boring, quite negative, too slow, too uninterested, too introverted all season. We just have - you only have to see the apathy in the stands to understand that. The facts - that we are 4th, we're in the play-offs and have scored more than Burnley at home (our goals at home is actually respectable, if on the low side before Forest - it's the lack of goals away that have cost us) all should mean that people should be more joyful. But many aren't, because we don't live our lives by stats.

What happened to the" table never lies " ? Its full of stats .
I don't get this forum sometimes on 18:24 - Apr 22 with 652 viewsqueensparker

I don't get this forum sometimes on 17:56 - Apr 22 by Antti_Heinola

Well, I am a rabid Adel fan, and even I acknowledge that other factors were at play - plenty of goals from Smith, Routs, Mackie, Helguson for a start. Plus Warnock's infectious enthusiasm. But I also agree that we would not have gone up without Adel - totally agree. But he didn't do it on his own as you said.
Easy to say Warnock had a pass to a promotion bonus - but no other manager before or since, until Seedorf, arguably, has been able to get quite the same impact out of him and managers before him had no clue how to integrate him, so to say it was as simple as just putting him in the team and telling people to pass to him in the oppo half is a bit silly.

The Warnock season was so completely unexpected, that was why it was so brilliant. We'd almost gone down the year before and we'd bought a load of old cloggers (Derry/Hill/Mackie/Helguson back from loan) that nobody rated at all at the time. Literally nobody thought we'd win the league beforehand.

And that team was also massively lucky with injuries, unlike this one. If Derry, Faurlin, Taraabt and Helguson had gone missing for most/all that season we'd have been mid-table. Once we lost Austin/Phillips/Simpson/Faurlin this team lost a lot of its impetus and heart as well.
I don't get this forum sometimes on 18:47 - Apr 22 with 636 viewsstansleftfoot

I don't get this forum sometimes on 16:27 - Apr 22 by Antti_Heinola

My point is that Warnock created his side, he used his wits to get the best out of Taarabt ( He's difficult BUT, in a shxt QPR Premiership side he still looked great, in Serie A in an AC Milan side he looks great), Warnock accepted peoples faults in the conventional sense and melded them into a match winning team.
Adel Taarabt became a Star by Warnocks good sense and ability to manage. Surely QPR want to have players like Remy and Taarabt? What is this lunacy? Fernandes, Beard, Downes....it's Harry Redknapp.
Warnock persuaded the ' TEAM ' that doing certain things was for the good of the Club.
I paraphrase Harry Redknapp when I say " these are experienced pro's, I don't tell them what to do, they should work it out on the park "
Warnock got my unconditional support, it was fun, it was entertainment, we were flawed, occasionally bad but often gob smackingly good, not only individually "skilled" (routledge and if you wish taarabt) but also individually "willed" (hill, mackie)
We are now doing all the stats, as someone posted here, but there's no cream in the cake.
Harry Redknapp (not my figure) I learnt today has bought in 22 players, so this is his party, we play Harrys way and in Harrys set-up, and as we go into a three game cup, he's still trying different set-ups...after 44 games, 20 or so great results (dodgy performance) but during the last 24 we needed to change stuff, surely that's enough time to work out how to play with one striker or two, wing backs, or full backs.
This season, any season, every coach and manager, holds up fingers, show templates and can change the set-up from the side of the pitch, they did this stuff months ago and all week....it's hard to give unconditional support to somebody who is simply not working hard or well enough.
I accept our position however its been attained, but if we go up, I'll feel we've stolen it.
I look aside at Dunne getting turned by a lump, and laugh when Austin gets cramp lashing one home, it's a joke, it doesn't give me pride.
Jago, Stock, Sexton, Venables, and Warnock, why not!
Warnock and Redknapp are cut from the same traditional cloth, I'm just very surprised that Harry Redknapp hasn't got us to this position with a bit more panache, cockney humour, intuitive people management, I don't like watching it much, it doesn't look like the players look like they would do it, in a period of austerity, with £500k p.a pay cuts all round!
The problem is that the traditional British Manager have no real technical skills embedded by experience at the highest level. They will not survive in the Premiership...Harry and Neil just don't know the answers over a full season.
Harry Redknapp has got a performance bonus in here, he needs a year off to get his rotten knee done, he's dragged us into the Play-Offs regardless of anything other than the end result. I think with a little more of the grey matter we could have walked this League. This little cup is a real test of his ability and mettle, Fernandes publically trusts him, so I guess we have to as well. Each to his own!
I don't get this forum sometimes on 18:59 - Apr 22 with 625 viewsPinnerPaul

I don't get this forum sometimes on 17:53 - Apr 22 by Antti_Heinola

Fair points Anti, perception is everything, only 3 teams from 24 have had better seasons, if I can use ANOTHER stat , but you're right, reading this board you wouldn't think that was the case at all!
I don't get this forum sometimes on 19:30 - Apr 22 with 608 viewsessextaxiboy

I don't get this forum sometimes on 17:56 - Apr 22 by Antti_Heinola

Warnock

"Then I told the lads to give him the ball earlier. I knew some were unhappy with him but I’d already explained to a number of them we needed to keep him on board to get us where we wanted to be. No one else would score the goals to take us to the Promised Land. If they wanted to have a verbal with Adel we’d all lose.
I don't get this forum sometimes on 19:44 - Apr 22 with 597 viewswood_hoop

A lot of very good posts and many talk of how we have reached fourth place, thats where the crux really is for a lot of supporters, some will walk through brick walls to see us win no matter how, thankfully there are still a fair number that realise that though winning a game usually lifts the spirits no end there are ways and means of just how it should be done.

Of course our supporters will get right behind the team for the playoffs, a possible trip to Wembley and more is at stake, tickets will still be at a premium, despite having 'mogadon man' leading our players out, Rednapp has done nothing to enance our club, he has helped us become almost as despised as those other clubs spending vast amounts ofmoney to buy success, TF dosn't get off lightly either, putting the club into debts of nigh on £200 hundred million shows about the same amount of savvy as the lottery winner who blew the lot on cocaine and his mates.

Football should be about gripping you by the throat, the Man City game a couple of seasons back is a prime example, a team gripped in the fervour of winning the league title , little old QPR having to do something to survive, or hoping the football gods smiled down on us and others gave us a helping hand, ye gods that day was one emotional ride, from leading, having a player sent off, to goals at the death to having us praying those gods really were on our side in the final few minutes, what an end to a season, the best for many a year and we played a massive part in how it ended.

Thats what I want from our club, edge of the seat stuff, yes it hurts when we lose but you walk away glad you were there, the emotions that have come with supporting our club over the years you can bet beats hands down winning title after tiltle that the Man Utd supporters have garnered, they demand silverware, where's the real joy knowing you can beat the rest, when driving a Ferrari and the rest a Morris Minor.

The club will get great support throughout the length of time we are on this earth, maybe at times it can be a little anguished but it will be there, the players now have their part to play, as they always do, but just for a few games this season can it not be dragged from them as though they have been asked to take a pay cut, just for a short while can HR lay down a team and play a way that takes us to the nirvana of all QPR supporters, a club to be proud of.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024