Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
new stadium survey on the offy! 10:31 - Apr 22 with 8979 viewsconnell10

i just filled it in, aint i clever!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:24 - Apr 23 with 3030 viewsKonk

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:12 - Apr 23 by toboboly

No I think that is good, perhaps even slightly nearer/steeper.

I saw Spain v Russia there and out of the lads I travelled with to the Euros, all of us picked it as our favourite of the six grounds we went to — including the big three. Nothing to look at and looked barely finished, but brilliantly atmospheric, and even though we were in the back rows of the top tier, you were still right on top of the pitch. Row of barriers in front of every row of seats to deal with the steepness issues.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:54 - Apr 23 with 2994 viewsAntti_Heinola

new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:34 - Apr 23 by toboboly

No. Apparently giving a shit means you're a pansy.

that's not what i said, or what i meant, Toboly dear.
My point was that being against such an area just because you're worried about what other fans might think or say seems silly and short sighted. I just feel you need a stronger reason than that. If that reason is that you feel it will ruin the atmosphere somehow, that seems fine to me, although personally I can't see how a block of maybe 1000 or 2000 neutral seats in a 35,000 seater would make a lot of difference.
We're a London club and to that end we're bound to attract tourists when we're in the top division. I don't really mind if there are seats set aside if we're not selling out for such people to buy tickets. Totally respect your right to be against it, I just can't understand the big deal - hopefully you registered your disapproval on the questionnaire.
What time are you home tonight anyway? Am I cooking or are you?

Bare bones.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:02 - Apr 23 with 2989 viewstoboboly

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:54 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

that's not what i said, or what i meant, Toboly dear.
My point was that being against such an area just because you're worried about what other fans might think or say seems silly and short sighted. I just feel you need a stronger reason than that. If that reason is that you feel it will ruin the atmosphere somehow, that seems fine to me, although personally I can't see how a block of maybe 1000 or 2000 neutral seats in a 35,000 seater would make a lot of difference.
We're a London club and to that end we're bound to attract tourists when we're in the top division. I don't really mind if there are seats set aside if we're not selling out for such people to buy tickets. Totally respect your right to be against it, I just can't understand the big deal - hopefully you registered your disapproval on the questionnaire.
What time are you home tonight anyway? Am I cooking or are you?

I'm out tonight with work mates unfortunately. I did write it on the fridge though.

Ok, added reasons are atmosphere but the main reason is that we would look like tvvats. In my opinion of course.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:22 - Apr 23 with 2964 viewsAntti_Heinola

new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:02 - Apr 23 by toboboly

I'm out tonight with work mates unfortunately. I did write it on the fridge though.

Ok, added reasons are atmosphere but the main reason is that we would look like tvvats. In my opinion of course.

fair do's.
That's three nights in a row isn't it?
You weren't like this before we got married. When was the last time you brought me flowers?

Bare bones.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:26 - Apr 23 with 2960 viewstoboboly

new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:22 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

fair do's.
That's three nights in a row isn't it?
You weren't like this before we got married. When was the last time you brought me flowers?

Hic....what I do is none....hic.....of your business.....burp......

You never nagged before we got married......

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:40 - Apr 23 with 2948 viewsnadera78

We already do get tourists coming to games, and it's been like that for decades.

The difference is though, to actually design a new stadium from scratch and deliberately include a section for neutrals / tourists is something of a reflection of the state of the modern game. To say that we don't care who comes to our games, even if it means having 10,000 Man Utd "fans" as long as they pay for a ticket would be heartbreaking.

I can see why a club that cannot fill it's own stadium might do it, but to actually have it as club policy from the outset is a different matter entirely.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:54 - Apr 23 with 2937 viewsMatch82

new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:16 - Apr 23 by nadera78

That's what I said in the feedback section. If you allow space for expansion in the initial design surely that would prevent us having a tight, compact feel to the stadium?

I'm sure someone vastly more knowledgeable than myself will tell me this is nonsense, but...

If you had say 40,000 seats, would it be possible to cover say the top half of the top tier, with some kind of sound-echoey type material (that's a technical term), to keep the acoustics strong?

That way you could keep the capacity at 30,000 until such time it's needed to expand, and it should be a relatively simple procedure to change. In fact, if it's that simple, you could change on a weekly basis for the "big games" (assuming we're in the premier league)
new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:56 - Apr 23 with 2929 viewsBrianMcCarthy

new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:54 - Apr 23 by Match82

I'm sure someone vastly more knowledgeable than myself will tell me this is nonsense, but...

If you had say 40,000 seats, would it be possible to cover say the top half of the top tier, with some kind of sound-echoey type material (that's a technical term), to keep the acoustics strong?

That way you could keep the capacity at 30,000 until such time it's needed to expand, and it should be a relatively simple procedure to change. In fact, if it's that simple, you could change on a weekly basis for the "big games" (assuming we're in the premier league)

"with some kind of sound-echoey type material (that's a technical term)"

Ah, you'll need our sound-echoey type material department for that. Ted!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:01 - Apr 23 with 2919 viewsGloucs_R

new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:54 - Apr 23 by Match82

That was my exact suggestion on the survey!!! Dont sell the top tier to ST holders so you can partition off sections of the ground and hide them. Not ideal but interesting

http://www.covermaster.com/News/Seattle-Sounders-Qwest-Completed-with-Seat-Cover

[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 17:13]

Poll: Are we staying up?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:06 - Apr 23 with 2908 viewsGloucs_R

Quite like this three tier section at Millenium.....but with a sort of Kop end.

If they could make that banner cover the top tier you could get away with having two tiers for most games.

Poll: Are we staying up?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:11 - Apr 23 with 2899 viewsMatch82

new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:06 - Apr 23 by Gloucs_R

Quite like this three tier section at Millenium.....but with a sort of Kop end.

If they could make that banner cover the top tier you could get away with having two tiers for most games.

Excellent. And the Seattle Sounders are notorious for having a fantastic atmosphere.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 18:04 - Apr 23 with 2869 viewsnadera78

new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:01 - Apr 23 by Gloucs_R

That was my exact suggestion on the survey!!! Dont sell the top tier to ST holders so you can partition off sections of the ground and hide them. Not ideal but interesting

http://www.covermaster.com/News/Seattle-Sounders-Qwest-Completed-with-Seat-Cover

[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 17:13]

I suppose instead of having a partition covering the actual seats, you could have one that comes down from the roof to the top of the first tier. Kind of like a false wall, I suppose, that blocks off the entire tier. It might look a bit odd if it was a big tier but more acceptable if it was only 10 rows or so right around the stadium. Not sure how it would impact the acoustics.

I'd still rather we went for something sensible like 30K. That would give us room for growth of 12,000 on current capacity, which is more than enough.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 21:32 - Apr 23 with 2839 viewsE17hoop

Liverpool looking at a 3 tier design for their main stand.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/stadium/stadium-regeneration/the-main-stand

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 07:49 - Apr 24 with 2777 viewsandygg

Just filled in survey too.
Suggested they look at the design of Schalke stadium.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 20:59 - Apr 24 with 2667 viewsrrrspricey

Sorry if this is a spackman but not been on line all week and can't be arsed to read all the posts.

Am I imagining it or did the draft from qpr 1st have a section for grounds you liked/disliked?

For what its worth, 30k with opportunity to expand, 2 tier except single tier home end which should house the singing section and have a standing option.

Absofcukinglutely no to a neutral section, what next, a happy clappy thing on each seat? We're not fools ffs.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:20 - Apr 25 with 2582 viewsfrancisbowles

I understand the reservations about a neutral section but if we need it to fill the ground then try it. It's not as if they have to be permanently neutral seats. Just choose the appropriate location, wherever that may be.

Why not have a singing section in the middle of he home supporters and then may be it would rub off on the rest. Don't put all the pensioners together as that will kill the atmosphere.

Yes to a standing section. Then those that want to stand can go in there. Just don't reduce the prices too much and have to load the cost on the seats!
new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:20 - Apr 25 with 2556 viewsnadera78

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:20 - Apr 25 by francisbowles

I understand the reservations about a neutral section but if we need it to fill the ground then try it. It's not as if they have to be permanently neutral seats. Just choose the appropriate location, wherever that may be.

Why not have a singing section in the middle of he home supporters and then may be it would rub off on the rest. Don't put all the pensioners together as that will kill the atmosphere.

Yes to a standing section. Then those that want to stand can go in there. Just don't reduce the prices too much and have to load the cost on the seats!

If we need a neutral section to fill the ground then we've built a ground that is too big.

30,000 seats would be an increase of 12,000 on Loftus Road. Filling those additional seats would be extraordinary growth for our club.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:10 - Apr 25 with 2515 viewsfrancisbowles

new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:20 - Apr 25 by nadera78

If we need a neutral section to fill the ground then we've built a ground that is too big.

30,000 seats would be an increase of 12,000 on Loftus Road. Filling those additional seats would be extraordinary growth for our club.

We might need a neutral section to fill 30,000!
new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:26 - Apr 25 with 2496 viewsA40Bosh

new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:20 - Apr 25 by nadera78

But IMHO the board/investors are not interested at looking at the average crowds we obtained regularly in the Premier League for the last two years as the static maximum support base when considering how best to size a new stadium for QPR supporters over the next 20 years.

Surely, the intention is that the new "City" at Old Oak will over time provide new generations of support and whilst those "loyal" supporters who are now gnashing their teeth at the thought of all the 'Johnny Come Lately' arriving at the new stadium and polluting it within a neutrals section, the neutrals will begin to morph into QPR Supporters and eventually if the club succeed the size of the area reserved as the "neutrals" area will reduce and reduce until there are not enough seats available come the start of a season to even think about reserving an area for neutrals because members and the more casual supporters will be looking to buy seats not sold out to Season Ticket holders.

I am not saying that this is a realistic vision for the QPR as we see it today, but I don't think the board see QPR Support in general as this "closed shop" whose elite existing members view themselves as the only true supporters of QPR and therefore anyone who is not currently attending at this time, by virtue of the fact that they
cannot afford to go
currently live too far away
currently live abroad
currently work at bad times
currently are not actually born yet,

will be classed by these elite as the happy clappy, glory hunting, Johnny come lately plebs who should p*ss off to Craven Cottage.

They are building for a different QPR in a different place in different times.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:34 - Apr 25 with 2462 viewsfrancisbowles

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:26 - Apr 25 by A40Bosh

But IMHO the board/investors are not interested at looking at the average crowds we obtained regularly in the Premier League for the last two years as the static maximum support base when considering how best to size a new stadium for QPR supporters over the next 20 years.

Surely, the intention is that the new "City" at Old Oak will over time provide new generations of support and whilst those "loyal" supporters who are now gnashing their teeth at the thought of all the 'Johnny Come Lately' arriving at the new stadium and polluting it within a neutrals section, the neutrals will begin to morph into QPR Supporters and eventually if the club succeed the size of the area reserved as the "neutrals" area will reduce and reduce until there are not enough seats available come the start of a season to even think about reserving an area for neutrals because members and the more casual supporters will be looking to buy seats not sold out to Season Ticket holders.

I am not saying that this is a realistic vision for the QPR as we see it today, but I don't think the board see QPR Support in general as this "closed shop" whose elite existing members view themselves as the only true supporters of QPR and therefore anyone who is not currently attending at this time, by virtue of the fact that they
cannot afford to go
currently live abroad

will be classed by these elite as the happy clappy, glory hunting, Johnny come lately plebs who should p*ss off to Craven Cottage.

We should welcome any new supporters with open arms. Far better they come to us than the scum etc.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:40 - Apr 25 with 2461 viewswombat

new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:34 - Apr 25 by francisbowles

We should welcome any new supporters with open arms. Far better they come to us than the scum etc.

average season say 23 homes games ( we don't do cup runs) rest of the year grounds empty , those extra seats will be filled with coldplay fans, boxing fans and any other type of fans phil beard can entice into using the ground during the season

ill lay money on us having a roof which covers the ground as well to further increase the earning capacity of the ground.

London will need a smaller venue once they finally knock down Wembley arena ours will fit the bill nicely

Poll: which is your favouite foot

new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:42 - Apr 25 with 2459 viewsnadera78

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:26 - Apr 25 by A40Bosh

cannot afford to go
currently live abroad

I've heard this idea that 25,000 residential units at "New Queen's Park" will provide us with thousands of new fans from Beard and Fernandes, and it is quite seriously deluded. These are not 'new' people, they are not springing up out of the ground just looking for a football team to support. They will be moving there from other parts of London, England, Britain, Europe, the world, and they will bring with them the support for whatever club it is they currently follow.

Even if a handful of them decide to pop along to watch QPR occasionally, and it will not be anything more than occasional visits, then it would still take years if not decades for them to see the light and become QPR fans. And the one thing London has demonstrated over the past 20 years is that the population of this city is incredibly fluid. People come, people work and play, people leave.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:52 - Apr 25 with 2451 viewsJuzzie

new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:40 - Apr 25 by wombat

average season say 23 homes games ( we don't do cup runs) rest of the year grounds empty , those extra seats will be filled with coldplay fans, boxing fans and any other type of fans phil beard can entice into using the ground during the season

ill lay money on us having a roof which covers the ground as well to further increase the earning capacity of the ground.

London will need a smaller venue once they finally knock down Wembley arena ours will fit the bill nicely

I said in my response that I didn't have a problem with the ground being used for non-footballing activities (bearing in mind it's only used for football 20-25 odd times a year) AS LONG as the income generated is beneficial to QPR & the football side of things and in the sense of helping with keeping ticket prices, catering, merchandising etc reasonable. The money generated is NOT to go straight into the pockets of players and agents.

It proably will though.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:29 - Apr 25 with 2434 viewsTW_R

new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:42 - Apr 25 by nadera78

I've heard this idea that 25,000 residential units at "New Queen's Park" will provide us with thousands of new fans from Beard and Fernandes, and it is quite seriously deluded. These are not 'new' people, they are not springing up out of the ground just looking for a football team to support. They will be moving there from other parts of London, England, Britain, Europe, the world, and they will bring with them the support for whatever club it is they currently follow.

Even if a handful of them decide to pop along to watch QPR occasionally, and it will not be anything more than occasional visits, then it would still take years if not decades for them to see the light and become QPR fans. And the one thing London has demonstrated over the past 20 years is that the population of this city is incredibly fluid. People come, people work and play, people leave.

I know plenty of people who live in London who support teams in the North and Scotland who go and watch the likes of Orient and Barnet on a regular basis. Just because you live in London doesn't mean you have to support a London team. I suspect that they also hope to attract younger supporters that don't necessarily have an affiliation with any team.

I also think that there are plenty of non-British football supporters who live in London that want to watch games in good stadiums. If the "New Queen's Park" area is developed as commercially as suggested, then there will be plenty of foreign fans in the area too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024