Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
new stadium survey on the offy! 10:31 - Apr 22 with 9006 viewsconnell10

i just filled it in, aint i clever!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 10:42 - Apr 22 with 3101 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Filled it in too.

It appears to be based on the QPR 1st template that was on here recently. Why is it shorter, though?

Also, I don't like that it's thrown up on the website. it should surely have been sent to each member so that the harcore would vote in an accountable and auditable way. Now anyone who visits our website can vote, and many people who should be consulted won't be as they don't use the offy.

Hope I'm wrong, but this is slapdash, and smacks of a pretence at consultation.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

new stadium survey on the offy! on 10:50 - Apr 22 with 3067 viewstoboboly

new stadium survey on the offy! on 10:42 - Apr 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Filled it in too.

It appears to be based on the QPR 1st template that was on here recently. Why is it shorter, though?

Also, I don't like that it's thrown up on the website. it should surely have been sent to each member so that the harcore would vote in an accountable and auditable way. Now anyone who visits our website can vote, and many people who should be consulted won't be as they don't use the offy.

Hope I'm wrong, but this is slapdash, and smacks of a pretence at consultation.

Extremely good points Brian.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:22 - Apr 22 with 2980 viewsJuzzie

new stadium survey on the offy! on 10:50 - Apr 22 by toboboly

Extremely good points Brian.

Yup, it smacks of the same things as rival fans voting for the worst kit online.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:26 - Apr 22 with 2972 viewsloftboy

Wasn't keen on the question " how far in advance would you pay to secure your seat". Considering we would still have the current seasons ticket to buy why should we have to pay earlier than normal.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:34 - Apr 22 with 2945 viewsloftboy

Also asking if we want a neutral area, I replied " we aren't Fulham"

new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:34 - Apr 22 with 2945 views08olesen

I think it would be very sad if any 'rival' club supporters could be bothered to fill out a survey on the design of our stadium.

I think the reach is far more on the website and as much as we all think this stadium is about the die hard fans, it is integral that we earn a lot of the money from the trimmings that go with it e.g hotel, hospitality which is why they put it on the website.

Poll: Who will the other play off

new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:55 - Apr 22 with 2864 viewsnadera78

new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:34 - Apr 22 by 08olesen

I think it would be very sad if any 'rival' club supporters could be bothered to fill out a survey on the design of our stadium.

I think the reach is far more on the website and as much as we all think this stadium is about the die hard fans, it is integral that we earn a lot of the money from the trimmings that go with it e.g hotel, hospitality which is why they put it on the website.

No. This is our club, we should be the main focus of their questions not some dude sitting in Kuala Lumpur who hadn't heard of us three years ago.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:57 - Apr 22 with 2858 viewstoboboly

new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:34 - Apr 22 by loftboy

I went a bit mad at that.

After looking at all the questions it is really poorly put together. Why do we need a singing section? Why do we need a neutral end? Why do I have to talk about hospitality?

The seats need to have slightly more room, stay near the action and be cheaper. As long as that is ok then why the fcuk am I concerned about a "fan zone" or a "museum" or any of that other bullshit?

Get the team right, get the stands right and don't presume we are a sleeping giant because we are not. I can see this going extremely badly wrong and destroying the little remaining identity of our club.

Login to get fewer ads

new stadium survey on the offy! on 12:25 - Apr 22 with 2803 viewsQPR_John

new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:57 - Apr 22 by toboboly

I went a bit mad at that.

After looking at all the questions it is really poorly put together. Why do we need a singing section? Why do we need a neutral end? Why do I have to talk about hospitality?

The seats need to have slightly more room, stay near the action and be cheaper. As long as that is ok then why the fcuk am I concerned about a "fan zone" or a "museum" or any of that other bullshit?

Get the team right, get the stands right and don't presume we are a sleeping giant because we are not. I can see this going extremely badly wrong and destroying the little remaining identity of our club.

We don't need a singing section and we don't need a neutral section but no harm in asking simply to gauge the amount of opposition which I assume will be considerable.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 12:40 - Apr 22 with 2726 viewsGloucs_R

Singing section should be behind the goal
One end should have a kop, only the home end
Kids should be to the side of the pitch
If they are neutral fans, they can sit where they want. No neutral end
away fans - upper tier, out of the way!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 12:54 - Apr 22 with 2668 viewsqueensparkdanger

new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:34 - Apr 22 by loftboy

I replied the same but had a 'please no' before that, I made a similar comment after the singing area question, a singing area ffs!!
new stadium survey on the offy! on 12:59 - Apr 22 with 2653 viewsINFIRMARY

Survey = Lets (QPR) be seen to be transparent , however the views won't make one bit of difference on our plans for the stadium outcome

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:02 - Apr 22 with 2644 viewsnadera78

It's a shame there isn't an 'additional comments' section at the end. I could have told them to look at Boa Vista.

Personally, if you can picture Loftus Rd as an example, I'd have the upper tier of SAR for the corporate, family and disabled areas (with improved access from lifts and escalators). Stick the away fans in the upper tier behind one goal, away from everyone else. The rest of the stadium would take care of itself and people would find their own favourite spots.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:16 - Apr 22 with 2586 viewsGloucs_R

why are people negative about a singing section? We have one at the moment, its called the R Block. People sit in the R Block because they want to be in that environment. If you have a part of the ground where people who want to sing can be sat together and the acoustics are better than I am all for it.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:17 - Apr 22 with 2583 viewsRs_Holy

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:02 - Apr 22 by nadera78

It's a shame there isn't an 'additional comments' section at the end. I could have told them to look at Boa Vista.

Personally, if you can picture Loftus Rd as an example, I'd have the upper tier of SAR for the corporate, family and disabled areas (with improved access from lifts and escalators). Stick the away fans in the upper tier behind one goal, away from everyone else. The rest of the stadium would take care of itself and people would find their own favourite spots.

I mentioned Boa Vista as an example of a big stadium, containing many of the qualities of Loftus Rd, (in one of the comments sections!).
new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:18 - Apr 22 with 2580 viewsINFIRMARY

Juventus Stadium is where we should be looking , gives capacity and keeps tightness

http://www.info-stades.fr/fr/stade/photo/102

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:22 - Apr 22 with 2551 viewstoboboly

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:16 - Apr 22 by Gloucs_R

why are people negative about a singing section? We have one at the moment, its called the R Block. People sit in the R Block because they want to be in that environment. If you have a part of the ground where people who want to sing can be sat together and the acoustics are better than I am all for it.

Because if the team is right and the stadium is right you dont need a "singing" section. Loftus Road has a fantastic atmosphere on it's day and I used to sit in the middle of the Upper Loft.

We aren't Arsenal or ManYoo who are full of plastic fans and the die hards need to get together.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:24 - Apr 22 with 2540 viewsAntti_Heinola

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:16 - Apr 22 by Gloucs_R

totally agree Gloucs. The point of a survey is to gain opinion, so if you don't like something use the survey to say so. What's the problem?
As much as people hate the idea of a 'singing section' it actually makes a hell of a lot of sense for a new ground. Some fans love to sing all game and make a lot of noise, others don't. When we move grounds the R Block 'singers' could easily be dispersed all over the place - will be hard for them to co-ordinate all getting seats in the same area. So it seems like a pretty sound idea for the club to try and encourage the singers to sit together and help create an atmosphere, doesn't it? I don't think it means there'll be a conductor standing there with a song sheet or something.
As for a neutral area, after all the pathetic fuss on here about Korean people daring to buy tickets to see their national captain play football, I would've thought a neutral area might be a good idea too.
And as for it being online - these days that's the most likely way of getting a big response. Very few people would bother to tick a load of boxes manually and post something back to the club. Yes an email should be sent to all members, but I've been getting texts from the club about surveys regarding matchday experience for a few weeks now.

Bare bones.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:25 - Apr 22 with 2539 viewsGloucs_R

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:22 - Apr 22 by toboboly

Because if the team is right and the stadium is right you dont need a "singing" section. Loftus Road has a fantastic atmosphere on it's day and I used to sit in the middle of the Upper Loft.

We aren't Arsenal or ManYoo who are full of plastic fans and the die hards need to get together.

Yes I understand what you are saying, when we are doing well the place rocks....but what about the other 95% of the time? For me, all they are saying is "where shall we put the people who sit in R Block"?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:28 - Apr 22 with 2530 viewsJuzzie

Filled it out but it was painful to do. Was it just me or did anyone find it extremely slow and unresponsive?
new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:30 - Apr 22 with 2518 viewsQPR_John

new stadium survey on the offy! on 12:59 - Apr 22 by INFIRMARY

Survey = Lets (QPR) be seen to be transparent , however the views won't make one bit of difference on our plans for the stadium outcome

....and I bet you would be the first to moan about lack of consultation if there was no survey
new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:35 - Apr 22 with 2488 viewsloftboy

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:28 - Apr 22 by Juzzie

Filled it out but it was painful to do. Was it just me or did anyone find it extremely slow and unresponsive?

Worked fine on my iPad using wifi

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:37 - Apr 22 with 2470 viewsA40Bosh

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:25 - Apr 22 by Gloucs_R

Yes I understand what you are saying, when we are doing well the place rocks....but what about the other 95% of the time? For me, all they are saying is "where shall we put the people who sit in R Block"?

Exactly and to make sure they then stick the new family area as far away from it as possible!!

I think overall it was a reasonable survey. You have to take it at face value. They may or may not pick up on some new comments that they had not previously considered or had not applied much weight to previously, but at the end of the day you don't spend millions on hiring the top stadium architecture companies and then let a load of fans do the actual design.

If in their heart of hearts they genuinely attempt to take the soul of the club and its supporters into the new design then that is as much as we can ask, but some will hate it and some will love it, that is guaranteed.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:39 - Apr 22 with 2459 viewsJuzzie

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:35 - Apr 22 by loftboy

Worked fine on my iPad using wifi

ok thanks. Must be my crap IE9 at work!

edit: great, it's just crashed losing eveything I've put in the comments boxes!! I'll do it home where my PC/ipad works better than this utter piece of crap I have to work with!
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 13:41]
new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:43 - Apr 22 with 2434 viewstoboboly

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:25 - Apr 22 by Gloucs_R

If we have a season like last again a singing section will be just as quiet as the rest of the crowd.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024