Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
new stadium survey on the offy! 10:31 - Apr 22 with 9007 viewsconnell10

i just filled it in, aint i clever!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:53 - Apr 22 with 1451 viewsBrianMcCarthy

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:24 - Apr 22 by Antti_Heinola

totally agree Gloucs. The point of a survey is to gain opinion, so if you don't like something use the survey to say so. What's the problem?
As much as people hate the idea of a 'singing section' it actually makes a hell of a lot of sense for a new ground. Some fans love to sing all game and make a lot of noise, others don't. When we move grounds the R Block 'singers' could easily be dispersed all over the place - will be hard for them to co-ordinate all getting seats in the same area. So it seems like a pretty sound idea for the club to try and encourage the singers to sit together and help create an atmosphere, doesn't it? I don't think it means there'll be a conductor standing there with a song sheet or something.
As for a neutral area, after all the pathetic fuss on here about Korean people daring to buy tickets to see their national captain play football, I would've thought a neutral area might be a good idea too.
And as for it being online - these days that's the most likely way of getting a big response. Very few people would bother to tick a load of boxes manually and post something back to the club. Yes an email should be sent to all members, but I've been getting texts from the club about surveys regarding matchday experience for a few weeks now.

Antti,

My worry about the neutral zone was that it would turn into an away zone and there might then be safety problems if that scenario isn't contemplated.

I haven't thought about it much before, though, so it's interesting reading comments on here.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:58 - Apr 22 with 1442 viewsGloucs_R

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:53 - Apr 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Antti,

My worry about the neutral zone was that it would turn into an away zone and there might then be safety problems if that scenario isn't contemplated.

I haven't thought about it much before, though, so it's interesting reading comments on here.

If we go for 40k I dont think away supporters will have enough tickets!!! I can see Man U and the larger teams getting 8k.

Poll: Are we staying up?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:00 - Apr 22 with 1435 viewsLimehouseR

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:28 - Apr 22 by Juzzie

Filled it out but it was painful to do. Was it just me or did anyone find it extremely slow and unresponsive?

It's based on the J.E.N.A.S operating system I think...
new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:01 - Apr 22 with 1432 viewsBrianMcCarthy

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:58 - Apr 22 by Gloucs_R

If we go for 40k I dont think away supporters will have enough tickets!!! I can see Man U and the larger teams getting 8k.

Definitely agree with that Gloucs.

Would just think that the neutral zone should be sectioned as if it were an away zone. I was thinking back to the Millwall thread and there's no doubt that a bigger stadium will cause us much bigger safety concerns. the biggest one would be a neutral zone with online ticket sales. Little point in bracketing off Millwall fans to the nth degree only for them to pop up elsewhere.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:08 - Apr 22 with 1411 viewsJuzzie

A neutral section is a bad, bad idea. It might work at Craven Cottage but a) it's a smaller capcity ground that Old Oak will be and it's next to the away fans so will generally fill up with away fans anyway, I sat there for that trouncing we had and was surround by R's fans. b) if the neutral section at our new ground is next to the away fans they'll be subjected to abuse and why should they? c) if it's in a different block that'll be hell to police as you'll have away fans in different sections of the ground.

Neutral fans can just get tickets in amongst the home fans, what's wrong with that? I had two people sitting behind me yesterday. One was a QPR fan and the other neutral. Should they sit apart?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 14:12]
new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:20 - Apr 22 with 1394 viewsINFIRMARY

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:30 - Apr 22 by QPR_John

....and I bet you would be the first to moan about lack of consultation if there was no survey

No not first maybe 4th

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:24 - Apr 22 with 1388 viewstoboboly

No neutral scheme EVER.

Its for fckwit clubs only.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:33 - Apr 22 with 1374 viewsStanisgod

Is there a swearing section ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:10 - Apr 22 with 1326 viewsRangersw12

25k with room to expand

Close to the pitch

Safe standing

2 tier stands
new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:24 - Apr 22 with 1291 viewsJuzzie

I've got no probelm with all the non-football extra revenue streams etc as LONG as the money is used to help keep football ticket prices, merchandising, catering etc down and not just yet more money to go into the players already over inflated salaries.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:57 - Apr 22 with 1249 viewsnadera78

A neutral section would mean they've built a stadium that's too big.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:27 - Apr 22 with 1204 viewsEalingRanger

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:57 - Apr 22 by nadera78

A neutral section would mean they've built a stadium that's too big.

Which what they are definitely going to do regardless of this poxy survey.

#ambiton #caterham #daretodream
new stadium survey on the offy! on 16:59 - Apr 22 with 1161 viewssaxbend

new stadium survey on the offy! on 10:42 - Apr 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Filled it in too.

It appears to be based on the QPR 1st template that was on here recently. Why is it shorter, though?

Also, I don't like that it's thrown up on the website. it should surely have been sent to each member so that the harcore would vote in an accountable and auditable way. Now anyone who visits our website can vote, and many people who should be consulted won't be as they don't use the offy.

Hope I'm wrong, but this is slapdash, and smacks of a pretence at consultation.

It's a valid objection, but they at least provided a client ref field so have to ability to weight responses based on our attendance fdequency. It's question of whether they will, but at least we know they can.

I'm pleased that they let us add comments on everything. I felt I was able to say everything that is important to me, and even the silly questions serve that purpose by giving us the opportunity to say what we think of things like, changing the badge yet again, neutral sections and dedicated singing areas, and of course the family stand.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:01 - Apr 22 with 1159 viewsBlackCrowe

I despair on the general mood I really do. So the club are transparent and consultative to gather opinion of the fans over various scenarios and now the general feedback is:
- It's been hidden on the official site in a fait accompli kind of way
- the survey runs slow and is clunky
- how dare they have the nerve to canvas opinion on neutral sections, payment in advance, singing areas, etc

Previous regimes and many other clubs would not consult at all and we are moaning about it. Bastard club.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:12 - Apr 22 with 1145 viewsN12Hoop

The club should be commended for consulting and deserves the benefit of the doubt re their intentions. Sick of the negativity around everything the club does.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:25 - Apr 22 with 1138 viewsbosh67

I like the singing area question. I asked if that was classical or operatic?

Nice to see a survey up for our opinion.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:43 - Apr 22 with 1113 viewsBrianMcCarthy

new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:01 - Apr 22 by BlackCrowe

I despair on the general mood I really do. So the club are transparent and consultative to gather opinion of the fans over various scenarios and now the general feedback is:
- how dare they have the nerve to canvas opinion on neutral sections, payment in advance, singing areas, etc

Previous regimes and many other clubs would not consult at all and we are moaning about it. Bastard club.

Fair point, BC.

I'm on the record here that I'll never trust any owners with the future of my club, but I understand that not everyone will see it that way.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 18:01 - Apr 22 with 1098 viewsBlackCrowe

new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:43 - Apr 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair point, BC.

I'm on the record here that I'll never trust any owners with the future of my club, but I understand that not everyone will see it that way.

Well I know what you mean B-Mc but it's all getting fcking dull. Think the club are trying to do the right thing all the time, they may not be very good at it, but I truly believe that TF and co are not sinister and contemptuous like those in charge of Cardiff, Newcastle, Leeds, ManYooo, Westaaam to name but a few.

We're in the playoffs, possible final at Wembley, we're scoring good goals, Austin's back, The team need our max support for a few more games whether we like them or not.

And all we seem to achieve is bitching about the way the team wins, Tom Carroll being too slight and the club consulting us about the new stadium.

And I know it's our club (although it isn't really we just have an unbreakable bond), and I know we want things done the right way, and I know some of our players lack moral fibre, and I know that HR is probably past his sell by date, but the vitriol spouting from some sections of the crowd and indeed some on the various MBs makes us look spoilt and two-bit.

Either form a fcking protest group and do it properly or get on with supporting what we've got with all you've got. Just stop fcking moaning.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 18:12 - Apr 22 with 1084 viewsJuzzie

new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:01 - Apr 22 by BlackCrowe

I think that fact it was slow and clunky was more to do with my IE9 at work not responding properly which is why I asked if anyone else was having the same problem!

Personally, I'm glad we've got the chance to give our thoughts. I just hope they're used in a constructive manner.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 18:21 - Apr 22 with 1074 views08olesen

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:10 - Apr 22 by Rangersw12

25k with room to expand

Close to the pitch

Safe standing

2 tier stands

Have a very different opinion

28-30 with room because 25 doesn't seem worth it to me.

I wouldn't have safe standing just because it will be more trouble than its worth and if it went wrong its not worth contemplating.

plus, i think there should be a one tiered end similar to Dortmund and Liverpool.

Poll: Who will the other play off

new stadium survey on the offy! on 18:29 - Apr 22 with 1055 viewsbarbicanranger

first questions on the survey:

1. name
2. client reference
3. email address

that tells me that have key information to filter the views of those who really matter, they could probably look at responses of top 10 fans, top 100, those who have home and away season tickets, those who sit in SAR, those that sit in X block, etc. Too much skepticism.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 18:42 - Apr 22 with 1042 viewsE17hoop

new stadium survey on the offy! on 17:25 - Apr 22 by bosh67

I like the singing area question. I asked if that was classical or operatic?

Nice to see a survey up for our opinion.

Singing? I misread it as signing.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 19:00 - Apr 22 with 1023 viewsBrianMcCarthy

new stadium survey on the offy! on 18:01 - Apr 22 by BlackCrowe

Well I know what you mean B-Mc but it's all getting fcking dull. Think the club are trying to do the right thing all the time, they may not be very good at it, but I truly believe that TF and co are not sinister and contemptuous like those in charge of Cardiff, Newcastle, Leeds, ManYooo, Westaaam to name but a few.

We're in the playoffs, possible final at Wembley, we're scoring good goals, Austin's back, The team need our max support for a few more games whether we like them or not.

And all we seem to achieve is bitching about the way the team wins, Tom Carroll being too slight and the club consulting us about the new stadium.

And I know it's our club (although it isn't really we just have an unbreakable bond), and I know we want things done the right way, and I know some of our players lack moral fibre, and I know that HR is probably past his sell by date, but the vitriol spouting from some sections of the crowd and indeed some on the various MBs makes us look spoilt and two-bit.

Either form a fcking protest group and do it properly or get on with supporting what we've got with all you've got. Just stop fcking moaning.

I'm only worried about the long-term stability of the club, to be honest. The rest of the temporary concerns wouldn't bother me a whole pile.

I've said on another thread that I'm determined to enjoy the ride for the rest of the season, and I mean it. I agree that it's time to cheer up.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 19:52 - Apr 22 with 980 viewshoopstilidie

Boa Vista with seating in the corners.
Single tiered home end
Away fans in a corner top tier.
No neutral area whatever.
Rail seats a la Bundesliga.
Family area pitch side opposite the dugouts.
30k, if the need ever arises where it needed expansion then have the necessaries in place but it's not furthermost on the agenda for me.

That's about it. So long as they get the legroom sorted, keep the prices right and the fans close to the pitch then anything better will be a huge bonus IMHO.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 23:33 - Apr 22 with 888 viewsWareRanger

Just completed mine. Am glad that the club asked for my opinion.
Some interesting views on what people want which just prove that it's going to be almost impossible for TF to please everyone. So on that basis, people will just have to accept that they are not likely to get everything that they may want.
For the record, I'm definitely in favour of a singing section simply because I don't want to be sat amongst a load of idiots chanting 'your support is fukcing sh!t' and 'Your mum's your dad, your dad's your mum' all afternoon.
And why not have a neutral section? I wouldn't want to sit there but if others do and they're willing to pay their entrance fee then so what?
And I'd love a museum...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024