Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
new stadium survey on the offy! 10:31 - Apr 22 with 8980 viewsconnell10

i just filled it in, aint i clever!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 00:03 - Apr 23 with 1366 viewsPlumsteadQPR

new stadium survey on the offy! on 18:21 - Apr 22 by 08olesen

Have a very different opinion

28-30 with room because 25 doesn't seem worth it to me.

I wouldn't have safe standing just because it will be more trouble than its worth and if it went wrong its not worth contemplating.

plus, i think there should be a one tiered end similar to Dortmund and Liverpool.

Would that be the one tiered end at Dortmund that's home to 25,000 paying customers standing safely on Europe's largest safe standing terrace?
new stadium survey on the offy! on 09:48 - Apr 23 with 1293 viewstoboboly

"For the record, I'm definitely in favour of a singing section simply because I don't want to be sat amongst a load of idiots chanting 'your support is fukcing sh!t' and 'Your mum's your dad, your dad's your mum' all afternoon."

And where, pray tell, do you think those people are going to be sitting?

I do not understand this acceptance of a neutral area. If a neutral fan wants to go to a game they just buy a ticket and sit with the home fans, in a home stand. Fcking neutral end indeed. Cnts.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 09:55 - Apr 23 with 1283 viewsLincoln_Hoop

I for one am pleased the club asked me for my opinion. Great opportunity to send down my twopennysworth.

Main points:

- 30,000 with room to expand if necessary.
- NO neutral section. End of.
- Safe standing a la the Kop at Dortmund. I t would look and sound fantastic.
- I love the idea of a museum.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 10:09 - Apr 23 with 1273 viewsElHoop

I'm not sure how you would expand a ground that was already compact enough to in any way resemble the old one. Maybe you can do it, I just don't know how it works, so I'm not sure how you can make that response without knowing the facts. In the end I went for 35k and no expansion, as i think that we could get close to filling a nice compact 35k stadium with the right pricing and a decent team in the PL.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 10:24 - Apr 23 with 1258 viewsJuzzie

I too clicked "with room for expansion" but there are a few 'buts';

1) Extra bits added on may look $hit and disjointed compared to the rest of the stadium.

2) I'm sure it'll cost extra, having to take the roof off, expand, put the roof back on... maybe more cost-effective to build it big in the first place (like MK Dons [spit]) and just have the upper sections without seats until such a time is needed as the club grows into it - Many, many years ago, Sheffield Wednesday needed to remodel their Kop end. It was meant to be smaller but it actually worked out cheaper to extend it and tidy it up than part-demolish it. This ended up giving them more capacity.

3) If the drawings are anything to go by, the stadium could be hemmed in by other buildings and not have lots of space around it like the Madjeski, Pride Park, Walkers/Kingpower etc etc so access/disruption might be a problem so as per #2, it might be sensible just to do it in one go.

Ted Hendrix, if you're reading this, your thoughts on this would be appreciated.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 10:33]
new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:16 - Apr 23 with 1234 viewsnadera78

new stadium survey on the offy! on 10:09 - Apr 23 by ElHoop

I'm not sure how you would expand a ground that was already compact enough to in any way resemble the old one. Maybe you can do it, I just don't know how it works, so I'm not sure how you can make that response without knowing the facts. In the end I went for 35k and no expansion, as i think that we could get close to filling a nice compact 35k stadium with the right pricing and a decent team in the PL.

That's what I said in the feedback section. If you allow space for expansion in the initial design surely that would prevent us having a tight, compact feel to the stadium?
new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:37 - Apr 23 with 1204 viewswombat

new stadium survey on the offy! on 11:16 - Apr 23 by nadera78

That's what I said in the feedback section. If you allow space for expansion in the initial design surely that would prevent us having a tight, compact feel to the stadium?

depends on the type of stand they build , if its a steep tiered stand they would be able to add another level easily , if its a deeper type bowl effect bit harder , it would work out cheaper making it bigger at the start though , and less disruption so less revenue lost while works carried out .

id hope they build a bigger version of LR to be honest steep sides close to the pitch with a bit of leg room , away fans up in the highest part of the ground with a roof designed to lessen any noise made by them as well
lets see what happens , didn't they say they hoped to put planning permission in in jan 2015 so they must have some sort of idea asto the type of ground they already want and whats they want included in it

Poll: which is your favouite foot

new stadium survey on the offy! on 12:14 - Apr 23 with 1184 viewsAntti_Heinola

new stadium survey on the offy! on 09:48 - Apr 23 by toboboly

"For the record, I'm definitely in favour of a singing section simply because I don't want to be sat amongst a load of idiots chanting 'your support is fukcing sh!t' and 'Your mum's your dad, your dad's your mum' all afternoon."

I do not understand this acceptance of a neutral area. If a neutral fan wants to go to a game they just buy a ticket and sit with the home fans, in a home stand. Fcking neutral end indeed. Cnts.

if you're not sitting in it, how does it affect you? I don't understand.
Really, I guess it's for tourists if/when we're in the PL. I think it's not a bad idea in that respect.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

new stadium survey on the offy! on 12:22 - Apr 23 with 1177 viewstoboboly

new stadium survey on the offy! on 12:14 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

if you're not sitting in it, how does it affect you? I don't understand.
Really, I guess it's for tourists if/when we're in the PL. I think it's not a bad idea in that respect.

We will have to agree to disagree. In my opinion it makes us look as shitty as Fulham. The fact we need a "neutral" section cos we are so tin pot that our own fans cant even get the attendance anywhere near capacity.

If someone who is a neutral supporter wanted to go to a game, then they can just buy a ticket in the home end. Like I do if I go to a new ground. Why on earth would we need a "neutral" end? If there are tickets to be sold then they can buy up the home tickets if they become available on general sale.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 12:31 - Apr 23 with 1158 viewsrobith

new stadium survey on the offy! on 09:48 - Apr 23 by toboboly

Totally agreed on the neutral end. Are QPR fans so threatening that a neutral fan can't come to Loftus Road and watch a game of football in the home end? I've brought plenty of neutrals with me over the years and been a neutral at other grounds. I find it's the best way to find out the psyche of the club and how the fans feel and get a better feel for them
new stadium survey on the offy! on 12:54 - Apr 23 with 1135 viewsKonk

new stadium survey on the offy! on 12:31 - Apr 23 by robith

Totally agreed on the neutral end. Are QPR fans so threatening that a neutral fan can't come to Loftus Road and watch a game of football in the home end? I've brought plenty of neutrals with me over the years and been a neutral at other grounds. I find it's the best way to find out the psyche of the club and how the fans feel and get a better feel for them

Just to clarify, as was explained to me by someone who’d spoken with the club, the reason we have a neutral end - the term “unsegregated” would be more accurate — is that once the away end was sold-out, we were obliged by the police to take home tickets off general sale and only sell remaining tickets in home sections to either season-ticket holders, members or people with booking history. Because our fans have a reputation for good behaviour, the police agreed to give it a whirl and they’ve had no trouble with it since.

The “neutral” section of the Putney end has enabled us to have tickets on general sale right up until kick-off/a game sells-out and surprisingly, I’ve never heard of any bother in there. I’ve sat in there a couple of times for some less glamorous games without huge away support and it’s been a combination of Fulham fans, tourists/day-trippers and away fans. When we play Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal, that half of the Putney is generally banged-out with away fans because they’re the once-or-twice-a-season mob who are happy paying £55+ for a ticket to see their team, and snap them up the minute they go on sale (or the touts do) — when we play WBA, Stoke etc, when we score you’ll see it’s mainly home fans. We’ve had no problems at all in there and once you get used to sitting in an unsegregated section, it’s alright. For important games like Norwich, Hull and Palace at home this season, it’s been suspended and only home fans with booking records can get hold of tickets.

Not sure if it’s necessary or would work at other clubs, but in terms of filling our ground and allowing non season ticket holders or members to watch a game, it’s been a success.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:11 - Apr 23 with 1122 viewssimmo

new stadium survey on the offy! on 19:52 - Apr 22 by hoopstilidie

Boa Vista with seating in the corners.
Single tiered home end
Away fans in a corner top tier.
No neutral area whatever.
Rail seats a la Bundesliga.
Family area pitch side opposite the dugouts.
30k, if the need ever arises where it needed expansion then have the necessaries in place but it's not furthermost on the agenda for me.

That's about it. So long as they get the legroom sorted, keep the prices right and the fans close to the pitch then anything better will be a huge bonus IMHO.

Basically this, although I think it's important to have enough family facilities available in the family section. Games area, face painting or whatever, it makes a huge difference and is so important to hook the kids.

Everything else is how I answered the survey and nobody should be annoyed by asking questions about things they don't want. If they ask and the vast majority reject it, that is good.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:19 - Apr 23 with 1109 viewsTW_R

I received an email from the club today about this survey. I'm assuming anyone else on their mailing list got it too?

I agree with BC and Antti. It's a survey FFS. Some of the negativity on here lately is beyond bizarre. If you want to fill it in go ahead, if you don't, then don't!! As said already, the same people would be moaning if they just went ahead an built the f*cking thing.
new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:40 - Apr 23 with 1081 viewsAntti_Heinola

new stadium survey on the offy! on 12:22 - Apr 23 by toboboly

We will have to agree to disagree. In my opinion it makes us look as shitty as Fulham. The fact we need a "neutral" section cos we are so tin pot that our own fans cant even get the attendance anywhere near capacity.

If someone who is a neutral supporter wanted to go to a game, then they can just buy a ticket in the home end. Like I do if I go to a new ground. Why on earth would we need a "neutral" end? If there are tickets to be sold then they can buy up the home tickets if they become available on general sale.

why on earth would you, or anyone else give a flying F what any other fans think? Why do fans get so hung about stuff like this? It's like worrying about your mates laughing at you for not having Nike trainers! Seems pathetic to me.
Konk's explanation above seems eminently reasonable and sensible.

Bare bones.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:52 - Apr 23 with 1071 viewsheadhoops

had no trouble filling in the form. But had to put my foot down and stipulate I would only buy a season ticket if it was in the Percy Daltons Monkey Nut Stand which has no families but plenty of singing.

30,000, close to pitch, away fans banished a la Sunderland, more leg room and cheaper tickets.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:55 - Apr 23 with 1068 viewstoboboly

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:40 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

why on earth would you, or anyone else give a flying F what any other fans think? Why do fans get so hung about stuff like this? It's like worrying about your mates laughing at you for not having Nike trainers! Seems pathetic to me.
Konk's explanation above seems eminently reasonable and sensible.

Well as I said we will have to agree to disagree. I have decided, as well as others on here, to give a flying fck about something. I am terribly sorry that in giving a flying fck about it I have dented your sensibilities. I trust that you will not be too upset either today or for the rest of the week and will be able to face the world outside your front door without crying.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:13 - Apr 23 with 1045 viewsAntti_Heinola

new stadium survey on the offy! on 13:55 - Apr 23 by toboboly

Well as I said we will have to agree to disagree. I have decided, as well as others on here, to give a flying fck about something. I am terribly sorry that in giving a flying fck about it I have dented your sensibilities. I trust that you will not be too upset either today or for the rest of the week and will be able to face the world outside your front door without crying.

don't get too upset darling. i'm not upset at all. as i said, i can't understand why you'd get so upset about what other fans think. i couldn't give a rat's ass what you think of me, for example! you haven't damaged my sensibilities at all, i was just looking for an explanation as to why you so vehemently hate the idea of a neutral section and all you gave me was that you were worried that fans of other clubs would laugh at you. just seems a bit childish to me, but as you say, agree to disagree and we'll remain best friends and occasional lovers, yes?

Bare bones.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:22 - Apr 23 with 1027 viewstoboboly

new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:13 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

don't get too upset darling. i'm not upset at all. as i said, i can't understand why you'd get so upset about what other fans think. i couldn't give a rat's ass what you think of me, for example! you haven't damaged my sensibilities at all, i was just looking for an explanation as to why you so vehemently hate the idea of a neutral section and all you gave me was that you were worried that fans of other clubs would laugh at you. just seems a bit childish to me, but as you say, agree to disagree and we'll remain best friends and occasional lovers, yes?

I am afraid it is too late for me, next you'll be suggesting a menage a trois with a neutral.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:32 - Apr 23 with 1017 viewsRangersw12

For me a neutral end is pathetic if we haven't enough fans to fill the ground then build it smaller no point trying to be something we're not

If people are happy giving up a section to a load of plums not caring which team won or worse case full of away fans then they need their head testing ,for a start it would ruin the atmosphere and also give the away fans an advantage of having more fans than allocated

Fulham's atmosphere is awful and I know the acoustics are not great at the cottage but I'm sure having the neutral end has contributed towards it
new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:32 - Apr 23 with 1017 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's all getting a bit fraught and it's easy to see why. This is by far the biggest issue facing the club and all views are important.

Some people are more worries than others, and there's no point biting their heads off, in fairness.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:34 - Apr 23 with 1015 viewstoboboly

new stadium survey on the offy! on 14:32 - Apr 23 by Rangersw12

For me a neutral end is pathetic if we haven't enough fans to fill the ground then build it smaller no point trying to be something we're not

If people are happy giving up a section to a load of plums not caring which team won or worse case full of away fans then they need their head testing ,for a start it would ruin the atmosphere and also give the away fans an advantage of having more fans than allocated

Fulham's atmosphere is awful and I know the acoustics are not great at the cottage but I'm sure having the neutral end has contributed towards it

No. Apparently giving a shit means you're a pansy.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:01 - Apr 23 with 993 viewsGloucs_R

Anyone else think that its a bit too steep?

Poll: Are we staying up?

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:04 - Apr 23 with 986 viewsWeaverQPR

Anyone remember when Arsenal had that cut out stand with fans painted on when one of their stands was being refurbed. We might need that should TF still plump for 40k.

@WeavQPR

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:12 - Apr 23 with 965 viewstoboboly

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:01 - Apr 23 by Gloucs_R

Anyone else think that its a bit too steep?

No I think that is good, perhaps even slightly nearer/steeper.

new stadium survey on the offy! on 15:18 - Apr 23 with 958 viewsGloucs_R

and they would want to add at least another 7k on to that.

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024