Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was Moyes really given time ? 17:30 - Apr 22 with 2273 viewsQPR1882

Was Moyes really given time ? on 11:36 - Apr 25 with 566 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What's pleased me about this is that it's revealed just how fickle most fans of big clubs are. They will be constantly reminded that they stopped watching the telly in this, the first season they were asked to display loyalty.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Was Moyes really given time ? on 11:51 - Apr 25 with 551 viewsA40Bosh

Was Moyes really given time ? on 23:57 - Apr 23 by PunteR

No he wasn't. Ferguson scared the crap out of his players and demanded respect. Soon as he left i think the players acted like when the supply teacher came in.
He had an impossible job.

That is an excellent analogy - perfect!

Ferguson was in power long before most of the current playing squad were out of nappies and I presume it was "my way or the highway" for players coming through the 1st team over the years - hence exits for Becks and Keane and probably a handful of others when they started thinking they were top dog.

Moyes' big mistake was to get rid of all the backroom staff and suddenly you had an us and them situation between the management team and the playing staff and the perceived player power that is in the modern club set up meant that when the new management team tried to inflict change (there are a lot of coded comments about training methods) the players weren't having it and Moyes did not have the time nor the authority to stamp down on a sufficient number of them to get them to toe the line.

However, as someone else has already said, this sacking was more the Man Utd PLC market driven reaction to the realization that next season would not bring Champions League football and that as a direct result of that the "brand" performance and as a result the PLC performance would suffer and business does not allow time for adjustment. When you are an established leader in your market, if you have to change the engines on your plane then you do it mid flight, there is no grounding the flight whilst you tinker about with it.

Once Wenger goes from Arsenal you will have exactly the same scenario at The Emirates.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Was Moyes really given time ? on 11:55 - Apr 25 with 537 viewsPommyhoop

I so hope they pick a 'wrongen' again to manage them and 10 months from now we are having this same conversation.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Was Moyes really given time ? on 12:06 - Apr 25 with 516 viewspaulparker

is anyone really surprised it didn't work out
the best time to take this job was always the bloke after Red Nose
spoke to a season ticket holder at work who goes (dad was born a manc) he said the best thing for them is to not qualify for the champions league for the next 2 years so all the hangers on go off and support someone else and they keep the die hards

getting back to the football fergie although winning the league a couple of times in the last 5 years really left them in the s hit with bad buys and getting rid of players
ie he fooked off Pogba & Morrison as he couldn't handle them ( he also pi ssed off rooney)
he then buys an ageing injury prone van persie, Ashley young, Buttner, an over rated Kagawa ,all for big bucks, doesn't replace Scholes with a decent midfielder either
whoever takes over has a big rebuilding job

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Was Moyes really given time ? on 12:27 - Apr 25 with 495 viewsPommyhoop

Was Moyes really given time ? on 12:06 - Apr 25 by paulparker

is anyone really surprised it didn't work out
the best time to take this job was always the bloke after Red Nose
spoke to a season ticket holder at work who goes (dad was born a manc) he said the best thing for them is to not qualify for the champions league for the next 2 years so all the hangers on go off and support someone else and they keep the die hards

getting back to the football fergie although winning the league a couple of times in the last 5 years really left them in the s hit with bad buys and getting rid of players
ie he fooked off Pogba & Morrison as he couldn't handle them ( he also pi ssed off rooney)
he then buys an ageing injury prone van persie, Ashley young, Buttner, an over rated Kagawa ,all for big bucks, doesn't replace Scholes with a decent midfielder either
whoever takes over has a big rebuilding job

And the old guard did exactly the same as the SCUM old guard and undermined the new manager..

Was Moyes really given time ? on 12:28 - Apr 25 with 494 viewsTacticalR

Was Moyes really given time ? on 11:51 - Apr 25 by A40Bosh

That is an excellent analogy - perfect!

Ferguson was in power long before most of the current playing squad were out of nappies and I presume it was "my way or the highway" for players coming through the 1st team over the years - hence exits for Becks and Keane and probably a handful of others when they started thinking they were top dog.

Moyes' big mistake was to get rid of all the backroom staff and suddenly you had an us and them situation between the management team and the playing staff and the perceived player power that is in the modern club set up meant that when the new management team tried to inflict change (there are a lot of coded comments about training methods) the players weren't having it and Moyes did not have the time nor the authority to stamp down on a sufficient number of them to get them to toe the line.

However, as someone else has already said, this sacking was more the Man Utd PLC market driven reaction to the realization that next season would not bring Champions League football and that as a direct result of that the "brand" performance and as a result the PLC performance would suffer and business does not allow time for adjustment. When you are an established leader in your market, if you have to change the engines on your plane then you do it mid flight, there is no grounding the flight whilst you tinker about with it.

Once Wenger goes from Arsenal you will have exactly the same scenario at The Emirates.

But why did 'my way' Fergie install the hapless Moyes? Perhaps because it would still be 'his way'? That is certainly Verheijen's explanation:
http://fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/104524/page:2

Air hostess clique

Was Moyes really given time ? on 12:29 - Apr 25 with 491 viewsFredManRave

To answer the question in the OP, basically, No.

Taking over after the 26 year tenure of Ferguson with all that he achieved meant that the next encumbent would have to be given time to stamp their identity and philosophy on the club and 10 months is not long enough. They made their decision and should have stuck by it and with him until at least December of next season, imo.

However, as we all know, football is a business and it was a business decision to get rid of him so from that perspective it was an understandable decision to make.

More importantly than anything else is the excellent way in that Utd has been dismantled on the pitch and are now being brought down to the level of the rest of us with their off field antics. So football is the winner.

Well done Utd. Thank You. I never thought it would be THIS good after Fergie.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Was Moyes really given time ? on 12:31 - Apr 25 with 489 viewspaulparker

Was Moyes really given time ? on 12:27 - Apr 25 by Pommyhoop

And the old guard did exactly the same as the SCUM old guard and undermined the new manager..

Spot on Pommy
the way that Giggs, Vidic & especially Ferdinand have played and behaved is a disgrace
and to think we are being linked to Rio
I can see it now top, top, player, triffic lad had him when he was 14 not a moments trouble, best CB since Mooreo ,
oh dear !

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Was Moyes really given time ? on 12:41 - Apr 25 with 478 viewsPommyhoop

Was Moyes really given time ? on 12:31 - Apr 25 by paulparker

Spot on Pommy
the way that Giggs, Vidic & especially Ferdinand have played and behaved is a disgrace
and to think we are being linked to Rio
I can see it now top, top, player, triffic lad had him when he was 14 not a moments trouble, best CB since Mooreo ,
oh dear !

Yep. 75 large a week for Rio an a little bit of bunce for H.
'Appy Days !!

Was Moyes really given time ? on 20:59 - Apr 26 with 422 viewsTacticalR

Further demoyesification. Airbrushed from season ticket renewal brochure.

Manchester United airbrush David Moyes from image
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/26/manchester-united-airbrush-david

Air hostess clique

Was Moyes really given time ? on 14:51 - Apr 27 with 381 viewsQPR_John

Was Moyes really given time ? on 15:38 - Apr 23 by Clive_Anderson

The top teams win a bigger percentage of games than they used to, since they have almost all the best players so you can't really compare his stats to old Man Utd managers.

Plus they walked the league last year. There's no doubt if Ferguson had stayed one more year that they'd have done better than 7th this year.

I think there was doubt if not Ferguson would not have gone
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024