Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St George's Day 00:07 - Apr 23 with 3185 viewsstowmarketrange

Happy St George's Day to one and all on here.
One day we might be able to celebrate it properly with a bank holiday.
St George's Day on 11:22 - Apr 23 with 960 viewsTheBlob

St George's Day on 11:00 - Apr 23 by Discodroid

ahh blob, thats it for me, im taking inspiration from those fine words and lunching early in sunny stratford (i feel flex time is going to take a bashing) and blitzkrieg the following ..

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/6984/13037/

im sure st george would approve.

huzzah!!!
[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 11:05]

Have one for me Disco My Old Cocker - I'm off the sauce.

"In left-wing circles it is always felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman, and that it is a duty to snigger at every English institution, from horse racing to suet puddings. It is a strange fact, but it is unquestionably true, that almost any English intellectual would feel more ashamed of standing to attention during "God Save the King" than stealing from a poor box"

George Orwell.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

St George's Day on 11:23 - Apr 23 with 960 viewstoboboly

St George's Day on 10:41 - Apr 23 by Aunt_Nelly

To be fair Saint George had f.uckall significance to England but seeing as the government have spent the week declairing that we're a Christian country and that anyone who disagrees is deluded then I'm sure they'll back up their words and give us the day off to enjoy St Georges Feast Day.

Flagons of mead and wild boar all-round...For Dave and St George!

St George was taken up as the patron saint of England and made popular by Edward III in the 14th Century.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

St George's Day on 11:24 - Apr 23 with 959 viewsrongould

Song for today

St George's Day on 11:34 - Apr 23 with 936 viewsBluce_Ree

Patriotism isn't really my thing. The way I see it there are just two types of people in the world: people who are cool to each other and those who are pr1cks.

But it's good to remember that England has done some ridiculously good shit in its time. Most of the best music ever made happened here (or in our little colony America) and we also invented the ZX Spectrum and QPR. So I'll celebrate that for sure.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

St George's Day on 11:39 - Apr 23 with 927 viewsTheBlob

"The value set by her people on the freedom and sanctity of the individual, on justice and fair play, on mercy and tenderness towards the weak, and their dislike of lawless violence and their capacity to tolerate, forget and forgive have been, for all England's past mistakes and faults, a very real factor in human evolution."

St George's Day on 11:44 - Apr 23 with 921 viewsTheBlob

St George's Day on 11:39 - Apr 23 by TheBlob

"The value set by her people on the freedom and sanctity of the individual, on justice and fair play, on mercy and tenderness towards the weak, and their dislike of lawless violence and their capacity to tolerate, forget and forgive have been, for all England's past mistakes and faults, a very real factor in human evolution."

"That's enough quotes for one day Blob" - ed.

St George's Day on 11:54 - Apr 23 with 903 viewsDWQPR

It is also the 450th anniversary on the birth of one of England's greatest men, Sir William Shakespeare and the 398th anniversary of his death. The Bard was also a QPR supporter, and to prove this, having read his works, I found this in Hamlet:

Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love QPR!

Bet none of you lot knew that then. Shocked Now with the summer coming upon us and with that the lack of football (other than a World Cup), I would recommend that you each treat yourself to an evening at the Globe, which despite my love of Loftus Road has some definite features that HQ doesn't have such as:

- Some decent hostelries within a few hundred yards selling some excellent ales and good grub,
- You are able to drink alcohol in front of the field of play,
- Your view is not blocked by irritating stewards who once given a Hi-vis jacket think that they are now a member of the Gestapo,
- The knowledge that you are going to have a good couple of hours of entertainment, and under floodlights with a very atmospheric and sometimes raucous crowd,
- And best of all, they operate a safe-standing policy, where you can watch for just a fiver! Yep the same monetary amount that I paid to watch QPR at Wembley against Spuds in the FA Cup Final 32 years ago!

Oh, and also it is my birthday today aswell Happy St George's Day everybody!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

St George's Day on 13:53 - Apr 23 with 850 viewssimmo

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

St George's Day on 16:30 - Apr 23 with 810 viewsAunt_Nelly

St George's Day on 11:23 - Apr 23 by toboboly

St George was taken up as the patron saint of England and made popular by Edward III in the 14th Century.

Yes but medieval romanticism aside Saint George was a bubble/Turk/Palestinian in the Roman army and had f.uck all to do with England.

He's the patron saint of s.hitloads of other countries and provencies including half of eastern Europe and the middle east...actually maybe that gives him some Englishness...Multicultural big society and all that!

Anyway it's all good Dave flying the flag above Downing St but where's our day off eh? EH?
St George's Day on 17:46 - Apr 23 with 759 viewsQPR1882

St George's Day on 10:12 - Apr 23 by rongould

Not for today. On the eve of the Battle of Agincourt
St. Crispin's Day, October 25th.
But it is Shakespeare's birthday.

If you Google William Shakespeare and check the Wiki page set up for him it states.

Born Baptised 26 April 1564 (birth date unknown)
Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England
Died 23 April 1616 (aged 52)
Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England

Which surprised me because I thought he was born on St George's day.
St George's Day on 17:52 - Apr 23 with 753 viewsQPR1882

St George's Day on 10:07 - Apr 23 by stowmarketrange

I haven't got a mouse with my IPhone.I will have to pop onto the PC later.Thanks.

If I phone is same as ipad, just touch and hold the screen. Will come up copy or save.
St George's Day on 17:54 - Apr 23 with 752 viewsPinnerPaul

My son's birthday so I always celebrate it!
St George's Day on 18:01 - Apr 23 with 748 viewsJuzzie

St George's Day on 17:54 - Apr 23 by PinnerPaul

My son's birthday so I always celebrate it!

My cousins birthday, I always forget
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024