Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday 08:26 - Apr 23 with 2642 viewssevenhoop

As confirmed by Clint Hill in his post-match interview. Could've fooled me, but that may explain why the first half some of them didn't look llike they had a clue - Hill was more or less left back and Traore didn't look to be in any differnt postion than when he's had a left back behind him.

It looked more obvious to me in the second half, so presumably they were getting more used to it by then.

Seems strange to be doing it at this stage of the season but, let's be honest, we've been shocking at the other "system" (or, should I say, "systems" as he's never seemed to know what to play) , so worth giving a go I suppose?

Still extremely worried about Dunne and think that Hughes is a much better option there.
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 08:44 - Apr 23 with 1877 viewsNorthernr

I understand the desire to rotate and keep everybody fresh for the play offs. I don't understand the willingness to go into that semi-final with a starting eleven that hasn't played together for weeks in a system they haven't used for weeks.
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:02 - Apr 23 with 1841 viewsessextaxiboy

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 08:44 - Apr 23 by Northernr

I understand the desire to rotate and keep everybody fresh for the play offs. I don't understand the willingness to go into that semi-final with a starting eleven that hasn't played together for weeks in a system they haven't used for weeks.

Dont you think its to keep the other teams in the dark ?
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:06 - Apr 23 with 1827 viewsAntti_Heinola

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:02 - Apr 23 by essextaxiboy

In the dark about what?
We've played 44 games this season, Essex. All the info is already out there!
Do you think Arsenal will start playing 5 at the back just to put Hull off the scent before the Cup Final?

Bare bones.

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:06 - Apr 23 with 1821 viewsPommyhoop

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:02 - Apr 23 by essextaxiboy

It takes them about 2 minutes to realise that Dunne turns slower than the ship that brought my furniture over from Blighty and anything on the deck near him will be fruitful..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:20 - Apr 23 with 1803 viewsessextaxiboy

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:06 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

In the dark about what?
We've played 44 games this season, Essex. All the info is already out there!
Do you think Arsenal will start playing 5 at the back just to put Hull off the scent before the Cup Final?

Ok , if you are Mclaren how do you know , what formation we will play , 3 or 4 at the back . Do you plan to counter the wing backs or not , will Carrol or Henry play , will Hoillet , start , 2 up front or 1 . Will it be Doyle or Zamora or neither .
How do you pick Morrison up if you dont know what anyone else is doing . What about Traore , Will Krancjar start . ?.. he wont know for sure until we line up .. and even then we can change it ....
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:23 - Apr 23 with 1798 viewssevenhoop

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 08:44 - Apr 23 by Northernr

"haven't used for weeks?" Have we used it ever?! More bizarre management from an increasingly bizarre manager - still, as I say, almost nothihng to lose bearing in mind just how awful we've been playing all sorts of other formations.

They'd better be bloody quick learners and, if he's sticking with this, he needs to play whatever he thinks his starting 11 will be so they get used to it/each other.
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:45 - Apr 23 with 1758 viewsessextaxiboy

Saturday is the ideal time to throw a few kids in , good experience for them in a derby atmosphere . No real pressure as playoffs confirmed and a complete red herring for the playoff teams ... Barton to start as he looked rusty,off for Henry if he gets wound up Start Johnson and Doyle and give Charlie the last 1/2 hour... 442 just to throw another formation in the mix . Even give SWP a go ... Swap Jenas with Morrison for a bit .. keep em guessing .... IMO he already knows the playoff team
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:58 - Apr 23 with 1728 viewsDiscodroid

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:45 - Apr 23 by essextaxiboy

Saturday is the ideal time to throw a few kids in , good experience for them in a derby atmosphere . No real pressure as playoffs confirmed and a complete red herring for the playoff teams ... Barton to start as he looked rusty,off for Henry if he gets wound up Start Johnson and Doyle and give Charlie the last 1/2 hour... 442 just to throw another formation in the mix . Even give SWP a go ... Swap Jenas with Morrison for a bit .. keep em guessing .... IMO he already knows the playoff team

throw a few kids in???

do you not want to finish 4th . why throw away any advantage we may have.??

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Login to get fewer ads

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:59 - Apr 23 with 1733 viewsrobith

Since we have Austin back, can we just go back to the 4231 from the beginning of the season please? It was dull but I can't help but notice we won a lot and that it all went wrong once we started switching to 442 and all those over crazy ideas that come out of Redknapp's head
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:05 - Apr 23 with 1710 viewsDiscodroid

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:59 - Apr 23 by robith

Since we have Austin back, can we just go back to the 4231 from the beginning of the season please? It was dull but I can't help but notice we won a lot and that it all went wrong once we started switching to 442 and all those over crazy ideas that come out of Redknapp's head

no way !!!..i think this is just the right time to experiment !! why not use 'H' s patent pending avant garde 10010001110011100011 system ?? binary clearly is the way forward to clinch 6th spot from the jaws of 4th..

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:07 - Apr 23 with 1718 viewsAntti_Heinola

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:20 - Apr 23 by essextaxiboy

Ok , if you are Mclaren how do you know , what formation we will play , 3 or 4 at the back . Do you plan to counter the wing backs or not , will Carrol or Henry play , will Hoillet , start , 2 up front or 1 . Will it be Doyle or Zamora or neither .
How do you pick Morrison up if you dont know what anyone else is doing . What about Traore , Will Krancjar start . ?.. he wont know for sure until we line up .. and even then we can change it ....

Ha! Brilliant.

So, you, me and Harry all know and understand that he's going to play a dastardly trick on Rosler over the next two weeks, by playing random formations that don't work, but somehow Rosler won't cotton on?

I don't think any team will worry too much about countering our wing backs - whenever we've played 3 at the back we've looked pretty toothless, so that's a non-point.

I think you're worrying far too much about the opposition. We need to get our own house in order. If Harry knows his team that well it's a shame he hasn't shown it for the last 44 games.

Bare bones.

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:08 - Apr 23 with 1719 viewsQPunkR

How will the opposition know formation and players we're gonna go with? Redknapp doesn't bloody know what formation and players he's gonna go with!!

QPR - "shit but local"

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:17 - Apr 23 with 1697 viewsessextaxiboy

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:07 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

Ha! Brilliant.

So, you, me and Harry all know and understand that he's going to play a dastardly trick on Rosler over the next two weeks, by playing random formations that don't work, but somehow Rosler won't cotton on?

I don't think any team will worry too much about countering our wing backs - whenever we've played 3 at the back we've looked pretty toothless, so that's a non-point.

I think you're worrying far too much about the opposition. We need to get our own house in order. If Harry knows his team that well it's a shame he hasn't shown it for the last 44 games.

On the contrary , its them worrying about us that I am comfortable with .
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:22 - Apr 23 with 1673 viewsNorthernr

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:17 - Apr 23 by essextaxiboy

On the contrary , its them worrying about us that I am comfortable with .

I bet they're fcking terrified.
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:23 - Apr 23 with 1662 viewsDiscodroid

you fools !! dont you realise its all been an diabolical plan to confuse our rivals by never playing the same team twice, using sandy from crossroads and stephen hawking as our manny kaltz style maraurding full backs.

using richard dunne as a free spirited libero, if you will , was just an operation crossbow style undercover ploy to fool the hapless opposition into thinking we are fuk ing crap..

he's refusal to pick matt phillips and ali as first choices by using the invisible o'niel and jenas , was in fact, a dastardly ' world war z 'type use of camouflage allowing our midfield to go undetected by their opposing numbers, judging by the way they ran through it at will.

'h',,, the montgomery of the championship.

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:28 - Apr 23 with 1655 viewsessextaxiboy

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:58 - Apr 23 by Discodroid

throw a few kids in???

do you not want to finish 4th . why throw away any advantage we may have.??

Im not talking about the Jack Tizard first eleven .

Just maybe Donaldson, Petrasso and Sukky
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:36 - Apr 23 with 1623 viewsDiscodroid

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:28 - Apr 23 by essextaxiboy

Im not talking about the Jack Tizard first eleven .

Just maybe Donaldson, Petrasso and Sukky

fair enough essex....but i think at least 90% of rangers fans will want us to finish 4th..millwall will be fighting for their lives...i just cant see one reason to jepardize 4th place. i cant for one moment seeing our rivals fighting for 4th fielding a weak'nd team...i may be wrong but if fit i would fiels the stongest possible eleven until 4th is secured...but with our arthur english u never know..

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:43 - Apr 23 with 1606 viewsessextaxiboy

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:36 - Apr 23 by Discodroid

fair enough essex....but i think at least 90% of rangers fans will want us to finish 4th..millwall will be fighting for their lives...i just cant see one reason to jepardize 4th place. i cant for one moment seeing our rivals fighting for 4th fielding a weak'nd team...i may be wrong but if fit i would fiels the stongest possible eleven until 4th is secured...but with our arthur english u never know..

I see your point , maybe the Barnsley game then if Wigan have blown it by then .

Im just worried by the injury possibilities thats all . I know it can happen anytime but seeing Charlie limp off was worrying
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:45 - Apr 23 with 1596 viewsDiscodroid

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:43 - Apr 23 by essextaxiboy

I see your point , maybe the Barnsley game then if Wigan have blown it by then .

Im just worried by the injury possibilities thats all . I know it can happen anytime but seeing Charlie limp off was worrying

fair point mate...its gonna be a nail biter!!!!

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:46 - Apr 23 with 1600 viewsheadhoops

What are you lot whingeing about.

Last year under clueless we were meticulously turned out each game - and we were fucĀ£in awful and lost nearly every game. Harry's brilliant strategy, no planning and perversely we somehow end up winning.

Should we make the playoff final I understand that being the great manager that he is - he will pick the team in a postcode lottery stylee. oh, and expect a new shirt sponsor on the day, rowntrees Randoms.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 11:15 - Apr 23 with 1542 viewschris1969

Apparently Moyes played 51 different formations in 51 games.

We must be close to 100% as well, would be great to see a bit of consistency in team selection for the next 2 games with a few 2nd half subs to protect Austin, Barton and Morrison.
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 11:41 - Apr 23 with 1503 viewsNorthernr

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:36 - Apr 23 by Discodroid

Am I looking at a different league table? There's only two games left - fourth place would really take some "jeopardizing" from here.
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 11:46 - Apr 23 with 1479 viewsDiscodroid

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 11:41 - Apr 23 by Northernr

Am I looking at a different league table? There's only two games left - fourth place would really take some "jeopardizing" from here.

i believe wigan(3 games left) can still overtake us if we lose our remaining 2 games, which is possible if we field a weaker side given our remaining fixtures are against two teams fighting for their lives.

you must have more faith in arthur english than me. no under strength side should be fielded until 4th is secured
[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 11:47]

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 11:47 - Apr 23 with 1481 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm all for keeping the oppo in the dark. But do we have to join them?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 11:47 - Apr 23 with 1480 viewssimmo

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 11:41 - Apr 23 by Northernr

Wigan have a game in hand remember, against Birmingham, which is a gimme. They have 6 points to play for after that and will only be 3 behind. So we will still need 3-4 points to guarantee 4th. Not that it matters, as we will still be playing Wigan, although finishing 5th means we play the 2nd leg up there, which is not ideal.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024