Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday 08:26 - Apr 23 with 2618 viewssevenhoop

As confirmed by Clint Hill in his post-match interview. Could've fooled me, but that may explain why the first half some of them didn't look llike they had a clue - Hill was more or less left back and Traore didn't look to be in any differnt postion than when he's had a left back behind him.

It looked more obvious to me in the second half, so presumably they were getting more used to it by then.

Seems strange to be doing it at this stage of the season but, let's be honest, we've been shocking at the other "system" (or, should I say, "systems" as he's never seemed to know what to play) , so worth giving a go I suppose?

Still extremely worried about Dunne and think that Hughes is a much better option there.
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 11:49 - Apr 23 with 804 viewsDiscodroid

it may be im overestimating the importance of playing the semi final 2nd leg at home...other lfw chaps might prefer us to play the 2nd leg away...its all about opinions.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 11:50 - Apr 23 with 816 viewssevenhoop

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:23 - Apr 23 by Discodroid

you fools !! dont you realise its all been an diabolical plan to confuse our rivals by never playing the same team twice, using sandy from crossroads and stephen hawking as our manny kaltz style maraurding full backs.

using richard dunne as a free spirited libero, if you will , was just an operation crossbow style undercover ploy to fool the hapless opposition into thinking we are fuk ing crap..

he's refusal to pick matt phillips and ali as first choices by using the invisible o'niel and jenas , was in fact, a dastardly ' world war z 'type use of camouflage allowing our midfield to go undetected by their opposing numbers, judging by the way they ran through it at will.

'h',,, the montgomery of the championship.

that is just brillliant, what a dastardly scheme he's concocted there (and how old are you to remmber Sandy from Crossroads, as I sadly do?!), we're certain to win the play-offs now!
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 11:51 - Apr 23 with 800 viewsDiscodroid

and a ringer for ..

[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 11:54]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 11:52 - Apr 23 with 812 viewsDevonWhite

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 11:41 - Apr 23 by Northernr

Am I looking at a different league table? There's only two games left - fourth place would really take some "jeopardizing" from here.

We need four points from the last two to guarantee fourth. That's if Wigan win all three of theirs though.
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 12:40 - Apr 23 with 771 viewsR_from_afar

I've said this before but whoever is in centre mid - hopefully, Barton - we need Henry in there too. Our defence is shaky at the moment so we need some steel in there, someone who can win the ball and pass it accurately to a (cough) "creative" player. Henry is that man.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 12:59 - Apr 23 with 756 viewsenfieldargh

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 11:41 - Apr 23 by Northernr

Am I looking at a different league table? There's only two games left - fourth place would really take some "jeopardizing" from here.

we need a win and a draw to guarentee 4th provided the mighty wigan win all 3 matches
Home v Blackpool
Away v Brum
Away v blackburn

possible?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 13:00 - Apr 23 with 754 viewsqueensparker

I was pleased when I saw the team lineup for Monday - pretty much all our best available players on the pitch and attacking intent.

Yes it didn't work out exactly as planned (the midfield looked over-run, Dunne had a mare against a good centre forward, Doyle was completely anonymous after about 10 mins), but no harm in it surely? Why not try it out if - as someone said - we might be in a position where we need to score goals in a play-off semi? Once we binned SImpson for Hoilett we were all over them (no reflection on Simpson).

Much happier with that than the team we put out against Leicester.
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 13:18 - Apr 23 with 737 viewsstansleftfoot

I don't think it matters who we play or when. Our form doesn't tell me we would get out of the semi's.
We either make it hard to win games by not turning up or we improve sides by not turning up.
Saturday was not the first time an opposition side had said that was the best their sides had played, if Watford had taken their chances we could have come a poor second.
It's on that basis, any play-off side presents problems for QPR, unless Harry settles on the right set up for the right players, and the players turn up from the off.
The last 24 games have all presented problems, but we do have Charlie back.
There's been glimpses of good football from QPR, not for long, but when we do it, most Clubs can't live with us.
We must stop giving them a start, we must kill them off, we must take control and put sides to the sword....not fxck about Arsenal and Old Barca style.....these are The Championship play-offs and it is the biggest game many, if not all our opposition players will have played in. All our players will have played in The Premiership in front of 50k or more....there is no excuse any more Harry....we deserve better, so stop fxcking about with your sore knee and get on with it. We should be promoted by now, both Burnley and Leicester claim beating QPR convinced them promotion was on the cards....shouldn't that be an incentive! I'd be spitting fire, not putting my hair up in a hair band! Now is the time to see some quality....for 95 Minutes!
Login to get fewer ads

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 13:24 - Apr 23 with 722 viewsbaz_qpr

Could someone with a bit more tactical nouse than me explain how the 3-4-1-2 we played on Monday was a new formation to the previous 3-4-1-2 failures we've had this season?
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 13:26 - Apr 23 with 717 viewsdaveB

I can see what Redknapp was trying to do on Monday, which made a change from the last few weeks.

He wants his best players on the pitch so playing 3 at the back means he can do that and have an extra striker in the side as well. It'd debatable whether that will work or not in the playoffs, I'm not convinced and would play 4-2-3-1 but it was well worth trying. Doesn't matter if it's the 44th or the 4th game of the season really, this is the first time in an age when we've had 2 decent strikers so well worth seeing if we can fit them all into the team.

As for 4th or 5th I'm not sure it matters. The atmosphere at home has been crap all season so I don't see it being a big advantage to be home second, especially if we lose the 1st leg.
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 13:32 - Apr 23 with 702 viewsAntti_Heinola

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 13:24 - Apr 23 by baz_qpr

Could someone with a bit more tactical nouse than me explain how the 3-4-1-2 we played on Monday was a new formation to the previous 3-4-1-2 failures we've had this season?

spot on Baz.

Bare bones.

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 13:34 - Apr 23 with 698 viewsbaz_qpr

In the what we learned thread I posted that the main learning was the Doyle and Austin cannot play together (or at least not without a huge amount of work) they kept running into the same space, nearly took each other out going for the same header when one should have dropped off looking for the rebound.

Strikers either have chemistry and click straight away, or it takes a lot of work. I've not seen a partnership (other than Zamora and Morrison) that's clicked yet.
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 13:35 - Apr 23 with 695 viewsAntti_Heinola

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 13:26 - Apr 23 by daveB

I can see what Redknapp was trying to do on Monday, which made a change from the last few weeks.

He wants his best players on the pitch so playing 3 at the back means he can do that and have an extra striker in the side as well. It'd debatable whether that will work or not in the playoffs, I'm not convinced and would play 4-2-3-1 but it was well worth trying. Doesn't matter if it's the 44th or the 4th game of the season really, this is the first time in an age when we've had 2 decent strikers so well worth seeing if we can fit them all into the team.

As for 4th or 5th I'm not sure it matters. The atmosphere at home has been crap all season so I don't see it being a big advantage to be home second, especially if we lose the 1st leg.

Home 2nd is always an advantage and actually, if we lost the firts leg i thinmk the home atmos would be pretty good. Nothing like a bit of underdog spirit to get the crowd going.

your point falls down in 2 ways. First, we tried 3 at tha back in 2 previous games and it proved to be fairly disastrous and severely limited our attacking threat, no matter how many strikers we want to play. Second, that was only Redknapp's idea of his best 11 players. The fact is, on current form, Dunne isn't one of them and regardless of form, Doyle isn't either.

Bare bones.

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 13:39 - Apr 23 with 683 viewssimmo

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 13:26 - Apr 23 by daveB

It is not necessarily a problem to try something new, especially as on paper our players suit a wing back system quite well. The issue I have is the lack of cohesion when 'trying' something new, you would expect some teething issues but it's like the players have just been told then and there rather than producing a product of training ground work.

But mainly it's HR's inability to make the change once you see it's not working. 70th minute to change and we were a different team after that. How many times have we made changes at HT and been so much better afterwards? Exact the changes earlier, preferably before you start the fckin game. And stop creating formations just so you don't have to drop your favourites.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 13:40 - Apr 23 with 683 viewsA40Bosh

It took me until the early part of the second half to cotton on to what the formation was actually all about (I have said before for many years I have been a "passive " observer of the game) and in principle I liked the idea of it as it appears to me to be a flexible system that not only plays to the strengths of use using wide players and a target man, but the 3 across the back should help with the lack of pace we have in the centre of the defense when playing Dunne and Hill.

However, perhaps in the first half we did not get hold of the ball enough to get Simpson pushed up and attacking the Watford left back and the same for Traore who seemed to have more success at getting to the byline and at least getting some crosses in to the box. When Hoilett came on it definitely made that formation more effective and when BZ came on he appeared to be better able to hold the ball up, but I think the main reason it does not work is because we don't have someone better than LTC in the side who is able to boss the midfield and get more effective ball either out wide or through to Morrison.

To my uneducated way of thinking, for all the good Doyle appeared to do it might have been better if we had sacrificed Doyle for Niko and have Morrison and Niko coming through the middle as well as spraying out to Traore and Simmo/Hoilett to ping in crosses for Charlie.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 14:15 - Apr 23 with 564 viewsbaz_qpr

Wide players were to deep so LTC only had a forward pass into a crowd hence the endless sidewise passing, we played with very little pace as well with Barton especially being guilty of taking more touches than he needed.

I dont think we need to change 4-2-3-1 we just need the right personel in it
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 14:16 - Apr 23 with 562 viewsdaveB

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 13:35 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

Home 2nd is always an advantage and actually, if we lost the firts leg i thinmk the home atmos would be pretty good. Nothing like a bit of underdog spirit to get the crowd going.

your point falls down in 2 ways. First, we tried 3 at tha back in 2 previous games and it proved to be fairly disastrous and severely limited our attacking threat, no matter how many strikers we want to play. Second, that was only Redknapp's idea of his best 11 players. The fact is, on current form, Dunne isn't one of them and regardless of form, Doyle isn't either.

I'm only saying why he picked that team and I could see the logic behind it, I don't think it's our best one at all. If you pick a team on form you'd struggle to put out 11 players.
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 14:27 - Apr 23 with 544 viewsMatch82

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 09:02 - Apr 23 by essextaxiboy

Dont you think its to keep the other teams in the dark ?

That advantage is somewhat negated if we're in the dark ourselves
it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 15:43 - Apr 23 with 521 viewsPinnerPaul

it's official - we used a new formation for the whole of the game Saturday on 10:22 - Apr 23 by Northernr

I bet they're fcking terrified.

Well Wigan won't be terrified, why would anyone be of any team in the same league, but he might just be trying to work out how to score against us.

As you pointed out in your match report they haven't managed to do so in 180 minutes plus.

Why don't we try and look at the positives just for once!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024