Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester 09:32 - Apr 23 with 1333 viewsstowmarketrange

Is this Leicester team that much better than ours in the promotion season 3 years ago?
The points total says yes,but I think that the Championship is a lot weaker this year than when we won it.
They could get over 100 points,but they haven't impressed me that much whenever I've seen them play.
Leicester on 09:42 - Apr 23 with 1311 viewsEalingRanger

I think our 2010/11 team would beat them comfortably.
Leicester on 09:48 - Apr 23 with 1299 viewsessextaxiboy

I think Pearson will be the first to go next season . Dyche has over delivered big time and has massive goodwill .

Pearson has been on sticky ground once or twice already . P45 in October .
Leicester on 09:52 - Apr 23 with 1286 viewsbosh67

Both Leicester and Burnley have benefitted from letting a side gel over 3-3 seasons at this level before pushing properly for promotion. We have generally, apart from the last time we went up, bought our way out of, and mostly into trouble.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Leicester on 09:55 - Apr 23 with 1284 viewsJuzzie

Leicester on 09:48 - Apr 23 by essextaxiboy

I think Pearson will be the first to go next season . Dyche has over delivered big time and has massive goodwill .

Pearson has been on sticky ground once or twice already . P45 in October .

Not taking anything away from Burnley's fantastic season but Dyche had two fit, in-form strikers all season bar the last few games that were already there when he took over. Howe brought in Ings & Vokes from Bournemouth.

edit: It's starting to fking annoy me that since they've been promoted Dyche keeps going on about 'having little money to spend'..... a sly dig at us, Leicester, Forest etc. no doubt.

Well Dyche, you were fking lucky that you had two strikers that perfomed fantastically this season already at the club brought in by your predecessor, weren't you.

[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 10:53]
Leicester on 13:15 - Apr 23 with 1161 viewsthemodfather

look, they are champs and are not an exciting team
our fault cos we could not handle the SQUIRREL!
Leicester on 13:16 - Apr 23 with 1156 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Interesting to realise the past three league winners have been QPR, Reading and Cardiff, who all have seemed to fail badly, whereas the past three play off winners have been Swansea, West Ham and Crystal Palace, who have all done very well. Doesn't make a difference but is interesting to know

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Leicester on 13:17 - Apr 23 with 1155 viewsJamie

How many points have they gained through penalties this season...?
Leicester on 13:26 - Apr 23 with 1135 viewsderbyhoop

Leicester are well organised with 2 solid central defenders, a midfield that works hard but, most importantly, real pace. Only Traore and Phillips out of our squad could keep up with Dyer, Vardy and Nugent.

Both Leicester and Burnley have benefited from largely settled teams.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester on 13:53 - Apr 23 with 1083 viewsToast_R

Our 2010/11 team would win all day as Taarabt would be too good for them.
Leicester on 14:33 - Apr 23 with 1040 viewsRangersAreBack

I think our team of 2010/11 was more exciting to watch and on its day would beat the current Leicester team. However Leicester are better prepared for the Premier League as their strategy is not based around 1 player.
Leicester on 00:13 - Apr 24 with 910 viewsTacticalR

Leicester on 13:15 - Apr 23 by themodfather

look, they are champs and are not an exciting team
our fault cos we could not handle the SQUIRREL!

Exactly. If Redknapp had sent on Jude to sort out that squirrel, the whole course of the season could have been different and all Leicester's 'sports science' would have counted for nothing.

Air hostess clique

Leicester on 01:45 - Apr 24 with 882 viewsSonofNorfolt

The key word is TEAM.
Many times this season we haven't looked like one.
A settled side and camaraderie are very important, and one breeds the other.
On paper we have the best players. We play on grass, not paper.
Leicester on 02:52 - Apr 24 with 870 viewsMelakaRanger

Leicester on 01:45 - Apr 24 by SonofNorfolt

The key word is TEAM.

Well said SonofNorfolt
Leicester on 02:59 - Apr 24 with 867 viewsRangersAreBack

Leicester on 01:45 - Apr 24 by SonofNorfolt

The key word is TEAM.

Well said but the OP is comparing our 2010/11 team not this season's rabble.
Leicester on 06:26 - Apr 24 with 832 viewsLblock

Our promotion squad had balance and blend.
We had the stand out most skilful player in the division - a one off
When he wasn't on it or lost the ball a solid disciplined outfit sat around him
HH was the ultimate link player and an unselfish striker
Paddy was a keeper in the form of his life
Pace was there through Mackie and then little WR

The spirit was unbelievable, NW oversaw it well and with little real expectation it felt they had something to prove

I think we were far better than the current Leicester crop but mainly coz of Adel

Turning to Burnley...... Ah little Burnley, quaint poor old Burnley, cobbled streets and Hovis in the oven.
Kin annoys me! People forget they were in the Premiership only 4 or 5 years ago so their coffers weren't exactly empty and let's not kid ourselves that their players aren't on decent money or win bonuses. Won't take it away from them though - they did bloody well! It's even more annoying when you think we nabbed their "star striker" off of them!!!!
Dyche stuck to his "core group, working hard for each other, game at a time, believe in these lads" mantra all season and, although a tad annoying sometimes, I couldn't help but compare and contrast and conclude I liked him. At least he was full of "us, we, our club and strong unit" statements - something sadly lacking with our detatched incumbent, did Dyche EVER send his boring assistant out post match to talk after a defeat?!?!
I wish Burnley well more so than Leicester, whose run we kick started, due mainly to the fact I feel Pearson is a sanctimonious git!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Leicester on 10:37 - Apr 24 with 726 viewsCiderwithRsie

In answer to OP: probably not. But, with massive amounts of hindsight, our promotion team might have survived in the premiership - just - if we'd stuck with it, with Heidar up front and Hill at the back, and maybe just a couple of new signings [e.g. Routledge permanently]. I suspect Leicester [and Burnley] for that matter will not make the same mistakes we did on promotion, if only through lack of cash.
Leicester on 12:03 - Apr 24 with 678 viewsHAYESBOY

I would add that due to Faurlin contract debacle towards the end of the season i think we would of had more points.
IMO I think our team of 2010 would have beaten this Leceister side.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Leicester on 12:12 - Apr 24 with 667 viewsPommyhoop

Yep we wouldve rolled em over. We had a TEAM plus we had a unique game changing genius who did what it said on the tin. He was too good for them.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Leicester on 12:18 - Apr 24 with 652 viewspaulparker

this years championship as been the easiest in years, the top 2 from xmas have run away with it
this Burnley team wouldn't have reached the play offs in 2010/11
you had us Swansea, Cardiff, reading & Norwich
Fair play to Leicester they won it fair & square but we shouldn't have finished so far behind and that's down to Arry & his dinosaur coaching staff

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Leicester on 12:21 - Apr 24 with 648 viewsPommyhoop

Leicester on 12:18 - Apr 24 by paulparker

this years championship as been the easiest in years, the top 2 from xmas have run away with it
this Burnley team wouldn't have reached the play offs in 2010/11
you had us Swansea, Cardiff, reading & Norwich
Fair play to Leicester they won it fair & square but we shouldn't have finished so far behind and that's down to Arry & his dinosaur coaching staff

Absolutely

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Leicester on 12:22 - Apr 24 with 646 viewsR_from_afar

Leicester on 06:26 - Apr 24 by Lblock

Our promotion squad had balance and blend.
We had the stand out most skilful player in the division - a one off
When he wasn't on it or lost the ball a solid disciplined outfit sat around him
HH was the ultimate link player and an unselfish striker
Paddy was a keeper in the form of his life
Pace was there through Mackie and then little WR

The spirit was unbelievable, NW oversaw it well and with little real expectation it felt they had something to prove

I think we were far better than the current Leicester crop but mainly coz of Adel

Turning to Burnley...... Ah little Burnley, quaint poor old Burnley, cobbled streets and Hovis in the oven.
Kin annoys me! People forget they were in the Premiership only 4 or 5 years ago so their coffers weren't exactly empty and let's not kid ourselves that their players aren't on decent money or win bonuses. Won't take it away from them though - they did bloody well! It's even more annoying when you think we nabbed their "star striker" off of them!!!!
Dyche stuck to his "core group, working hard for each other, game at a time, believe in these lads" mantra all season and, although a tad annoying sometimes, I couldn't help but compare and contrast and conclude I liked him. At least he was full of "us, we, our club and strong unit" statements - something sadly lacking with our detatched incumbent, did Dyche EVER send his boring assistant out post match to talk after a defeat?!?!
I wish Burnley well more so than Leicester, whose run we kick started, due mainly to the fact I feel Pearson is a sanctimonious git!!!

Dyche has done an excellent job. Burnley have been up there all season and their team spirit looks great. He is passionate and enthusiastic and I also can't remember him moaning. Compare and contrast with Redknapp. Redknapp has done reasonably OK, it hasn't all been bad, but I constantly worry about his glaring lack of enthusiasm and commitment. How can that not rub off on the players? If enthusiasm can be infectious, how about apathy?

Good luck to Burnley, it is not luck which has seen them promoted.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Leicester on 11:38 - Apr 25 with 547 viewsTacticalR

Warnock's QPR were a team assembled from the parts at hand, with the system adjusted to fit the players. Leicester have a system, and have purchased players to fit that system.

Air hostess clique

Leicester on 12:28 - Apr 25 with 505 viewsDANRANGER

I've not seen enough of them but they've done the job and considering they didn't have the best start, to get 100 points without being spectacular says they have all the basics right.

Likewise Burnley, full credit to them and I don't believe in this "lucky they had all their players fit" business, they went with what they had, played their best team week in/out and it worked for them. If you finish top 2 over 46 games then you've earned it.

I do agree the league this season doesn't appear as competitive to the season we went up but difficult to compare teams from different seasons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024