Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. 12:15 - Apr 23 with 13069 viewssparkes12

Me and my daughter normally come in on the hammersmith & city/circle line and get off at Shepards bush market,then walk to the ground,its been her first year as ST holder and dont want her to experiance anything to put her off coming next year.So wondering if there is a better route where we are less likely to encounter any possible trouble from the Millwall lot.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 10:13 - Apr 24 with 7446 viewsBlackCrowe

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 09:41 - Apr 24 by wombat

same as kingsbury funnily enough , decent atmosphere in the ground , bit like football used to be before james and Geoffrey started showing up in there barbour jackets with tarquin in tow behind them

yes we all know theres gonna be trouble , and those who want to join in will do those who don't wont.

the police will be highly visible and id guess any trouble will happen well away frm the ground as usual .

WTF? Not much fun to for the kids and those that feel intimidated by that kind of thing though is it?

If it all happened on some wasteland well away from the vicinity and general public then I couldn't give a toss. It doesn't though does it, it's in the side streets, outside the pubs, outside the ground - at least it has been in recent history and that impacts those who don't really enjoy this kind of 'spice'.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 10:21 - Apr 24 with 7427 viewswombat

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 10:06 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

I appreciate what you said about the atmosphere inside the ground,but the hordes have to get there first.Why should innocent people or fans going about their business be terrorised by these animals?
We also had the best noise from the away fans ive heard all season on Monday and we still only made any noise in the last 20 minutes.

think terrorised is taking it a bit to far to be honest , if people want trouble they will find it , that's the way its always been and prob always will be , if you feel that strongly I presume youll be giving sats game a miss ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 10:24 - Apr 24 with 7422 viewsstowmarketrange

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 10:21 - Apr 24 by wombat

think terrorised is taking it a bit to far to be honest , if people want trouble they will find it , that's the way its always been and prob always will be , if you feel that strongly I presume youll be giving sats game a miss ?

I will be there and so will my 12 year old daughter,but why does it make it ok to be intimidated on the tube or on the streets around the ground because it adds to the atmosphere in the ground.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 11:13 - Apr 24 with 7357 viewsPommyhoop

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 10:24 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

I will be there and so will my 12 year old daughter,but why does it make it ok to be intimidated on the tube or on the streets around the ground because it adds to the atmosphere in the ground.

Agree with Wombat and Kingsbury..
They aint that bad. One of the funniest/best trips of my life was with a load of Milwall to Amsterdam. We met in their pub( aptly called the Asylum )..on Asylum road Peckham at half six in the morning .Was a bit wierd singing 'We hate those b'stards in claret n blue' with your breakfast pint.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 11:16 - Apr 24 with 7345 viewsQPunkR

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 17:12 - Apr 23 by morgantwin

the police were only there to protect the watford,as you say i saw them and it almost impossible not to burst out laughing
they looked like brentford football club no big geezers just idiots
millwall is a bit differant whereby they will bring some serious headcases,but if the ranger with his daughter ensures he wears his colours no millwall will dare to confront him,whilst his with his daughter
you see with them its all about being hard,and attacking a qpr fan with his daughter walking through shephards bush market just aint hard
so the only flash point will be after the game after they have been slaughterd 6-0 they wont have a very good sense of humour so hang around and let them disperse
then you can go on your tube home

Sorry mate, would that it were the case.
I remember when they came down the Bush a couple of years ago. I was on a different message back then and one of the regular posters was a woman who was threatened by a group of Millwall dicks while she was near the ground with her early-teens daughter.

QPR - "shit but local"

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 11:36 - Apr 24 with 7306 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ah the "Millwall my cause a bit of trouble but feel the atmosphee argument"

Early medieval books depict the Viking raping and pillaging of Dublin in 795 a.d.. A common quote is "hey, those Viking bastids are ater killing me young lad and havin' it way with me daughter. Some atmosphere, though, wha!"

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 12:09 - Apr 24 with 7252 viewsDiscodroid

just stumbled across morgan twin and the boys from the frankie knuckles thread, enjoying their pre match meal before millwall. morgans really been hitting the weights..

[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 12:12]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 12:15 - Apr 24 with 7241 viewseastside_r

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 10:21 - Apr 24 by wombat

Oh please. The myth that no-one innocent is ever affected by 'football' violence has been busted long ago.

In my c30 years of watching QPR home and away I have have seen women and children as well as sensible law-abiding fans like myself caught up on a few occasions. I stress a FEW, but this is till too many.

Login to get fewer ads

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 12:16 - Apr 24 with 7238 viewssmegma

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 11:36 - Apr 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah the "Millwall my cause a bit of trouble but feel the atmosphee argument"

Early medieval books depict the Viking raping and pillaging of Dublin in 795 a.d.. A common quote is "hey, those Viking bastids are ater killing me young lad and havin' it way with me daughter. Some atmosphere, though, wha!"

I've never seen any trouble the last two times they came over. The plod will round them up and march them to the ground. Meanwhile 300 locals will 'stand' behind a horde of coppers while exchanging pleasantries and both sides will claim 'we didn't run'. A few bottles will be thrown on both sides and people on here will blame the 'Millwall animals'. Meanwhile, at 3pm a football match will break out.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 12:36 - Apr 24 with 7179 viewsstonebridgers

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 09:57 - Apr 24 by wombat

remind me how much property was damaged last time they come down to LR ?
I think they had 3 times the amount that night as they will have on sat , police will be out in force smaller mob to handle yes will be trouble but sorry I don't see them charging down the uxbridge road on chariots with scythes on there wheels cutting all and sundrie down as they make there way to LR. before they launch flame throwers from there aging backsides taking out the wegerle steps and the paladini filing cabinet.

I was actually talking about atmosphere INSIDE THE GROUND by the way

I think last time we played them was midweek and the reason thye did not tuen up with the chariots with scythes was down to havung to pay the congestion charge coming through London.
As it is a SAutrday it might be different but if they know about the parking restrictions and traffic for Westfield they may be sensible and decide to leave them at home again this time.

Stonebridgers

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 12:55 - Apr 24 with 7136 viewsgjc104

I always drive with my young daughter down from Stoke to West Ruislip and then Central Line in to White City. Usually get to LR about 90 mins before KO. Dont plan to change that routine.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 13:21 - Apr 24 with 7085 viewswombat

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 10:06 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

I appreciate what you said about the atmosphere inside the ground,but the hordes have to get there first.Why should innocent people or fans going about their business be terrorised by these animals?
We also had the best noise from the away fans ive heard all season on Monday and we still only made any noise in the last 20 minutes.

Think I'll give the rest of this thread a miss to anyone who's that concerned about the ravaging hoards on sat Turning the bush into a post nuclear wasteland maybe stay at home if you are that concerned . I actually get more nervous shopping in westfields on January than I feel about a few ageing wanna bes turning up on sat to watch a. Game of football

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 14:23 - Apr 24 with 7017 viewsstowmarketrange

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 13:21 - Apr 24 by wombat

Think I'll give the rest of this thread a miss to anyone who's that concerned about the ravaging hoards on sat Turning the bush into a post nuclear wasteland maybe stay at home if you are that concerned . I actually get more nervous shopping in westfields on January than I feel about a few ageing wanna bes turning up on sat to watch a. Game of football

Thanks for your show of concern about your fellow R's fans,local people,traders and publicans who just MIGHT be inconvenienced by a few ageing wanna bes
Some pubs rely on the trade they get from our matches every other week,especially with an end of season play-off place already secured,some fans may have decided to make a day and night of it and spent their money locally.
Maybe some fans might change their plans and decide not to take the risk and head off home straight after the game?
Maybe some of us are being over cautious,and the day will all pass off peacefully?I don't have a crystal ball so I can't tell what happens,but one thing I can definitely say is that I wish we were playing another team at home this Saturday.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 14:24 - Apr 24 with 7016 viewssimmo

As long as my pub is open, I'm not bothered.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 14:44 - Apr 24 with 6983 viewswombat

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 14:23 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

Thanks for your show of concern about your fellow R's fans,local people,traders and publicans who just MIGHT be inconvenienced by a few ageing wanna bes
Some pubs rely on the trade they get from our matches every other week,especially with an end of season play-off place already secured,some fans may have decided to make a day and night of it and spent their money locally.
Maybe some fans might change their plans and decide not to take the risk and head off home straight after the game?
Maybe some of us are being over cautious,and the day will all pass off peacefully?I don't have a crystal ball so I can't tell what happens,but one thing I can definitely say is that I wish we were playing another team at home this Saturday.

plenty of concern about my fellow fans thanks , and lovely that your thinking of the local pubs chicken shops etc and there lost custom becuase the hoards from millwall are coming to rape and pillage the local area. for a few hours last time they came don't remember any pubs getting smashed up , or resturants being wrecked , and im sure the local police wil be fairly obvious in the local area to stop any of this happening .

with the local pubs having security on there doors most match days id acutally think they will be happy when the football season is over they seem plenty busy enough on non match days and don't have to provide security for giles and Helena on there way from westfields either.

over cautious yes but nothing wrong with that but ive seen more trouble in loftus road in recent years from cardiff , Swansea Birmingham Portsmouth and I bet you wasnt getting your knickers in a twist in the same way you are now with the mighty millwall

the football factory isnt a BBC2 fly on the wall film either

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 14:59 - Apr 24 with 6941 viewsstowmarketrange

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 14:44 - Apr 24 by wombat

plenty of concern about my fellow fans thanks , and lovely that your thinking of the local pubs chicken shops etc and there lost custom becuase the hoards from millwall are coming to rape and pillage the local area. for a few hours last time they came don't remember any pubs getting smashed up , or resturants being wrecked , and im sure the local police wil be fairly obvious in the local area to stop any of this happening .

with the local pubs having security on there doors most match days id acutally think they will be happy when the football season is over they seem plenty busy enough on non match days and don't have to provide security for giles and Helena on there way from westfields either.

over cautious yes but nothing wrong with that but ive seen more trouble in loftus road in recent years from cardiff , Swansea Birmingham Portsmouth and I bet you wasnt getting your knickers in a twist in the same way you are now with the mighty millwall

the football factory isnt a BBC2 fly on the wall film either

The difference 3 years ago was that all the Millwall fans that wanted to be at the game got tickets.This time they haven't.
I don't live locally so I can't comment on the pub trade during a normal day,but some may close up rather than risk the hassle that MIGHT happen.And those that do stay open may see a drop in trade before and after the game.
As for your other comment,the op was concerned enough to mention it on this board.I have the same concerns,not for myself,but for my 12 year old daughter.Does she deserve to possibly see things that she shouldn't have to?Shall I explain to her that if something nasty happens that its ok because the atmosphere will be good in the ground?
Other people will change their plans because of the risks of trouble.Others won't,but that is for everyone to make their own decisions on their own safety.
As someone who uses the central line at White City to get to and from the ground,we might just be more careful in what we do and what time we leave.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 16:03 - Apr 24 with 6890 viewswombat

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 14:59 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

The difference 3 years ago was that all the Millwall fans that wanted to be at the game got tickets.This time they haven't.
I don't live locally so I can't comment on the pub trade during a normal day,but some may close up rather than risk the hassle that MIGHT happen.And those that do stay open may see a drop in trade before and after the game.
As for your other comment,the op was concerned enough to mention it on this board.I have the same concerns,not for myself,but for my 12 year old daughter.Does she deserve to possibly see things that she shouldn't have to?Shall I explain to her that if something nasty happens that its ok because the atmosphere will be good in the ground?
Other people will change their plans because of the risks of trouble.Others won't,but that is for everyone to make their own decisions on their own safety.
As someone who uses the central line at White City to get to and from the ground,we might just be more careful in what we do and what time we leave.

do you honestly think that more than couple of hundred millwall are gonna come over and force there way into LR ? in the situation for sat the pubs don't normally have a say in being open or closing there doors the police normally say yah or nah as to them opening up or not .

you do love using the atmosphere comment yet it will be edgy inside the ground and these days your daughter is just as likely to see aggro on any London street or shoping arcade , that's London life these days im sorry to say.

and I also use white city to get to and from games the police will prob send millwall back via the bush or wood lane station id guess .

obviously you want to protect your family so can I guess that you wouldn't have thought about bringing her to games say ten years ago when the possibility of aggro was prtty much certain most weeks no matter who we played home or away not being nosey just a question as to how peoples idea have changed with regards to how safe it is at football now compared to what it was like in the 90s say

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 16:15 - Apr 24 with 6860 viewspaulparker

Not being funny but why take a 12 year old Girl to QPR /Millwall
I have a step daughter a year older and I wouldn't dream of taking her to this one
as much as kids don't want to miss out I would actually leave her at home for this one
and if you must go on your own

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 16:32 - Apr 24 with 6833 viewsHunterhoop

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 14:24 - Apr 24 by simmo

As long as my pub is open, I'm not bothered.

Yet again, the key point raised.

Which begs the question, what pubs are open? Are any shutting?
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 16:36 - Apr 24 with 6816 viewswombat

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 16:32 - Apr 24 by Hunterhoop

Yet again, the key point raised.

Which begs the question, what pubs are open? Are any shutting?

not heard of anything official about pubs shutting think the sceptre maybe open to regs can imagine the ones around the bush green will either shut or be surrounded by old bill

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 17:02 - Apr 24 with 6782 viewsstowmarketrange

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 16:15 - Apr 24 by paulparker

Not being funny but why take a 12 year old Girl to QPR /Millwall
I have a step daughter a year older and I wouldn't dream of taking her to this one
as much as kids don't want to miss out I would actually leave her at home for this one
and if you must go on your own

We will get there early and walk to the shops in South Africa rd and then into the ground around 2 pm.i can't see there bring much trouble that way and we may stay watching the players on their lap of honour if there is one.If there isn't,we may go straight away on the final whistle,depending on the score.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 17:13 - Apr 24 with 6757 viewspaulparker

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 17:02 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

We will get there early and walk to the shops in South Africa rd and then into the ground around 2 pm.i can't see there bring much trouble that way and we may stay watching the players on their lap of honour if there is one.If there isn't,we may go straight away on the final whistle,depending on the score.

Fairplay Stow,
its not a knock on you BTW, I take my stepdaughter now & again and she loves it
just that Millwall at Home is one I wouldn't take her to
hope you & your daughter have a trouble free day

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 17:19 - Apr 24 with 6746 viewsstowmarketrange

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 17:13 - Apr 24 by paulparker

Fairplay Stow,
its not a knock on you BTW, I take my stepdaughter now & again and she loves it
just that Millwall at Home is one I wouldn't take her to
hope you & your daughter have a trouble free day

Cheers.She enjoys the away games more than home ones really.We went to about 12 or 13 away games last season and she never complained.She kept asking for the childline number though.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 17:23 - Apr 24 with 6738 viewspaulparker

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 17:19 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

Cheers.She enjoys the away games more than home ones really.We went to about 12 or 13 away games last season and she never complained.She kept asking for the childline number though.

Ha Ha
funny thing is I told her QPR was all about Disappointment and her 1st game was the MK Dons Debacle , now I get hounded into taking her when I can, its a bug this club !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024