Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. 12:15 - Apr 23 with 13265 viewssparkes12

Me and my daughter normally come in on the hammersmith & city/circle line and get off at Shepards bush market,then walk to the ground,its been her first year as ST holder and dont want her to experiance anything to put her off coming next year.So wondering if there is a better route where we are less likely to encounter any possible trouble from the Millwall lot.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 12:24 - Apr 23 with 5673 viewsstowmarketrange

Central Line to White City is your best option as there isn't anything for them to do there,and they will probably go Shepherd's Bush instead.
Although I did have the misfortune to have their mob on my central line train the last time we played them in a night game.They did all get off at the bush though.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 12:35]
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 12:30 - Apr 23 with 5638 viewsTonto

just get to the ground early - maybe just after 2. they will still be in the pub, along with our nutters...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 12:30 - Apr 23 with 5637 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Or Wood Lane possibly a quieter walk in.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 12:37 - Apr 23 with 5587 viewsSnipper

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 12:30 - Apr 23 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Or Wood Lane possibly a quieter walk in.

When we played them on the Tuesday night in our promotion season, they were rounded up at Wood Lane and marshalled to the ground. It was kicking off too.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 12:56 - Apr 23 with 5512 viewssimmo

Ground is opening half hour earlier so you should be able to get there well before. I am sure you will be fine.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 13:17 - Apr 23 with 5442 viewsthemodfather

expect police everywhere near the ground and at stations.
rumours of police "spot checks" near ground too....

one game, one team and a war zone and martial law is needed, well done the football league. they allow it.
let one director of the football league or fa attend saturday as a "fan" and see for themselves the chaos and cost of one team..
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 13:32 - Apr 23 with 5396 viewsstowmarketrange

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 12:56 - Apr 23 by simmo

Ground is opening half hour earlier so you should be able to get there well before. I am sure you will be fine.

And it is staying open until MOTD starts just in case.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 13:34 - Apr 23 with 5384 viewsQPunkR

I'm playing a game myself down in SE London at 11:30 on Sat so will have to make my way there with a load of those tossers no doubt!

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 15:51 - Apr 23 with 5234 viewsPinnerPaul

Says on Offy that only way into Ellerslie rd for Millwall will be via Bloemfontain, does that mean we've got to walk all the way round and enter Ellerslie from LR?
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 16:02 - Apr 23 with 5200 viewssimmo

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 15:51 - Apr 23 by PinnerPaul

Says on Offy that only way into Ellerslie rd for Millwall will be via Bloemfontain, does that mean we've got to walk all the way round and enter Ellerslie from LR?

How will they enforce that? Are they saying OB will round them up at the station and march them down Bloemfontein via Uxbridge Road?

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 16:03 - Apr 23 with 5194 viewsqueensparker

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 15:51 - Apr 23 by PinnerPaul

I think they had a dry run with Watford's "mob" on Monday (ten sub-Danny Dyers nervously doing the occasional w*nker sign every now and then behind hundreds of police, plus a load of families). They got taken all the way down Uxbridge Road from the Bush roundabout and then up Bloemfontein Rd.

That was quite funny/tragic, Wall will probably be a bit different.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 16:05 - Apr 23 with 5180 viewssimmo

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 16:03 - Apr 23 by queensparker

I think they had a dry run with Watford's "mob" on Monday (ten sub-Danny Dyers nervously doing the occasional w*nker sign every now and then behind hundreds of police, plus a load of families). They got taken all the way down Uxbridge Road from the Bush roundabout and then up Bloemfontein Rd.

That was quite funny/tragic, Wall will probably be a bit different.

I thought there was a lot of police/stewards for a Watford game. It was a joke! We walk right past the away entrance on my way into LR, never had any bother.

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 17:12 - Apr 23 with 5050 viewsmorgantwin

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 16:05 - Apr 23 by simmo

I thought there was a lot of police/stewards for a Watford game. It was a joke! We walk right past the away entrance on my way into LR, never had any bother.

the police were only there to protect the watford,as you say i saw them and it almost impossible not to burst out laughing
they looked like brentford football club no big geezers just idiots
millwall is a bit differant whereby they will bring some serious headcases,but if the ranger with his daughter ensures he wears his colours no millwall will dare to confront him,whilst his with his daughter
you see with them its all about being hard,and attacking a qpr fan with his daughter walking through shephards bush market just aint hard
so the only flash point will be after the game after they have been slaughterd 6-0 they wont have a very good sense of humour so hang around and let them disperse
then you can go on your tube home

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 17:26 - Apr 23 with 5027 viewseastside_r

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 16:02 - Apr 23 by simmo

How will they enforce that? Are they saying OB will round them up at the station and march them down Bloemfontein via Uxbridge Road?

Last time the police rounded them up and marched them up Wood Lane from the green and took them into SAR. They then marched them to within about 100 yards of the ground where they held them until right before kick-off.

In short it is a bit difficult to predict what the police will do as they will not be giving away any operational clues in advance, for obvious reasons.

To the OP, I would stick to the routine you know best so that in the event of any trouble you are completely au fait with your surroundings. Have a back up route planned i.e. if if it is kicking off at SBM stay on until Wood Lane. And of course don't wear colours.

As others have said, ridiculous and depressing that we should even be discussing such things.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 17:39 - Apr 23 with 4997 viewsDevonWhite

Do we know if the Crown & Sceptre is opening before the game?
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 17:56 - Apr 23 with 4968 viewsPinnerPaul

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 16:02 - Apr 23 by simmo

Don't know - I'm not organising the police operation, just quoting the offy!
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 18:06 - Apr 23 with 4950 viewsbarbicanranger

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 12:37 - Apr 23 by Snipper

When we played them on the Tuesday night in our promotion season, they were rounded up at Wood Lane and marshalled to the ground. It was kicking off too.

this
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 19:19 - Apr 23 with 4860 viewssmegma

Reading between the lines I'd hazard a guess they will have both ends of Ellerslie Rd 'policed' with ticket checking in place.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 23:33 - Apr 23 with 4651 viewsPlumsteadQPR

It's not Ghengis Khan and the Mongol hordes lads FFS.
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 23:45 - Apr 23 with 4633 viewsTacticalR

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 23:33 - Apr 23 by PlumsteadQPR

Yes, I'm sure they're all good Christian men

Air hostess clique

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 23:59 - Apr 23 with 4619 viewskingsburyR

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 23:33 - Apr 23 by PlumsteadQPR

Ditto.

Looking forward to them coming down in all honesty.

Adds a bit of spice!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 09:41 - Apr 24 with 4421 viewswombat

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 23:59 - Apr 23 by kingsburyR

Ditto.

Looking forward to them coming down in all honesty.

Adds a bit of spice!

same as kingsbury funnily enough , decent atmosphere in the ground , bit like football used to be before james and Geoffrey started showing up in there barbour jackets with tarquin in tow behind them

yes we all know theres gonna be trouble , and those who want to join in will do those who don't wont.

the police will be highly visible and id guess any trouble will happen well away frm the ground as usual .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 09:51 - Apr 24 with 4393 viewsstowmarketrange

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 09:41 - Apr 24 by wombat

same as kingsbury funnily enough , decent atmosphere in the ground , bit like football used to be before james and Geoffrey started showing up in there barbour jackets with tarquin in tow behind them

yes we all know theres gonna be trouble , and those who want to join in will do those who don't wont.

the police will be highly visible and id guess any trouble will happen well away frm the ground as usual .

So it is good to have the Millwall mob smashing up the pubs in the bush then because it will create a good atmosphere in the ground then?
What about the landlords and the shop owners who have their property damaged?
Or the innocent people that might get caught up in it all?
Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 09:57 - Apr 24 with 4375 viewswombat

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 09:51 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

So it is good to have the Millwall mob smashing up the pubs in the bush then because it will create a good atmosphere in the ground then?
What about the landlords and the shop owners who have their property damaged?
Or the innocent people that might get caught up in it all?

remind me how much property was damaged last time they come down to LR ?
I think they had 3 times the amount that night as they will have on sat , police will be out in force smaller mob to handle yes will be trouble but sorry I don't see them charging down the uxbridge road on chariots with scythes on there wheels cutting all and sundrie down as they make there way to LR. before they launch flame throwers from there aging backsides taking out the wegerle steps and the paladini filing cabinet.

I was actually talking about atmosphere INSIDE THE GROUND by the way

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 10:06 - Apr 24 with 4359 viewsstowmarketrange

Best tube route to avoid those Millwall nutters.. on 09:57 - Apr 24 by wombat

remind me how much property was damaged last time they come down to LR ?
I think they had 3 times the amount that night as they will have on sat , police will be out in force smaller mob to handle yes will be trouble but sorry I don't see them charging down the uxbridge road on chariots with scythes on there wheels cutting all and sundrie down as they make there way to LR. before they launch flame throwers from there aging backsides taking out the wegerle steps and the paladini filing cabinet.

I was actually talking about atmosphere INSIDE THE GROUND by the way

I appreciate what you said about the atmosphere inside the ground,but the hordes have to get there first.Why should innocent people or fans going about their business be terrorised by these animals?
We also had the best noise from the away fans ive heard all season on Monday and we still only made any noise in the last 20 minutes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024