Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Britain a Christian Country? 15:04 - Apr 23 with 3953 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've been following this debate with interest, but I'm no wiser for all that I've read. The debate seems to be about whether Britain feels Christian, or has a majority of Christians.

Do any of you wise souls know if Britain is actually Christian by definition ie is Britain constitutionally a theocracy? Or, like other Countries, does its constitutuon recognise God in some other way other than as its divine leader? Or has theology nop part at all in Britain's constitution apart from shared roles by the British Queen and some peers.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 09:50 - Apr 24 with 785 viewsTheBlob

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 09:33 - Apr 24 by Pommyhoop

Ignorance be no excuse.Repent.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 09:55 - Apr 24 with 776 viewsPommyhoop

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 09:50 - Apr 24 by TheBlob

Ignorance be no excuse.Repent.

Sod that burning lark. Stoning is the way to go..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 09:57 - Apr 24 with 773 viewsDiscodroid

holloway me old mate...for some reason when i read all the anti daily mail, shouty steaming pile of toxic hemp and tofu that is flung around on here...a tune keeps coming into my head....

"this is what it sounds like ..when doves cry".

just sit back smile and vote accordingly ..i feel the beery breath of farage creeping over the nations shoulder come the 22nd..

i have news on andy ' the bald wasp' johnson...age unknown , begat 2,200 years or so.

his last known goal was thought to be mesolithic, having been excavated in northern europe in 1959 . carbon isotopes analyisis have be proven the 'goal' as a near perfect fake..

" im obviously disapointed ,said the character from 'the watchmen', but i feel a goal is just around the corner, possibly in time for the apperance of haleys comet in 2061, as long as im not injured or a cyborg of some kind, perhaps augmented with esp. or perhaps engineerd to toil in the harsh lithium mines of europa" , he ventured...

andy continued to wax lyrical about the possibility of hybrid human life , or splicing, if you will, and the very nature of the cosmos ..this reporter left £50 and made his excuses..

discodroid"packing up his troubles in his old kit bag and off to the polling staition, with a smile,smile,smile'
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 12:31]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 10:01 - Apr 24 with 765 viewsPommyhoop

Disco ,whats happening on the 22nd? Election time again allready is it?

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 10:14 - Apr 24 with 747 viewsDiscodroid

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 10:01 - Apr 24 by Pommyhoop

Disco ,whats happening on the 22nd? Election time again allready is it?

nice avatar pommy.

yeah just the euro's mate...ive kept off the politics for a good few months but thought old holloway was getting a recycled glove across his chops by various people on here.its all aload of old bollocks really.

you ok mate???

im trying to get blob/scotty out for the play offs...but he say's hed rather have harriet harman over for tea than go out on the lash with me!!.

gonna try to see some of the boys from the 'frankie thread', had a few messages so will sort something out.. at least for wembley , should we get there.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 10:24]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 10:29 - Apr 24 with 733 viewsPommyhoop

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 10:14 - Apr 24 by Discodroid

nice avatar pommy.

yeah just the euro's mate...ive kept off the politics for a good few months but thought old holloway was getting a recycled glove across his chops by various people on here.its all aload of old bollocks really.

you ok mate???

im trying to get blob/scotty out for the play offs...but he say's hed rather have harriet harman over for tea than go out on the lash with me!!.

gonna try to see some of the boys from the 'frankie thread', had a few messages so will sort something out.. at least for wembley , should we get there.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 10:24]

Yeah mate ,all good.
The avatar is my Grandad (top Man.) I changed it from the Anti H one because I recon we need a bit of luck going into the Play Offs .Superstitious one that I am..
You lucky ,lucky b@stards going to the play offs and maybe on it at Wemberly!!!
You never know my Lotto numbers may drop in in the next couple of weeks ..I'd be on the first plane over..
You dont want to get on it with Blob .I think he's a real Ale man. You'd end up sampling the delights of Speckled Freegans Codpiece or summink..

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 10:34 - Apr 24 with 728 viewsDiscodroid

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 10:29 - Apr 24 by Pommyhoop

Yeah mate ,all good.
The avatar is my Grandad (top Man.) I changed it from the Anti H one because I recon we need a bit of luck going into the Play Offs .Superstitious one that I am..
You lucky ,lucky b@stards going to the play offs and maybe on it at Wemberly!!!
You never know my Lotto numbers may drop in in the next couple of weeks ..I'd be on the first plane over..
You dont want to get on it with Blob .I think he's a real Ale man. You'd end up sampling the delights of Speckled Freegans Codpiece or summink..

awww thats a great heart warming picture mate!!!.

yep. sod blob , the anti social intellectual...im going with morgan twin (who is obviously top boy) with the frankie boys as he's eager
minions....you'll be with us in spirit...i cannot wait ...want to crush the demons of 82 and 86 at wembley....
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 12:28]

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 10:41 - Apr 24 with 721 viewsPommyhoop

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 10:34 - Apr 24 by Discodroid

yep. sod blob , the anti social intellectual...im going with morgan twin (who is obviously top boy) with the frankie boys as he's eager
minions....you'll be with us in spirit...i cannot wait ...want to crush the demons of 82 and 86 at wembley....

Login to get fewer ads

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 12:56 - Apr 24 with 655 viewsR_from_afar

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 20:28 - Apr 23 by BlackCrowe

Whatever you're faith (and I admit to mine being cloudy at best), the churches (and many are absolutely stunning) around our country are a fantastic part of the landscape and the local vicar, hymns, congregation seems to be more of a good thing than a negative whether you are religious, agnostic or atheist.

What an enlightened approach, nice one, hats off to you sir.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 13:19 - Apr 24 with 643 viewsjohann28

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 20:22 - Apr 23 by DylanP

The Queen is the head of state. She is also the head of the Anglican church. There is no seperation of church and state and they are one and the same thing. Anglican Bishops are automatically part of the House of Lords.

As a result, Britain is clearly a theocracy run by a bunch of religious zealots and mullahs.

* The Queen's role is ceremonial; she is very little direct power, whether over state or church
* The Anglican bishops are a tiny minority of the Lords, and the Lords' power as a whole is also very limited relative to the Commons. Moreover, none of these bishops as far as I'm aware could be called 'zealots' - if anything, they tend to be on the 'liberal' side in practice.

So - claims that the country is a 'theocracy of religious zealots and mullahs' seems quite absurd to me.
Is Britain a Christian Country? on 13:28 - Apr 24 with 624 viewsDiscodroid

having watched that programe on TV last night ..'how to get a council house'.

i could detect no dangerous signs of christian activity throughout the 60 minutes .

keep em peeled.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 13:31]

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 13:51 - Apr 24 with 600 viewsTheBlob

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 10:34 - Apr 24 by Discodroid

Yeah,"sod Blob" how often am I going to get jilted in this fashion?
And I was going to let you share my bottle of vintage Glenhoddle....
"not a drop is sold until it's seven hours old".

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 13:54 - Apr 24 with 597 viewsTheBlob

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 09:49 - Apr 24 by Aunt_Nelly

Big props to Clive for trying to shoehorn 'Climate change' into a thread about Christianity which has already started to mutate into a thread about Islam.

All we need now is a 'New Stadium with extra legroom' thread by Glous, 'Talli to return with some Ginge-Rock, Paladini's poodles to return as 'lifelong fans' again plus some word association and it'll be like the ol'days.

SOMBRERO!

But alas no midgets.

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 14:15 - Apr 24 with 582 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I like the norse pantheon if i had to choose.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 14:22 - Apr 24 with 578 viewsDiscodroid

many moons ago in my city days..i used to worship a 6ft( in her cha cha heels) flaming red haired dominatrix in gracechurch street , london.

usually strapped to a captains wheel with a snooker ball in my mouth, while ripped to the tits on south american quakers oats.

still, it made me the man i am today.

'hallelujah, for i am saved'

come to think of it, most of them were from the eurasian lowlands, so i certainly benefited from incoming hard working migrants , and at a fraction of the price of our 'homegrown workshy spongers' !!

in many ways i was a visionary , encouraging trade with our partners overseas..clegg would have been proud of me.

'
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 14:54]

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 14:29 - Apr 24 with 569 viewsPommyhoop

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 14:22 - Apr 24 by Discodroid

many moons ago in my city days..i used to worship a 6ft( in her cha cha heels) flaming red haired dominatrix in gracechurch street , london.

usually strapped to a captains wheel with a snooker ball in my mouth, while ripped to the tits on south american quakers oats.

come to think of it, most of them were from the eurasian lowlands, so i certainly benefited from incoming hard working migrants , and at a fraction of the price of our 'homegrown workshy spongers' !!

in many ways i was a visionary , encouraging trade with our partners overseas..clegg would have been proud of me.

'

Was that Man City or Norwich City?

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 14:34 - Apr 24 with 561 viewsTheBlob

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 14:22 - Apr 24 by Discodroid

'

Are you Anti Spongeitic now?When will the persecution cease?

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 14:39 - Apr 24 with 550 viewsDiscodroid

dont be daft blob...your my number one man...im thinking of ways to get your dilithium crystals restored to there former glory in time for the play offs.

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 14:54 - Apr 24 with 525 viewsTheBlob

Is Britain a Christian Country? on 14:39 - Apr 24 by Discodroid

dont be daft blob...your my number one man...im thinking of ways to get your dilithium crystals restored to there former glory in time for the play offs.

Captain,the Dilithium crystals are completely fokked,there's nae enough power for the tea let alone the transporters.It'll have tae be the tube."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024