Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin deal 17:24 - Apr 23 with 3888 viewssimmo

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-boss-offered-pla

Talk of Hill and Green discussing contracts soon. Is there a reason Faurlin has not been offered a new deal yet? They should have done this months and months ago. it was brought up recently for some positive PR after the HR quotes on him caused a stir, then quiet again.

We have been shown up by Wigan here after Watson broke his leg and was instantly given a new deal. Poor from rangers and the board.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Faurlin deal on 17:59 - Apr 23 with 2920 viewsPinnerPaul

How do you get to "Faurlin deal" from that article - he's not even mentioned.

We're waiting to see what div we're in before discussing deals - what's the story there?!
Faurlin deal on 18:13 - Apr 23 with 2875 viewsHunterhoop

Faurlin deal on 17:59 - Apr 23 by PinnerPaul

We're waiting to see what div we're in before discussing deals - what's the story there?!

err...care to read what Simmo actually posted?

The point he's making is Redknapp publically said he'd spoken to Philip Beard and they would be offering Faurlin a contract extension. Since then, nothing has happened.

If the decision has been made, as Redknapp clearly indicated it had, what's the wait? He never said it was dependent on which division we're in when he made that comment. He said we were going to offer the extension. Lots of people, including me, applauded him for getting that achieved, especially if it was a personal u-turn for him.

However, doesn't appear it's happened and now we're saying "we're going to wait until the end of the season"....so in reality, it's not guaranteed, like Redknapp said, that Faurlin is getting an extension.

I hope that's clear enough.
Faurlin deal on 18:34 - Apr 23 with 2814 viewssimmo

Faurlin deal on 17:59 - Apr 23 by PinnerPaul

There is no story in 'we're waiting to see what division we're in before discussing deals', which is why I didnt comment on it. But the last paragraph says;

"Defender Richard Dunne has already won a year’s extension. Rob Green and Clint Hill are expected in talks soon for new deals, but Stephane Mbia and Loic Remy are almost certain to be sold, and the fate of 15 more, out of contract, hangs in the balance."

Which got me thinking about why Faurlin still hasn't been offered a deal, SPECIFICALLY because Redknapp used that point as positive PR quite recently.

Good enough?

Faurlin deal on 18:52 - Apr 23 with 2762 viewsRuislipHoop

No point in offering him a new contract or an extension as we don't know who will be manager next season
Faurlin deal on 18:56 - Apr 23 with 2739 viewsE17hoop

Faurlin deal on 18:13 - Apr 23 by Hunterhoop

err...care to read what Simmo actually posted?

The point he's making is Redknapp publically said he'd spoken to Philip Beard and they would be offering Faurlin a contract extension. Since then, nothing has happened.

If the decision has been made, as Redknapp clearly indicated it had, what's the wait? He never said it was dependent on which division we're in when he made that comment. He said we were going to offer the extension. Lots of people, including me, applauded him for getting that achieved, especially if it was a personal u-turn for him.

However, doesn't appear it's happened and now we're saying "we're going to wait until the end of the season"....so in reality, it's not guaranteed, like Redknapp said, that Faurlin is getting an extension.

I hope that's clear enough.

Isn't publicly calling out a contract offer what caused Gino and Gianni to clash?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Faurlin deal on 20:18 - Apr 23 with 2580 viewsDylanP

Faurlin deal on 18:34 - Apr 23 by simmo

There is no story in 'we're waiting to see what division we're in before discussing deals', which is why I didnt comment on it. But the last paragraph says;

"Defender Richard Dunne has already won a year’s extension. Rob Green and Clint Hill are expected in talks soon for new deals, but Stephane Mbia and Loic Remy are almost certain to be sold, and the fate of 15 more, out of contract, hangs in the balance."

Which got me thinking about why Faurlin still hasn't been offered a deal, SPECIFICALLY because Redknapp used that point as positive PR quite recently.

Good enough?

You may need to steel yourself for some bad news -- any player who has been on a team's books for two years without putting in more than a handful of productive games is unlikely to get a new contract, never mind how popular that player is with the fans. There is just too much risk. Players rarely come back from serious injury at 100%. Its just a sad fact. Remember Vine. Or Rowland. Or Gallen. Or Langley. All great players at the time of their injury who never made it back to the same level of performance. And Faurlin is trying to come back from two injuries back-to-back. Anyone who offers him an automatic contract extension would be mad. The best he could hope for is some sort of performance based contract that depends on the number of games played. Its a shame because before his first injury he was one of the most influential players on the team and before his second injury he looked to finally be regaining his form. And, lord knows, he is just the sort of player we need.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Faurlin deal on 20:44 - Apr 23 with 2490 viewsbosh67

If I was in charge Ali would be given an interim pay as you play contract with the club paying for him to do his coaching badges and giving him a coaching role within the set up. If he proves his fitness next season then he would get a yearly renewal.

I would also offer to put Joey and Clint through their badges and then I would have Steve Gallen, Furs, Clint, Joey and Ali set up to coach the first and U21 teams as a coaching team unit, bringing through the younger players.

I would also have Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox as the club doctors, just to get one up on Chelsea.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Faurlin deal on 20:48 - Apr 23 with 2462 viewsBlackCrowe

Faurlin deal on 20:18 - Apr 23 by DylanP

You may need to steel yourself for some bad news -- any player who has been on a team's books for two years without putting in more than a handful of productive games is unlikely to get a new contract, never mind how popular that player is with the fans. There is just too much risk. Players rarely come back from serious injury at 100%. Its just a sad fact. Remember Vine. Or Rowland. Or Gallen. Or Langley. All great players at the time of their injury who never made it back to the same level of performance. And Faurlin is trying to come back from two injuries back-to-back. Anyone who offers him an automatic contract extension would be mad. The best he could hope for is some sort of performance based contract that depends on the number of games played. Its a shame because before his first injury he was one of the most influential players on the team and before his second injury he looked to finally be regaining his form. And, lord knows, he is just the sort of player we need.

Alas this is true, truly hope Ale is an exception.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin deal on 21:54 - Apr 23 with 2317 viewssimmo

You take care of your own, not giving him another year would be a disgrace. It's not as if he would be demanding unreasonable wages or wouldn't do all he can to repay the faith. Happy with a short deal with an extension based on games played, but there needs to be a deal in place.

Apart from anything else, you shouldn't have Redknapp or the board coming out talking about 'not leaving a player out to dry' if you're then not going to make right on those words.

Faurlin deal on 22:01 - Apr 23 with 2291 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Faurlin deal on 21:54 - Apr 23 by simmo

You take care of your own, not giving him another year would be a disgrace. It's not as if he would be demanding unreasonable wages or wouldn't do all he can to repay the faith. Happy with a short deal with an extension based on games played, but there needs to be a deal in place.

Apart from anything else, you shouldn't have Redknapp or the board coming out talking about 'not leaving a player out to dry' if you're then not going to make right on those words.

Chalk it down, Simmo.

It's a damning inictment of both management and ownership that this hasn't happened already. Damning.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Faurlin deal on 23:02 - Apr 23 with 2173 viewsQPR_Jim

Exactly. He may never be the same player he was but you don't just cut a player adrift like that. It might be different if he was in his 30's and had moved around a lot in his career. But Ale came to this country to play for QPR and he always put in every effort to adapt and become a key player. To suggest we should leave him high and dry while his career is in doubt is wrong. If QPR want to develope some sort of spirit at the club it could do a lot worse than keeping hold of Ale and offering him a coaching role if he can't get back to where he was.
Faurlin deal on 00:06 - Apr 24 with 2057 viewsHollowayRanger

sorry we have to make cuts painfull ones at that if not promoted

faurlin out of contract and injured with another very bad injury is an easy target

dont scream me down faurlin in his prime was one of our best players ,i hope he is offered something but it cant be a full contract unless he's capable of playing, a basic £1000-2000 a week plus apperances fee and bouns would be fair

thats still £52,000-£104,000 a year more than most people could dream of making

as for green staying cant be on same contract that would be crazy unless ceser goes

if ceser stays then i would let green go we cant keep two over paid keepers

hill stays no matter what either as player of coaching staff

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Faurlin deal on 08:26 - Apr 24 with 1910 viewsDylanP

There has never been a time when this was true. Not at QPR and not anywhere else either. Its just a fact that if you pay out more than you bring in, eventually the club will go bankrupt. At some point the books have to be balanced. You can "rose-tinted glasses" it all you like, or sound outraged and shocked at the behavior of EVERY BOARD OF EVERY TEAM IN FOOTBALL, but at the end of the day it comes out of ticket sales and then out of somebodies pocket. And that kind of excess spending can't go on forever without the club getting itself into real difficulties. We've been in Administration once, we don't want to go back down that dark path. We already have a problem with out pay-roll; it is too big. It would be crazy to give Ale a contract -- pay-as-you-play perhaps, but a full contract would be madness and there would be loads on this message board slagging off the board if they did such a thing. Ale has been paid between 1-5 and 3 million pounds over the last two years (depending on who you believe as to his salary), so its not like he is hard up for cash and its not like the club would be throwing him out on the streets as a penniless beggar.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Faurlin deal on 08:38 - Apr 24 with 1884 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dylan,

There comes a point when you have to establish an ethos in a squad and in a club, when you wish to put into pracrice a code that states that loyalty will be reqarded with loyalty.

Faurlin is one of our lesser-paid players, and would surely accept s hort-term contract with a lower base and an emphasis on incentives and targets. With our wage bill, it would be a drop in the ocean, and it would be money well spent if he never played again.

The chances of that happening are slim, though, thankfully. Cruciates were once career-ending, then career-threatening, then performance-limiting and now are often no barrier to full recovery. I know of one Gaelic footballer who has rupured voth knees and is playing better than ever by anyone's estimatio, and this in a contact sport. With surgery so improved and recovery programmes unrecognisable from only ten to fifteen years ago, ACL injuries are no longer anywhere near as serious as they once were.

It would be typical of this regime to splurge 200m on various misadventures and then fail to see the many values in investing 0.5m where it is both needed, wise, correct and prudent.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Faurlin deal on 08:56 - Apr 24 with 1856 viewssimmo

£1000 a week is £52,000 a year.

Giving Faulrin a new deal wouldnt put us on 'the road to ruin', it would show a bit of class.

Faurlin deal on 09:29 - Apr 24 with 1800 viewsJamie

Faurlin deal on 08:26 - Apr 24 by DylanP

There has never been a time when this was true. Not at QPR and not anywhere else either. Its just a fact that if you pay out more than you bring in, eventually the club will go bankrupt. At some point the books have to be balanced. You can "rose-tinted glasses" it all you like, or sound outraged and shocked at the behavior of EVERY BOARD OF EVERY TEAM IN FOOTBALL, but at the end of the day it comes out of ticket sales and then out of somebodies pocket. And that kind of excess spending can't go on forever without the club getting itself into real difficulties. We've been in Administration once, we don't want to go back down that dark path. We already have a problem with out pay-roll; it is too big. It would be crazy to give Ale a contract -- pay-as-you-play perhaps, but a full contract would be madness and there would be loads on this message board slagging off the board if they did such a thing. Ale has been paid between 1-5 and 3 million pounds over the last two years (depending on who you believe as to his salary), so its not like he is hard up for cash and its not like the club would be throwing him out on the streets as a penniless beggar.

Stoke funded Sidibe through 3 ACL injuries. Swansea funded Bodde through 4. Bolton have stuck with Holden through 4 years of constant injuries.

Pretty sad state of affairs in my personal opinion that any fan would agree with Faurlin being let go at the end of the season. This is a player who has been with the club longer than anyone else here, has always given absolutely everything for the cause, loves the club and is loved in return by the fans and quietly does a lot of community work.

Of course he should be given another short deal. Even if it was only £500 a week and being put through his coaching badges.

Really quite scary in my humble opinion how quickly some fans have forgotten who QPR really are, or more aptly, were.
Faurlin deal on 11:16 - Apr 24 with 1720 viewsPinnerPaul

Faurlin deal on 18:34 - Apr 23 by simmo

Good enough?

I think Dunne was written into his contract that's why he is the only one that anything has happened with.

So AF not getting any special treatment one way or the other, as you say no story really.
Faurlin deal on 11:26 - Apr 24 with 1701 viewsdanehoop

Faurlin deal on 11:16 - Apr 24 by PinnerPaul

I think Dunne was written into his contract that's why he is the only one that anything has happened with.

So AF not getting any special treatment one way or the other, as you say no story really.

What I am scratching my head about with this is that none of us know what has been discussed between the club and the player. At the time of the injury both The manager and chairman made clear he would be looked after and the contract issue would be resolved. Seen nothing to say that won't be the case, but that discussions are not going on between all parties in the open on the fans messages boards doesn't mean it isn't going on. It will be sorted.

Never knowingly understood

Faurlin deal on 11:26 - Apr 24 with 1698 viewsNorthernr

Faurlin deal on 08:26 - Apr 24 by DylanP

Sigh.
Faurlin deal on 11:27 - Apr 24 with 1696 viewstoboboly

He should get one, I agree that we shouldn't just cut people loose due to an injury when we were happy to piss money up the wall for SWP et al.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Faurlin deal on 11:33 - Apr 24 with 1669 viewsPommyhoop

Faurlin deal on 11:26 - Apr 24 by Northernr

Sigh.

Sigh is right.
We spurt money up the wall on the likes of SWP , Jordan ,Johnson and Dunne next year( I'm sorry the man is f@cked...) and you say we cant afford to give a real QPR man and a class player an extension ..
Wrong..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Faurlin deal on 11:44 - Apr 24 with 1644 viewsGloucs_R

For me - keep him at the club on a lower rolling weekly contract until he can either prove his fitness or is released.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Faurlin deal on 12:11 - Apr 24 with 1590 viewsTHEBUSH

The club have said he's getting a new contract and I've no reason to disbelieve it.
Faurlin deal on 12:32 - Apr 24 with 1551 viewstoboboly

Faurlin deal on 12:11 - Apr 24 by THEBUSH

The club have said he's getting a new contract and I've no reason to disbelieve it.

I think the issue is that they said that a while ago and nothing has been heard since.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Faurlin deal on 12:57 - Apr 24 with 1498 viewsJamie

Faurlin deal on 12:11 - Apr 24 by THEBUSH

The prosecution presents:

'The right sort'
'Young and hungry players only'
'No pants being pulled down anymore'
'No more deadline scrambling'

The club has history for stating utter bullshit that fans want to hear at opportune times...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024