Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin deal 17:24 - Apr 23 with 3983 viewssimmo

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-boss-offered-pla

Talk of Hill and Green discussing contracts soon. Is there a reason Faurlin has not been offered a new deal yet? They should have done this months and months ago. it was brought up recently for some positive PR after the HR quotes on him caused a stir, then quiet again.

We have been shown up by Wigan here after Watson broke his leg and was instantly given a new deal. Poor from rangers and the board.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Faurlin deal on 12:57 - Apr 24 with 884 viewsPinnerPaul

Faurlin deal on 22:01 - Apr 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Chalk it down, Simmo.

It's a damning inictment of both management and ownership that this hasn't happened already. Damning.

Why is it?

The only one renewed was a contractual case.

We don't know what div we're in, we don't know who the manager will be and the contracts don't end until 30th June in any case.

Really don't see it as being damning of anybody - we do love a fret on here don't we.
Faurlin deal on 13:03 - Apr 24 with 865 viewshoops_legend

Its not even a case of being sentimental... It makes sense to have someone like Faurlin around the club...

I can barely relate to any of the players anymore (Austin, Hill etc aside).... would like to get that back although the money in football makes that nay on impossible
Faurlin deal on 13:09 - Apr 24 with 847 viewsTHEBUSH

Faurlin deal on 12:57 - Apr 24 by Jamie

The prosecution presents:

'The right sort'
'Young and hungry players only'
'No pants being pulled down anymore'
'No more deadline scrambling'

The club has history for stating utter bullshit that fans want to hear at opportune times...

Sigh.
Faurlin deal on 13:09 - Apr 24 with 854 viewsjeffro

Anyone who actually thinks Ale would accept £1000 a week needs to lay off the crack pipe
Faurlin deal on 13:22 - Apr 24 with 825 viewsJamie

Faurlin deal on 13:09 - Apr 24 by THEBUSH

Sigh.

Many of us do indeed sigh when the club chuck out another puff piece within hours of mumblings of discontent amongst fans.
Faurlin deal on 13:24 - Apr 24 with 815 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Faurlin deal on 12:57 - Apr 24 by PinnerPaul

Why is it?

The only one renewed was a contractual case.

We don't know what div we're in, we don't know who the manager will be and the contracts don't end until 30th June in any case.

Really don't see it as being damning of anybody - we do love a fret on here don't we.

Posted again this morning on this Paul (8.38am).

I think it's both shameful and stupid.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Faurlin deal on 13:30 - Apr 24 with 797 viewsHunterhoop

Faurlin deal on 11:16 - Apr 24 by PinnerPaul

I think Dunne was written into his contract that's why he is the only one that anything has happened with.

So AF not getting any special treatment one way or the other, as you say no story really.

You really don't like reading do you?

It's a story because Harry Redknapp said he would get an extension. He said he's spoken to Beard and they'd agreed it.

Since then (months) nothing has happened.

Manager and CEO saying X but not actually doing X. That is a story.

Whether they should have said X and whether we should wait until the end of the season are entirely separate discussions and arguments.

Manager and CEO not doing what they promised is a story. It is yet more evidence of the lack of honesty and trustworthiness of those at the top of our club.
Faurlin deal on 14:16 - Apr 24 with 758 viewssimmo

Faurlin deal on 13:30 - Apr 24 by Hunterhoop

You really don't like reading do you?

It's a story because Harry Redknapp said he would get an extension. He said he's spoken to Beard and they'd agreed it.

Since then (months) nothing has happened.

Manager and CEO saying X but not actually doing X. That is a story.

Whether they should have said X and whether we should wait until the end of the season are entirely separate discussions and arguments.

Manager and CEO not doing what they promised is a story. It is yet more evidence of the lack of honesty and trustworthiness of those at the top of our club.

Also compounded by the fairly recent news of Ben Watson suffering a double leg break and being given a new deal within days. That to me shows some class, an understanding that you look after and reward the players in your team that deserve your loyalty and security.

Wigan don't know what division they are in next season, Wigan know they have until end of June before contracts usually run out, but there they are, doing right by their player who deserves it. It's not as if Ale isn't ALSO one of our most talented players, the fact he is a consumate professional that loves the club should just increase the clubs cause to keep people like that around.

I have said it before on here, some of you deserve the shit that we see at QPR these days, bunch of Phil Beards.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin deal on 16:59 - Apr 24 with 707 viewsdaveB

the club have said several times he'll be getting a new deal so imagine he is going to get one.
Faurlin deal on 21:27 - Apr 24 with 635 viewsFDC

Faurlin deal on 09:29 - Apr 24 by Jamie

Stoke funded Sidibe through 3 ACL injuries. Swansea funded Bodde through 4. Bolton have stuck with Holden through 4 years of constant injuries.

Pretty sad state of affairs in my personal opinion that any fan would agree with Faurlin being let go at the end of the season. This is a player who has been with the club longer than anyone else here, has always given absolutely everything for the cause, loves the club and is loved in return by the fans and quietly does a lot of community work.

Of course he should be given another short deal. Even if it was only £500 a week and being put through his coaching badges.

Really quite scary in my humble opinion how quickly some fans have forgotten who QPR really are, or more aptly, were.

This. Holloway Rangers talk of the need for cuts whilst we pay SW to play golf makes for a nice analogy for other matters... The arguments saying that we shouldn't be sentimental about fan favourites and loyal servants because there's a greater cause just don't cut it with me anymore when they once might have... what is this cause that's greater than actually liking and being proud of the club you support?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 21:28]
Faurlin deal on 21:55 - Apr 24 with 604 viewsClive_Anderson

I dunno it would be nice and everything to give him a new deal, but I think we should offer lucrative contracts based mostly on ability rather than sentiment.
Faurlin deal on 21:58 - Apr 24 with 599 viewsYorkRanger

Faurlin deal on 12:32 - Apr 24 by toboboly

I think the issue is that they said that a while ago and nothing has been heard since.

A lot of excitement on here but his contract has yet to expire. Plenty of scope for the club to do the right thing and structure a deal with the right rewards/incentive without damaging economics. Great opportunity for the club to behave with a bit of class. Hope TF remains true to his word.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024