Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
stan 12:48 - Apr 24 with 936 viewsconnell10

at rangers on saturday just read on the offy! best player ive ever seen play for us!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

stan on 13:09 - Apr 24 with 883 viewshoops_legend

Is stan a nickname for Adel?
stan on 13:49 - Apr 24 with 832 viewsconnell10

stan on 13:09 - Apr 24 by hoops_legend

Is stan a nickname for Adel?

lol, i like adel but he couldnt lace stan bowles boots mate!

stan on 14:19 - Apr 24 with 782 viewsPommyhoop

stan on 13:49 - Apr 24 by connell10

lol, i like adel but he couldnt lace stan bowles boots mate!

Agreed. I love Adel and he's the nearest without a doubt but Stan is the f@cking man

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

stan on 14:44 - Apr 24 with 750 viewsconnell10

stan on 14:19 - Apr 24 by Pommyhoop

Agreed. I love Adel and he's the nearest without a doubt but Stan is the f@cking man

amen to that mate!

stan on 14:51 - Apr 24 with 734 viewsPinnerPaul

No competition.

Stan was here 7 years, at least 5 as a genius.

Performed at the top level against the best players of the time, also performed in Europe.

Played in a "system" and contributed to the team.

Easily, easily the best QPR player I have seen.

If Adel had managed more than one season of genius, performed with any sort of consistency at the top level and lasted 6 years he might have snuck into my top 10 but others are right no where near as good as Mr Stanley Bowles.
stan on 14:55 - Apr 24 with 723 viewskensalriser

Was ace on Superstars too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

stan on 15:00 - Apr 24 with 713 viewsPinnerPaul

stan on 14:55 - Apr 24 by kensalriser

Was ace on Superstars too.

That WAS funny - shooting the table was a special moment!
stan on 15:11 - Apr 24 with 697 viewspaulparker

most of you lot on here who slate Adel would have had a field day with Stan
especially if we had LFW in the Seventies, can you imagine it
he is unprofessional,
my mate saw him in the bookies at 2.55
got a sauce who says he taps up Gregory for a few quid while poor old Don Masson gets nothing
I saw him at White City Dogs he had a couple of drinks and was gambling away like a Good Un while most of us work a 3 day week
would rather have 10 mick leaches than this upstart all day long
I could see it now
oh & Pinner are you saying that Adel wouldn't get in the 10 most skilful or just your top ten ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

stan on 15:26 - Apr 24 with 677 viewskingsburyR

Same old argument about best ever.

Full backs have a different skill set to strikers.

Dave Thomas or Andy Sinton
Clive Walker (I love Clive Walker)/ David Bardsley or Dave Clement
Phil Parkes or Dave Seaman (Jan Stejskal?)
Stan or Tarby
Ferdinand or Clive Allen

and so on.

One thing about football fans is opinion is everything and keeps boards like this alive.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

stan on 15:27 - Apr 24 with 675 viewsconnell10

stan on 15:11 - Apr 24 by paulparker

he is unprofessional,
got a sauce who says he taps up Gregory for a few quid while poor old Don Masson gets nothing
I saw him at White City Dogs he had a couple of drinks and was gambling away like a Good Un while most of us work a 3 day week
I could see it now
oh & Pinner are you saying that Adel wouldn't get in the 10 most skilful or just your top ten ??

yep your right mate, but stan always done it where it mattered on the pitch! i love stan, rodney, adel etc as to me they are what rangers is all about!

stan on 15:31 - Apr 24 with 670 viewsPinnerPaul

he is unprofessional,
I could see it now

Top 10 players of all time.

To get near that you have to have performed over more than 1 season in the 2nd tier.
stan on 15:37 - Apr 24 with 660 viewspaulparker

stan on 15:31 - Apr 24 by PinnerPaul

Top 10 players of all time.

To get near that you have to have performed over more than 1 season in the 2nd tier.

so your not having Rodney Marsh then ??? as he done most of his work in the 3rd division South

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

stan on 15:55 - Apr 24 with 639 viewsStanisgod

he is unprofessional,
I could see it now

yeah, well over rated. My dad used to work with a load of Stans' " mates " at the old Park Royal Vehicles in Acton . Biggest bunch of hangers on going, they only hung around him for free drinks and "loans" which he never got back. Generous to a fault , and not just to the bookies.

People have very short memories. As good as Adel is, I think that Wegerle, Stainrod and even Johnny Byrne were just as good as regards ball tricks to get past people.

Also forgotten is the fact that over his last season or two here he actually dropped back into a midfield role and showed an awesome range of passing that we didn't know he had.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

stan on 16:16 - Apr 24 with 599 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

stan on 15:26 - Apr 24 by kingsburyR

Same old argument about best ever.

Full backs have a different skill set to strikers.

Dave Thomas or Andy Sinton
Clive Walker (I love Clive Walker)/ David Bardsley or Dave Clement
Phil Parkes or Dave Seaman (Jan Stejskal?)
Stan or Tarby
Ferdinand or Clive Allen

and so on.

One thing about football fans is opinion is everything and keeps boards like this alive.

Clive Wilson wasn't a bad full back either
stan on 16:17 - Apr 24 with 593 viewsjonno

he is unprofessional,
I could see it now

Bowles would not have been slated on here for one simple reason. He delivered, time and again. When a player as good as Stan was, and he was without doubt the best player I have ever seen at Rangers, delivers as often as he did fans will forgive them anything. And I would suggest that Stan's and Don Shanks antics were nowhere near as bad as some current players get up to in any case.
stan on 16:19 - Apr 24 with 585 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

stan on 16:17 - Apr 24 by jonno

Bowles would not have been slated on here for one simple reason. He delivered, time and again. When a player as good as Stan was, and he was without doubt the best player I have ever seen at Rangers, delivers as often as he did fans will forgive them anything. And I would suggest that Stan's and Don Shanks antics were nowhere near as bad as some current players get up to in any case.

And during a period of horrendous pitches, ferocious tackles from behind and much much more than you could ever dream of getting away with now.
stan on 16:21 - Apr 24 with 578 viewsPinnerPaul

stan on 15:37 - Apr 24 by paulparker

so your not having Rodney Marsh then ??? as he done most of his work in the 3rd division South

I don't believe it was regionalised when Mr R was in his pomp, he also performed at the top level after he left us, while he was with us in the League Cup and helped us get promoted from 2nd tier.

Also capped for England while with us.

Safe to say he meets my more than one season performer criteria, but yes he didn't get the chance tp perform at the very top for us, that's why Stan is still my number one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024