Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flat roofed pubs.. 13:43 - Apr 29 with 123962 viewsPommyhoop

As mentioned by Konk in the Morhinio thread. Flat roofed pubs are normally shiteholes which are suited to and are normally frequented by a good few Scum supporters. Here's my offering as one of the roughest ,worst boozers I've ever been in .
The Beaver in Beaver's Estate Hounslow .Now that was a REAL shithole!!
Looks like its closed down.Thank F@ck...

Add your own wonderful flat roofed watering holes...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 11:55 - Apr 30 with 9478 viewsA40Bosh

Flat roofed pubs.. on 11:38 - Apr 30 by Pommyhoop

Naughty's !!!! also called Bentlys..
Remember the Cherry Tree?

when I first joined my current band 20yrs ago our first gigs were in The Engine next to West Drayton station. The guvn'r Dave was what you would call a "character".

Always remember one of our first gigs in there when some pissed punter came up right to the stage in between songs and shouted up at the band so the whole pub could hear him.

"You gonna play any decent fcukin' songs then".

Without skipping a beat our singer with the added aid of having a mic replied

"Nah mate. We played all our good songs last night, we've saved all the sh't stuff for vvankers like you"

Oh the halcyon days of pub gigs. £30 a man and all the free abuse you want from the locals.

Cowley/Yiewsley/West Drayton, they all just merge into one long strip of loveliness.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:03 - Apr 30 with 9465 viewsPommyhoop

Flat roofed pubs.. on 10:58 - Apr 30 by willis1980

ever been to the airman in feltham??? Not got a flat roof but might as well, ive been to boozers full of idiots quite a lot but this gaff took the p1ss. It was as if the young offenders were all on day release and brought theyre own stereo with them. i found myself saying: "wheres darwin when you need him!" to my mate. Biggest collection of mouth breathers ive encountered all in own place at the same time for a while

I know it mate but never had the pleasure.You've just described 97% of the drinking class of Feltham.
They veer from old Begbie from Trainspotting wannabees to young Begbie from Trainspotting wannabees.
Parker, Feltham makes West Drayton seem like Klosters..

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:10 - Apr 30 with 9449 viewspaulparker

Flat roofed pubs.. on 11:33 - Apr 30 by CowleyR

UB7? Bentley's? The club changed their names all the time, just like the QPR teamsheet in the past few seasons. However, the club is now bulldozed to make way for a new block of flats. I find it a bit amusing that some people actually want to live there.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2014 11:34]

Bentleys , that's it I was thinking of Baileys for some reason
that was a scary place, but a good place to get your boots filled !!!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:12 - Apr 30 with 9438 viewsPommyhoop

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:10 - Apr 30 by paulparker

Bentleys , that's it I was thinking of Baileys for some reason
that was a scary place, but a good place to get your boots filled !!!!

Remember the electric train going round the walls? Think it had a dildo strapped to it when it was 'Naughty's'

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:15 - Apr 30 with 9426 viewspaulparker

Flat roofed pubs.. on 11:38 - Apr 30 by Pommyhoop

Naughty's !!!! also called Bentlys..
Remember the Cherry Tree?

Ahh the Cherry Tree Pommy was the underage Connoisseurs choice of pub if you lived in the Uxbridge, Hillingdon area

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:19 - Apr 30 with 9414 viewsR_from_afar

This pub looked quite salubrious as I prepared to go in with a gaggle of work colleagues, back 10 years or so. Cov's a dump but surely this place was OK, I said to myself? Part of a chain? Must be OK. The inside of it also looked OK; decor perfectly acceptable, no holes in the carpet and your feet didn't stick to it and there were no obvious signs of vandalism or neglect.

First impressions can be oh so wrong, however, and so it turned out with this place.

Now, I can accept that a fight can erupt in any watering hole, but this place was really going for the high score: Three in one night! It really can put you off your ale when a "customer" is dragged past and out into the night by the security staff, especially when it is by the neck. I vowed never to return as I exited past the ambulance moored outside, and the pub now seems to be closed, which probably does everyone a favour

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:25 - Apr 30 with 9397 viewspaulparker

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:19 - Apr 30 by R_from_afar

This pub looked quite salubrious as I prepared to go in with a gaggle of work colleagues, back 10 years or so. Cov's a dump but surely this place was OK, I said to myself? Part of a chain? Must be OK. The inside of it also looked OK; decor perfectly acceptable, no holes in the carpet and your feet didn't stick to it and there were no obvious signs of vandalism or neglect.

First impressions can be oh so wrong, however, and so it turned out with this place.

Now, I can accept that a fight can erupt in any watering hole, but this place was really going for the high score: Three in one night! It really can put you off your ale when a "customer" is dragged past and out into the night by the security staff, especially when it is by the neck. I vowed never to return as I exited past the ambulance moored outside, and the pub now seems to be closed, which probably does everyone a favour

RFA

R from Afar, having worked in Coventry (debt collecting ) I can confirm that Coventry is the biggest Dump I have ever had the misfortune to enter
the locals are like mutants from the bar in star wars

Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:49 - Apr 30 with 9315 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I used to drive past this beauty on the way to see my brother-in-law in Stockport

[Post edited 30 Apr 2014 13:50]
Login to get fewer ads

Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:56 - Apr 30 with 9300 viewsKonk

That looks like some sort of Cold War command bunker. Top work.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:58 - Apr 30 with 9292 viewsFDC

Yeah that deserves some acknowledgement
Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:02 - Apr 30 with 9286 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Bleak isn't it!
Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:04 - Apr 30 with 9281 viewsPommyhoop

Top work indeed.Love the white panelled fencing on the roof .Council chic.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:10 - Apr 30 with 9266 viewstoboboly

Royal Barge, Kingston. Didn't even have a roof, was below John Lewis randomly. Recently became a club and then got closed down due to a mass brawl and everyone being gangster affiliated.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:13 - Apr 30 with 9256 viewsR_from_afar

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:25 - Apr 30 by paulparker

R from Afar, having worked in Coventry (debt collecting ) I can confirm that Coventry is the biggest Dump I have ever had the misfortune to enter
the locals are like mutants from the bar in star wars

LOL!

The Highfield area where the old Coventry City ground was: oh my, that was rough! There used to be kids peddling around on their mountain bikes, selling drugs, and most of the properties looked condemned. Horrific.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:25 - Apr 30 with 9239 viewspaulparker

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:13 - Apr 30 by R_from_afar

LOL!

The Highfield area where the old Coventry City ground was: oh my, that was rough! There used to be kids peddling around on their mountain bikes, selling drugs, and most of the properties looked condemned. Horrific.

RFA

I actually collected around the Barley Lea Area , Dearie Me the stories I could tell would make your eyes water , Coventry as a whole is like being transferred back in time to Deptford in the Seventies

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:35 - Apr 30 with 9227 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Jocky from Shameless would be your ultimate example Konk but the relevant images won't allow me to upload
Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:41 - Apr 30 with 9213 viewsSuffolkHoop

Drum and Monkey, Ipswich

The Jockey, Langley Mill (not all flat roof but a dump no less)

and in my other home,

Coachmans Inn, Cowley

Edit: I see the Coachmans has already been mentioned. Awful pub though.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2014 14:46]
Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:47 - Apr 30 with 9200 viewsaston_hoop

One with an accompanying article from the area of Birmingham I lived when I was a student (was called the Old Roebuck then but much the same I imagine). Because everything is worse in a Brummie accent. Very handily located too. There are 2 branches of Iceland on that road in case 1 wasn't enough

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/lifestyle/food-and-drink/troubled-erdington-pub-

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:58 - Apr 30 with 9186 viewsSuffolkHoop

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:03 - Apr 29 by Clive_Anderson

The Globe in one of the nastiest bits of Nottingham. Only half of it has a flat roof though.

Amusingly it actually looks like two blokes doing a drug deal outside it as the Google Streetview van went passed:

http://tinyurl.com/kw6vwy8

Indeed there are quite a few in Nottingham. The Beacon in St Annes is probably the pick of the bunch. Another nice part of the world.

http://goo.gl/maps/1sLNK
Flat roofed pubs.. on 15:06 - Apr 30 with 9170 viewsDixie_CT

A picture can change the feeling towards a place.

Fridays in here after painting and decorating in my teens were lively. Duke of Wellington, Bedfont.
Flat roofed pubs.. on 18:04 - Apr 30 with 9087 viewsR_from_afar

I just had a worrying flashback to when I was a young and impressionable student in Southampton and used to hurry past this soulless hellhole. It was a country and western place in the 80s, as far as I could tell, because I never wanted to linger too close to it.

A quick web search reveals tales of ostensibly female customers turning out to be gruff-voiced men in drag and topless, but rough, barmaids. Gag!

RFA

Flat roofed pubs.. on 18:31 - Apr 30 with 9063 viewsDiscodroid

some beauties on here so far....

please may i take this opportunity to introduce you to top barking tavern 'the barge aground'.

i once saw a drug deal going down using a bartering system,...5 rabbits, 5 hares , 2 pheasants a woodpigeon, and a guinea fowl for a wrap of south american angel delight!!. in the shadow of the great 'Gascoine estate' where rival gangs from barking/east ham/ilford all different factions of the I.C.F , indulged in great chiv work

alas the essex elite have all move out to rainham, basildon and ockendon. taking their cvivs, coshes,sharpened knitting needles and amoina in jiff bottles with them.

a haunt of the much lamented ' canning town snipers' circa 82/83/84 before jumping on the district line to upton park and apply their pavement artistry to a rival dandys face.

to be replaced by their polish, latvian,romanian and bulgarian conterparts where wraps of the devils dandruff can now be barterd for swan, pike and carp (yum yum) caught nearby in wanstead.

made to measure chivs from the warring factions from Krakow,Bucharest and sofia Can be ordered by simply popping in to ask for a pint of 'fosters please mate'

we see to have come a long way since 1881... the barge 1881.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2014 18:40]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Flat roofed pubs.. on 23:41 - Apr 30 with 8989 viewsPommyhoop

Love your posts Disco mate. Plenty of scope for me to veer off course for a clip or 2.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 00:04 - May 1 with 8975 viewsCamberleyR

Not flat-roofed but a miserably grim council estate pub in Farnborough Hampshire. The picture doesn't do justice to it's shitness. Used to be called The Cody Tree but now called The Hawley Arms. Some of it's reviews on Beerintheevening.com include:

"if you want to have a drink with woman beating, drug taking lowlifes, this is your pub! should be bulldozed down with the locals still in it imo"

"Wow, I thought this place was bulldozed many moons ago. One of the few pubs where the landlord used to pull the fruity across the door to stop the police coming in to break up fights or dealing. That was back in the late 80's mind, but still looks a dump"

"Does rather a nice kebab and burger from the van in the car park, not actually been in the pub itself since the late 80s due to fearing for my safety"

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 02:26 - May 1 with 8958 viewsPommyhoop

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:47 - Apr 30 by aston_hoop

One with an accompanying article from the area of Birmingham I lived when I was a student (was called the Old Roebuck then but much the same I imagine). Because everything is worse in a Brummie accent. Very handily located too. There are 2 branches of Iceland on that road in case 1 wasn't enough

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/lifestyle/food-and-drink/troubled-erdington-pub-

Great link . Catches the flavour of the FRP perfectly.

Most interesting time in a real flat roofed pub was the New Guvnors first month in his new job.
All the locals who'd been banned under the old regime would converge on their favourite waterholes.
Let the games begin!!

These 'characters' would have to be very special to manage to get barred from these establishments in the first place.
[Post edited 1 May 2014 2:29]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024