Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done Orient 21:37 - May 13 with 3695 viewseastside_r

That is all.
Well Done Orient on 22:51 - May 13 with 3601 viewsToast_R

Quite

Hope they do it, got to be far better then the lurch to up north to bloody Preston or Rotherham again. Quite a collection of London derbies next season if it all goes pear.

Fulham
Brentford
Charlton
Watford
Orient
Millwall
Well Done Orient on 22:56 - May 13 with 3592 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Well done indeed. Always liked Orient. Club run on a tight budget, cheap seats, season tickets etc and the first team I saw play at the Rs way back in '66 (4-1 Rs).
Well Done Orient on 23:09 - May 13 with 3545 viewsCiderwithRsie

I've got a lot of time for Orient, partly through having a mate who's a long-time supporter. I think they deserve to go up on the basis of their early form. Fingers crossed.
Well Done Orient on 01:47 - May 14 with 3455 views18StoneOfHoop

I like them 'nd all.
from John Jackson (keeper)
to John Sitton (swearer)
to John Chiedozie (flying winger like fellow Orient star Laurie Cunningham was.)

Another London ground within easy pleasant cycling range. By Daphne,I want/need/pray for us to win at Wembley but as others have said, if we could only then choose to stay in the second tier,them derbies are so alluring.

And they once beat The Scum 3-2 after being 2 down on a Brisbane Road bog back in the scum's swanky early 70's pomp:

http://britishsportsmuseum.com/products-page/football/stan-bowles-hand-signed-12
[Post edited 14 May 2014 7:02]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Well Done Orient on 02:24 - May 14 with 3430 viewsRangersAreBack

Well done indeed. Hope they finish the job at Wembley and make it a London double in the play offs.
Well Done Orient on 05:24 - May 14 with 3405 viewsKiwi76

First game of football I ever attended (in England anyway) was at Orient in 1976 - Mum had family from round there.
On same trip Dad's brother made more of a sales effort and a QPR fan was born - local club for that side of the family.
Think I've just about been better off?!
Well Done Orient on 05:58 - May 14 with 3393 viewsMrSheen

Well Done Orient on 01:47 - May 14 by 18StoneOfHoop

I like them 'nd all.
from John Jackson (keeper)
to John Sitton (swearer)
to John Chiedozie (flying winger like fellow Orient star Laurie Cunningham was.)

Another London ground within easy pleasant cycling range. By Daphne,I want/need/pray for us to win at Wembley but as others have said, if we could only then choose to stay in the second tier,them derbies are so alluring.

And they once beat The Scum 3-2 after being 2 down on a Brisbane Road bog back in the scum's swanky early 70's pomp:

http://britishsportsmuseum.com/products-page/football/stan-bowles-hand-signed-12
[Post edited 14 May 2014 7:02]

Cunningham started there too, didn't he?

Shame they couldn't have gone up with Cook and Rowlands.
Well Done Orient on 06:34 - May 14 with 3377 viewsDWQPR

Did you know that in the mid 60's they did a 'Cardiff' and changed their colours from blue to red?

And does anyone remember that evening game in the 80-81 season at Brisbane Road when we lost 4-0 after literally playing them off the park for the whole evening? They must have had five attacks and scored four times. We were leaving the ground in disbelief after seeing the best QPR performance of the season.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Well Done Orient on 06:53 - May 14 with 3362 viewssmegma

Are you sure they won ?? Only I was watching SSN last night between 10pm and about 11.15pm and they never showed the goals once. They talked about Spurs for about a week, the WC squads of most of Europe, F1 ,cycling but not Orient. Talking of which, I also watched ITVs 'London Tonight' last night at 6pm then switched over to BBCs 'London News' and we didnt get a mention either.
Must be a busy news week. Has Rooney got a cold ??
Well Done Orient on 07:12 - May 14 with 3342 views18StoneOfHoop

Well Done Orient on 06:34 - May 14 by DWQPR

Did you know that in the mid 60's they did a 'Cardiff' and changed their colours from blue to red?

And does anyone remember that evening game in the 80-81 season at Brisbane Road when we lost 4-0 after literally playing them off the park for the whole evening? They must have had five attacks and scored four times. We were leaving the ground in disbelief after seeing the best QPR performance of the season.

Congratulations Barry Hearne,Bob Mills* and the facially challenged brothers Andrew & Julian Lloyd-Webber!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27289202

5 minute video highlights here of a raucous packed 8,545 witnessing 'The Rising Power of the East on the march again' LOL as the Sky commentator has it:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/311509/report

15 year-old me attended the 0-4 humbling at Orient which Gordon Macey tells me took place on the Tuesday night of March 31st 1981 in front of a mere 6,724. Don't remember us playing well,just remember open krap terrace,wind,rain & misery of it all. Oh and NFNews on sale ..but they weren't alone in having a far-right element at that time.

*I note the droid's also a fan of comedian Bob Mills creative cult cheap late-night 90's In Bed with Medinner where he cleverly lampoons cheap krap tv.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 7:51]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Well Done Orient on 07:57 - May 14 with 3290 viewssmegma

Well Done Orient on 07:12 - May 14 by 18StoneOfHoop

Congratulations Barry Hearne,Bob Mills* and the facially challenged brothers Andrew & Julian Lloyd-Webber!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27289202

5 minute video highlights here of a raucous packed 8,545 witnessing 'The Rising Power of the East on the march again' LOL as the Sky commentator has it:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/311509/report

15 year-old me attended the 0-4 humbling at Orient which Gordon Macey tells me took place on the Tuesday night of March 31st 1981 in front of a mere 6,724. Don't remember us playing well,just remember open krap terrace,wind,rain & misery of it all. Oh and NFNews on sale ..but they weren't alone in having a far-right element at that time.

*I note the droid's also a fan of comedian Bob Mills creative cult cheap late-night 90's In Bed with Medinner where he cleverly lampoons cheap krap tv.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 7:51]

In Bed With Medinner was one of the best shows on tv at the time. They used to have live bands in the studio every week which first caught my eye with Buzzcocks playing the first show. I seem to recall Motorhead and the Damned being guests as well (or am i confused with the Young Ones as MH/Damned were both in that).

His pisstake of the West Ham fans was hilarious.

" You're either football or muggy bonehead !!! "
Well Done Orient on 08:25 - May 14 with 3265 viewssexton

Well Done Orient on 06:34 - May 14 by DWQPR

You beat me to it DW. Bernard Joy in the Standard described it as the most one sided 4-0 defeat he'd ever seen. Quite incredible!
Well Done Orient on 08:30 - May 14 with 3254 viewsDWQPR

Well Done Orient on 08:25 - May 14 by sexton

You beat me to it DW. Bernard Joy in the Standard described it as the most one sided 4-0 defeat he'd ever seen. Quite incredible!

Remember reading that report, he also said that he had never seen a game of football like that in his life. It was a bloody miserable night, open terrace, rain, wind and open toilets behind the terrace with no roof! And to make matters worse a certain Stan Bowles was playing for the O's that night.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024