Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? 22:00 - May 21 with 15103 viewsLoftusR

I will have the wife and three kids with me. I hope to get to the Torch at Wembley Park about 1.00pm and the a walk down Wembley Way about 2.15.

if we win Mrs Loftus R is heading off home with the sprogs and I'm heading for the Crown & Septre. If we lose then who knows!

What are the rest of you doing?
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 11:01 - May 22 with 3299 viewsJuzzie

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 10:50 - May 22 by antoknee64

Looks like the Allsop Arms is going to be our meeting place for Marylebone/Baker Street.

http://gkpubs.co.uk/pubs-in-london/allsop-arms-pub/

I must have driven past that pub almost every day for the last 15 years on the way home. Never been inside!
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 11:05 - May 22 with 3292 viewsantoknee64

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 11:01 - May 22 by Juzzie

I must have driven past that pub almost every day for the last 15 years on the way home. Never been inside!

Justin let me know what your plans are pre-game drink.
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 11:09 - May 22 with 3275 viewsJuzzie

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 11:05 - May 22 by antoknee64

Justin let me know what your plans are pre-game drink.

As they weather is looking like rain/heavy rain I think I'll give the bike a miss, including taking Natalia to work. But, that depends on whether there's a tube strike or not. If there is, I'll probably take the bike. All very messy......

I'll text you asap to confirm.
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 11:13 - May 22 with 3261 viewsYorkRanger

Eldest Daughter travelling down from Sheffield into ST Pancras so 5 of us (3 female and my 78 year old Dad) meeting there.

Anyone with a decent Pub recommendation with food around Kings Cross?
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 11:27 - May 22 with 3218 viewshopphoops

Thinking Queens Park / Kensal Green- Not having been there for a 15 years, and wondering:
- is the Boys Cafe still going strong?
- are there any pubs round there that haven't disappeared up their gastrolounge arses?

cheers for any advice!

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 11:48 - May 22 with 3177 viewsPeterHucker

used to live on Harvist Road a decade ago and even then the un-poncified pubs were pretty thin on the ground. The Corrib Rest was the best bet back then.
I'll be drinking somewhere round Kilburn area before the match, then back to the Bush afterwards. No idea which pubs, probably lots of them including Crown & Sceptre and probably O'Donoghues at the end of the night.
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 12:01 - May 22 with 3142 viewsHolser

Plan is at the moment, 9.30am Good Yarn in Uxbridge for a bit of brekkie with a stop off in Ruislip for a couple on the way then meet a mate who's coming down from Finsbury park and meet up with the rest of the lads at Wembley.

After the game if we win will head back to the bush no doubt, if we lose...fck knows

80's F block

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 12:14 - May 22 with 3106 viewsW7Ranger

The Torch for about 11.30'ish (depending on Train Strike!).

So no one hanging around in Wembley for a bit after if we win? Or is it straight down to the Bush?
Login to get fewer ads

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 12:17 - May 22 with 3099 viewsdodge_stoke_r

'Spoons above Baker Street station
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 12:24 - May 22 with 3085 viewsbatmanhoop

The Priory Kilburn
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 13:24 - May 22 with 3018 viewsantoknee64

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 11:13 - May 22 by YorkRanger

Eldest Daughter travelling down from Sheffield into ST Pancras so 5 of us (3 female and my 78 year old Dad) meeting there.

http://gkpubs.co.uk/pubs-in-london/allsop-arms-pub/

Next to Marylebone Station,train direct to Wembley stadium 10mins and if tube strike best option to miss the rush.
10-15 mins walk from St P,just after Madame Tussauds on the right.
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 14:19 - May 22 with 2961 viewsmikeygunn

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 11:13 - May 22 by YorkRanger

Hello mate, I'm meeting a friend in the 'Euston Flyer' after the game, looks decent from the website. See you later!
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 16:08 - May 22 with 2882 viewsBlackCrowe

Orange Tree Richmond from 11am and then one of the Wembley bars for about 2pm.

Afterwards, a dark room if we lose and the C&S if we win.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 16:14 - May 22 with 2874 viewshopphoops

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 11:48 - May 22 by PeterHucker

used to live on Harvist Road a decade ago and even then the un-poncified pubs were pretty thin on the ground. The Corrib Rest was the best bet back then.
I'll be drinking somewhere round Kilburn area before the match, then back to the Bush afterwards. No idea which pubs, probably lots of them including Crown & Sceptre and probably O'Donoghues at the end of the night.

top tip, thanks!

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 17:29 - May 22 with 2798 viewscheeseydane

Flying in early and will be at baker street around 9am. Might try that Allsop arms first. But only after a huge english breakfast.
Anyone know of a good cafe in the area?

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 17:36 - May 22 with 2662 viewsDrewster

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 10:41 - May 22 by rrrspricey

Allsop arms is in Gloucester place Ant. Left out of Marylebone then right on Gloucester and boozer just on right. 4 of us fron sunny kent hoping to get there about 11.45

I'm aiming to get there for about 10/10.30.
Intending to get the tube from kew gardens but that might be scuppered so a mates taxi if not.
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 17:49 - May 22 with 2646 viewsNathanNI

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 11:27 - May 22 by hopphoops

Thinking Queens Park / Kensal Green- Not having been there for a 15 years, and wondering:
- is the Boys Cafe still going strong?
- are there any pubs round there that haven't disappeared up their gastrolounge arses?

cheers for any advice!

25 of us or so heading to the Mason's Arms just by Kensal Green
[Post edited 22 May 2014 17:51]
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 18:13 - May 22 with 2616 viewsMytch_QPR

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 17:49 - May 22 by NathanNI

25 of us or so heading to the Mason's Arms just by Kensal Green
[Post edited 22 May 2014 17:51]

Nathan, I had the same thought and tried to book a table for lunch - someone from the pub called me back and said it was closed for refurb so could not take the booking!

They may have got their dates mixed up but you might want to check, just in case. I ended up booking at The Island just the other side of the Harrow Rd.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 18:25 - May 22 with 2591 viewsDunstable_hoop

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 12:24 - May 22 by batmanhoop

The Priory Kilburn

Grew up in that pub!! Old owner was family friends!!
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 18:35 - May 22 with 2582 viewsDougal_RBlock

Will be in JJ Moons Ruislip Manor as soon as they let us in!!!
I've heard rumors of a decent following heading there, including ex players. Anyone know of any truth in it???
Then straight down to Wembley, but not sure where yet.
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 18:47 - May 22 with 2569 viewshopphoops

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 18:13 - May 22 by Mytch_QPR

Nathan, I had the same thought and tried to book a table for lunch - someone from the pub called me back and said it was closed for refurb so could not take the booking!

They may have got their dates mixed up but you might want to check, just in case. I ended up booking at The Island just the other side of the Harrow Rd.

Mason's Arms ideal if open, according to their website they're still taking bookings for Saturday evening and the Ukelele Workshop's still on for Wednesday

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 19:59 - May 22 with 2511 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 17:29 - May 22 by cheeseydane

Flying in early and will be at baker street around 9am. Might try that Allsop arms first. But only after a huge english breakfast.
Anyone know of a good cafe in the area?

The Met Bar outside Baker St station if open. Failing that a cafe directly opposite Marylebone station, again if open.
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 20:15 - May 22 with 2486 viewsNathanNI

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 18:13 - May 22 by Mytch_QPR

I know the manager... Refurb finishes tomorrow. They are opening early for us, 10:30 as opposed to 12, Breakfast from 11, lunch menu from 12. Been speaking to him all week as I DJ in the Metropolitan, their sister pub where he was manager and has moved to the Masons.

Pop along. If its not open I'll eat my hat!

(I don't wear one, I'll eat my flag)
[Post edited 22 May 2014 20:17]
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 20:19 - May 22 with 2473 viewsbexloyal

Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 10:47 - May 22 by RickyDicky

Where in Kent ?

im bexley...goin the gunmakers off marylebone high..behind waitrose
Where are you drinking pre and post game???? on 20:29 - May 22 with 2450 viewsactonman

Railway greenford , going to give Mel's walk a miss though as I will have young Acton with me
Out of interest , how the fcuk are 100 200 pssed up blokes going to get served at every pub along the way ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024