Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
atmosphere 20:40 - May 24 with 4679 viewsGloucs_R

I thought it was pretty poor today until we scored. Goes to prove why we need a vocal section in the new ground.

Poll: Are we staying up?

atmosphere on 20:48 - May 24 with 3707 viewseastside_r

Strange. I thought it was quite good. Perhaps it depends on where you were sat.
atmosphere on 20:51 - May 24 with 3679 viewsDejR_vu

Wembley is too big to have a great atmosphere. It takes too long for the noise to reach all parts of the support to get any chants going. There's just this constant hum. Give me Loftus Road any day.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

atmosphere on 20:52 - May 24 with 3662 viewsGloucs_R

Still think we need a proper song that everyone can sing. I noticed derby had one today

atmosphere on 20:52 - May 24 with 3662 viewsrunningman75

This is only my second visit to the new Wembley. The first being the Olympics for Team GB women vs Brazil women. Last time I saw the r's at Wembley 1986 I was a teenager and expecting a much more raucous atmosphere especially given the clamour for tickets. The Olympic crowd was better than today's maybe enthusiasm and the fact that both sets of fans appeared more nervous. I also thought with the game being in London r's fans would be more vocal.

Loftus Road will once again be one of the better Premier league atmospheres next season. Hopefully the board will realize the importance in atmosphere in a new stadium with 40,000 plus people. As would not want a library such as the Emirates with a new breed of fan who have no passion for the club. It is amazing the atmosphere generated by a poky little ground in the middle of a West London housing estate
atmosphere on 20:54 - May 24 with 3643 viewsPommyhoop

It sounded ok on the telly..Loud rendition of 'the finest team.' and come on you Rrrs..
Admittedly got a bit tense but Bobby Z sorted that out....

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

atmosphere on 20:55 - May 24 with 3641 viewseastside_r

atmosphere on 20:51 - May 24 by DejR_vu

Wembley is too big to have a great atmosphere. It takes too long for the noise to reach all parts of the support to get any chants going. There's just this constant hum. Give me Loftus Road any day.

Yes, I think you've got it right there. First time at the 'new' Wembley for me.

Most of the time I could see that the Derby fans were singing but rarely heard them because of the low level continuous buzz. It seems they couldn't hear us either.
atmosphere on 20:57 - May 24 with 3621 viewsGloucs_R

Good leg room though

atmosphere on 21:00 - May 24 with 3593 viewscarrotcrunch_R

I thought it was good and loud at both end s untill oneil got sent off it lifted there end and we went quiet for obvious reasons but we did lift up vocally a few minutes before the goal (perhaps that helped the team) and everything went ballistic thereafter.
(Just have to add that I was sitting in the centre of the stadium which may have helped in hearing the vocals of both sets of fans)
[Post edited 24 May 2014 21:04]
Login to get fewer ads

atmosphere on 21:04 - May 24 with 3560 viewssheppetonrs

I actually thought our fans were great. I was near halfway and we out sung them up until the sending off. Even then they could have been a lot louder. After the sending off we were subdued but that's not surprising given we lost any attacking threat, until....... The last minute!
atmosphere on 21:12 - May 24 with 3489 viewss1cRanger

Agree. Atmosphere was great up in block 504. Tried to listen out for the R block but difficult to hear all chants. Derby only had a couple of moments where they were loud when O'Neil got sent off was one.

Great support today! Flags were a master stroke by the owners!
atmosphere on 21:14 - May 24 with 3477 viewsPunteR

It was bloody brilliant from where i was. What a stadium.!Absolutely fantastic seeing so many QPR fans under one roof. Proud as punch.😊

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

atmosphere on 21:18 - May 24 with 3449 viewsYorkRanger

It went mental in Club Wembley block 501 filled with Derby fans in the 90th minute as the York clan and the Rangers fans in the box behind celebrated
atmosphere on 22:08 - May 24 with 3306 viewsMrSheen

Bedlam where I was. I thought we did well to lift the atmosphere when things were going against us. I hate the recorded sound though.
atmosphere on 22:11 - May 24 with 3289 viewsharvey

Thought the atmosphere was pants . The majority of so called fans had no clue as to the songs . C'mon you R's was about. As far as it went. Not looking forward to the new stadium and our new hordes of supporters
atmosphere on 22:26 - May 24 with 3214 viewsNortholt_Rs

atmosphere on 20:55 - May 24 by eastside_r

Yes, I think you've got it right there. First time at the 'new' Wembley for me.

Most of the time I could see that the Derby fans were singing but rarely heard them because of the low level continuous buzz. It seems they couldn't hear us either.

Bet they heard us in the 90th minute!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

atmosphere on 22:33 - May 24 with 3164 viewsjonno

I thought the atmosphere was pretty good over all, and we were very loud at times, and obviously when we scored and onwards from that. The flags were a brilliant idea, it looked fantastic with them all waving, which was one up on Derby. But why do they feel the need to play music all the time - and at the volume they do? Just let the fans provide the noise - it's our day.
atmosphere on 22:33 - May 24 with 3164 viewshoops_legend

Love how people care so muc.. Just enjoy th game likè you want too. If you want to mental- fine but it's ok for some fans to stay quiet.. Doesn't mean they enjoy it less

Btw I sing and shout most of the match
atmosphere on 22:36 - May 24 with 3141 viewsFDC

Agree the noise just takes too long to travel so it's hard to get any songs going. The only ones that caught on were the come on you rs type chants that absolutely ever to e knows and don't need and kind of synchronicity!
atmosphere on 22:46 - May 24 with 3099 viewsMrSheen

atmosphere on 22:36 - May 24 by FDC

Agree the noise just takes too long to travel so it's hard to get any songs going. The only ones that caught on were the come on you rs type chants that absolutely ever to e knows and don't need and kind of synchronicity!

There' was so much noise in the immediate vicinity it was hard to pick up on the songs from other parts, but it was still fantastic during the game, even in my area which was mostly families. I thought it was a shame they drowned us out at the end though instead of letting us make our own tributes.
atmosphere on 22:55 - May 24 with 3056 views08olesen

i was in the 'hod dog' stand up at the very top. Nobody seemed bothered about singing and were more intersted in their food.

A part from a few guys trying start chants on the back row, it was very quiet.

We really needed a goal before full time and nobody seemed that bothered up there.

Anyway i went fukin mental when the goal went in, and landed about 5 rows forward. All in all a good day!

Poll: Who will the other play off

atmosphere on 23:13 - May 24 with 2960 viewsOakR

I was in 502. Atmosphere was great before the game (I wish they would stop with the max volume music before KO so you could have the crowd going a bit more).

Once the game started I thought the atmosphere was not great, but that was a reflection of our general lack of attacking chances excitement. I think we needed an end to end match for a truly great atmosphere, but it was just one end for long periods.

Was pretty amazing when Zamora scored though, celebrations went on for ages, bloke near fell a few rows done, hope his teeth are ok, did see some blood!

Poll: Will we stay up?

atmosphere on 23:16 - May 24 with 2937 viewsantoknee64

118 was rocking but took a while to get going but thanx to Henners everybody was singing.
Sending off caused confusion and dampened the atmosphere but when Bobby Z scored i never saw the rest of the game for celebrating.
atmosphere on 23:43 - May 24 with 2859 viewsdanehoop

atmosphere on 23:16 - May 24 by antoknee64

118 was rocking but took a while to get going but thanx to Henners everybody was singing.
Sending off caused confusion and dampened the atmosphere but when Bobby Z scored i never saw the rest of the game for celebrating.

Thought it wasn't bad at all given we only had one shot on target. Certainly around 213, 214,215 it sounded pretty impressive. Perhaps a bit too big as a stadium to replicate loftus road, but it wasn't bad. Flags made it look good and when the goal went in everything went absolutely mental.

Never knowingly understood

atmosphere on 00:25 - May 25 with 2741 viewssmegma

I couldn't give a f-ck about the atmosphere good or bad. I've seen my club win at Wembley for the first time in four attempts. The stats say we scored and they didn't. We had ten men FFS hence it went slightly flat but the crowd gave it some for the last ten minutes and we see history made. enjoy the bank holiday weekend.
atmosphere on 00:30 - May 25 with 2715 viewsrrrspricey

atmosphere on 22:11 - May 24 by harvey

Thought the atmosphere was pants . The majority of so called fans had no clue as to the songs . C'mon you R's was about. As far as it went. Not looking forward to the new stadium and our new hordes of supporters

Absolute b0llocks, you weren't one of the tvvats I had a barny with in 118 were you.

Nearly fcuked up my day screaming at people to stand up and got proper lairy when I told em to shut up...typical rangers away fans!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024