Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what to do about rob green? 09:28 - May 30 with 3953 viewsHollowayRanger

was a star for us this season and good enough for prem

but out of contract

do we rehire him now or risk someone else stealing him away from us

we really need to unload cesar quickly as i cant see us keeping both on those wages but cesar wont budge till after world cup at the eariest ,will green wait around that long or want his own future settled as soon as possible

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

what to do about rob green? on 09:39 - May 30 with 3240 viewsmacclesfieldman

For me this is a no-brainer. Bounced back from being treated like a bad a bad smell by Hughes to keep 21 clean sheets. A great professional that cares. Get rid of Ceasar
whatever the cost and take care of Green.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

what to do about rob green? on 09:43 - May 30 with 3224 viewsadhoc_qpr

New contract for Green with a lower basic but generous bonuses for clean sheets and appearances etc.

Cesar i'd say if we can't get rid of him, just tell him he's our number 2 keeper and he'll be sat on the bench all year!

That might encourage him to take a pay cut to move on.
what to do about rob green? on 09:49 - May 30 with 3207 viewsbob566

pay off Caeser. Tell Green in doing that he'll have to drop his salary to 30k so we can pay off caeser. Then go and buy David Forde from millwall who has been excellent for club and country.
what to do about rob green? on 10:52 - May 30 with 3150 viewsSpiritofGregory

what to do about rob green? on 09:43 - May 30 by adhoc_qpr

New contract for Green with a lower basic but generous bonuses for clean sheets and appearances etc.

Cesar i'd say if we can't get rid of him, just tell him he's our number 2 keeper and he'll be sat on the bench all year!

That might encourage him to take a pay cut to move on.

There is no way we can offer Green anywhere near the wages he wants as long as Cesar is still at the club. Remember we are in debt.

We should be looking around for a young gifted keeper on the cheap instead of wasting prescious time in the hope that another club is going to take Cesar of our hands.

Cesar is a quality keeper so if we can't get rid and Green goes, it's not the end of the world. I think that the goal keeping situation is the least of our worries.
what to do about rob green? on 11:49 - May 30 with 3078 viewsbosh67

Easy. We keep Green.

However, I think there should be a policy at the club that players over 30 are on a rolling one year contract. If they do well they get another one, if not, well both sides have to be honest.

The club should have maximum 2 year rolling contracts for players 25-30 and maximum 3 year contracts for players 20-24.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

what to do about rob green? on 11:52 - May 30 with 3064 viewssaxbend

If we can get rid of Cesar we should. It will be very difficult though, and if we can't then we might have to release Green.
what to do about rob green? on 12:46 - May 30 with 2979 viewsAntti_Heinola

As Sax says, if we can sell Cesar then Greeno gets a new deal, simple as that. But we can't have both.
Green's a good keeper, but not a great one and IMO not as good as Cesar, and if Cesar stays then we should let Green go so he can get first team football. Tough decision, thanks Hughesey!

Bare bones.

what to do about rob green? on 12:51 - May 30 with 2969 viewspaulparker

I would keep green but he aint worth 50k a week anymore
what about Courtois from the scum on a 1 year loan deal ??
I cant see them loaning him out to A Madrid again I also cannot see moanrinio dumping cezh just yet either,
sounds a bit crazy but courtois gets 1st team football & prem experience
we get a top notch goalkeeper and we get 50k a week or more shifted off the books
it could work

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

what to do about rob green? on 12:53 - May 30 with 2956 viewshoops_legend

what to do about rob green? on 11:49 - May 30 by bosh67

Easy. We keep Green.

However, I think there should be a policy at the club that players over 30 are on a rolling one year contract. If they do well they get another one, if not, well both sides have to be honest.

The club should have maximum 2 year rolling contracts for players 25-30 and maximum 3 year contracts for players 20-24.

Not a good idea, lowers re-sale value especially for the younger players. Agreed 1 year contracts for over 32 year olds however good to reward loyalty sometimes and keepers are different - they dont detoriate after 32 like some outfield players do
what to do about rob green? on 12:58 - May 30 with 2939 viewswaveydave

what to do about rob green? on 12:51 - May 30 by paulparker

I would keep green but he aint worth 50k a week anymore
what about Courtois from the scum on a 1 year loan deal ??
I cant see them loaning him out to A Madrid again I also cannot see moanrinio dumping cezh just yet either,
sounds a bit crazy but courtois gets 1st team football & prem experience
we get a top notch goalkeeper and we get 50k a week or more shifted off the books
it could work

No chance in hell of that happening

Chelsea wont want to loan to one of their local rivals (regardless of their view of us 3-4 years ago we know things have changed and they see us more negatively)

Plus to have champions league final level and league winners wishing to loan him only to send him to QPR fighting relegation with the sh*ttest training facilities know to the premier league lol
what to do about rob green? on 13:03 - May 30 with 2918 viewsClive_Anderson

He's been much better than I thought he'd be. I definitely sign him up if we can get rid of parasite number 57b.

If not then probably Cesar I suppose unfortunately due to finances.
what to do about rob green? on 13:09 - May 30 with 2893 viewsDylanP

what to do about rob green? on 12:58 - May 30 by waveydave

No chance in hell of that happening

Chelsea wont want to loan to one of their local rivals (regardless of their view of us 3-4 years ago we know things have changed and they see us more negatively)

Plus to have champions league final level and league winners wishing to loan him only to send him to QPR fighting relegation with the sh*ttest training facilities know to the premier league lol

We already have three goalies. We don't need another. We don't need a loan. We are looking offload and reduce our wage bill.

We need to get rid of either Green or Cesar. My preference would be Cesar, but given that we couldn't shift him last season, I don't know if we will be able to shift him this close season. Hopefully he has a blinder at the World Cup and the offers flood in, but if that doesn't happen then we keep him for one more year and Green moves on having resurrected his career and hopefully finds a good team that needs him. He is a class goalie and a class person.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

what to do about rob green? on 13:27 - May 30 with 2861 viewsR_from_afar

what to do about rob green? on 09:39 - May 30 by macclesfieldman

For me this is a no-brainer. Bounced back from being treated like a bad a bad smell by Hughes to keep 21 clean sheets. A great professional that cares. Get rid of Ceasar

You are absolutely spot on, well said. He has performed well - don't forget the record breaking run of clean sheets at the start of the season - and clearly has the right mentality. He has the grit and determination we need and has been very reliable.

I am stunned that anyone would even contemplate replacing him with Cesar. I remember Cesar being lambasted for not commanding his area and not communicating.

Keep Green.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

what to do about rob green? on 14:16 - May 30 with 2782 viewsFlex

He was great for us last season, but was found wanting in the Prem. His decision making, positioning and command of his area were dreadful. Now he's playing with confidence, he could (should) be a lot better.

We should take a similar stance to West Ham. Offer him a contract on reduced wages. If not, look to get David Marshall or another quality keeper.

Cesear. Good shot stopper, but his all round game is poor. We need to get rid, as having two keepers earning a combined wage in excess of £100k is reckless for a club like ours.
what to do about rob green? on 14:44 - May 30 with 2740 viewsBluce_Ree

If we don't keep Rob Green and go for some Tesco Value keeper instead, I'll put money on us going down.

He's class. The most important player we've got right now.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

what to do about rob green? on 15:33 - May 30 with 2678 viewsA40Bosh

what to do about rob green? on 14:44 - May 30 by Bluce_Ree

If we don't keep Rob Green and go for some Tesco Value keeper instead, I'll put money on us going down.

He's class. The most important player we've got right now.

+1
All day.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

what to do about rob green? on 15:43 - May 30 with 2647 viewsEastR

Cesar is about to have a storming World Cup for Brasil and clubs will be queuing up to sign him in July.
Problem solved

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

what to do about rob green? on 16:09 - May 30 with 2604 viewsClive_Anderson

what to do about rob green? on 15:43 - May 30 by EastR

Cesar is about to have a storming World Cup for Brasil and clubs will be queuing up to sign him in July.
Problem solved

I think Cesar will want to "retire" after the World Cup. In other words sit on the bench and pick up his massive wages from us for another couple of years.

How long is left on his contract?
what to do about rob green? on 00:04 - May 31 with 2460 viewsMonahoop

what to do about rob green? on 13:27 - May 30 by R_from_afar

You are absolutely spot on, well said. He has performed well - don't forget the record breaking run of clean sheets at the start of the season - and clearly has the right mentality. He has the grit and determination we need and has been very reliable.

I am stunned that anyone would even contemplate replacing him with Cesar. I remember Cesar being lambasted for not commanding his area and not communicating.

Keep Green.

RFA

Green v Cesar. No contest. Just because Cesar's from Brazil does not make him a good goalkeeper. In fact they're not renown for great keepers.
Apart from a couple of good performances, I thought Cesar a huge disappointment. I made up my mind about him in that game against West Ham at LR the season before last, letting in two of the softest goals your're ever likely to see and making no effort to marshal or command his defence.
Time to go amigo.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

what to do about rob green? on 01:03 - May 31 with 2437 viewsPunteR

Keep Green.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

what to do about rob green? on 01:11 - May 31 with 2432 viewsdaveinmelbourne

Well, he modelled the new keepers kit the other day so the assumption would be another deal in the pipeline?
what to do about rob green? on 01:47 - May 31 with 2419 viewsVancouverHoop

Who else would model the kit, Brian Murphy?
what to do about rob green? on 07:03 - May 31 with 2355 viewsdaveinmelbourne

what to do about rob green? on 01:47 - May 31 by VancouverHoop

Who else would model the kit, Brian Murphy?

Well it was both Murphy and Green doing the modelling duties on the promo, unfortunately for Murphy he was wearing a shocking bright purple outfit. Horrible!
what to do about rob green? on 07:25 - May 31 with 2337 viewsqprmick

Keep Green at whatever price, he has just come of age. Unload Caesar, good keeper someone will want him.

Qprmick

what to do about rob green? on 08:19 - May 31 with 2309 viewsRanger78

what to do about rob green? on 09:39 - May 30 by macclesfieldman

Defo give him a new contract
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024