Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren 10:39 - Jun 8 with 3944 viewshoopstilidie

He's a massively better manager now than he was when he managed England, was always a great coach but now a good manager too.
Learned a lot from his time in Europe.
I'd love him as permanent QPR boss when/if Harry knocks it on the head, reminds me very much of Sexton in his approach.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2014 10:40]

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

McClaren on 10:52 - Jun 8 with 3913 viewsstansleftfoot

Looked and was totally out of his depth at Championship level in the Final against master tactician's Harry Redknapp and Keven Bond.
McLaren is merely a coach and cannot fathom out game management and never has.
McClaren on 11:12 - Jun 8 with 3878 viewsqprmeath

Where were his other 5 Derby players when Zamora scored? Our buildup was snails pace and we outnumbered them three to two in the box.
McClaren on 11:14 - Jun 8 with 3873 viewsTacticalR

1. That bird has flown.
2. He has had some downs as well as ups since he managed England.
3. Looking forward to seeing what he does with Derby next season.

Air hostess clique

McClaren on 11:42 - Jun 8 with 3824 viewsbosh67

I think he is excellent. Derby did end up playing like us against 10 men. Certainly played a big part in getting us in a position to be competing for the playoffs. Had he stayed I reckon we would have got automatic with him as the coach.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

McClaren on 12:18 - Jun 8 with 3783 viewskingsburyR

Hope he leaves Derby for the Prem. Also hope Thorne goes back to parent club, they lose Will Hughes and a number of other get picked up by bigger clubs.
Derby were full of it before the final and I really hope they do nothing next year.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

McClaren on 13:55 - Jun 8 with 3663 viewsElHoop

Going back in time, Clough was a man-manager and Taylor spotted the talent and they were the key guys and they had a coach or two to do the coaching. God knows what they did about tactics, probably not too much in those days. I am not sure whether Schteve is a Clough or a Taylor or a bit of both or neither. But there's at least three roles - man manager, talent spotter and coach, which someone has to fill. Then there's the question of tactics. I wouldn't have a clue where to start but Schteve in the coaching role as part of two/three man team wouldn't be the worst idea.
McClaren on 15:07 - Jun 8 with 3610 viewsWeaverQPR

Lets see how he does next season. Full season in charge and also the tag of favourits. Last season they caught most teams out as they came from nowhere.

@WeavQPR

McClaren on 16:00 - Jun 8 with 3541 viewsHollowayRanger

seems well liked and well respected by the players

but we were there for the taking in the final (just watched it again) and their tactic was to just keep pumping crosses into the box right down dunne and onouhas throats instead of running at them ,dunne almost gave away a pen onouha gave ball away for red card and dunne had two other iffy moments when ran at

they seemed to be rushing as clock ticked down towards 90mins the hoilett interception a classic example , instead of taking their time as they still had 30 mins extratime to look forward to ,perhaps that was their greatest weakness they didn't have a leader in the middle

he also made odd substitions taking off to of their better players and not starting with their player of the year

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren on 16:04 - Jun 8 with 3535 viewsessextaxiboy

He obviously puts on sessions that players enjoy and can make them technically better but I am not sure about his game tactics or his ability in the transfer market. .

Coach not Manager IMO
McClaren on 16:55 - Jun 8 with 3494 viewsPey

McClaren on 10:52 - Jun 8 by stansleftfoot

Looked and was totally out of his depth at Championship level in the Final against master tactician's Harry Redknapp and Keven Bond.
McLaren is merely a coach and cannot fathom out game management and never has.

Master Tactician's Redknapp and Bond?

I know it's a saying the winning manager is always right, but we needed a player (Hill) to point out what to do with the substitution of getting Henry on the pitch and Hill going off instead of Hoilett and we all know what happened after that.
Also, I failed to recognize any pattern of play in this campaign after Mclaren left.

Glad we made it into the PL and Arry will get a lot of credits for that, but if we play a similar approach in the PL it's going to be a rough time.

Now is time to bring a few players in on key position (CB, CM and Strikers) and get a system or pattern to play in which players feel welcome in and has no surprises for them.
Preferably ahead of the season to start and not waiting till the last day of the transfer period.
McClaren on 17:14 - Jun 8 with 3468 viewsstansleftfoot

McClaren on 16:55 - Jun 8 by Pey

I know it's a saying the winning manager is always right, but we needed a player (Hill) to point out what to do with the substitution of getting Henry on the pitch and Hill going off instead of Hoilett and we all know what happened after that.
Also, I failed to recognize any pattern of play in this campaign after Mclaren left.

Glad we made it into the PL and Arry will get a lot of credits for that, but if we play a similar approach in the PL it's going to be a rough time.

Now is time to bring a few players in on key position (CB, CM and Strikers) and get a system or pattern to play in which players feel welcome in and has no surprises for them.
Preferably ahead of the season to start and not waiting till the last day of the transfer period.

The danger of jumping in after irony is used as a method of illuminating intellectual points is pretty obvious here...I retire from posting, it's pretty pointless really unless one is particularly interested in reading one's own posts....Bye!
McClaren on 17:18 - Jun 8 with 3459 viewsCHUBBS

McClaren on 16:04 - Jun 8 by essextaxiboy

He obviously puts on sessions that players enjoy and can make them technically better but I am not sure about his game tactics or his ability in the transfer market. .

Coach not Manager IMO

This^^^
Took over a ready made side just like at Twente in Holland.
Would rather Nigel Clough who built the Derby team for an absolute pittance and has created miracles at Sheff Utd since.
McClaren on 19:06 - Jun 8 with 3395 viewsTheBlob

McClaren on 17:18 - Jun 8 by CHUBBS

This^^^
Took over a ready made side just like at Twente in Holland.
Would rather Nigel Clough who built the Derby team for an absolute pittance and has created miracles at Sheff Utd since.

+1
The final summed it up for me what's wrong with the guy - spent most of his time up in the stands shaking his head.He should be down on the touchline giving it plenty,especially when we were down to 10.Why Bamford didn't start or come on earlier remains a mystery.Tactically naive and the motivational presence of a squashed apricot.Having said that a very good coach.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

McClaren on 19:22 - Jun 8 with 3373 viewsHollowayRanger

McClaren on 19:06 - Jun 8 by TheBlob

+1
The final summed it up for me what's wrong with the guy - spent most of his time up in the stands shaking his head.He should be down on the touchline giving it plenty,especially when we were down to 10.Why Bamford didn't start or come on earlier remains a mystery.Tactically naive and the motivational presence of a squashed apricot.Having said that a very good coach.

agree with that if I were a player and I needed help/a lift and I turned to my bench and saw my manager sitting right at the back doing nowt

I wouldn't be very inspired

still least he left the brolly at home this time

down to 10 men redknapp was like a jack in the box trying to keep us going

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

McClaren on 21:39 - Jun 8 with 3308 viewsTGRRRSSS

If Arry was so terrible at tactics and things he'd never had had anything like the success he has down the years.
Onto McLaren he's a better number 2 than number 1 I think but has improved since England (wrong man in first place), that being said he's done well with Derby but was left a decent foundation by Clough who maybe had taken things so far and isnt up to the next level.
Lets see how Derby do next season before we jump to too many conclusions.
A good winning run of games does wonders for confidence as well all know and can mask underlying troubles.
McClaren on 21:56 - Jun 8 with 3284 viewsDylanP

McClaren on 16:55 - Jun 8 by Pey

Obviously, the fact that you "failed to recognize any pattern of play in this campaign after Mclaren left" doesn't mean there was no pattern, it just means that you didn't recognize it.

I think that 'arry started preparations each week from scratch and built a team/game plan for the team they were facing. Sometimes the game plan worked and sometimes it didn't but that is a fairly sensible approach. If you have a team with speed downy he flanks you need a different sort of line-up to a team that plays route 1 football.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

McClaren on 22:04 - Jun 8 with 3271 viewsLowerloftLad

Derby will finish top between 7-12th 3 good sides coming down wigan will be right up there again as will reading and there's always one surprise Side this year it was derby next year will be someone else

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

McClaren on 22:58 - Jun 8 with 3209 viewsTrom

McClaren on 12:18 - Jun 8 by kingsburyR

Hope he leaves Derby for the Prem. Also hope Thorne goes back to parent club, they lose Will Hughes and a number of other get picked up by bigger clubs.
Derby were full of it before the final and I really hope they do nothing next year.

Not their fans fault though - having felt it at Cardiff it was unbelievable to be on the right side, especially given the circumstances. What a rush.

I hope the do ok - nice footballing side. More entertainment next season game to game. Need pace - Philips return will be key.
McClaren on 17:27 - Jun 9 with 3119 viewsmorgantwin

McClaren on 22:58 - Jun 8 by Trom

Not their fans fault though - having felt it at Cardiff it was unbelievable to be on the right side, especially given the circumstances. What a rush.

I hope the do ok - nice footballing side. More entertainment next season game to game. Need pace - Philips return will be key.

sexton although a brilliant coach was one of the worst managers we ever had his inabillity to wheal and deal in the transfer market created a relegation in 1978
he just couldnt sell players

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

McClaren on 10:19 - Jun 10 with 3027 viewsTacticalR

We weren't relegated in 1978.

Air hostess clique

McClaren on 10:32 - Jun 10 with 3015 viewstoboboly

Would have him as assistant but not sure he has quite what it takes to be in the PL.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

McClaren on 15:19 - Jun 10 with 2970 viewsAlvarado

McClaren on 17:14 - Jun 8 by stansleftfoot

The danger of jumping in after irony is used as a method of illuminating intellectual points is pretty obvious here...I retire from posting, it's pretty pointless really unless one is particularly interested in reading one's own posts....Bye!

Don't be sad SLF. Some of us got it...
McClaren on 20:27 - Jun 10 with 2904 viewsSpiritofGregory

I rate him as a coach not a manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024