Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ronaldinho 17:39 - Jul 7 with 14177 views08olesen

A lot of roumers flying around that we are gonna bring him to the prem.

I don't care how old he is, i would take him in a heartbeat. Very much doubt it would happen, but to watch one of the all time greats at the loft, would be awesome.

Must be a wind up, but i have fallen for it!

Go get him tone! He could put some great balls through to Remy (who looks like he is staying from Tonys comments.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ronaldinho on 00:13 - Jul 8 with 3136 viewsWanderR

This is a great idea ... six years ago.

Current location: OX10

Ronaldinho on 07:53 - Jul 8 with 2976 views08olesen

I understand the concern about and old player on the decline, but you cant accuse the bloke of wanting to move for money. He played for Ath. Mineiro without pay for months, and was one of the highest paid players for years.

IMO if he comes to England it will be for a genuine love of football, which he appears to have when i have seen him play. I would not be the Ronaldinho of Barca, but just like Pirlo, will still have the vision and the passes to open a defense.

Ronaldinho on 08:15 - Jul 8 with 2934 viewsqprmick

Even at 34 he is still better than any Brazilian at the World Cup.

Qprmick

Ronaldinho on 08:42 - Jul 8 with 2897 viewsrosseeles

this whole "OMG we cant sign anyone if they are over 30" thing is starting ot get really tedious, why not instead of age we focus on if they are still half decent?

The people that are complaining about him being over the hill and no good, i assume you all watched a large proportion of the games he played in last year? i assume you know his wage packet currently? i assume you know he didnt get paid for months and months last year but kept playing?

i know we got burnt last time we were in the prem, but if we sign a team of up and coming youngsters without adding in experience we'll be relegated in no time.
Ronaldinho on 08:51 - Jul 8 with 2878 viewsWeaverQPR

Don't believe this for one second.

@WeavQPR

Ronaldinho on 08:56 - Jul 8 with 2873 viewsDANRANGER

Ronaldinho on 08:42 - Jul 8 by rosseeles

this whole "OMG we cant sign anyone if they are over 30" thing is starting ot get really tedious, why not instead of age we focus on if they are still half decent?

The people that are complaining about him being over the hill and no good, i assume you all watched a large proportion of the games he played in last year? i assume you know his wage packet currently? i assume you know he didnt get paid for months and months last year but kept playing?

i know we got burnt last time we were in the prem, but if we sign a team of up and coming youngsters without adding in experience we'll be relegated in no time.

Agree with this. We all have an idea of what we would like to see in "our" team but we have got promotion and the management has earned the right to choose his players. I don't expect Arry to take a Bosingwa type so if this crazy story ends up being true then just enjoy the ride!

I'd love for us to produce our own as Southampton do and complement it with a few signings but until our scouting network and training facility is improved, the majority of our signings will be well known.
Ronaldinho on 10:07 - Jul 8 with 2834 viewsTacticalR

It's not a question of being against older players. Is it possible to buy a good older player? Of course it is (Derry and Hill spring to mind).

The problem comes when you buy older players whose form has dropped off a cliff (Park Ji-sung), or who are physical wrecks (Andrew Johnson).

It's a question of knowing what you're doing when buying older players.

Air hostess clique

Ronaldinho on 10:21 - Jul 8 with 2799 viewsrosseeles

Exactly , hence why i said focus on their form, no one bothers to look, its just complaining they are too old.
Login to get fewer ads

Ronaldinho on 10:26 - Jul 8 with 2789 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ronaldinho on 10:21 - Jul 8 by rosseeles

Exactly , hence why i said focus on their form, no one bothers to look, its just complaining they are too old.

Ronaldinho was a party boy and poor professional when he was in his pomp, i definitely don't want him aged 34...

Agree that you can't just judge a player by his age alone (Ryan Nelson example etc) but Ronaldinho has a number of red flags for me.

All just idel rumour anyway!
Ronaldinho on 10:30 - Jul 8 with 2772 viewsTacticalR

Ronaldinho on 21:20 - Jul 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

If Mark Hughes wants him we should definitely stay clear!

This is a great opportunity for Hughes to show he is a big man who can buy big players. Then he will be ready to manage Manchester United.

Air hostess clique

Ronaldinho on 10:37 - Jul 8 with 2751 viewsWestminsteRs

Ronaldinho on 10:26 - Jul 8 by adhoc_qpr

Ronaldinho was a party boy and poor professional when he was in his pomp, i definitely don't want him aged 34...

Agree that you can't just judge a player by his age alone (Ryan Nelson example etc) but Ronaldinho has a number of red flags for me.

All just idel rumour anyway!

Not adel rumour though...
Ronaldinho on 10:38 - Jul 8 with 2749 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think it's been explained a few times, but I'll try again.

Rio Ferdinand is a good player. Ronaldinho was certainly a good player but became more interested in partying than football. But he could still be a good player.

But in an odd way, whether they are good or not is irrelevant. The problem with buying players past their peak (and no one is saying we should only buy kids - and let's not try to make out our squad isn't already full of plenty of experience - the play-off final first XI was made up of these ages: 34, 27, 34, 27, 35, 29, 31, 31, 24, 30, 25 - our youngest player, Hoilett has already played four seasons in the top 2 divisions) is that they don't last long. You pay a premium because of their name. They don't come cheap, even if on a free. And then pretty soon they're gone and you need to replace them - or you get relegated and you're stuck with their enormous wages which no one else on earth will take on (see Park, Cesar etc etc).

Either way, as a business model it's stupid, it's irresponsible and it's been proven time and again that it doesn't work. It may work for the short term and hurray for that. But the back-end negatives far outweigh the short term positives. Expensive, need replacing soon, high turnover of playing staff meaning new blood having to be jetted in more regularly, players who therefore do not develop an affinity with the club, and fans who do not develop an affinity with the players.

Look at us as fans, the vast majority desperate for Clint and Ale to get new contracts. We all know deep down that Clint can only be a bit-part player next season - even he's admitted that. And deep down we all know we may never see the Ale Faurlin that we loved before his injuries. But we NEED something - continuity, heroes, people we feel *care*. You have to have that. Christ, some fans have now attached themselves to Bobby freaking Zamora, basically an expensive waste of time for the best part of 30 months, based on two great substitute appearances. That's how starved we have become of true favourites because of the club's revolving door transfer policy.

If anyone can tell me, with a straight face, that Ronaldbloodyinho would come here for anything other than money and the chance to party 7 nights a week in London, then they need serious help.

Having said that, seeing him in a QPR shirt would be wonderfully surreal.

Bare bones.

Ronaldinho on 10:46 - Jul 8 with 2716 viewsDiscodroid

Ronaldinho on 10:38 - Jul 8 by Antti_Heinola

Rio Ferdinand is a good player. Ronaldinho was certainly a good player but became more interested in partying than football. But he could still be a good player.

But in an odd way, whether they are good or not is irrelevant. The problem with buying players past their peak (and no one is saying we should only buy kids - and let's not try to make out our squad isn't already full of plenty of experience - the play-off final first XI was made up of these ages: 34, 27, 34, 27, 35, 29, 31, 31, 24, 30, 25 - our youngest player, Hoilett has already played four seasons in the top 2 divisions) is that they don't last long. You pay a premium because of their name. They don't come cheap, even if on a free. And then pretty soon they're gone and you need to replace them - or you get relegated and you're stuck with their enormous wages which no one else on earth will take on (see Park, Cesar etc etc).

Either way, as a business model it's stupid, it's irresponsible and it's been proven time and again that it doesn't work. It may work for the short term and hurray for that. But the back-end negatives far outweigh the short term positives. Expensive, need replacing soon, high turnover of playing staff meaning new blood having to be jetted in more regularly, players who therefore do not develop an affinity with the club, and fans who do not develop an affinity with the players.

Look at us as fans, the vast majority desperate for Clint and Ale to get new contracts. We all know deep down that Clint can only be a bit-part player next season - even he's admitted that. And deep down we all know we may never see the Ale Faurlin that we loved before his injuries. But we NEED something - continuity, heroes, people we feel *care*. You have to have that. Christ, some fans have now attached themselves to Bobby freaking Zamora, basically an expensive waste of time for the best part of 30 months, based on two great substitute appearances. That's how starved we have become of true favourites because of the club's revolving door transfer policy.

If anyone can tell me, with a straight face, that Ronaldbloodyinho would come here for anything other than money and the chance to party 7 nights a week in London, then they need serious help.

fuc king 'A' Antti, well in.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Ronaldinho on 10:54 - Jul 8 with 2710 viewssimmo

Ronaldinho on 10:38 - Jul 8 by Antti_Heinola

Yes.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ronaldinho on 11:06 - Jul 8 with 2695 viewsTacticalR

As surreal as seeing the Brazil goalie sitting in QPR's reserves?

Air hostess clique

Ronaldinho on 11:11 - Jul 8 with 2499 viewsNorthernr

Just to clarify, is this all stemming from a "report" on a website called "Uni Lad"??
Ronaldinho on 11:18 - Jul 8 with 2470 viewsimustbemad

Ronaldinho on 11:11 - Jul 8 by Northernr

Just to clarify, is this all stemming from a "report" on a website called "Uni Lad"??

probably. Biggest load of nonsense I have heard for some time
Ronaldinho on 11:20 - Jul 8 with 2466 viewsmakaveli1882

Ronaldinho on 23:26 - Jul 7 by BrazilNutR

There are some seriously mis-informed people on this thread..

One said.."unbelievable in la Liga last season"..... WHAT?? he hasn't played in la liga for years.. since 2008! and has been in Brazil since 2010..

Another said he had been involved in a couple of sex scandals... I think this was a confusion with Ronaldo (also called ronaldinho in Brazil).. but usually referred to as Ronaldo Phenomenon... and rightly so!

Ronaldinho was a great player in his day, but he is not the right sort, famous party animal, and been lacking pace and not looked that convincing in the Brazilian league the last times I have seen him, so Premiership will be a tough call. Plus he will only come if wages are big..
I would still like it to happen, just to cement the QPR brand in Brazil...Julio Cesar has helped, but Ronaldinho is still a national favourite... some people wanted him in the world cup squad...

Its funny I got mobbed in my England shirt at a street party at Vila Madalena in Sao Paulo during the World Cup after the Brazil Mexico match, some locals asked who I supported back home I said "Q.P.R Julio Cesar etc etc"

The bloke replied with do you know Bruno Perone!! completely took my head off, anyway got them singing Oh Bobby, good lads, best street party ever must been 100,000 people in there

The Brand QPR is 100% getting bigger
Ronaldinho on 11:55 - Jul 8 with 2411 viewsWeaverQPR

Ronaldinho on 11:11 - Jul 8 by Northernr

The article I read had a disclaimer at the bottom saying they had made it all up!

@WeavQPR

Ronaldinho on 11:59 - Jul 8 with 2401 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ronaldinho on 11:06 - Jul 8 by TacticalR

As surreal as seeing the Brazil goalie sitting in QPR's reserves?

That is a tough call!

Bare bones.

Ronaldinho on 19:33 - Jul 8 with 2293 viewshoopstilidie

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Ronaldinho on 20:17 - Jul 8 with 2244 views08olesen

Ronaldinho on 19:33 - Jul 8 by hoopstilidie

That would do!

Add Stevie May on the cheap and a CDM and we are sorted.

Ronaldinho on 20:30 - Jul 8 with 2208 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ronaldinho on 20:17 - Jul 8 by 08olesen

That would do!

Add Stevie May on the cheap and a CDM and we are sorted.

I'm fairly sure this is all balls, but that was a terrific post by Antti on the whole old-players issue.

I would just say that back in the day we had two terrific buys of old big-name players with no re-sale value, namely Ray Wilkins and [to a lesser extent] Trevor Francis. But the key thing with those signings was that they were also guys with a fantastic record of professionalism and looking after themselves during their careers, so that it was not that surprising that they still had an indian summer left in them. Also, they were slotted into teams with younger players who could do the piano-shifting.
Ronaldinho on 08:33 - Jul 9 with 2123 viewsqprmick

Clint Hill also said he didn't have the legs for left back but we still put him there..

Qprmick

Ronaldinho on 09:00 - Jul 9 with 2093 viewsBlue_Castello

Ronaldinho on 20:30 - Jul 8 by CiderwithRsie

I'm fairly sure this is all balls, but that was a terrific post by Antti on the whole old-players issue.

I would just say that back in the day we had two terrific buys of old big-name players with no re-sale value, namely Ray Wilkins and [to a lesser extent] Trevor Francis. But the key thing with those signings was that they were also guys with a fantastic record of professionalism and looking after themselves during their careers, so that it was not that surprising that they still had an indian summer left in them. Also, they were slotted into teams with younger players who could do the piano-shifting.

We've had a few over the years , two of the very best examples were McLintock and Webb, a superb centre back pairing.

The problem now is the games changed so much, it's all about money now, I'm amazed Zamorra won't jump at our supposed cheap contract offer to stay with the club, no he's looking for more money, we'll sod him bugger off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024