Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! 21:48 - Jul 11 with 18619 viewsjamois

If the Mirror is to be believed...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-clinch-trans

If true, I'm very sad - the first signing I've liked the sound of for ages....

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 11:39 - Jul 12 with 2641 viewsSpiritofGregory

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:33 - Jul 12 by THEBUSH

I agree, think the Palace would offer him less than us.

If he don't sign for us, perhaps he has issues with Redknapp !!

Maybe it's because we haven't signed anyone and also because of our pathetic showing last time in the Premier League. Palace have Pulis who has improved them and will improve them further whilst we'll be scrapping down the bottom.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 11:48 - Jul 12 with 2608 viewsSpiritofGregory

Anyway it's not official that he has signed, there might be another twist in the tale. However we should be looking at other players, if players can talk to other clubs, we can talk to other players.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 11:55 - Jul 12 with 2594 viewsTacticalR

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 11:48 - Jul 12 by SpiritofGregory

Anyway it's not official that he has signed, there might be another twist in the tale. However we should be looking at other players, if players can talk to other clubs, we can talk to other players.

Yes, we just need to get back in the saddle. Then we can start pulling again.

Air hostess clique

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 12:31 - Jul 12 with 2527 viewsOldPedro

Would be good if we could get our signings in during the next week so that they could join up with the squad pre-season - I know it won't happen though - 11pm on 1st Sept looks more likely.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 13:16 - Jul 12 with 2443 viewsWeaverQPR

If he does go to Palace so be it. Palace have a year in the PL under there belt, have put together a sensible squad with some decent players, got a proven manager who has never been relegated from the PL.
Joining Palace is a safe bet from Caulker.
Theres always the uncertainty around QPR that we could blow up at anytime.

@WeavQPR

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 13:25 - Jul 12 with 2432 viewsDylanP

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 11:48 - Jul 12 by SpiritofGregory

How do you know we are not looking at a bunch of players? How do you know we are fixating on one paler? Just because that it what it says in the Daily Mirror, doesn't meant is true.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 13:29 - Jul 12 with 2417 viewsMaggsinho

Plus they're supposedly offering £20k a week more than we are.

It's one story - in the Mirror - that I haven't seen corroborated anywhere else so let's wait and see. If he goes to Palace so be it, we move on to our next targets; Vlaar, Besler, Lascelles and go from there.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 14:04 - Jul 12 with 2357 viewsconnell10

I think the thing we all find galling in this is the fact we cant compete with palarse! You can all post on here you dont care etc but underneath you are gonna be pissed we cant compete with a two bob outfit from south london! Thats if this story is true!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 14:12 - Jul 12 with 2320 viewsSpiritofGregory

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 13:25 - Jul 12 by DylanP

How do you know we are not looking at a bunch of players? How do you know we are fixating on one paler? Just because that it what it says in the Daily Mirror, doesn't meant is true.

Look at our track record.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 14:14 - Jul 12 with 2318 viewsfrancisbowles

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 13:29 - Jul 12 by Maggsinho

It's one story - in the Mirror - that I haven't seen corroborated anywhere else so let's wait and see. If he goes to Palace so be it, we move on to our next targets; Vlaar, Besler, Lascelles and go from there.

20k a week more! I read they were offering him 42K a week. Can't believe we only (relative to pl wages) offered him 22k!
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 14:16 - Jul 12 with 2316 viewsSnipper

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 14:04 - Jul 12 by connell10

I think the thing we all find galling in this is the fact we cant compete with palarse! You can all post on here you dont care etc but underneath you are gonna be pissed we cant compete with a two bob outfit from south london! Thats if this story is true!!

I'd be delighted if Caulker signed for us, but if the reason he might sign for Palace is purely monetary, then I'm glad that the board are serious about not being taken for mugs.

Instead of "moneybags QPR" it'll be "frugal QPR".
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 14:20 - Jul 12 with 2298 viewsPommyhoop

We are gonna get f'cking Rio Ferdinand and whatever Daniel Levy feels like dumping on us...
ATAF

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 14:20 - Jul 12 with 2299 viewsSpiritofGregory

Why do we give players so much time?
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:10 - Jul 12 with 2185 viewsJonDoeman

More evidence of lessons getting learnt, he obviously doesn't want to play for us, so don't offer him silly money to do so!! I'm seeing this as a positive .

It Is What It Is !!

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:14 - Jul 12 with 2168 viewsWeaverQPR

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:10 - Jul 12 by JonDoeman

More evidence of lessons getting learnt, he obviously doesn't want to play for us, so don't offer him silly money to do so!! I'm seeing this as a positive .

Exactly, weve already offered to double his wages, youve got to draw the line somewhere

@WeavQPR

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:28 - Jul 12 with 2136 viewsTopCat34

Just seen 'Arry at the races. Good to see his putting all his energy into preparation for the new season...
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:32 - Jul 12 with 2127 viewsQPR_John

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:14 - Jul 12 by WeaverQPR

Exactly, weve already offered to double his wages, youve got to draw the line somewhere

The problem is that while offering silly money is not the way to go having a set cap we will not move from gives other clubs quite an advantage especially those we are realistically competing with.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:33 - Jul 12 with 2121 viewsQPR_John

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:28 - Jul 12 by TopCat34

Just seen 'Arry at the races. Good to see his putting all his energy into preparation for the new season...

Quite right he should be at his desk 24 hours a day
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:41 - Jul 12 with 2097 viewswood_hoop

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:28 - Jul 12 by TopCat34

well we do lack pace, maybe something in the 5 furlong sprint has caught his eye ;-)
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 16:31 - Jul 12 with 2033 viewsMaggsinho

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 14:20 - Jul 12 by SpiritofGregory

Why do we give players so much time?

I'm not sure we give any more time to players than anyone else, it's just that we're more aware of players linked to us than to other clubs.

Besides Palace have taken just as long and allegedly got Caulker so it seems to have worked for them.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 16:42 - Jul 12 with 1998 viewsLoft1979

Sort of what I was looking for in terms of feedback. Caulker is only 22 and definitely a potential star, but not necessarily the only player who can do a job. Besler would be coupe.

Been burnt by the press before, who said Ricardo Carvallo and Dawson were all but signed.

Also think the prem teams are so 'relegation shy' they don't want to risk big splashes.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 17:58 - Jul 12 with 1877 viewswillis1980

It'd be a shame if we didn't land him he was the one prospect I was genuinely looking forward to signing
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 18:39 - Jul 12 with 1778 viewsderbyhoop

My understanding is that he is holding out for better offers than ours. He'd like to go to one of the top 6/7 clubs, but, so far, they haven't shown that much interest. The next criteria is money. If we're not prepared to match/beat the £42K per week that Palace are, supposedly, offering, it shows 2 things.
1. We have learned lessons and are not going to pay silly money- even to players with considerable potential and resale value
2. If any player is prepared to reject a PL club over a wage differential of about £2k per week, we're better off without him.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 18:54 - Jul 12 with 1736 viewsjamois

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 18:39 - Jul 12 by derbyhoop

My understanding is that he is holding out for better offers than ours. He'd like to go to one of the top 6/7 clubs, but, so far, they haven't shown that much interest. The next criteria is money. If we're not prepared to match/beat the £42K per week that Palace are, supposedly, offering, it shows 2 things.
1. We have learned lessons and are not going to pay silly money- even to players with considerable potential and resale value
2. If any player is prepared to reject a PL club over a wage differential of about £2k per week, we're better off without him.

I totally agree with this.

I'd also say that our past mistakes haven't been in paying out huge wages per se. The problem has been over-inflated salaries to players that are too old, over the hill, lacking in motivation or simply not wanting to be here, and generally speaking players with little to no resale value.

There's nothing wrong with using PL riches to pay a good, young player what he is able to get elsewhere, or a player with likely decent resale value.

We must not get the two confused.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 19:11 - Jul 12 with 1703 viewsQPR_John

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 18:39 - Jul 12 by derbyhoop

"2. If any player is prepared to reject a PL club over a wage differential of about £2k per week, we're better off without him."

I do not understand your point, he may well be rejecting a PL club, us, but that is for another PL club, Palace
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024