Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! 21:48 - Jul 11 with 18615 viewsjamois

If the Mirror is to be believed...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-clinch-trans

If true, I'm very sad - the first signing I've liked the sound of for ages....

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 23:02 - Jul 12 with 3223 viewsderbyhoop

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 19:11 - Jul 12 by QPR_John

"2. If any player is prepared to reject a PL club over a wage differential of about £2k per week, we're better off without him."

I do not understand your point, he may well be rejecting a PL club, us, but that is for another PL club, Palace

His motivation for joining Palace rather than us, if true, is all about money. If he's that money oriented, especially where he doesn't appear over keen to join us, indicates that he'd struggle to fit into our NEW team ethic.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 23:24 - Jul 12 with 3161 viewsSpiritofGregory

There is a lot made out of the money spent in the past. the issue wasn't really the money spent it was who we spent it on. We gave lucrative contracts to rejects and we got what we deserved .It's ok to spend £8m on Caulker and pay him £45k a week because he is a quality defender and he'll have sell on value .
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 23:49 - Jul 12 with 3095 viewsSpiritofGregory

Have you noticed how more and more players have clauses in their contracts. So it's not enough that they get paid thousands a week, they are now restricting how much clubs can make out of them.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 07:40 - Jul 13 with 2958 viewstimcocking

I did try to tell you!

Amazes me people celebrate a signing before we have made that signing. Every time the same.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 08:14 - Jul 13 with 2926 viewsJonDoeman

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 23:24 - Jul 12 by SpiritofGregory

There is a lot made out of the money spent in the past. the issue wasn't really the money spent it was who we spent it on. We gave lucrative contracts to rejects and we got what we deserved .It's ok to spend £8m on Caulker and pay him £45k a week because he is a quality defender and he'll have sell on value .

I suspect its more a footballing decision than financial, he doesn't fancy us & thinks Palace are a better bet. Fair enough, next.

It Is What It Is !!

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 08:20 - Jul 13 with 2913 viewsdavman

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 07:40 - Jul 13 by timcocking

I did try to tell you!

Amazes me people celebrate a signing before we have made that signing. Every time the same.

It amazes me when our manager opens his big choppy gob to get supporter's hopes up. I get why journos feel the need to speculate; I have no idea (other than attention seeking) why Mr. Redknapp feels the need to comment until the deal is done.

Losing out to a tinpot club with a hoofit manager like him would be hard to take though...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:29 - Jul 13 with 2725 viewsSpiritofGregory

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 08:20 - Jul 13 by davman

It amazes me when our manager opens his big choppy gob to get supporter's hopes up. I get why journos feel the need to speculate; I have no idea (other than attention seeking) why Mr. Redknapp feels the need to comment until the deal is done.

Losing out to a tinpot club with a hoofit manager like him would be hard to take though...

I don't get Rangers if you are a club that's cutting its cloth then the whole tranfers strategy needs to change we have to pick up gems in the lower league and abroad. Any player who has had a taste of the premier league expects big wages and command a substantial fee.

Do we actually have a scouting system?
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:30 - Jul 13 with 2714 viewsWeaverQPR

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:29 - Jul 13 by SpiritofGregory

I don't get Rangers if you are a club that's cutting its cloth then the whole tranfers strategy needs to change we have to pick up gems in the lower league and abroad. Any player who has had a taste of the premier league expects big wages and command a substantial fee.

Do we actually have a scouting system?

yes tottenham

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:41 - Jul 13 with 2688 viewsSpiritofGregory

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:30 - Jul 13 by WeaverQPR

yes tottenham

I have a fear that we will sign more of their rejects.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:51 - Jul 13 with 2670 viewsHayesender

We'll probably end up with Rio, Scott Parker, and Peter Crouch.

Triffic lads

Poll: Shamima Beghum

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:54 - Jul 13 with 2663 viewsTHEBUSH

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:41 - Jul 13 by SpiritofGregory

I have a fear that we will sign more of their rejects.

Caulker is a Tottenham reject, we don't seem to be able to sign him
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 11:46 - Jul 13 with 2574 viewsJonDoeman

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:54 - Jul 13 by THEBUSH

Booooooooooom

It Is What It Is !!

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 12:02 - Jul 13 with 2529 viewsQPR_Jim

You're right about the tin-pot club and the hoof it manager. I find it hard to believe Caulker would go to that after being a ball playing defender at Swansea. On the other hand Pulis teams tend to be strong and well drilled so could make him look invincible if he's at the heart of a strong defence, paving a way to a bigger club. Either way I'm sure there are plenty of other players Who could do a job for us.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:41 - Jul 13 with 2313 viewsJonDoeman

Another Spurs reject we won't be getting ........Panic.!!!

[Post edited 13 Jul 2014 15:42]

It Is What It Is !!

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:50 - Jul 13 with 2288 viewsrosseeles

ill wait and see once the deals are concluded, going to be loads of transfer stuff from this week with the world cup over and all the teams back in training
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 16:01 - Jul 13 with 2266 viewsJonDoeman

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:50 - Jul 13 by rosseeles

ill wait and see once the deals are concluded, going to be loads of transfer stuff from this week with the world cup over and all the teams back in training

Why wait & see , when you can moan about signings we won't make ? ;)
[Post edited 13 Jul 2014 16:31]

It Is What It Is !!

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 16:29 - Jul 13 with 2200 viewsbaz_qpr

Could understand why Palace holds more appeal, you've just gone through a relegation we have to be favourites to go down, we were not great on the way up and we did it with a load of loans.

I think a club that has just stayed up is always going to look a better bet than one coming up
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 17:32 - Jul 13 with 2047 viewsDiscodroid

just a thought ,can we not bother to renew bobby z's contract and tommy cooper golf addict gary oniels for the combined £30,ooo per week(approx £15,000x2) and bung some of it to caulker, who seems to think he is the next johan neeskins.

can we not at least match palaces offer and secure the services of a player who, for the first time since jfk was shot, we would have a player with resale value.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 18:54 - Jul 13 with 1878 viewsNorthernr

The fact we've gone for a player of Caulker's quality, age and promise is exceptionally encouraging.
The fact we apparently haven't let him hold us to ransom likewise.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 19:22 - Jul 13 with 1816 viewsMatch82

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 17:32 - Jul 13 by Discodroid

just a thought ,can we not bother to renew bobby z's contract and tommy cooper golf addict gary oniels for the combined £30,ooo per week(approx £15,000x2) and bung some of it to caulker, who seems to think he is the next johan neeskins.

can we not at least match palaces offer and secure the services of a player who, for the first time since jfk was shot, we would have a player with resale value.

We got our money back for Samba
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 19:34 - Jul 13 with 1781 viewsSpiritofGregory

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:54 - Jul 13 by THEBUSH

Current ones, I hear Tom Carroll might be headed our way.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 20:22 - Jul 13 with 1693 viewsessextaxiboy

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 15:28 - Jul 12 by TopCat34

Just seen 'Arry at the races. Good to see his putting all his energy into preparation for the new season...

There is always a deal to be done the day before the World Cup Final , all those players and club officials waiting for his call ....
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 20:26 - Jul 13 with 1685 viewsessextaxiboy

He does it for a reason ,either to put pressure on the player or another player to make a decision or Beard and TF to get a move on

He is a master at it .
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 20:27 - Jul 13 with 1678 viewsessextaxiboy

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:51 - Jul 13 by Hayesender

We'll probably end up with Rio, Scott Parker, and Peter Crouch.

Triffic lads

Why cant we end up with players like Phillips, Simpson and Austin ?
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 20:29 - Jul 13 with 1676 viewsessextaxiboy

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 17:32 - Jul 13 by Discodroid

We will make a profit on Remy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024