Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! 21:48 - Jul 11 with 18609 viewsjamois

If the Mirror is to be believed...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-clinch-trans

If true, I'm very sad - the first signing I've liked the sound of for ages....

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 21:51 - Jul 11 with 6447 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Like he was ever going to come here...
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 21:52 - Jul 11 with 6434 viewsjamois

I honestly thought he would. Any why are Palace any less of a prospect than us?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 21:52 - Jul 11 with 6430 viewsQPR442

Think you are panicking too much. Your believing a story from the same paper that said Remy was going to Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool/Toon in the last 10 days?
Just wait until it happens. Loads of Palace fans out of the woodwork on Twitter giving us stick and the story has no quotes or foundation to it.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 21:56 - Jul 11 with 6401 viewsessextaxiboy

Its the Mirror ..they would love it to look like Redknapp was not being supported.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 21:59 - Jul 11 with 6382 views08olesen

If this is the case, it highlights most of our fears. Wasting time on players who have to be 'convinced' for a month, while players like Richards and Van Djik are available. Either he wants to come or he doesn't as far as im concerned

Poll: Who will the other play off

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 22:03 - Jul 11 with 6341 viewsTHEBUSH

If true plenty of others about, just have keep looking, no big deal.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 22:14 - Jul 11 with 6256 viewsbosh67

If true, then go and get Micah Richards. He's on a free and would be amazing alongside Ned.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 22:32 - Jul 11 with 6145 viewsdaveB

how much a week, no way are palace paying that much
Login to get fewer ads

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 22:37 - Jul 11 with 6103 viewsTW_R

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 22:32 - Jul 11 by daveB

Well, if they are paying they much, they can have him. Maybe we have learned something?
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 22:38 - Jul 11 with 6100 viewswombat

Must like relegation battles , actually not that bothered if the story is true ,
As other have already said Micah Richards for me beast if a man free transfer 2 year deal due to last injury issues

Poll: which is your favouite foot

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 23:25 - Jul 11 with 5909 viewsQPR_John

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 21:59 - Jul 11 by 08olesen

If this is the case, it highlights most of our fears. Wasting time on players who have to be 'convinced' for a month, while players like Richards and Van Djik are available. Either he wants to come or he doesn't as far as im concerned

If true its a reaction to what has happened over the last few years. There has been plenty of post saying the club should no longer play silly money or that we only want players who are not mercenaries. We are now being outbid by Crystal Palace, so let's not moan about a lack of signings because this is the shape of things to come and people have got what they wanted. We cannot compete with the top clubs now it would appear we cannot compete with Crystal Palace. Of course I repeat if this is true.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 23:35 - Jul 11 with 5863 viewsnadera78

Negotiating tactic by his agent.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 23:48 - Jul 11 with 5792 viewsSpiritofGregory

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 22:14 - Jul 11 by bosh67

If true, then go and get Micah Richards. He's on a free and would be amazing alongside Ned.

Richards is a SWP mark 2, happy to be in Man City reserves whilst picking up his huge salary. He'd probably expect a bumper contract even though he hasn't played regular football in years.
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 23:56 - Jul 11 with 5772 views08olesen

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 23:25 - Jul 11 by QPR_John

If true its a reaction to what has happened over the last few years. There has been plenty of post saying the club should no longer play silly money or that we only want players who are not mercenaries. We are now being outbid by Crystal Palace, so let's not moan about a lack of signings because this is the shape of things to come and people have got what they wanted. We cannot compete with the top clubs now it would appear we cannot compete with Crystal Palace. Of course I repeat if this is true.

I admire the club for avoiding a mercenary, but surly they could have founf that out pritty quickly and nailed down another signing before the preseason has started,the fact that everyone else a part from spurs has done something suggest that we are not being too demanding by suggesting that. However i completely agree that if doing things slower avoids the likes of Park and SWP, then great...we just need to make sure we get some!

Poll: Who will the other play off

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 07:46 - Jul 12 with 5438 viewsLblock

Someone at the club said that as soon as a potential new player made it all about the money per week as a priority they'd walk away from the deal.
I thought at the time - good luck with that.

A big problem we have is existing wages. There is no structure.
A young up and coming player who is a classy player, could possibly go to a bigger club and already has proved himself in the Premiership is not going to accept less dosh a week than SWP or Ceasar who have but splinters. Why join a club where players feel they don't need to train hard or have dedication you do but instead leave preseason training, slag the club off and hawk themselves around Europe yet earn more than your deal?

I like the tough negotiation position but it's going to take a long time for this to bear fruit

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 07:48 - Jul 12 with 5430 viewsLowerloftLad

On the one up side we no longer her taken for a absolute mugs when it comes to wages

I really think will have one of the smallest wage bills in the prem by the start of the season
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 7:51]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 08:18 - Jul 12 with 5332 viewsIrishR

£42,000 a week for a 22 year old of Caulkers ability is not even comparable to offering similar or more in our case to a 30+ year old. Regardless of what happens with us next season Caulker is going to be a sellable asset.

Crystal Palace or QPR? I do not think there is a huge difference, ON PAPER we do have a better team, financially are better off and long term i am sure the more attractive prospect. Palace could very easily go down next year(despite the pulis factor) and languish in the championship again for a few years.

Heart out of the equation QPR would be the better club to sign up with between the two. We have made mistakes in the past but its clear to all we are learning. I believe we would offer Caulker £40k + and it would be a good signing. If it went over £50k then we could start being cautious, £60k and no way.

Between the 2 i still think he will end up here. Were we not rumoured to have offered him £last week anyway? its that fail after all. Maybe we can sell them Mbia?
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 08:18 - Jul 12 with 5332 viewsloftus77

Remember last summer when we all cried when we "lost" Gary Hooper, only to be "landed" with a crocked player from Burnley called Charlie Austin??
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 09:22 - Jul 12 with 5151 viewsMarshy

If the boy does go the Palace then he has made a big mistake!
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 9:27]
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 09:28 - Jul 12 with 5117 viewsPommyhoop

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 08:18 - Jul 12 by loftus77

Remember last summer when we all cried when we "lost" Gary Hooper, only to be "landed" with a crocked player from Burnley called Charlie Austin??

This^^^

Its a very big red flag/ omen if a player takes that long to decide. Hopefully the days of ''come play for us look at our wedge''are long gone.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 09:35 - Jul 12 with 5096 viewskingsburyR

He was never our to lose.

Move on.......NEXT!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 09:35 - Jul 12 with 5090 viewsDiscodroid

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 09:28 - Jul 12 by Pommyhoop

This^^^

Its a very big red flag/ omen if a player takes that long to decide. Hopefully the days of ''come play for us look at our wedge''are long gone.

fk him pommy

in terms of excitement, a vibrating cock ring , filled with a gel as yet unknown to the periodic tables, normally gets me 'over the white wash',
not some kid who at 22 thinks he's a hybrid splice of guiseepe bergomi and johan neeskens .

only the champions league ampitheatre of the gods, his own 'joy division' and im guessing £45,ooo per week will sate his talents.

or crystal palace!!!

the opportunity to play next to rio, the reigning undisputed world lumbago champion , curent age to be carbon dated, may not have swerved it for us
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 9:38]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:33 - Jul 12 with 4936 viewsTHEBUSH

I agree, think the Palace would offer him less than us.

If he don't sign for us, perhaps he has issues with Redknapp !!
We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 11:11 - Jul 12 with 4816 viewsbosh67

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 10:33 - Jul 12 by THEBUSH

I agree, think the Palace would offer him less than us.

If he don't sign for us, perhaps he has issues with Redknapp !!

Tere may be something in this.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 11:33 - Jul 12 with 4763 viewsLoft1979

We've lost Caulker - gone to Palace!! on 11:11 - Jul 12 by bosh67

Tere may be something in this.

Are we guilty of fixating on one guy?
If we were looking for a young good centre back surely there are more.
Do we go back for Jamal? Or how about Martin Kelly? Or the Algerian captain who is available for free.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024