Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Show your support 10:37 - Jul 13 with 15015 viewspompeyhoop

http://stopwar.org.uk/events/national-gaza-demonstration-saturday-19-july-stop-t

Anton Ferdinand was not a very good footballer...

Show your support on 15:22 - Jul 14 with 2358 viewsstevec

Show your support on 15:15 - Jul 14 by THEBUSH

Sorry but your wrong, when the last ceasefire was proposed, Israel broke the agreement the following day.

They have settled over 300,000 of their people on occupied territory, wouldn't you fight to get it back ?

Fair enough.

Ultimately both parties are liable, both unable to sort things out, outside parties try and fail time and again, so its little wonder the public give up on the situation.
Show your support on 15:52 - Jul 14 with 2337 viewsLOTR

Show your support on 14:05 - Jul 14 by stevec

And the 3 Jewish kids killed that set the latest troubles off? That not slaughter??

I think you're support of the Palestinians is somewhat selective.

Steve,

What about the complete disregard for the rule of law with the mass arrest of Palestinians in the wake of the abduction and murder of those three Israelis? Are you defending the Israeli tactic of collective punishment used in the wake of such murders? Is it at all justified to blow up or bulldoze the house of someone connected with those that carried out the murder? Isn't the destruction of homes a clear violation of international law and flies in the face of the basic premise of the rule of law?
Show your support on 20:03 - Jul 14 with 2299 viewskysersosaqpr

Show your support on 13:26 - Jul 13 by ozranger

This is a whole lot more complex that most think.

Now it has been revealed that a unity between Saudi Arabia and Israel is being brokered, both concerned about the rise of ISIL and the lack of action by the US. If the US do choose to get rid of ISIL, they will also get rid of the main enemy to the Assad govt in Syria, the one main govt they have also been trying to remove from power. There is also talk of the US supporting Iran in a move against ISIL, which sounds, but may not be as much as people think, far fetched. Then there is also the problem of Saudi Arabia and Qatar both originating from the same family of arabs (Wahhabi) yet having taken quite different views in relation to Islam (Qatar fosters the Muslim Brotherhood, those being ousted in Egypt). Finally, as many may have read, ISIL is doing something good. They are telling FIFA to not hold the WC in Qatar. A lot of this returns to the borders created by the likes of GB and France at the end of the Great War.

If you are interested in reading about the first item I have mentioned above, PM me and I will send it through. Note that as it is long, but not too long and most here may not want to read it.

And I thought Northern Ireland was confusing and contradicting. Absolutely stunning how mixed up the whole cesspit is. The best background book I read on this was Jeremy Bowen (bbc reporter) on how the Israel eight day war evolved. It didn't just go through the war, but the background, relationships, etc

I still don't understand what the hell is going on, but that book gives you some background.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Show your support on 20:17 - Jul 14 with 2289 viewsBromleyHoop

Show your support on 13:09 - Jul 14 by OakR

This first section is the most important part for me.

It's amazing to me how cheaply we view the lives of people in certain countries.

If there was an alleged Hamas terrorist living in London, would we be ok just bombing his house killing that person, his family and anyone else around? Clearly not, so I'm not sure why it's ok to occur in another country.

I don't understand the situation enough in terms of a solution, what I do know is the loss of civilian life in unacceptable. Hard for some governments to criticise after their own recent 'campaigns' of course though.

I'm not as well travelled as some on here, but am reasonably so. The one constant irrespective of culture I found is that the majority of people if any country are nice people who just want to lead normal lives. For some though, that is not possible.

If the London residing Hamas member was sending rockets off to various points of London then yes, I think we'd be all over it like a tramp on chips. Just like the IDF are.

Also it is widely known that the Palestinians manipuate the media and inflate the number of casualties/dead. Anything that says 'A Palestinian source states' is probably a lie.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 20:22]

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Show your support on 09:54 - Jul 15 with 2236 viewsTHEBUSH

Show your support on 20:17 - Jul 14 by BromleyHoop

If the London residing Hamas member was sending rockets off to various points of London then yes, I think we'd be all over it like a tramp on chips. Just like the IDF are.

Also it is widely known that the Palestinians manipuate the media and inflate the number of casualties/dead. Anything that says 'A Palestinian source states' is probably a lie.

How is it widely known, the Palestinians manipulate the media ?

Just because a Jewish spokesman said it, don't make it true
Show your support on 10:13 - Jul 15 with 2220 viewsCHUBBS

Show your support on 09:54 - Jul 15 by THEBUSH

Yeah and there's no way you'd catch the masters of bullshit manipulate the western worlds media(to which they control the majority of)outlets.
No time for any of these terrorist groups,the biggest being Israel themselves,but you can understand the resentment the poor Palestinians must hold toward their Zionist controllers.
Show your support on 10:17 - Jul 15 with 2216 viewsLOTR

Show your support on 20:17 - Jul 14 by BromleyHoop

I totally disagree with such a blatantly uneducated viewpoint.

How on EARTH could you think that if rockets were being fired from London to another part of London(by Hamas as you say) that we would "be all over it like a tramp on chips" (still don't really understand your use of metaphor there), but i imagine it means bombing targets at will whether they contain suspected Hamas militants or not, bombing schools and hospitals for disabled people because Hamas members MIGHT be residing there, or did you mean rounding up large numbers of people who are associated with Hamas, you know brothers, aunts, uncles, grandparents etc and detaining them, WITHOUT trial for prolonged periods of trial, denying them their most basic legal rights.

And to finish it all off with a massive generalisation of "anything that says "A Palestinian source states is probably a lie" is comparable to me saying you're from Bromley so you're probably related to H.G Wells. You moron.
Show your support (n/t) on 18:51 - Jul 15 with 2169 viewsDeano19766

Show your support on 11:46 - Jul 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Granted it's an emotive word, Nelly, and I certanly used it for effect. However, there's no denying to my mind that the horrors visited upon civilians in Palestine are indiscriminate and genocidal. It constantly amazes me that the people of the West are so apathetic and disengaged on this particular conflict.

[Post edited 15 Jul 2014 18:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Show your support on 18:55 - Jul 16 with 2113 viewspompeyhoop

Show your support on 13:36 - Jul 13 by kropotkin41

I am pretty stunned that anyone should see moral equivalence between a state that exists on stolen land and has been in violation of UN resolutions, that is to say international law for decades, and what is essentially a defenceless ghetto. I'm no supporter of Hamas and my preferred solution would not be one state or two states, but no state, but none of that is important, the children Israel is killing aren't terrorists or Hamas members or even Muslims, they are just children. Even if for some strange reason you feel compelled to support the apartheid state that is Israel, don't swallow the propaganda line that there is a war going on here, this is mass murder by the most powerful military in the region.

If your homeland had been invaded 60 odd years ago, stolen from under you and virtually every last scrap of it settled by another people do you like to think that you'd give up the fight, say "oh well, okay then, you have the place where we used to live, you keep the land we used to farm and keep on taking more"?

And another thing as I'm going on, it is not in any way anti-Semitic to condemn Zionism. Both Palestinians and Israelis are Semitic for a start, secondly not all Jewish people support the terrible policies of the Israeli state and thirdly finding someone's genocidal violence disgusting and disgraceful is not at all the same as commenting on their race or their faith.

Fantastic post mate

Show your support on 18:57 - Jul 16 with 2109 viewspompeyhoop

Show your support on 14:42 - Jul 13 by JAPRANGERS

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/hamas-just-attempted-to-create-a-horrific-nuclear

Hamas firing missiles at Israel, what did they expect as a response?? Hope Israel absolutely crushes them.

You absolute pile of sihte

Show your support on 19:01 - Jul 16 with 2107 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Show your support on 13:36 - Jul 13 by kropotkin41

I am pretty stunned that anyone should see moral equivalence between a state that exists on stolen land and has been in violation of UN resolutions, that is to say international law for decades, and what is essentially a defenceless ghetto. I'm no supporter of Hamas and my preferred solution would not be one state or two states, but no state, but none of that is important, the children Israel is killing aren't terrorists or Hamas members or even Muslims, they are just children. Even if for some strange reason you feel compelled to support the apartheid state that is Israel, don't swallow the propaganda line that there is a war going on here, this is mass murder by the most powerful military in the region.

If your homeland had been invaded 60 odd years ago, stolen from under you and virtually every last scrap of it settled by another people do you like to think that you'd give up the fight, say "oh well, okay then, you have the place where we used to live, you keep the land we used to farm and keep on taking more"?

And another thing as I'm going on, it is not in any way anti-Semitic to condemn Zionism. Both Palestinians and Israelis are Semitic for a start, secondly not all Jewish people support the terrible policies of the Israeli state and thirdly finding someone's genocidal violence disgusting and disgraceful is not at all the same as commenting on their race or their faith.

Great Post.

Comparing attrocities on each side is like comparing a smacked bum to a stabbing.
Show your support on 19:04 - Jul 16 with 2105 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

By the way, if 20 odd people on a QPR forum with fvck all at stake can't agree, what chance has Israel / Gaza & West Bank got?
Show your support on 22:22 - Jul 21 with 2037 viewskropotkin41

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Show your support on 23:03 - Jul 21 with 2020 viewsloftboy

I don't know nearly enough about either country to comment, but one thing that puzzled me was the poor kids that got killed whilst playing on their roof, surely at a time that rockets are being launched both ways then the roof of your house is the last place you would allow your kids to go?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Show your support on 23:11 - Jul 21 with 2015 viewsCHUBBS

Show your support on 22:22 - Jul 21 by kropotkin41

Thanks for posting that krop,sure you won't find anything like that on any of our main stream brainwashing media outlets.
I'd like to have that horrid c@nt at the end go help clear up the pieces of children she so happily wishes death upon and see if she's still laughing.
I'm sure our resident Zionist sympathizer mr sheen will be along shortly with some Israeli sponsored bs to prove the information displayed on that video unreliable.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 23:12]
Show your support on 23:57 - Jul 21 with 1986 viewsSpiritofGregory

Whose land is it?? There was mass immigration enforced by the Ottoman Empire in the 1880s which encouraged immigration from North African and neighbouring Arabs lands. Most Arabs in Gaza are descendants of those immigrants.

We must not let what is happening in Gaza fuel the wave of anti-Semitism across Europe. Christians are being persecuted and Syria/Iraq are being taken over by medieval psychopaths yet Muslims are focusing in Gaza to fuel an agenda of hatred towards the Jews.

DON'T FALL FOR IT.
Show your support on 01:01 - Jul 22 with 1969 viewsSonofNorfolt

Don't fall for it.
Don't for the blatant genocide of the Palestinians by the Israeli Govt, who do Worldwide Jews no favours whatsoever.

If any disaster hits them in a way that is being dished out in Gaza then most will not shed a single tear.
Show your support on 01:30 - Jul 22 with 1960 viewsCanadaRanger

Show your support on 09:54 - Jul 15 by THEBUSH

I recall a photo that the BBC posted with a Gaza/Hamas story a few years ago. I wrote to them about it because it was so blatantly staged...

The Israeli's claimed to have hit a warehouse where missiles were being made. Hamas clained it was a school (for small children). The photo showed the pile of rubble with a few CLEAN bright plastic kiddy chairs placed on top. If those chairs had been anywhere near that building when it was destroyed you would think there would have been "at least a little dust" on them...

Then there were the infamous photoshopped smoke in Lebanon / Israeli jet missiles photos.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5254838.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Hajj_photographs_controversy

I'm not saying both sides don't try to manipulate the media, but some things are more easily spotted because they are so amateur hour, three cases in point listed above.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 1:35]
Show your support on 01:37 - Jul 22 with 1948 viewsHollowayRanger

arab kills jew

jew kills arab

repeat for 2ooo years and continue

all I know is their demonstration in central London made me late on Saturday by over 2 hours and achieved nothing
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 1:40]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Show your support on 06:28 - Jul 22 with 1918 viewsWatford_Ranger

Show your support on 01:01 - Jul 22 by SonofNorfolt

Don't fall for it.
Don't for the blatant genocide of the Palestinians by the Israeli Govt, who do Worldwide Jews no favours whatsoever.

If any disaster hits them in a way that is being dished out in Gaza then most will not shed a single tear.

Genocide is a word I wouldn't use so lightly. If anyone is driving a genocide of Arabs in Gaza it is Hamas.

The sad fact is that a (very, very small) minority of Muslims don't seem able to get on with any other race and even not with each other.
Show your support on 09:57 - Jul 22 with 1886 viewsTheChef

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-menachem-creditor/im-done-apologizing-for-i_

'I ask: What do Israel's enraged critics truly desire? How is it possible to hear indignant claims of human rights violations in the context of Syrians slaughtered by the hundreds of thousands, state-sanctioned terrorism around the globe, and young immigrants treated like chattel by the US and other? Israel is doing its best, sacrificing its own children to preserve the lives of Palestinians.

I also ask, regarding the world's seemingly acceptance of Hamas' tactics as the only remaining option left for a desperate leadership:

Were Hamas to truly lead its people forward to a life of stability and peace, wouldn't it use building materials for schools instead of smuggling tunnels? Wouldn't Hamas stop stockpiling weapons in mosques and transporting them in UN ambulances? Wouldn't Hamas stop firing missiles from civilian population centers if it valued Palestinian lives as much as Israel does?'

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Show your support on 19:07 - Jul 23 with 1845 viewsBrianMcCarthy

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/middle-east/israel-may-be-committing-war-cr

Stronger than usual from the UN.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Show your support on 19:11 - Jul 23 with 1837 viewskropotkin41

Show your support on 01:37 - Jul 22 by HollowayRanger

arab kills jew

jew kills arab

repeat for 2ooo years and continue

all I know is their demonstration in central London made me late on Saturday by over 2 hours and achieved nothing
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 1:40]

That's not true though mate. Jews defended Jerusalem alongside Muslims against the First Crusade. Jews lived without fear in the Ottoman Empire for centuries and in Palestine in particular to such an extent that they were referred to as Palestinian Jews.

Sorry to spoil your easy view of the world but it's Israel that kills Palestinians not Jews and Arabs who ceaselessly kill each other.

Show your support on 19:16 - Jul 23 with 1828 viewskropotkin41

Show your support on 09:57 - Jul 22 by TheChef

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-menachem-creditor/im-done-apologizing-for-i_

'I ask: What do Israel's enraged critics truly desire? How is it possible to hear indignant claims of human rights violations in the context of Syrians slaughtered by the hundreds of thousands, state-sanctioned terrorism around the globe, and young immigrants treated like chattel by the US and other? Israel is doing its best, sacrificing its own children to preserve the lives of Palestinians.

I also ask, regarding the world's seemingly acceptance of Hamas' tactics as the only remaining option left for a desperate leadership:

Were Hamas to truly lead its people forward to a life of stability and peace, wouldn't it use building materials for schools instead of smuggling tunnels? Wouldn't Hamas stop stockpiling weapons in mosques and transporting them in UN ambulances? Wouldn't Hamas stop firing missiles from civilian population centers if it valued Palestinian lives as much as Israel does?'

That is utter bullsh*t from a man who would of course do nothing else than justify what Israel has done. For goodness sake, which part of the history of the conquest of Palestine and the Nakba do people not understand? Which part of the fact that Israel has created an apartheid state do people have difficulty getting their heads around.

You do not need to be a supporter of Hamas to find what Israel is doing detestable, and you're not going to find out the truth of it from the mainstream mass media. If you're interested enough to hold an opinion that supports the murderous policy of Israel then take the time to watch this:

Show your support on 19:17 - Jul 23 with 1826 viewskropotkin41

Show your support on 19:07 - Jul 23 by BrianMcCarthy

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/middle-east/israel-may-be-committing-war-cr

Stronger than usual from the UN.

"May be committing............." Good gawd!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024